NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 16413
    Reputation : 4062
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Welshy on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:36 pm

    @Mulvy wrote:

    Well if you have Murray that implies you think Surgess will play prop. Could be right too for at least the first three weeks with the suspension (Gurgess from memory?). But if that's the case, who plays right edge?

    Or Murray Edge, where I think he would still go around 50 playing 80 because he is far busier than Surgess


    Sipi1994
    Sipi1994

    Posts : 90
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2018-09-01

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Sipi1994 on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:37 pm

    @Welshy wrote:

    Like i said earlier mate still need them to start season well, CS9 averaged 52 over first 5 rounds as main captain choice

    Fifita 54
    JTurbo 55
    Taupau 48
    Cook 61

    Plus Cook didn't become a viable captain choice until R3/4 after his blistering start

    Yeah no doubt everyone won’t start firing, just trust Cooky and Smith the most, that’s why their more expensive I guess.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 7057
    Reputation : 2238
    Join date : 2016-01-26

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Mulvy on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:41 pm

    @Sipi1994 wrote:

    Yeah no doubt everyone won’t start firing, just trust Cooky and Smith the most, that’s why their more expensive I guess.

    I honestly think you can't go wrong with starting Smith or Cook. Many, many will. They'll be elite guns you can keep all year most likely. But it's definitely worth considering the alternative and looking for as much value as you can.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 7057
    Reputation : 2238
    Join date : 2016-01-26

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Mulvy on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:44 pm

    @Welshy wrote:

    Or Murray Edge, where I think he would still go around 50 playing 80 because he is far busier than Surgess



    What's Surgess priced at again? And do you have to talk me into him again? Was missing games in that important early part of season when I was dealing with Nathan Brown and a million other injuries, and was pretty ordinary when he was there.
    Mighty Fishes
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 7194
    Reputation : 2564
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 30
    Location : ><((((*>

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:56 pm

    I wonder if we’ll see Kyle Turner again
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 16413
    Reputation : 4062
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Welshy on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:58 pm

    @Sipi1994 wrote:

    Yeah no doubt everyone won’t start firing, just trust Cooky and Smith the most, that’s why their more expensive I guess.

    Defo mate, Cook and or Smith will come in at some point if they are still scoring close to previous just think Macca will improve enough scoring wise to give a good captaincy choice and provide some cash making in the process whilst also allowing a big bulk of cash o be used elsewhere on upgrades
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 16413
    Reputation : 4062
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Welshy on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:58 pm

    @Mulvy wrote:

    What's Surgess priced at again? And do you have to talk me into him again? Was missing games in that important early part of season when I was dealing with Nathan Brown and a million other injuries, and was pretty ordinary when he was there.

    Priced at 45, dual FR/2RF @ $671,000
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 16413
    Reputation : 4062
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Welshy on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:59 pm

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:I wonder if we’ll see Kyle Turner again

    Was a good buy a few years back whilst playing 80
    Sipi1994
    Sipi1994

    Posts : 90
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2018-09-01

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Sipi1994 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:00 am

    @Welshy wrote:

    Defo mate, Cook and or Smith will come in at some point if they are still scoring close to previous just think Macca will improve enough scoring wise to give a good captaincy choice and provide some cash making in the process whilst also allowing a big bulk of cash o be used elsewhere on upgrades

    I’d probably be too scared to captain macca first up, but think he usually scores well against Storm. Just can’t see myself captaining him if I get smith or cook.
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 16413
    Reputation : 4062
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Welshy on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:04 am

    @Sipi1994 wrote:

    I’d probably be too scared to captain macca first up, but think he usually scores well against Storm. Just can’t see myself captaining him if I get smith or cook.

    If you are getting Cook/Smith its because they are best captain choice and highest scorers (based on last year) Woudln't be captaining anyone else If I started with them

    Only reason others state other captain choices is only because they won't be starting the year with them
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 7057
    Reputation : 2238
    Join date : 2016-01-26

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Mulvy on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:05 am

    @Welshy wrote:

    Priced at 45, dual FR/2RF @ $671,000

    Are you not concerned that previous three years are 55, 51,45? Which is kind of like:

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgbUtz1iJ_qIIcqI5NA3PC8J1tsouZOr2-Zk3Fdq4EqhYxm1iS
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 16413
    Reputation : 4062
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Welshy on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:08 am

    @Mulvy wrote:

    Are you not concerned that previous three years are 55, 51,45? Which is kind of like:

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgbUtz1iJ_qIIcqI5NA3PC8J1tsouZOr2-Zk3Fdq4EqhYxm1iS

    Nope, 6 points below previous worse with all others 51+ I'd say last year was the outliner
    Sipi1994
    Sipi1994

    Posts : 90
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2018-09-01

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Sipi1994 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:13 am

    @Welshy wrote:

    If you are getting Cook/Smith its because they are best captain choice and highest scorers (based on last year) Woudln't be captaining anyone else If I started with them

    Only reason others state other captain choices is only because they won't be starting the year with them

    Yeah of course, that’s why I’m getting them. Don’t feel safe captaining anyone else.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 7057
    Reputation : 2238
    Join date : 2016-01-26

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Mulvy on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:15 am

    @Welshy wrote:

    Nope, 6 points below previous worse with all others 51+ I'd say last year was the outliner

    Where did it go wrong then? I've just taken a few minutes for a look. Over Three years minutes were much the same. Base stats fairly similar.Tackle busts were down and tries go 5,5,1. Unlucky year do you think?

    Edit: Or maybe more just a change of role, more responsibility, new (England) coach loves him sort of thing? Or more a fallen gun Welshy sort of thing? To be clear, you know I love the chat, not having a go.


    Last edited by Mulvy on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 16413
    Reputation : 4062
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Welshy on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:20 am

    @Mulvy wrote:

    Where did it go wrong then? I've just taken a few minutes for a look. Over Three years minutes were much the same. Base stats fairly similar.Tackle busts were down and tries go 5,5,1. Unlucky year do you think?

    That's why I think bounce back, nothing jumps out as the reason to why he was so far below previous
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 7057
    Reputation : 2238
    Join date : 2016-01-26

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Mulvy on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:21 am

    @Welshy wrote:

    That's why I think bounce back, nothing jumps out as the reason to why he was so far below previous

    Fair enough, edited my previous post btw
    Random
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 6763
    Reputation : 1312
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 27

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by Random on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:41 am

    @Mulvy wrote:Okay so continuing on from before, if you don't take Cook or Smith as your captain, who is your captain? Someone you want starting in your 2019 team who you can captain?


    J. Arrow was the first picked in my team.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 2502
    Reputation : 783
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Age : 38
    Location : Isle of Man

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by GreenMachine on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:51 am

    Cam Smith reinstated
    Armband on
    Feels good


    Got me thinking, who in current drafting are you struggling most to not see in your lineup. The moves and shakes it took me to get Smith probably make it Matterson, Munster and Mahoney for me. Triple M

    Also had to go cheaper on the bench to afford smith so now without some of my fave cheap bench fodder - Egan and Bird. The extra 50k from each (to rookies) just goes a long way
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 2502
    Reputation : 783
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Age : 38
    Location : Isle of Man

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by GreenMachine on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:53 am

    Ah also would have liked Bateman or Holland as second centre but the cashflow of going a Lomax is just too juicy
    surmo13
    surmo13

    Posts : 3149
    Reputation : 759
    Join date : 2015-10-22

     2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

    Post by surmo13 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:53 am

    Cook worries me far too much to bring in as the most expensive player in the game, i have 2 big question marks on him that mean i won't be touching him at least until some balls get kicked in anger:

    a) Wayne's teams are always very structured, especially his spines, Cook had great base stats but was elevated above everyone else due to the insane amount of TB's he'd get with off-the-cuff play, will the gameplanning under Wayne this year afford him the same freedom?

    b) if he is afforded that freedom, a lot of teams were successful in limiting his effectiveness in the back-end of the season, barely heard him mentioned trough the finals series or his forgettable games for Australia, was that more to do with Cook winding down after a big season or is there a blueprint on how to stop him now?

      Current date/time is Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:37 pm