NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th

Krump
    Krump

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 3 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th

Post by Krump Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:39 am

Napa has safer minutes but more erratic scoring. I'm not huge on either TBH. Have you looked at Paulo, only slightly more expensive at $471k but played 50 minutes for 43 points with a 31 BE.

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 3 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th

Post by Guest Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:24 am

Krump wrote:Napa has safer minutes but more erratic scoring. I'm not huge on either TBH. Have you looked at Paulo, only slightly more expensive at $471k but played 50 minutes for 43 points with a 31 BE.

I did consider Paulo but there were a couple question marks about his new role and he didn't start round 1 so did look past him.
    Also with an experienced bench of Gower/Mannah/Evans and Terepo to come back then, I am struggling to see his role having large upside from his current 50 mins (From 10 games over 40mins he averaged 38 last year)
    If he continues at 50mins based on his career history he averages around 42pts (30 game sample) which is what he started the season at giving him a 3 weeks increase of about 80k.
    Nothing to sneeze at and will probably max out at Tolman's current price.

The only others worth looking at below is these players but I don't think this gives me enough cash or potential $$ gains over say Napa if I was to trade in
    RCG - $512k
    JWH - $533k
    Afoa - $510k

Cheers for bringing him up, he would have been in for consideration to start the year but missed game one .
    Basically Paulo offers a safer floor for 70k but I feel that 70k cash gives me a lot more options over the next week or 2 and I feel Napa gives the greater Risk V Reward.

Not a huge fan of Napa regardless but just need him to perform a role for my team for a short period

If this does somehow go bad I will go to the hooker trust fund and just bring in Fifita/Taupau
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:40 pm

If I didn't need a bench hooker to cover Friend I would definitely be looking at Napa, definitely think he averages between 35-40 over the next month.

Would look at Holland to Napa because owning there forwards feels a lot safer than their backs.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:51 am

Starting team for round 3

Cook (C)
    Napa Lawrie
    Arrow Murray Garner
    Morgan Keighran
    Bird Nikora
    Burns CNK Sivo

Smith Friend McCullough Mahoney

Capewell Brown Host Ravalawa

Post by Guest Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:42 pm

Round 3 Trades

Dylan Napa 403k (predicted 35-40pts)
    Napa has a head start now with last weeks 62pt try game, BE of 0
    3 week avg (35 =+99k) (40 = +125k) (45 =+152k)
    Minutes have been trending up and played 52mins last week
    Realistic average 35-40 from here if he plays that (Last year when playing 50mins+ averaged 36pts)
    While in hindsight I should have traded Tolman last week for Lawrie, I have no problem making this trade again given he is the best option at this price

Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 429k (predicted 40pts)
    Was very close to bringing him in to start the year, was low on funds so he missed out
    Given the way he has started the year,can break and tackle and loves to get involved makes him a solid option each week

Out are Kahu and Tolman

Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post by Guest Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:06 pm

Round 3 Results

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 3 Round_74
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 3 Round_69
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 3 Round_71
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 3 Round_70

Last edited by Boozecluez on Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mac Attack

Post by Mac Attack Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:01 pm

Nice

What trades you got in mind pre TLT?

Looks like Friend, Mahoney and Burns your only concerns.

Maybe bring in Rein and upgrade Burns to Teddy or something?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:03 am

Mac Attack wrote:Nice

What trades you got in mind pre TLT?

Looks like Friend, Mahoney and Burns your only concerns.

Maybe bring in Rein and upgrade Burns to Teddy or something?

Haha nice, Will take that compliment even if it wasn't the best week, guess it could be worse and got saved by some calculated risks in Sivo,CNK and Napa.
    The main thing with this team is at least it is making some coin so hopefully will be able to get some more guns in soon.

Yeah there is a few issues and injury concerns so unsure who will be leaving but Burns and Friend look like it.
    With the decent bank and a few smart trades should be able to ride this out

I like alot of the popular names being thrown out there but might see if there are a few outside the box options pending TLT
    Will keep you posted

Look forward to TLT, cheers

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:12 pm

Round 4 Trades

Bryce Cartwright 335k (predicted 45pts)
    When he starts on the edge he scores over 50. He was the Titans big purchase last year but seems to have had a good offseason and has been playing well when starting (including trials).
    While he loves an error this is a package deal, lots of risk/reward but off a good score then hope to ride his price up to a keeper, while give me time to fix the rest of my team.
    His DPP will also be massively handy should he get moved to bench later given all my hookers

Mitch Rein 498k (predicted 50pts)
    Mitch has always been a good fantasy hooker, loves a dart and makes plenty of tackles.
    Like last year he gets his chance again, Peats is out a while and his price makes him a value prospect so better sooner than later.

Out Brown and Keighran

Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:18 pm

Starting team for Round 4 74k in the bank

Cook (C)
    Napa Lawrie
    Arrow Murray Garner
    Morgan Cartwright
    Burns Nikora
    CNK Sivo Ravalawa

Smith, McCullough, Mahoney, Rein

Friend
    Host
    Bird
    Capewell

I won't go into the details of this bench setup as to not upset people, but you can see what is going on.(Host can swap with places with Capewell if Bird has a shocker tomorrow)
    Friend will hang around another week to assess his injury (Worst case his funds can be used to fix another spot next week)

Gives me plenty of earners to plug the holes that turned up this week, nothing to worry too much about and wil move on to next week
    Have a good week everyone
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:24 pm

Nice trades Booze,

I have Rein already and as you saw by my solemn pledge in the Carty-party thread I'm getting him too.

Interesting to see you are getting rid of both of the rookie halves?? Brown injury that bad you reckon?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:40 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Nice trades Booze,

I have Rein already and as you saw by my solemn pledge in the Carty-party thread I'm getting him too.

Interesting to see you are getting rid of both of the rookie halves?? Brown injury that bad you reckon?

Thanks mate, have ended up doing the trades I had in mind prior to TLT so will just go with them and make do this week.
    I make no apologies with Cartwright,  he is risky but if you leave it too long to bring in his value disappears completely so need to jump now.

As for trade outs, Keighran is first out and then it came down to Burns/Friend vs Brown
    Simply put it must be bad enough to warrant mentioning Browns back issue, rather than say resting him for 1 week which they could have done.
    So if it is a few weeks minimum then it makes sense he goes as the other options have closer return dates or are possible keepers.
    Friend is being mentioned as 1-2 weeks and Burns 2-4 weeks
    Burns and Friend may both go next week anyways, just can't afford to carry too many red dot's (so process of elimination).

Haha there is too many options to bring in to be fair, but need those earners back to make up for what I have lost.
    Could have gone for straight up keepers this week but will look to target them soon based on urgency.

Crichton/Ponga in a a couple weeks look good
    Tedesco I would like this week but will have to wait now
    FRF will need some looking at soon, just need another big score from Mahoney to get his price moving again so I can swap with Fifita/Taupau or even James in a few weeks

Will see what happens

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:08 am

Round 4 Results

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 3 Round_82
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 3 Round_79
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 3 Round_80
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 3 Round_78

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:29 am

Injury and Trade out list

So unsure of trades outs at this stage
    Managed to shift 2 injured/dropped players last week but have been luck enough to get some more to the list
    In a matter of urgency, will have to move the below players and who leaves will depend on cash required for replacements.
    Will need a FRF Napa replacement regardless this week as Host is off the bench.

Definite injured trade outs
    Napa - 8 weeks injury
    Burns - 4-6 weeks injury

Less urgent trades outs and recovering from injuries
    Garner - played reduced minutes due to injury, fast cash reduced due to this and unsure how he will score in near future.
    Host - Ankle injury and playing off bench meaning less minutes and unknown role.
    Friend - unsure if injury will reoccur or a definitereturn date, may have reduced workload minutes due to niggle and he is a lot of money not playing each week.

Not urgent but will need upgrading or milking over next few weeks
    Capewell
    Ravalawa
    Sivo
    Mahoney
    McCullough*
    Lawrie*
    Arrow*

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:42 pm

Trade thoughts

FRF trade in

So in the market for a prop this week, not looking to break the bank as much as I would like a Fifita/Taupau as will need to make other upgrades soon
    It's unfortunate with Napa as he was making me good $$ but injuries can happen. Will probably use Friend to fund this move.

Though the Napa injury has some small upside as makes Tolman an option again with the predicted extra workload.Ogden would have been a gamble as well but is only available at 2rf
    It's a bit crap how it has all played out given I started with Tolman but this couldn't be predicted and need to make the trade in on merit, not emotion.

Thinking I will target the tier below and ranked in order. Non origin is what I am after too

Aiden Tolman FRF $639k 31BE - should get good minutes and workload given Napa out now for a while, all base stats too.
    Alex Twal FRF/2RF $639k 28BE Players coming back from injury could impact him but high base stats like Tolman and DPP is bonus. Slightly riskier role than Tolman
    Addin Fonua-Blake FRF $646k 31BE More attacking stats, plays lower minutes so relying on these to score well each week. Higher risk v reward than above.

Left field pick
    Ryan Sutton $421k BE 20- Starting at lock but for how long?
    Mid 40's scores for about 55mins at lock the past 2 weeks where the Raiders have looked great
    Tapine back on bench so pack could shuffle again but last game Ricky mentioned he was best on field and will he shuffle if they are going well and upset the balance.
    Minutes are hard to work out given the Raiders starting forwards playing 80mins,does he become a bit like Welch at the Storm?

Klemmer looks solid but more expensive and want to avoid origin players for now
    Taukeiaho seems to come and go and has probably gained off Friend not being there.
    Hame Sele - Coming off a good score, still cheap but can i live off 30-45 scores with unknown minutes going forward. Another stop i can probably do without though

I like Ryan James and Daniel Alvaro but they are bleeding cash so would have been targets in a couple weeks, still may be but not prepared to bring in today

Last edited by Boozecluez on Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:06 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Trade thoughts

FRF trade in

So in the market for a prop this week, not looking to break the bank as much as I would like a Fifita/Taupau as will need to make other upgrades soon
    It's unfortunate with Napa as he was making me good $$ but injuries can happen. Will probably use Friend to fund this move.

Though the Napa injury has some small upside as makes Tolman an option again with the predicted extra workload.Ogden would have been a gamble as well but is only available at 2rf
    It's a bit crap how it has all played out given I started with Tolman but this couldn't be predicted and need to make the trade in on merit, not emotion.

Thinking I will target the tier below and ranked in order. Non origin is what I am after too

Aiden Tolman FRF $639k 31BE - should get good minutes and workload given Napa out now for a while, all base stats too.
    Alex Twal FRF/2RF $639k 28BE Players coming back from injury could impact him but high base stats like Tolman and DPP is bonus. Slightly riskier role than Tolman
    Addin Fonua-Blake FRF $646k 31BE More attacking stats, plays lower minutes so relying on these to score well each week. Higher risk v reward than above.

Left field pick
    Mid 40's scores for about 55mins at lock the past 2 weeks where the Raiders have looked great
    Tapine back on bench so pack could shuffle again but last game Ricky mentioned he was best on field and will he shuffle if they are going well and upset the balance.
    Minutes are hard to work out given the Raiders starting forwards playing 80mins,does he become a bit like Welch at the Storm?
    I've got the same decision to make this week, I'm leaning towards Tolman with Napa out and round 12 availability. I got burnt by Tolman last season so I'm a bit hesitant. 

I haven't considered Sutton, but will keep an eye on him
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:09 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Trade thoughts

FRF trade in

Left field pick

Yeah I really like Sutton. Just hard to know his minutes going forward

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:12 pm

Chewie wrote:
    I've got the same decision to make this week, I'm leaning towards Tolman with Napa out and round 12 availability. I got burnt by Tolman last season so I'm a bit hesitant. 

I haven't considered Sutton, but will keep an eye on him

Haha both Napa and Tolman have been musical chairs to start the season in my team. Can't win but what can you do.

At this stage I have pencilled Tolman in as well, just making sure I am not missing something.
    Had Sutton there since TLT but the more I look at their team the more I can't work out their minutes and something has to give.
    If he can get 45-50 mins I could handle 40pt scores for the next few weeks and pick up a fallen gun

At least you know what you are getting with Tolman though, so many holes to fix and means missing out on some cows while I do (which is a shame)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:28 pm

Shame Canberra play late in the round. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tapine come into the starting lineup. If not now mayne next week.

i think Twal and Tolman offer better options

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:44 pm

Milchy wrote:
    Shame Canberra play late in the round. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tapine come into the starting lineup. If not now mayne next week.

i think Twal and Tolman offer better options

100% and the more I look at Sutton the more I cant really afford that risk this week.
    The tigers have a lot of forwards on the bench while the dogs are light there so Tolman it is.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 pm