NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 6 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2019 8:27 am

Pacey's Best wrote:

Mate, keep in mind that Robbie Farah does not play the 1st bye round.

Thanks for the pickup mate, was in my pool of players to bring in pre first bye (price dependent)
    Have updated it so anyone reading doesn’t get confused

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 6 Empty Re: Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th

Post by Guest Mon May 06, 2019 3:01 am

Round 8 Results

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 6 Round_97

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 6 Round_98
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 6 Round100
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 6 Round_99
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 06, 2019 3:10 am

Looking good mate - whats your plan for this round?

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2019 11:56 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Looking good mate - whats your plan for this round?

Cheers mate, just digesting this TLT so unsure what trades will be this week
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue May 07, 2019 3:48 pm

In keeping with the theme of the team, Turpin or Fainu perhaps?

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2019 10:48 am

mattnz wrote:In keeping with the theme of the team, Turpin or Fainu perhaps?

Going Turpin. Looking at the bench he should be good for 60mins+ you would think and think he is capable of scoring 40+

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2019 10:57 am

Round 9 Trades 288k remaining

Andrew Fifita 851k (predicted 60pts)
    Has been in beast mode to start the year in an understrength Sharks parks.
    One of the downsides for experimenting with a strong Hooker team was not getting Fifita but I finally get him now for just below starting price.
    Also gives me another captain option going forward especially over Origin with Cook potentially being tired

Zac Lomax 239k (predicted 30pts)
    Low BE, covers WFB/CTR and goal kicks.
    Back to his natural position of CTR and the perfect 18th man given his cost and potential

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu May 09, 2019 1:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post by Guest Thu May 09, 2019 11:04 am

Round 9 team

Cook (c)
    Fifita Haas
    Arrow Murray Crichton
    Morgan Flanagan
    Nikora Capewell
    Tedesco Ponga CNK

Smith Mahoney Rein Lawrie

Lomax Xerri Cartwright Sivo

_______________________________________________________________________________

Some rough plans going forward
    Have been burning through trades so have decided to set my team up with better cover and strengthen the overall 17.
    Been running without FRF/2RF cover for the first 8 rounds so want to reduce this risk here, while Fifita needs to come in (Better late than never and regardless of first bye is head and shoulders above the next tier)
    Also looking to the future i have opted to bring in a cut price WFB/CTR player for cover in Lomax as Sivo/Xerri won't be there forever.
    He can easily be left there to do his thing, possibly play if Capewell goes soon.

Capewell gets another week to see if he should hold the CTR spot for a few more weeks
    Morgan as well, any less than 40 and he is close to being upgraded early.
    Will watch Lomax and Dearden this week, mainly as players I will keep until end as cover players in the 18-21

Rein to Farah (rd 13) - Farah should only go up 40k in 3 weeks based on average and Rein plays rd 12
    Morgan to Reynolds (rd 12) Want to leave time to see who plays origin
    Taumalolo in pre rd 12- Want to see another week as only just returned from major injury
    Taupau/Twal or ? - Need a DPP forward possibly for a bench spot
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri May 10, 2019 9:37 am

Noooooooo. I just noticed you traded Fifita in No

Post by Guest Sun May 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Round 9 Results

Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 6 Round102
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 6 Round103
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 6 Round105
    Trials and Tribulations of a NRL Fantasy Coach 2019 - End result 40th - Page 6 Round104
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun May 12, 2019 1:20 pm

Great score boozey
    Bumders

Post by Bumders Sun May 12, 2019 6:23 pm

Super unlucky with Fifita! Hopefully he plays next week as expected by Sharks management. I have Morgan and Mahoney also, was spewing with the eels decision to bench him! Morgan is a sure trade for me this week! Imagine if fifi wasn’t injured and Mahoney started as usual!

What are your thoughts on Jai Field? Looks the business, if he keeps playing well is there anywhere for him when Norman gets back? Other options I’m thinking is dearden (to bank some cash) or Milford (is he going to step up in the absence of Mccullouch and Kodi?)
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon May 13, 2019 6:17 am

Great rank Booze, strategy is paying off for you.

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2019 1:35 am

Bumders wrote:Super unlucky with Fifita! Hopefully he plays next week as expected by Sharks management. I have Morgan and Mahoney also, was spewing with the eels decision to bench him! Morgan is a sure trade for me this week! Imagine if fifi wasn’t injured and Mahoney started as usual!

What are your thoughts on Jai Field? Looks the business, if he keeps playing well is there anywhere for him when Norman gets back? Other options I’m thinking is dearden (to bank some cash) or Milford (is he going to step up in the absence of Mccullouch and Kodi?)

Hey mate, Field is too risky for me. Boom Bust type player that relies on large attacking plays to score and has questionable job security with Norman back soon.
    Dearden looks like a solid slow burner/half cover while Milford is on a run again, some base stats have raised his floor this year so should be a top 5 half regardless.

Cheers for the messages as well @Matt @Milchy

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu May 16, 2019 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2019 2:19 am

Trade planning

So with pending byes and trades disappearing I need another look at what I have left to do.
    Also have to make some decisions of the final team based on this

Trades

Before rd12 bye
    Morgan 571k to Gun Half (Reynolds/Cleary ) 750k
    Capewell 544k to Burns/Staggs 422k
    Lawrie 577k to Taupau 735k

After rd12 bye
    Cartwright - 505k  to Johnson 650k
    Mahoney - 687k to  Mcinnes - 796k
    Rein - 654k  to Farah 734k
    Sivo - 528k  to Cow 212k
    Xerri 402k to Cow 212k

4.468mil to 4.501mil (4.850mil with Bateman)

8 trades needed minimum

So that is a rough breakdown of must have trades giving me a 90% complete team with a question mark at CTR (being able to afford Bateman). Or could go someone like Staggs as a stop gap too until Bateman is back or Ihave the cash and gamble on him filling this gap

In regards to Flanagan, I could sell him but he might be a good foil to have if I go a Johnson gamble. It means if Johnson doesn't play then Flanagan does so that might be a nice combo.

Luxury trades would be CNK to RTS, Crichton to Taumalolo (pre rd12) and getting Bateman back in at CTR

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Cook (c)
    Fifita Haas
    Arrow Murray Crichton
    AReynolds Johnson
    Nikora ??
    Tedesco Ponga CNK

Smith Mcinnes Farah Taupau
    Flanagan Lomax Cow Cow

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu May 16, 2019 3:54 am; edited 3 times in total

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2019 2:44 am

What the above tells me is I will probably need some more cash generation if I want to make some luxury trades or target a couple better halves.
    If this happens then I will need to gamble on both Martin/Young to make 150-200k each but this costs me 4 trades (Trading them in and then back out for cows) on top of the above ones I have to make.

By using these 4 trades it probably forces me to keep CNK/Crichton but as long as the above make quick coin then I get Bateman back.

So these trades would look something like

This week Lawrie + Morgan to Martin + young

Plan B is I aim for long term now bringing in players like Dearden/Staggs with the plan to keep them for the year.
    If i target cheaper players like Pearce/Johnson then what I save there it means I still get bye players (rd16), cover and can just see what happens

So these trades would look like this week
    Lawrie + Morgan to Taupau + Dearden/Pearce

then
    Capewell to Burns for rd12 bye
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu May 16, 2019 5:04 am

Boozecluez wrote:What the above tells me is I will probably need some more cash generation if I want to make some luxury trades or target a couple better halves.
    If this happens then I will need to gamble on both Martin/Young to make 150-200k each but this costs me 4 trades (Trading them in and then back out for cows) on top of the above ones I have to make.

By using these 4 trades it probably forces me to keep CNK/Crichton but as long as the above make quick coin then I get Bateman back.

So these trades would look something like

This week Lawrie + Morgan to Martin + young

Plan B is I aim for long term now bringing in players like Dearden/Staggs with the plan to keep them for the year.
    If i target cheaper players like Pearce/Johnson then what I save there it means I still get bye players (rd16), cover and can just see what happens

So these trades would look like this week
    Lawrie + Morgan to Taupau + Dearden/Pearce

then
    Capewell to Burns for rd12 bye

I have a strong feeling that I'm going to need to grab guys like Pearce/SJ as opposed to the guys the top teams will get and just hope for some luck somewhere.

Also feeling like I need to get rid of Brown/Whitbread this week who have stalled for Young/Martin as opposed to getting rid of guys like Gillett/Lawrie this week who are still fit and healthy and scoring well enough. It means I miss out on guns for the next couple of weeks perhaps and yeah my team is a mess.

Basically I feel like there's no way to turn this season around.

Post by Guest Thu May 16, 2019 6:37 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

I have a strong feeling that I'm going to need to grab guys like Pearce/SJ as opposed to the guys the top teams will get and just hope for some luck somewhere.

Also feeling like I need to get rid of Brown/Whitbread this week who have stalled for Young/Martin as opposed to getting rid of guys like Gillett/Lawrie this week who are still fit and healthy and scoring well enough. It means I miss out on guns for the next couple of weeks perhaps and yeah my team is a mess.

Basically I feel like there's no way to turn this season around.

Just have some fun with it, going to gamble myself and go double cow Young/Martin this week and pickup Taupau later for Capewell in 2 weeks. No FRF cover for Fifita but stuff it, he will be sweet.
    Playing Cartwright and Young they will probably score similar to Morgan and Lawrie anyways

Would rather have a go and risk it now than have regrets late in the season.
    You have time to fix the season now so if you need to roll the dice, this is the time to get the most impact.
    Anyways you have nothing to lose now mate, so have some fun and go salvage your season
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu May 16, 2019 6:44 am

For similar reasons I am bringing in Liam Martin over Taupau this week.

Can bring in Taupau for Xerri/Lomax in a week or 2.

The big cash pool and potential money from Martin overrides the extra points from Taupau.

Will probably play Young over Martin though (unless ARey is out, then they both play)
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu May 16, 2019 7:46 am

I just don't know who to trade out to get them both?

These are the four trades I have pencilled in for RD10 and 11:

Brown > Martin
    Gillett > Young
    Lawrie > Taupau
    Morgan > Taumalolo

Cartwright will have to fill in at HLF until I can flick him to SJ after Rd12

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm