NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 4 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2019 - 16:06

Ok so have spent the afternoon pouring through stats, checking though options
    Will definitely do Friend to Tolman, will look for that second trade
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 4 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th

Post by Shanbon Wed 10 Apr 2019 - 21:56

I have Tolman already but I’m underwhelmed a little, huge minutes last week as they lost 2 interchange
    players and it was a tight close game which suits his style.

I’d be going AFB he is looking good and like a Hasler fav, his TBs have been his only real attacking stats most of his points have been from RM and Tackles. Yes would have a lower floor but his ceiling is so much higher then Tolmans.

1.AFB
    2.Twal
    3.Tolman

2 other options are Vaughan at the top end of your budget or June Paulo at the lower end. He is getting consistent min with a 40 avg all base stats, if he can add some TBs or Offloads like past years could push to 50, looks to have found some fitness

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 0:24

Shanbon wrote:I have Tolman already but I’m underwhelmed a little, huge minutes last week as they lost 2 interchange
    players and it was a tight close game which suits his style.

I’d be going AFB he is looking good and like a Hasler fav, his TBs have been his only real attacking stats most of his points have been from RM and Tackles. Yes would have a lower floor but his ceiling is so much higher then Tolmans.

1.AFB
    2.Twal
    3.Tolman

2 other options are Vaughan at the top end of your budget or June Paulo at the lower end. He is getting consistent min with a 40 avg all base stats, if he can add some TBs or Offloads like past years could push to 50, looks to have found some fitness

You know what Shanbon, went back and looked at Paulo and I think he will do the job nicely.
    At his price it means I can do lots with the Friend money
    Krump mentioned him a couple weeks ago as well and he is still going great guns.

Looking at the way he is being used with playing the first 30mins and come back on at 50mins seems to be working for the eels
    He was one of their big off season signings, has a big motor and can punch out a big score on his day with good attacking stats.
    Even if he gets me 40points minimum for the next 6 weeks (while I jump on all the fallen guns), then he has done his job.

That lets me go Friend to Bateman for the second trade :ThumbsUp:

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 0:57

Round 5 Trades 314k in the bank

John Bateman 742k (predicted 55-60pts)
    Fun lively guy to watch, been trying to get him in sooner but have had injuries to take care of
    Having DPP is handy for my team and gives me instant depth to my 17 while being a keeper ctr and playing rd 12 byes
    He has shown he can score very well, and he hasn't even scored a try yet in a Raiders team getting better each week.

Payne Haas 231k (predicted 30+ pts)
    Last minute trade in due to being named at lock, huge frame and huge potential with big PPM
    If can get some decent minutes for a couple weeks then will roll the dice and hope for the best he cements a spot in the team
    No real expectations but he looks a great option to bring in for an injured Napa so great timing for him to appear now

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 22:36; edited 6 times in total

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 1:04

Round 5 team

Cook (c)
    Haas Lawrie
    Arrow Murray Bateman
    Morgan Cartwright
    Capewell Nikora
    CNK Ravalawa Sivo

Smith McCullough Rein Mahoney

Garner
    Burns
    Bird
    Host

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 21:54; edited 1 time in total
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu 11 Apr 2019 - 20:47

Long wait to see how those trades work out, last game of the weekend.

Post by Guest Mon 15 Apr 2019 - 9:13

Round 5 Results

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 4 Round_86
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 4 Round_83
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 4 Round_85
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 4 Round_84
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue 16 Apr 2019 - 0:27

I like your approach this year Booze, I scored 964 with a "cookie cutter" team. Your high scoring hookers seem to balance out the light WFB and still get you a top score.

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2019 - 21:19

Chewie wrote:I like your approach this year Booze, I scored 964 with a "cookie cutter" team. Your high scoring hookers seem to balance out the light WFB and still get you a top score.

Thanks mate, nice score yourself. Alot of our teams are merging to the same point, just been a different journey to get here haha.

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2019 - 21:33

Thinking along these trades this week

McCullough/Burns out   Ponga/CHT in

If my team can do something similar to last week,not having to rely on too many cheapies at the back means hopefully in for a chance for some fried chicken haha
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Last edited by Boozecluez on Sun 21 Apr 2019 - 21:59; edited 4 times in total

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2019 - 21:55

Round 6 Trades 129k in the bank

Kalyn Ponga 648k (predicted 50pts)
    The cheapest you will get him all season, DPP gun who can go large on his day and does it all
    Goal kicking helps give him a stable base, back to WFB where he will go back to killing it.

Chanel Harris-Tavita 320k (predicted 40-45pts)
    Well after to a solid start to his career he seems to be in favour as the Warriors young half.
    He has a decent attacking game and goal kicks so these are big positives
    If he can average even 40 for the next 3 weeks he makes 150k which will be handy, wanted him earlier but better late then never
    The downsides are his defense but if he can plug away while chancing his arm then who knows where he will finish

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 21:44; edited 3 times in total
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed 17 Apr 2019 - 21:06

Not sure why you would be targeting mid rangers like Sutton. You already have 1 too many, not being able to play Mahoney last week. Surely the surplus of Hookers should be the key target to trade some in to cash up to some keepers that you can play instead? Key weaknesses are halves and WFB to use that cash on by ditching McCullough and playing Mahoney instead for similar scores.

Post by Guest Wed 17 Apr 2019 - 22:43

mattnz wrote:Not sure why you would be targeting mid rangers like Sutton. You already have 1 too many, not being able to play Mahoney last week. Surely the surplus of Hookers should be the key target to trade some in to cash up to some keepers that you can play instead? Key weaknesses are halves and WFB to use that cash on by ditching McCullough and playing Mahoney instead for similar scores.

Have been doing some thinking over the past day about my team setup and what risks I want to take.

I see where you are coming from and the plan originally was to bring in x2 WFB this week.
    Have been chopping and changing on 2 guns in vs 1 cow/1 gun but think will lean towards the latter to give me more flexibility and depth for this week at least.
    It will be only for this week with the extra cover in the 14-17, just want the extra coin in the bank and some flexibility next week on trades which this gives me.
    While I love looking at the solid 3 at WFB, don't want to get caught with a couple injuries and no way to fix given i have no half/frf cover whatsoever going that way

McCullough is an easy swap next week to a Tedesco regardless if I go that route now, being able to cash out a couple cows this week is good too.

Ogden and Sutton are really just some options that I had considered, Sutton the past 2 weeks so just watching really.
    It really comes down to the DPP updates next week but ultimately I am flexible and will be after a FRF/2RF player soon for cover regardless.

Anyways cheers for your comment and making me think over my trades some more

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 21:50; edited 3 times in total

Post by Guest Wed 17 Apr 2019 - 23:08

Round 6 team

Cook (C)
    Lawrie Haas
    Arrow Murray Garner
    Morgan Harris-Tavita
    Bateman Nikora
    Sivo Ponga CNK

Smith McCullough Rein Mahoney

Capewell Burns  Ravalawa Sivo

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu 25 Apr 2019 - 18:16; edited 2 times in total
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu 18 Apr 2019 - 17:54

Boozecluez wrote:Team for the week

Cook (C)
    Lawrie Haas
    Arrow Murray Garner
    Morgan Cartwright
    Bateman Nikora
    Tedesco Ponga CNK

Smith Rein Mahoney Capewell

Bird Host Ravalawa Sivo

Nice trades, great team, ready to do some damage.

Post by Guest Mon 22 Apr 2019 - 21:26

mattnz wrote:

Nice trades, great team, ready to do some damage.

So if I had stuck with my original team would have probably snuck in a 1000 score
    Or simply played Carty over CHT haha
    Though I get CHT's price rise instead and Teddy is slightly cheaper next week so have a few more options and cash in a few weeks for say a Farah
    Seems to have worked itself out.

Last edited by Boozecluez on Mon 22 Apr 2019 - 23:02; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Mon 22 Apr 2019 - 23:01

Round 6 Results

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 4 Round_92
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 4 Round_89
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 4 Round_91
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 4 Round_90
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed 24 Apr 2019 - 0:31

What are your thoughts on trades for this week?

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2019 - 1:04

mattnz wrote:What are your thoughts on trades for this week?

Thinking a couple options at a glance, but want to go WFB as that is the last big improvement after halves and if CNK doesn't pull up I don't want to have to play both Sivo and Rava.

Safe:
    A) McCullough + Burns out for Tedesco + Xerri (192k remaining)
    Pros, Teddy gives me a gun wfb and Xerri covers for Nikora this week while getting to loop Rava/Sivo if CNK doesn't play
    Also means less money tied up in NPR's with more point potential in the 17 and a Teddy who scores very well vs the dragons
    Cons: Teddy has a 60be so could potentially be bought cheaper if he bombs again, McCullough scores could pick up, Rava scores bad and loses a bit of cash

Risky:
    B) Ravalawa + Burns out for CWatson + Xerri (140k remaining)
    Pros, heaps of depth and if Watson can return to last year scores will make a heap of cash/45pts game at WFB while letting me milk 2 cows.
    Cons: Watson fails this week and becomes a Knights scapegoat so gets dropped/benched.

Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu 25 Apr 2019 - 17:01

@Boozecluez

Are you staying around?

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024 - 8:31