NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NRL Supercoach fantasy thread part 1

2019 NRL Supercoach fantasy thread part 1 - Page 10 Empty Re: 2019 NRL Supercoach fantasy thread part 1

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:08 pm

JFH  Smile
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

2019 NRL Supercoach fantasy thread part 1 - Page 10 Empty Re: 2019 NRL Supercoach fantasy thread part 1

Post by WT Winfield Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:10 pm

Yeah I could hump your leg for swaying me on that one haha, good thing for you it was my friend that got him and not me Laughing
    Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:11 pm

WT2K wrote:JFH  Smile
    I might need to trade Arrow and get him, eh?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:34 pm

As feared, JFH off after 63 mins. At least if that trend continues, and his scores dip a little, this week's outing will keep his average up there.

EDIT: Might've spoken too soon. Back on after a 7 min breather Very Happy
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:41 pm

A few years of fantasy and I still can't learn my lesson when it comes to trading non-injured players or under performing gun CTRs Laughing

Dropped Garrick after Rd 1, scores Rd 2 and last night to keep the cash going.
    Dropped Ramien after Rd 2, scores Rd 3, though probably still better off without him.
    Dropped Latrell after Rd 4, scores some bullshit right on halftime last night and goes on to jag 95 Mad

Other trades were all injuries; NBrown, Taumalolo, Burns and Napa, so at least they haven't been able to bite me in the ass.

Makes me nervous about upgrading Mahoney to Cook either next week or the following and finally dumping Radley whenever I can, won't be next week though with CHT, Cook and Ponga my trade targets.

The latter two hitting their BE's was some massive BS Mad

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:00 pm

Finally climbing the ladder after a slow start. 1266 for the round.  5.6k jump in rank. 3.7k rank now.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:05 pm

Cracker of a score man.

I was hopeful of 1200, but fell short with 1174. Injuries to Capt. Fifita and Vaughan cut me short.

Have enough cash to get Cook and Ponga this week, but with CHT being a must-have, I've settled on (C)ook this week and Ponga next.

Have a feeling both will carve up, Cook vs. Dogs and Ponga vs. Titans, so was probably captaining whichever I decided on.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:21 pm

BEs

2019 NRL Supercoach fantasy thread part 1 - Page 10 MktvNfI
    t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:35 pm

Cheers for the BEs

So my team value is higher than every one of the top 113 teams at $11,578,200. Pretty happy with that, would've been even better if i traded Bird instead of Capewell. Im ranked just inside the top 5000 and am getting Ponga for Keighran this round. Content with how im going but need a massive score or 2 to remain in touch with the best teams in the comp.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:54 pm

Damn, that Ponga 16 BE and Cook 49 is throwing a spanner in the works.

Cash isn't really an issue, but potentially throwing it away by getting Cook first could screw me later.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:28 pm

I feel like my team is nearly complete and it's only round 6. And I've got trades for days.

SC is broken i swear.

Fantasy really need to update their UI for both nrl and AFL. SC is so beautiful to look at and use.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:44 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Damn, that Ponga 16 BE and Cook 49 is throwing a spanner in the works.

Cash isn't really an issue, but potentially throwing it away by getting Cook first could screw me later.
    Wish I could bring in ponga but no funds this week. Although not essential, I'll be bringing in Xerri as a cashout this week as well As cht. Running cook and CS9 as my 9s for the last few weeks.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:01 am

My first dip into SC for certain reasons are justified after 5 weeks, why do people like this version ?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:33 pm

Revraiser wrote:My first dip into SC for certain reasons are justified after 5 weeks, why do people like this version ?

I personally like way playmakers are rewarded. I feel like a contribution to a try is sometimes more important than the act of putting the ball down itself. SC seems to reward those who make contributions in a passage of play, which in my view makes it easier to predict what players will be worth owning.

I think it just makes it more enjoyable because I can get behind players who really get involved in action and creativity. Rather then Fantasy where i seem to be rooting for people to just make tackles, run meters or kick meters.

It's a different experience.
    deathbywarriors
    deathbywarriors

Post by deathbywarriors Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:28 pm

lukeaye wrote:

I personally like way playmakers are rewarded. I feel like a contribution to a try is sometimes more important than the act of putting the ball down itself. SC seems to reward those who make contributions in a passage of play, which in my view makes it easier to predict what players will be worth owning.

I think it just makes it more enjoyable because I can get behind players who really get involved in action and creativity. Rather then Fantasy where i seem to be rooting for people to just make tackles, run meters or kick meters.

It's a different experience.

I like the scoring system as I think it makes it a bit less predictable week to week, but I would prefer it if price changes happened after 1 game instead of 3 games as it means everyone just jumps on the same players and ends up with the same team.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:59 pm

People give SC crap for their random scoring system, but they do a better job of equalising scoring between backs and forwards.

I do think the 3 weeks before price changes is an inferior way of doing things. Instant price changes like in fantasy is the better system.

Ranked subs is much better than lowest score as AE (although the rolling lockout/loophole is unnecessary)

And I will complain about this several times a system, but I hate it how the live score page won't let me make changes to my team. And the page where I can update my team won't show me the current score (for some inane reason I get to see last week;s score when working with the lineup whilst the next week is in progress)

Fantasy having drag and drop changes was a massive win for them to (until they decided to get rid of it because A+ )
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:03 pm

I don't know if I like this version or not yet. I do like that backs are also rewarded and actually seem to be viable captaincy options.

I'm just sick of FailHub's incompetence and the whole cheating players into your 17 after the fact.

Every year there's some useless bullshit like not locking games on time and people trading in players like Ryan James after they score 100, not adding players into the system when named on Tuesday, then inconsistently raising or not raising their price after they play, players dropping below the minimum price, players losing points for missed goals for weeks before FailHub wakes the fuck up, changes not saving properly, especially on the trash app...

I'm sure there's more, but there's only so long I can put up with incompetence if I'm going to invest my time in something and then they have the nerve to hide stats unless you pay a subscription.

Luckily there's people like Milch and MTB providing stats for free or it would be even tougher to compete.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:21 pm

WT Winfield wrote:I don't know if I like this version or not yet. I do like that backs are also rewarded and actually seem to be viable captaincy options.

I'm just sick of FailHub's incompetence and the whole cheating players into your 17 after the fact.

Every year there's some useless bullshit like not locking games on time and people trading in players like Ryan James after they score 100, not adding players into the system when named on Tuesday, then inconsistently raising or not raising their price after they play, players dropping below the minimum price, players losing points for missed goals for weeks before FailHub wakes the fuck up, changes not saving properly, especially on the trash app...

I'm sure there's more, but there's only so long I can put up with incompetence if I'm going to invest my time in something and then they have the nerve to hide stats unless you pay a subscription.

Luckily there's people like Milch and MTB providing stats for free or it would be even tougher to compete.

I haven't really used it much the last few years. This is my first real year with it, so yet to experience the things you talk about.

Good stats database here - https://www.nrlsupercoachstats.com/

I've had a terrible run with fantsay this year, just picked the wrong starting team. My SC team is near perfect so i'll find plenty more reason to like SC this year Razz

Hannah2
    Hannah2

Post by Hannah2 Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:55 pm

I have no ideas for trades this week, except maybe I trade myself in! I choose the wrong reserves and captains. My team seems OK, I'm simply hopeless, lol. Thanks for the BEs!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:58 pm

Hannah2 wrote:I have no ideas for trades this week, except maybe I trade myself in! I choose the wrong reserves and captains. My team seems OK, I'm simply hopeless, lol. Thanks for the BEs!
    Post your team up. Maybe a fresh set of eyes can spot something

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:03 pm