NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    Rate My Team 2019

    mattnz
    mattnz

    Posts : 2482
    Reputation : 605
    Join date : 2018-03-11

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by mattnz on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:19 pm

    @Iron Mike wrote:

    So after taking your advice into account:

    R. Mahoney
    A. Fifita, Twal
    J. Arrow, C. Murray, Stimson
    M. Morgan, N. Cleary
    J. Bateman, K. Capewell
    D. Edwards, C Watson, Z. Lomax

    W. Egan, S. Sorensen, P. Haas, L Leilua

    D. Brown, Ravalawa, L. Burr, A. Keirghan.

    Differences are Bird + Whitehead + Tolman + Mansour vs Twal + Stimson + LLeilua + CWatson. It does look like with the changes I made I save a tonne of trades.

    Much prefer this revision. No point having Bird in the team when your strongest position is Center.
    Random
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 6763
    Reputation : 1312
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 27

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by Random on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:28 pm

    @Iron Mike wrote:
    @Random wrote:For clarification, I decided to take McCullough out of my squad and put Cleary in and this is the team I have.

    R. Mahoney
    A. Fifita, A. Tolman
    J. Arrow, C. Murray, E. Whitehead
    M. Morgan, N. Cleary
    J. Bateman, K. Capewell
    D. Edwards, J. Mansour, H. Hunt/Z. Lomax

    W. Egan, S. Sorensen, P. Haas, J. Bird

    D. Brown, Z. Lomax, L. Burr, A. Keirghan

    With the rookies being able to swap out. Like yes my bench looks weaker because you have two mid-tier guys there but my captain options are J. Arrow, A. Fifita, N. Cleary, and then C. Murray.

    So after taking your advice into account:

    R. Mahoney
    A. Fifita, Twal
    J. Arrow, C. Murray, Stimson
    M. Morgan, N. Cleary
    J. Bateman, K. Capewell
    D. Edwards, C Watson, Z. Lomax

    W. Egan, S. Sorensen, P. Haas, L Leilua

    D. Brown, Ravalawa, L. Burr, A. Keirghan.

    Differences are Bird + Whitehead + Tolman + Mansour vs Twal + Stimson + LLeilua + CWatson. It does look like with the changes I made I save a tonne of trades.

    That looks a lot better. Starting with some more firepower out of the gate to face those with McCullough/Cook/Smith.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

    Posts : 2577
    Reputation : 976
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by Fortitude on Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:47 pm

    Finally got a a team together. Only have a few questions

    Macca
    Tpj, McGuire
    Matterson, Murray, Josh papapli
    Dce, cht
    Crocker, Capewell
    Turbo, Cotric, lomax

    Stimson, kapewell, haas, brown, Egan, keirghan. 212, 212.

    I hate McGuire as a person and a player, would consider dropping him for Tolman and upgrading papali to jurbo to give me a solid captain option.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 7319
    Reputation : 1367
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:10 pm

    @Fortitude wrote:Finally got a a team together. Only have a few questions

    Macca
    Tpj, McGuire
    Matterson, Murray, Josh papapli
    Dce, cht
    Crocker, Capewell
    Turbo, Cotric, lomax

    Stimson, kapewell, haas, brown, Egan, keirghan. 212, 212.

    I hate McGuire as a person and a player, would consider dropping him for Tolman and upgrading papali to jurbo to give me a solid captain option.

    I definitely like that as a change.
    Random
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 6763
    Reputation : 1312
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 27

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by Random on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:22 pm

    @Fortitude wrote:Finally got a a team together. Only have a few questions

    Macca
    Tpj, McGuire
    Matterson, Murray, Josh papapli
    Dce, cht
    Crocker, Capewell
    Turbo, Cotric, lomax

    Stimson, kapewell, haas, brown, Egan, keirghan. 212, 212.

    I hate McGuire as a person and a player, would consider dropping him for Tolman and upgrading papali to jurbo to give me a solid captain option.

    I agree the change sounds great, is Cotric in your team on the premise he gets FB? If he does he comes into my team as well.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

    Posts : 2577
    Reputation : 976
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by Fortitude on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:25 pm

    @Random wrote:

    I agree the change sounds great, is Cotric in your team on the premise he gets FB? If he does he comes into my team as well.

    Cotric is there because I think with out rapana the ball goes left through Crocker and cotric more. I’m not sold on him at fb anyway. But I think In general with out rapana, he gets more work load.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

    Posts : 2577
    Reputation : 976
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by Fortitude on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:29 pm

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

    I definitely like that as a change.

    Turns out I fucked up on the maths. Can’t do that swap unless i bring in someone around 550k I’m frf.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 7057
    Reputation : 2238
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by Mulvy on Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:28 pm

    @Fortitude wrote:

    Turns out I fucked up on the maths. Can’t do that swap unless i bring in someone around 550k I’m frf.

    Probably can't play capewell twice either
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

    Posts : 2577
    Reputation : 976
    Join date : 2016-02-25
    Location : National Capital

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by Fortitude on Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:54 pm

    @Mulvy wrote:

    Probably can't play capewell twice either

    Ah shit. Substitute one for bird.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 7057
    Reputation : 2238
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by Mulvy on Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:55 pm

    @Fortitude wrote:

    Ah shit. Substitute one for bird.

    I personally think McGuire is a terrible pick. The rest looks reasonable.
    No Worries
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 6757
    Reputation : 3155
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by No Worries on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:44 pm

    @Mulvy wrote:

    I personally think McGuire is a terrible prick. The rest look reasonable.

    FTFY
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 7057
    Reputation : 2238
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by Mulvy on Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:00 pm

    @No Worries wrote:

    FTFY

    Haha, took me a minute to figure out which bit you fixed!
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 552
    Reputation : 111
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by Teeth Eater on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:22 pm

    Okay chaps, just looking for anything glaringly horrific about this line-up that is an urgent must-change. Obviously all pending TLT. I know FRF is probably my main weakness, just not sure how to fix it for now;

    Macca
    Haas / Mclean
    Arrow / Murray / Matterson
    Morgan / Munster
    Mata'utia / J.Bateman
    Tedesco / Edwards / A.Gray

    Capewell / Egan / Stimson / Keighran

    Allan / Lomax / Staggs / J.Host

    21K balance.

    Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 16413
    Reputation : 4062
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by Welshy on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:27 pm

    @Teeth Eater wrote:Okay chaps, just looking for anything glaringly horrific about this line-up that is an urgent must-change. Obviously all pending TLT. I know FRF is probably my main weakness, just not sure how to fix it for now;

    Macca
    Haas / Mclean
    Arrow / Murray / Matterson
    Morgan / Munster
    Mata'utia / J.Bateman
    Tedesco / Edwards / A.Gray

    Capewell / Egan / Stimson / Keighran

    Allan / Lomax / Staggs / J.Host

    21K balance.

    Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

    Bolded are my only real concerns

    wouldn't have Haas in my scoring 17 let alone starting team to start the season, can't see the minutes, McLean with the addition of McGurie probably takes some of his work away and he isn't your 7 TB type to make up for lack of bread and butter stats

    SMat, Will he even start, walking concussion as well too much risk for me!
    Bateman, wait and see for me fella, role too uncertain (I reckon he will be a CTR gun option though)

    Can't see enough for Staggs and he isn't base price so too much capital invested for little return
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

    Posts : 552
    Reputation : 111
    Join date : 2018-02-20

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by Teeth Eater on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:56 pm

    @Welshy wrote:

    Bolded are my only real concerns

    wouldn't have Haas in my scoring 17 let alone starting team to start the season, can't see the minutes, McLean with the addition of McGurie probably takes some of his work away and he isn't your 7 TB type to make up for lack of bread and butter stats

    SMat, Will he even start, walking concussion as well too much risk for me!
    Bateman, wait and see for me fella, role too uncertain (I reckon he will be a CTR gun option though)

    Can't see enough for Staggs and he isn't base price so too much capital invested for little return

    Thank you, sir. You highlighted a couple of my genuine concerns in Haas and Staggs who are there purely for their $$ value, as I also like neither, lol. In that price range, just not sure who to go for instead.

    Thanks for thoughts on Mclean too, as I wasn't sure about him either... but also wasn't sure where else to go in the bottom end of higher priced FRF options. Do you like Welch? He seems great value? I actually like him and Fotuaika. I know he's a bit of a curveball, but I see that dood as an aspiring Tolo, and whether it be 2019 or another year... I think he'll do great things. But jeez he's got some mountains to climb to get good minutes in the Titans pack.

    J.Bateman - definitely share same concerns as you, but also the same possible upside so I'm willing to take a risk on him.

    SMat - thanks for your thoughts. I have a lot of back up CTR options already so you think it's safe to punt him and maybe try to work on my FRFs? Sounds mighty sensible. Capewell into starting side and SMat punted...
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

    Posts : 3495
    Reputation : 1252
    Join date : 2016-01-12
    Age : 35
    Location : Sydney

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by Boozecluez on Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:56 am

    Haven’t really mucked around with a team until we start seeing trials
    But threw this together quickly to see what was possible

    Cook
    Tolman Pangai jr
    Arrow Murray Gillet
    Morgan Keighran
    Capewell Bird
    Lomax Ravalawa Allan

    Smith McCullough Mahoney Stimson

    Moga Gray Cartwright Abbey

    ...................

    Light in backs and a lot of ??? on some selections pending TLT
    Just wanted to see how a hooker team would go

    Could say lighten up the 2rf by removing arrow and promoting Stimson, buy another back or half etc
    Plenty of options in 2019
    Verbal Kint
    Verbal Kint

    Posts : 3495
    Reputation : 1734
    Join date : 2017-03-28
    Age : 69
    Location : The harder I work the luckier I get

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by Verbal Kint on Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:02 am

    @Boozecluez wrote:Haven’t really mucked around with a team until we start seeing trials
    But threw this together quickly to see what was possible

    Cook
    Tolman Pangai jr
    Arrow Murray Gillet
    Morgan Keighran
    Capewell Bird
    Lomax Ravalawa Allan

    Smith McCullough Mahoney Stimson

    Moga Gray Cartwright Abbey

    ...................

    Light in backs and a lot of ??? on some selections pending TLT
    Just wanted to see how a hooker team would go

    Could say lighten up the 2rf by removing arrow and promoting Stimson, buy another back or half etc
    Plenty of options in 2019


    I really like it. It is pretty much my current draft team but with hookers over Turbo and RTS
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 7319
    Reputation : 1367
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : New Zealand

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:08 am

    Hey lads made a team with 1k in the bank, any concerns here.
    My only feeling is that the bench is too light.

    Macca
    Surgess, TPJ
    Arrow, Murray, Stimson
    Munster, Morgan
    Capewell, Lomax
    Teddy, Watson, Edwards

    Mahoney, Egan, Haas, Keighran
    212k x4

    Any thoughts would be super appreciated.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

    Posts : 1892
    Reputation : 663
    Join date : 2017-02-28
    Location : Earth

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by Rapture_NRL on Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:17 am

    @Fortitude wrote:

    Cotric is there because I think with out rapana the ball goes left through Crocker and cotric more. I’m not sold on him at fb anyway. But I think In general with out rapana, he gets more work load.

    It went more that way last season. Rapana got 0-0.37 ball lol
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

    Posts : 1892
    Reputation : 663
    Join date : 2017-02-28
    Location : Earth

    Rate My Team 2019 - Page 8 Empty Re: Rate My Team 2019

    Post by Rapture_NRL on Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:19 am

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Hey lads made a team with 1k in the bank, any concerns here.
    My only feeling is that the bench is too light.

    Macca
    Surgess, TPJ
    Arrow, Murray, Stimson
    Munster, Morgan
    Capewell, Lomax
    Teddy, Watson, Edwards

    Mahoney, Egan, Haas, Keighran
    212k x4

    Any thoughts would be super appreciated.

    I like it. Similar balance to my team. Stacked backs. Personally not going to touch Surgess. I know he's great but feel he's going to go similar to his price.

      Current date/time is Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:42 pm