NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Rate My Team (The Fumbles)

Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Rate My Team (The Fumbles)  Empty Rate My Team (The Fumbles)

Post by Rapture_NRL on Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:35 pm

Macca
    Vaughan/TPJ LAM
    Arrow (C) Murray Stimson
    Croft Munster
    Capewell Holland
    Watson Katoa CNK (if FB)

CHN Egan Mahoney Morgan

Xerri Keighran Burr/Salmon Brown

120k itb
    mattnz
    mattnz

Rate My Team (The Fumbles)  Empty Re: Rate My Team (The Fumbles)

Post by mattnz on Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Nice. Interesting team with a few interesting selections.

Well balanced and love some of the different selections. I really like a pod that others have sworn off getting back in their team again like Katoa and croft. Could remain a pod the whole season.
    Random
    Random

Post by Random on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:31 pm

Cheers for the reply.

McCullough is probably one of the most selected Hookers so no risk there.

How many minutes are you expecting for Ah Mau? He had 5 games where he played 45+ Minutes and he averaged 50.2 points (I didn't factor the 91 point game he had.) Which is amazing. Honestly if he starts and looks to get 60 minutes he may end up in my team. I may even grab him instead of Bromwich

I love the Vaughan pick if he returns to form of 2017. My issue is that was an amazing year, and last year he averaged 1 minute more and still scored 11 points less. For me there are too many factors to say he returns to that form with the Dragons having Graham, Frizell, and Sims doing a lot of work. That is before factoring in if Jack de Belin. Unless you are really confident in Vaughan, then I would prefer TPJ.

You have a really different pairing in the HLFs compared to most. I am not sold on Croft, he has shown he can score well. Particularly back end of the last year. Yet his first 5 games last year he didn't even get over 30 points. That would scare me particularly with Munster, Hughes and Brandon Smith when he comes on wanting to do their best to show up their positions. He could go on to average over 50, but you have guys like M. Morgan who are 100k cheaper with less question marks.

I also don't see much upside for Munster if he is in the HLF's starting. His scores fluctuate far too erratically. He can post up big scores in the 70+ range, but also just fluctuates too much for my liking. If he goes at scores 70+ points to start the year, that would be amazing, but if he scores less than 40 points for three games then you could end up dropping him, before he returns that value. If you are willing to ride out the bad and the good. Then he could return for his price, but I doubt he will earn much cash.

I am high on Holland starting at CTR.

What is the belief regarding Watson? Isn't he moving to Fullback? Meaning he will touch the ball less with Pearce most likely taking the majority of kicks and Ponga having the exciting backfield plays. I mean I could see him getting a few more tries. But his scores when Pearce were in the team aren't amazing. That and Ponga averaged 5 tackles per game last season, while Watson averaged 17 tackles. That is a loss of at least 12 points per game for him. So unless you expect a massive bump in attacking stats I don't see value. He also scored 7 tries in 15 games, where as Ponga scored 6 tries in 20 games. So his strike rate could even go down more.

You have Morgan in your reserves. With the Eels and Warriors HLF's you really dont need 5. So realistically if there is a player in that $600k mark then you could swap out any of Croft/Munster, or save the cash.

Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:10 am

@Random wrote:Cheers for the reply.

McCullough is probably one of the most selected Hookers so no risk there.

How many minutes are you expecting for Ah Mau? He had 5 games where he played 45+ Minutes and he averaged 50.2 points (I didn't factor the 91 point game he had.) Which is amazing. Honestly if he starts and looks to get 60 minutes he may end up in my team. I may even grab him instead of Bromwich

I love the Vaughan pick if he returns to form of 2017. My issue is that was an amazing year, and last year he averaged 1 minute more and still scored 11 points less. For me there are too many factors to say he returns to that form with the Dragons having Graham, Frizell, and Sims doing a lot of work. That is before factoring in if Jack de Belin. Unless you are really confident in Vaughan, then I would prefer TPJ.

You have a really different pairing in the HLFs compared to most. I am not sold on Croft, he has shown he can score well. Particularly back end of the last year. Yet his first 5 games last year he didn't even get over 30 points. That would scare me particularly with Munster, Hughes and Brandon Smith when he comes on wanting to do their best to show up their positions. He could go on to average over 50, but you have guys like M. Morgan who are 100k cheaper with less question marks.

I also don't see much upside for Munster if he is in the HLF's starting. His scores fluctuate far too erratically. He can post up big scores in the 70+ range, but also just fluctuates too much for my liking. If he goes at scores 70+ points to start the year, that would be amazing, but if he scores less than 40 points for three games then you could end up dropping him, before he returns that value. If you are willing to ride out the bad and the good. Then he could return for his price, but I doubt he will earn much cash.

I am high on Holland starting at CTR.

What is the belief regarding Watson? Isn't he moving to Fullback? Meaning he will touch the ball less with Pearce most likely taking the majority of kicks and Ponga having the exciting backfield plays. I mean I could see him getting a few more tries. But his scores when Pearce were in the team aren't amazing. That and Ponga averaged 5 tackles per game last season, while Watson averaged 17 tackles. That is a loss of at least 12 points per game for him. So unless you expect a massive bump in attacking stats I don't see value. He also scored 7 tries in 15 games, where as Ponga scored 6 tries in 20 games. So his strike rate could even go down more.

You have Morgan in your reserves. With the Eels and Warriors HLF's you really dont need 5. So realistically if there is a player in that $600k mark then you could swap out any of Croft/Munster, or save the cash.

Thanks for the reply.

Definitely agree with most of your thinking.

Vaughan is one of my favourite players which is no reason to pick him. I'm probably going with TPJ but Vaughan is a gut feel. I didn't pick him last year off gut.

LAM is coming to the Warriors who have had an average forward pack since 2012. I'm expecting him to hit 50s regularly with a bigger role and less quality around him.

Halves is my biggest gamble but not without consideration. Munster averaged over 60 without Slater in the team. If he can do that then I've got a bargain. Otherwise I'll have to move him quickly. Croft has shown his potential and I'm hoping burning everyone last season will mean I'm one of the few with him. He is a good player and I'd rather believe his end of season form is reflective of future form and the start was just rubbish.

Watson was rubbish at 6 IMO. Of the few games he's played at FB he's scored well. Plus, reading the article about the Knights, he looks like he's ready to make FB his own. He's beefed up and he's fit. It's a gamble... If not he'll be out for Drinkwater/Hughes. FBs score differently to 6s so not worried about losing tackle points. No FB scores well off tackles except RTS

Morgan is in my team purely because value dictates he should be. I'm only expecting him to be a 40s player whereas Munster and Croft I'm expecting 50s... Tall order I know. Tbf though, my other option I'm considering is Pearce + Morgan. If I get cold feet that's my combo
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:42 am

Xerri is a no brainer when he gets picked, but don't see him making the 17 round 1. Better off getting some money out of someone else than waiting for him to be picked. I'm also hearing Brown will start over Salmon, I've swapped them over, so you can probably kick him to the curb in the interim.

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t784-rate-my-team-ghost-of-laurie-nichols#252732
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:20 am

I read on NRL.com that he's in for round 1 at wing.

I'm okay picking Salmon and Brown if they both start. I heard Salmon is training at centre.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:03 am

@Rapture_NRL wrote:Macca
    Vaughan/TPJ LAM
    Arrow (C) Murray Stimson
    Croft Munster
    Capewell Holland
    Watson Katoa CNK (if FB)

CHN Egan Mahoney Morgan

Xerri Keighran Burr/Salmon Brown

120k itb

Love Like
    Love Love Like
    Like Love
    Like Like
    Love Like Like

Like Like Like OK
    Dunno Like Like OK

23pts
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL on Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:53 pm

@GreenMachine wrote:

Love Like
    Love Love Like
    Like Love
    Like Like
    Love Like Like

Like Like Like OK
    Dunno Like Like OK

23pts

Love Love this rating system, cheers!
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL on Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:31 pm

420,766th Update

Macca (C)
    Ofa [b/]Tolman[/b]
    Arrow Murray Matterson
    Croft/Niko Morgan
    Holland Nikora
    RTS CNK Kahu

Mahoney Whitehead Stimson Antivax
    4x 212k

$125k ITB

Comments

*90% locked in
    HOK Macca scored 49 in 60min
    FRF undervalued but looking to score 90+ between them
    2RF all value, might not keep Matterson (awkward price)
    HLF Croft is underpriced if he is in form but Niko looked great, happy with 80-90 each week until I can upgrade
    CTR Holland is a gun, Niko can be swapped with Xerri or Lomax if necessary
    WFB Tuivasa-Scheck probably slightly undervalued (might swap him to Wighton or Edwards), CNK mid-cow, Kahu looks good at the back and he's cheap

BENCH Mahoney obvious, Whitehead should average 7+ above price, Stimson if starting, Carty (difficult moral pick-provax) but 40 tackles is hard to ignore at that price
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta on Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:54 am

Very well balanced team.

Agree on Matterson. I'd prefer Cleary and Gillet over Croft and Matterson.

I like LAM over your guys in that FRF range but solid picks if thats the order you see them in (I'd personally go Surgess, LAM for an extra 100k).

Otherwise with spare money I'd go Capewell over Cartwright. Better dual and Nikora can come to your bench.

I really like the setup and structure. In fact I think I like this team better than my own.......
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL on Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:47 am

@Cap'n Ranta wrote:Very well balanced team.

Agree on Matterson. I'd prefer Cleary and Gillet over Croft and Matterson.

I like LAMover your guys in that FRF range but solid picks if thats the order you see them in (I'd personally go Surgess, LAM for an extra 100k).

Otherwise with spare money I'd go Capewell over Cartwright. Better dual and Nikora can come to your bench.

I really like the setup and structure. In fact I think I like this team better than my own.......

Thanks for the feedback cap'n

Yeah I think I will downgrade Matterson to bring Cleary in. It's just so difficult because he's a tackle bot with attacking stats!

LAM is definitely one that I swap Ofa out with regularly. I'm just uncertain about his minutes at the Warriors.

Yup, Carty did not last long lol I've brought Garner in instead though.

And cheers mate. Going for a balanced value approach. Let's see how it goes Laughing
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:40 am

Okay locked in team and expected scores:

Friend C 110
    Ofa 50 (expect 60min)
    Tolman 45
    Arrow 55
    Murray 48
    Lane 50
    Munster 45
    Morgan 45
    Holland 40
    Nikora 40
    Edwards 40
    Burns 30
    Ravalawa 30
    Macca 55
    Capewell 40
    Radley 48
    Garner 35

Total: 801
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:50 am

First team all pre-season, i waited and waited for team lists

Macca
    Fifita Tolman
    Murray Fitzgibbon Arrow
    DCE Morgan
    Bateman Bird
    Edwards Sivo Ravalawa

Mahoney Host Garner Nikora

Brown Keighran Burr Garrick

I went very light in the fullbacks because i dont trust anyone outside the top 5 (and this early i dont want to pay up for the position)
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:31 pm

@Rapture_NRL wrote:Okay locked in team and expected scores:

Friend C 110. 50 I’d be trying a different C
    Ofa 50 (expect 60min) if he gets 60 minutes. I’m not confident of that though so 40
    Tolman 45 yep
    Arrow 55 yep
    Murray 48 he won’t go below 50 imo
    Lane 50 45 maybe more realistic 
    Munster 45 40-45
    Morgan 45 yep
    Holland 40 yep
    Nikora 40 total unknown. I’d bank on 35 though
    Edwards 40 yep
    Burns 30 possibly even a bit more
    Ravalawa 30 yeah maybe
    Macca 55 50-55 I think
    Capewell 40 yep
    Radley 48 45
    Garner 35 35-40

Total: 801    Total 780ish 
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:41 pm

@Krump wrote:

@Krump Cheers for the reply. Pretty happy if that team goes 780ish with potential upside in some of them

Ofa: There's only one prop on the bench and TPJ is the other but likely playing Lock. If Gillett takes 20 min and so does Flegler, perhaps another 20 from Su'A/Fifita, that's 180/Ofa+Lodge+TPJ??
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump on Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:46 pm

@Rapture_NRL wrote:

@Krump Cheers for the reply. Pretty happy if that team goes 780ish with potential upside in some of them

Ofa: There's only one prop on the bench and TPJ is the other but likely playing Lock. If Gillett takes 20 min and so does Flegler, perhaps another 20 from Su'A/Fifita, that's 180/Ofa+Lodge+TPJ??
    I just can’t work out the broncos minutes at all so I’m steering clear. There’ll likely be two keepers in that pack by seasons end but I’ve got no idea which ones it’ll be.

Current date/time is Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:42 am