NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRLFF community managed fantasy team

RandomSil
    RandomSil

NRLFF community managed fantasy team - Page 11 Empty Re: NRLFF community managed fantasy team

Post by RandomSil Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:28 pm

I dunno I should hit them up about it. Also how the f.. Do we have a team that good. I want tedesco in my squad and a bench with TPJ, Mahoney and Capewell. F me...
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

NRLFF community managed fantasy team - Page 11 Empty Re: NRLFF community managed fantasy team

Post by Cookie Monster Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:39 pm

Sorry to lower the tone around here, but when it gets towards the end of the season are we going to use McLoopy with this team or are we going to play it fair?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:41 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:
    Sorry to lower the tone around here, but when it gets towards the end of the season are we going to use McLoopy with this team or are we going to play it fair?

The difficulty is timing requirements and who decides, would need to be a decision of 1 person on doing it.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:47 pm

Milchy and Cap are both very good with the loop, so no problem there.

We just all have to decide if we want to do it or not
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:48 pm

No problems with doing it from my perspective, I'm a looper.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:56 pm

Ranta is the team 'owner' s he'd have to be willing to dedicate the time to do it.

I'm not opposed to looping, but happy not to do it. The initial team will not be set out to loop, so its a question we can deal with later in the season when the opportunity arises
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:31 am

code delta wrote:When does this team have to be submitted to that scout fella?? After TLT??
    Stimson is a worry.

Assume we are the same as every other team in the comp making changes as needed right up until lockout.

Regarding changes I've discussed with Milchy and we will open up voting again for 24hrs post TLT. This should give plenty of time to get clarity on guys like Stimson and others.

Also we have ruled if a player isn't in the starting 13 on TLT any votes that player receives won't count in forming the team (i.e. TPJ, Stimson, Hopoate, Hass, Xerri etc.). So with all that we should be good on fringe players.

Past that with late changes etc. (think Kikau of last year or TPJ with his hammy this year) I'll make the call with input from a smaller team. Will likely think through what our contingencies are earlier in the week.

Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:57 am

Milchy wrote:
    Ranta is the team 'owner' s he'd have to be willing to dedicate the time to do it.

I'm not opposed to looping, but happy not to do it. The initial team will not be set out to loop, so its a question we can deal with later in the season when the opportunity arises

I know this can be quite the divisive topic here with separate threads and everything so in the interest of full disclosure.

1) Personally I am a looper. So if it was my team I'd do it.

2) However this is a forum team it should align with what the forum does. As such I will make a thread to vote on this and will abide by the will of the forum. (https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t854-nrlff-community-team-vote-for-our-stance-on-the-dreaded-loophole)

3) Like Milchy said our week one team will only have players named in 1-13 so it will not have any looping opportunities immediately.

4) Personally I hope this team doesn't loop. Every week we will already be voting on captains and trades. To add looping to this as well (after trades and captain is decided) is a lot to get through in the space of 2 days. Because of this, if we did decide to loop I would do it myself to avoid bringing too much voting into it. Also I feel looping is better in H2H where you are trying to beat 1 person. In overall over the course of a season when you are trying to beat everyone I feel looping doesn't really achieve a lot (would be <100 points over the course of a season).
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:04 am

I don’t loop because I’m off timezone and it’s a struggle but we should absolutely loop to win a H2H if it’s there to be done and fully on board on that not being a vote or democracy. Cap’n Looper to do or not do at any given point as he wishes Cheers
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:49 pm

team looks great, good work to all involved.
    Lomax at WFB3 is a little bleh though,

Cashing in Bird and upgrading Lomax is still 5k short of a CNK though, and nobody below him is any better of a pick, so really not much to be done about that.

Keep up the good work fellas!
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:59 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:team looks great, good work to all involved.
    Lomax at WFB3 is a little bleh though,

Cashing in Bird and upgrading Lomax is still 5k short of a CNK though, and nobody below him is any better of a pick, so really not much to be done about that.

Keep up the good work fellas!

Since the initial team was formed, a lot has changed, not seeing Bird in any teams now. Gone the way of the Haas.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:05 pm

TLT could well see TPJ, Burr and Hopoate kicked off the team

Possibly Stimson and Allen as well

So we'll have to see if those guys get named or not. And if not named, then who replaces them,
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:10 pm

Milchy wrote:

TLT could well see TPJ, Burr and Hopoate kicked off the team

Possibly Stimson and Allen as well

So we'll have to see if those guys get named or not. And if not named, then who replaces them,

My suggestion would be to start again at TLT, rather than try to piece things together around them when so much has changed.

If a fast way to do this is required the poll system generated a very similar result and can be completed easily within 48 hours. 24 hours for initial poll and if required a further 24 hours max to determine preferred player combinations for the final 2 or 3 options available.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:34 pm

Current plan is to open votes again after TLT

People who have already voted can vote again, and we'll change their votes
    People who have not yet voted can add in their votes as new ones

If people who voted previously don't send in updated votes, we'll just keep their old votes
    But any player not named will have their votes changed to 0.

I have an excel macro that does the actual team selection.
    All I do is paste the votes into excel, press a button and then see what results.
    There is no significant work from my end. The only 'fiddling' I'll have to do will be to make sure I have zeroed out votes for people like Haas that we don't want in the team.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:41 pm

Can we start fresh Milchy? I think it was a good example that your process and the poll process spot out very similar teams. I know many people will be adjusting their teams but I think we can get at least 20 votes from people in the 24hr period. Starting fresh will avoid any issues with players who meet the requirements but aren't as good as an option. E.g. Mahoney is starting but they have a Hooker named at 14.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:43 pm

Krump wrote:If I wasn’t so slack I’d be tempted have a WAG copy of this team and try to beat you lot. I have a feeling that with lots of input the trading may end up being too risk averse for a really high finish.

I have my WAG login from Milchy's preset team last year and was thinking the same
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:52 pm

We have to do an auto select team this year. I would love to do it with this team. Its competitive but still is good.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:16 pm

This team is now added as a 'Celebrity' team to add to your leagues, along with Lone Scout, Chris Kennedy, renegades and a few other randoms
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:41 pm

It'd be great to beat the rest of them.
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:18 am

I think with the knowledge and experience here, we should easily run top 500 with the community team, if not top 100. I reckon we'll destroy the rest of the 'celeb' teams.....

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:35 pm