NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    The Letter

    Poll

    Is the best letter ever?

    [ 1 ]
    The Letter - Page 2 Bar_left8%The Letter - Page 2 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 0 ]
    The Letter - Page 2 Bar_left0%The Letter - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The Letter - Page 2 Bar_left8%The Letter - Page 2 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 1 ]
    The Letter - Page 2 Bar_left8%The Letter - Page 2 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 10 ]
    The Letter - Page 2 Bar_left76%The Letter - Page 2 Bar_right [76%] 

    Total Votes: 13
    surmo13
    surmo13

    Posts : 3601
    Reputation : 983
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by surmo13 on Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:53 pm

    @Pieman wrote:

    Its more a reflection on how bad their halves are - a good half wouldn't want or need someone on the field telling them where to go and what to do.
    What a crazy post tho surmbro... souths have been way more successful and relevant recently compared to brisbane....

    Krump
    Krump

    Posts : 5989
    Reputation : 2274
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by Krump on Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:14 pm

    @surmo13 wrote:

    What a witty retort to someone proving you wrong with facts
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 7244
    Reputation : 3536
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by No Worries on Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:28 pm

    @code delta wrote:

    Next option is "send the letter again Ron."


    This may have been tongue in cheek, but if they were still around the irony and the spotlight it would put on the NRL.
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 7244
    Reputation : 3536
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by No Worries on Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:31 pm

    @Krump wrote:
    What a witty retort to someone proving you wrong with facts

    Let's not pretend that's why Tiger's have Ronnie, he's just too old to stay on for more than 2 tackles and we haven't had a decent halfback to run the bottle since Gary Freeman
    surmo13
    surmo13

    Posts : 3601
    Reputation : 983
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by surmo13 on Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:19 pm

    @Krump wrote:
    What a witty retort to someone proving you wrong with facts

    Laughing surely you jest? Pieman's never argued with a fact in his entire life, but just because i'm done treating him like a grown-up, doesn't means i can't pull out some facts when necessary, so let's go:

    since Alfie became an assistant coach in 2009, the only season the Broncos have played with a full strength halves pairing that had no representive experience was 2014, at the end of which our halfback was selected and played for Australia, but sure, let's pretend that our halves have always been so catastrophically bad under his watch compared to the other 15 clubs that we're the only one that has ever required a leg-up... And this is ignoring the fact that the next time a club refuses to employ an entirely legal practice that is supposedly a massive on-field advantage because 'they don't need it' will be when rugby league ceases to exist.

    and then we come to piemans next 'fact' which is just a strawman so obvious a farmer would buy it, I didn't mention the Broncos at all in that statement, so they have nothing to do with the fact that outside of a small blip of the radar in 2014, the Rabbitohs haven't so much as raised anyone's eyebrows outside of Redfern in 50 years...

    But if we want to bring the Broncos relevance into it, consider that even in our least successful period, we've learned this year that the top job in Brisbane is still more sought-after and desirable than leading the so-called 'pride of the league'.

    ........ seriously though? thinking Pieman has ever written a word that remotely looked like a fact.... did you join this forum yesterday? Good lord.
    Pieman
    Pieman

    Posts : 3506
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by Pieman on Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:58 am

    Should I start paying you rent for all the space I am taking up in your head Surmbro? Took 1 little comment for you to fall apart Basketball
    Pieman
    Pieman

    Posts : 3506
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by Pieman on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:04 am

    @surmo13 wrote:

    Laughing surely you jest? Pieman's never argued with a fact in his entire life, but just because i'm done treating him like a grown-up, doesn't means i can't pull out some facts when necessary, so let's go:

    since Alfie became an assistant coach in 2009, the only season the Broncos have played with a full strength halves pairing that had no representive experience was 2014, at the end of which our halfback was selected and played for Australia, but sure, let's pretend that our halves have always been so catastrophically bad under his watch compared to the other 15 clubs that we're the only one that has ever required a leg-up... And this is ignoring the fact that the next time a club refuses to employ an entirely legal practice that is supposedly a massive on-field advantage because 'they don't need it' will be when rugby league ceases to exist.

    and then we come to piemans next 'fact' which is just a strawman so obvious a farmer would buy it, I didn't mention the Broncos at all in that statement, so they have nothing to do with the fact that outside of a small blip of the radar in 2014, the Rabbitohs haven't so much as raised anyone's eyebrows outside of Redfern in 50 years...

    But if we want to bring the Broncos relevance into it, consider that even in our least successful period, we've learned this year that the top job in Brisbane is still more sought-after and desirable than leading the so-called 'pride of the league'.

    ........ seriously though? thinking Pieman has ever written a word that remotely looked like a fact.... did you join this forum yesterday? Good lord.

    Ben Hunt was selected for Australia as a bench hooker. is that a fact? lol. Not as the starting halfback. He has shown time and time again that his best position is hooker.
    Any team that has won a comp in the last 12 years or so has been more successful than Brisbane Smile I mean, the whole point of the competition is to win it... isnt it?
    And what... brisbane chased him, he didnt chase the bronco's job lol

    Too good lol
    Krump
    Krump

    Posts : 5989
    Reputation : 2274
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by Krump on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:05 am

    Bronco's thread 2.0
    surmo13
    surmo13

    Posts : 3601
    Reputation : 983
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by surmo13 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:47 am

    @Krump wrote:Bronco's thread 2.0

    i just wanted to posted a gif and move on, but you were the one that wanted facts, sleep in the bed you made and all that Neutral


    Last edited by surmo13 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 7244
    Reputation : 3536
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by No Worries on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:49 am

    @Pieman wrote:

    Ben Hunt was selected for Australia as a bench hooker. is that a fact? lol. Not as the starting halfback. He has shown time and time again that his best position is hooker.
    Any team that has won a comp in the last 12 years or so has been more successful than Brisbane Smile I mean, the whole point of the competition is to win it... isnt it?
    And what... brisbane chased him, he didnt chase the bronco's job lol

    Too good lol

    On Krump's assertion that this is Bronco's 2.0 thread, I thought it just that this also appears here.


    If on field benchmarks are grand finals, Melbourne, Roosters, Manly & Canterbury have appeared in more this century. Warriors, Parramatta & Nth QLD have appeared in as many and Tigers, Newcastle, Cronulla, Souths, Dragons & Penrith have won as many. 13 out of 15 sides have had comparable or better grand final success, 9 of which do not have the advantage of bring single team cities.
    surmo13
    surmo13

    Posts : 3601
    Reputation : 983
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by surmo13 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:08 am

    @No Worries wrote:

    On Krump's assertion that this is Bronco's 2.0 thread, I thought it just that this also appears here.


    If on field benchmarks are grand finals, Melbourne, Roosters, Manly & Canterbury have appeared in more this century. Warriors, Parramatta & Nth QLD have appeared in as many and Tigers, Newcastle, Cronulla, Souths, Dragons & Penrith have won as many. 13 out of 15 sides have had comparable or better grand final success, 9 of which do not have the advantage of bring single team  cities.

    cool, no-ones debating success (well, one is trying to, because its the only way he might finally win one), no matter what has happened re: results, we remain the most relevant club in the NRL, no other generates the amount of crowds, headlines & interest that we do, even having not added a trophy to the cabinet in a long time, i mean the proof is right here, outside of fantasy talk, the Broncos have generated far and away the most conversation here since the forum started
    avatar
    Dip

    Posts : 1592
    Reputation : 283
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by Dip on Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:20 am

    For the sake of extending an argument simply because it's off season and I'm somewhat bored, how long is "recent history"? I mean, if it was just the last 4 seasons, Brisbane have reached: Grand Final, Finals Wk 2, Preliminary Final, Finals Wk 1. In the same time Souths have reached: Finals Wk 1, 12th Position, 12th Position, Preliminary Final.

    It is an extremely long bow to say South Sydney has had better recent success than the Broncos even taking into account their premiership in 2014. 2012-2014 is probably the only period since the Broncos came in the comp that Souths have finished above them on the ladder for more than one season in a row. Souths would have what, half a dozen players from that team still in the 2019 starting team?

    And what is success? Is a premiership success? Preliminary final as success? Finals a success? If the sole measure of success is premierships,15 teams have an unsuccessful season every year. I can't buy that Souths didn't have a successful season last year, or Parra in 2017. If Newcastle, the Titans Manly or the Titans lose the GF, I can't buy they've had an unsuccessful season.
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 8527
    Reputation : 3431
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by filthridden on Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 am

    I want to remind everyone that homophobic slurs will not be tolerated in this forum.
    Pieman
    Pieman

    Posts : 3506
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by Pieman on Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:50 am

    Well sure, there are different types of success. It can be measured in a vast variety of ways, sure.

    The ultimate goal for any team is to win the comp - so success can be measured from that very fact - winning the comp or not. Brisbane being a powerhouse one city team that was being coached by the greatest coach of all time - they would set out to win the comp every season. Sure they might come in the top 4 or 2 or make a GF, etc, but they are the kind of club that aim to win a comp every year.

    A side like e.g. the titans or Newcastle would measure success very differently - because of their struggles and lack of talent in the recent past.

    As far as the ultimate success - Souths have achieved that fairly recently. Brisbane have not. It is as simple as that.

    And the reason the bronco thread gets the most chat, is because there are a couple of really great posters in there who know what they are talking about and are great to debate with, and because there are a couple who apparently lean over a bucket of maroon and gold paint and inhale deeply all day - who consistently need their opinions corrected.
    surmo13
    surmo13

    Posts : 3601
    Reputation : 983
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by surmo13 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:50 pm

    The Letter - Page 2 Latest?cb=20141221020229
    avatar
    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1567
    Reputation : 416
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:49 pm

    @Pieman wrote:
    And the reason the bronco thread gets the most chat, is because there are a couple of really great posters in there who know what they are talking about and are great to debate with

    Happy new year everyone and thanks for the shout out Pieman
    filthridden
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 8527
    Reputation : 3431
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by filthridden on Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:01 pm

    @Rabbit wrote:

    23 years, pie head. State champs and Amco Shield with Fairfield Pats. SG Ball, Matts, Flegg, U23’s. 6 premierships - Bulldogs, Collegians, Warragamba, Mounties, Crows Nest. All A grade.
    Played with and against Brett Kenny, John Muggleton, Steve Ella, Kerry Hemsley, Eric Grothe, Gale Brothers, Snodgrass Brothers, Tommy, Muzza, Taylor. No money in footy in my day, although I paid for a round the world trip on a hundred a win, 50 a loss. I captain coached and coached for 10 years as well. I was a great 5/8 and amateur boxer. I did both for love. I know a lot about them too.

    You ?

    U14’s.

    Now go back in your hole. Peanut. Coffee

    muzza from sportal? Laughing
    ryno_
    ryno_

    Posts : 2225
    Reputation : 484
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 30

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by ryno_ on Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:03 pm

    @filthridden wrote:

    muzza from sportal? Laughing

    I dont think muzza's mum would let him out from the basement to play contact sport.
    Wilko
    Wilko

    Posts : 21
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2016-02-15

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by Wilko on Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:24 pm

    Rabbit any chance of posting your Fantasy team before Round 1 lockout or nah?
    Pieman
    Pieman

    Posts : 3506
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    The Letter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Letter

    Post by Pieman on Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:43 pm

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    Happy new year everyone and thanks for the shout out Pieman

    No worries mate, ur alright actually. Between sniffs.

      Current date/time is Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:53 am