NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 7 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2019 3:44 pm

Milchy wrote:
    For similar reasons I am bringing in Liam Martin over Taupau this week.

Can bring in Taupau for Xerri/Lomax in a week or 2.

The big cash pool and potential money from Martin overrides the extra points from Taupau.

Will probably play Young over Martin though (unless ARey is out, then they both play)

Solid plan Milchy, at least we are all in together on this meat raffle

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 7 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2019 4:12 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:I just don't know who to trade out to get them both?

These are the four trades I have pencilled in for RD10 and 11:

Brown > Martin
    Gillett > Young
    Lawrie > Taupau
    Morgan > Taumalolo

Cartwright will have to fill in at HLF until I can flick him to SJ after Rd12

Depending on your team it shouldn’t matter massively what order you trade out over one week unless you are playing them. I have no choice with mine as Capewell is handy for another week or 2 at centre.
    Morgan is still ok until origin, Lawrie may be impacted by DeBelin/Sims, Gillet unsure on his BE or role but probably on an edge and Brown isn’t losing cash or playing.

Trust your gut

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2019 4:19 pm

Good luck Booze! Smash it!

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2019 6:11 pm

Round 10 trades 647k remaining

Alexander Brimson 436k
    Have decided to roll the dice on Brimson who I believe can make Fullback his own, especially given the Titans lack of form and them needing to make changes.
    Brimson showed what he was capable last year and playing off the bench has started the year discounted , he is a talented youngster and will back him in
    At worst he is fun to watch and an excitement machine who can score big on his day
    Has DPP as well which could be some handy cover long term in the 18-21 and plays RD12 too especially with Tedesco and Ponga backing up after origin

Liam Martin 281k 281k
    Cheap cash out with a low BE and plays rd12 bye

Out is Cartwright and Morgan

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu May 23, 2019 7:26 am; edited 12 times in total

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2019 6:15 pm

Round 10 team

Cook (c)
    Fifita Haas
    Arrow Murray Crichton
    Flanagan Brimson
    Nikora Capewell
    Tedesco Ponga CNK

Smith Mahoney Rein Lawrie

Sivo* Martin Lomax Xerri

Post by Guest Sun May 19, 2019 8:56 pm

Round 10 Results

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 7 Round106
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 7 Round107
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 7 Round109
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 7 Round108

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2019 7:35 am

Round 11 Trades 427k in bank

Jason Taumalolo 746k

Martin Taupau 723k

Out Capewell and Arrow

Last edited by Boozecluez on Fri May 24, 2019 6:07 pm; edited 4 times in total

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2019 7:38 am

Team 11 team

Cook (c)
    Fifita Haas
    Taumalolo Murray Crichton
    Flanagan Ponga
    Nikora Lomax
    Tedesco Brimson CNK

CSmith Rein Mahoney Taupau

Sivo Lawrie Xerri Martin

Post by Guest Mon May 27, 2019 7:25 am

Round 12 results

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 7 Round114
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 7 Round111
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 7 Round113
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 7 Round112
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon May 27, 2019 7:52 pm

I miss your breakdowns

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2019 7:15 pm

Round 12 Trades 543k in bank

Billy Brittain 228k
    Adam Reynolds 700k
    John Bateman 776k
    Mitchell Moses 648k

Out: Crichton,Lomax,Flanagan,Lawrie

Last edited by Boozecluez on Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:42 pm; edited 12 times in total

Post by Guest Wed May 29, 2019 7:16 pm

Round 12 team 129k remaining

Rein
    Fifita Haas
    Taumalolo Taupau Martin
    Reynolds Moses
    Nikora Xerri
    CNK Sivo Brimson

Mahoney Brittain Bateman  Ponga

Tedesco Cook Smith Murray

Last edited by Boozecluez on Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:43 pm; edited 6 times in total

Post by Guest Thu May 30, 2019 11:22 am

Looking good Booze. Sivo and Brimson both poddy for this round. Hopefully they go bang!

Post by Guest Fri May 31, 2019 7:15 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:Looking good Booze. Sivo and Brimson both poddy for this round. Hopefully they go bang!

Cheers mate, trying to give this round a shake and get me set up for a big second half of the year

Post by Guest Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:46 am

New trade ins went well and up to 10th but still 2 more games to come so anything can happen
    Moses 80, Reynolds 53, Brittain 51

Last trade I have planned is Crichton to Havili but wondering if I am better off picking up Bateman now and grabbing a different cow next week
    Havili was to be a handy 17th man, free up cash to pay for McInnes/Bateman/Johnson and make some cash himself to allow a 3rd round bye player to come in.
    If a cheap 2rf pops up like Martin(Dragons) then they will be a decent replacement in 2rf
    Other than Kenny at his price there is limited options for cows next week lwithout gambling on a winger

Think I will stick with this trade but open to suggestions?
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:40 am

whats your team without Havaili again? How much cash left? And will that trade only leave you 10 trades left?

Post by Guest Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:13 am

Shanbon wrote:whats your team without Havaili again? How much cash left? And will that trade only leave you 10 trades left?

Have roughly been planning this out for a while now, with some players changing pending injuries and form.

Current team

129k remaining 10 trades

Cook
    Fifita Haas
    Taumalolo Taupau Murray
    Reynolds Moses
    Nikora Bateman
    Ponga Tedesco CNK

Smith Rein Mahoney Martin

Brimson Xerri Sivo Brittain

Basically selling Crichton allows me to bring back Bateman for some bye points, and enough cash to turn Rein into Mcinnes in one trade (assuming Rein beats his BE of 36)

It's all calculated risk end of the day

Last edited by Boozecluez on Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:05 am

If you hold to that plan and not be tempted to add a couple more rd16 players in that week then i think it will work. (anything less then 6 trades for the last 9 weeks is a bit to risky for me)

Post by Guest Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:07 pm

Shanbon wrote:If you hold to that plan and not be tempted to add a couple more rd16 players in that week then i think it will work.  (anything less then 6 trades for the last 9 weeks is a bit to risky for me)

Cheers for having a look Shanbon
    Have gone Bateman in the end and will leave Havili.
    With Martin getting a reprieve and kickstarting his earning (and possibly even locking in a spot), he has taken Havilis role going forward. Brittain could even kick on too if he gets another few games.
    Sivo could also be handy if he has to play another week so I am not forced to trade next week either.

Just want to keep my options open next week and have both trades free in case of some Origin hangovers.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:18 am

Hey Booze, fingers crossed Brimson goes Boom for you mate - nice POD pick there I reckon.

Also congrats on your team going so well - rooting for you. Mattnz said right at the beginning of the year he liked the POD of your initial strategy, I completely agreed with him so its nice to see it working out.

For what its worth I'll have a quick look at your team once round 12 closes. Will tell you what I'd do if in your position.

My team is shit so I have a bit of spare time lol!!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:13 pm