NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Share
    SI
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 12908
    Reputation : 3116
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by SI on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:34 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:Cowboys coach Green has said he wants the team to play more "off the cuff" footy & throw the ball around in 2019 because he feels the Cowboys were too predictable in 2018.

    I think they've got the team for it.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning

    Posts : 7715
    Reputation : 1462
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by White Lightning on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:41 pm

    Do we think Vete will inherit Glasby's 42 mins/game. If so he will make more cash than Haas.
    SI
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 12908
    Reputation : 3116
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by SI on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:44 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:Do we think Vete will inherit Glasby's 35 mins/game. If so he will make more cash than Haas.

    I can't wait till milchcow is done sunning himself in a paddock and posts up his Team Planner.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 4488
    Reputation : 1210
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Mulvy on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:01 pm

    @SI wrote:

    I can't wait till  milchcow   is done sunning himself in a paddock and posts up his Team Planner.

    Defo
    SI
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 12908
    Reputation : 3116
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by SI on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:14 pm

    @Mulvy wrote:
    @SI wrote:

    I can't wait till  milchcow   is done sunning himself in a paddock and posts up his Team Planner.

    Defo

    My concern is that when Milchy said he was on holidays yesterday, that he was potentially just repeating what his Farmer had told him.

    We all know what "it's okay, you're just going on a little trip" really means for most cows...
    Mighty Fishes
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 5891
    Reputation : 1874
    Join date : 2015-08-01
    Age : 30
    Location : ><((((*>

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:45 pm

    @White Lightning wrote:Do we think Vete will inherit Glasby's 42 mins/game. If so he will make more cash than Haas.


    I’m going with Welch... for the third year in a row
    Milchy
    Milchy
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 8627
    Reputation : 3205
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Milchy on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:47 pm


    You know mtb has a fancy schmancy website for team planning. Hassle him for 2019 planing.

    I'm home on Friday evening so will get cracking on the weekend
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 13883
    Reputation : 2971
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Welshy on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:07 pm

    When I catch some extra time in work, will start doing my Welshy player profiles again, hopefully can start laying the ground work today
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

    Posts : 162
    Reputation : 96
    Join date : 2018-02-11

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Cookie Monster on Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:25 pm

    @SI wrote:

    My concern is that when Milchy said he was on holidays yesterday, that he was potentially just repeating what his Farmer had told him.

    We all know what "it's okay, you're just going on a little trip" really means for most cows...


    He'll be alright as long as he doesn't end up standing in a paddock with Ralph Wiggum


    Last edited by Cookie Monster on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SI
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 12908
    Reputation : 3116
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by SI on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:12 pm

    @Welshy wrote:When I catch some extra time in work, will start doing my Welshy player profiles again, hopefully can start laying the ground work today

    I'd be interested in RyMat mate.

    Although kind of DeJaVu after we both talked him up this exact time last year and then were literally the only ones who didn't pick him up early Embarassed
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 13883
    Reputation : 2971
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Welshy on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:35 pm

    @SI wrote:

    I'd be interested in RyMat mate.

    Although kind of DeJaVu after we both talked him up this exact time last year and then were literally the only ones who didn't pick him up early  Embarassed

    always happens mate Laughing

    If he nails the 80 spot he will be gold because the kid is a workhorse and knows the way to the try line

    I'll likely need the excel wonder sheet from Milch before I delve fully into the profiles, I'm just a glorified stats re arranger Sad Sad

    But i'm good at the handsomeness ratings
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 13883
    Reputation : 2971
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Welshy on Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:12 pm

    @Milchy wrote:
    You know mtb has a fancy schmancy website for team planning. Hassle him for 2019 planing.

    I'm home on Friday evening so will get cracking on the weekend

    Didn't realise that, had seen the format before, should of known that Leg end was behind it!

    Cheers butt
    code delta
    code delta

    Posts : 1920
    Reputation : 797
    Join date : 2016-05-05

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by code delta on Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:21 pm

    @SI wrote:

    My concern is that when Milchy said he was on holidays yesterday, that he was potentially just repeating what his Farmer had told him.

    We all know what "it's okay, you're just going on a little trip" really means for most cows...

    Yep, and if it doesn't rain soon that final solution is possible. Hopefully them spreadsheets pull him through.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

    Posts : 1930
    Reputation : 337
    Join date : 2018-02-26
    Age : 22
    Location : Townsville

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by StormTrooper96 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:52 pm

    I have a few players I would love to see a profile done on
    SI
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 12908
    Reputation : 3116
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by SI on Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:54 pm

    Steve Nicholls has posted the below on Renegades this afternoon.  For those who aren't aware (I doubt there are many who actually aren't), Steve is the author of the RFS Fantasy Prospectus from Renegades Analytics Department; generally referred to as "The Fantasy Bible".  Without knowing him personally, Steve has always come across as a bloody good bloke when talking to him both here and on Renegades.  As a genuine testament to Steve's position within the Fantasy community, I still remember standing on the Hill at Leichhardt back in 2016 when meeting Milchcow (and BullBender) for the first time, heads buried in apps for Fantasy scores as opposed to the actual game being played right in front of us, and Milchy talking Steve up deluxe for what he was doing over at Renegades statistics-wise.  For Milchy, the bloke that we have all been in awe of on Sportal/Fanatics for the last 5 or 6 years to then in turn be in awe of another bloke, well, enough said right there!



    http://renegadesfs.com/index.php/nrl-fantasy/item/1963-no-rfs-prospectus-for-2019?fbclid=IwAR2AxESWcy7Rk6Xn8_m8v8vtMvcL_BRKzwBjcae-hDaEb8TX6WYNVGEBhr4



    Unfortunately despite my best intentions the RFS NRL Fantasy Prospectus is not coming back in 2019. In July 2017 I was diagnosed with stage iv bowel cancer. This led to major surgeries in August 2017 and January 2018 and 12 rounds of chemo split between 2017 and 2018. Between all that the Prospectus just wasn’t possible last season. I was intending to get back into for the 2019 season but unfortunately, I had a recurrence in August 2018 and after more chemo I had another operation in December.
    The NRL fantasy sports community have some connections to bowel cancer. It is what took the life of prominent Dream Team coach Gareth Lafsky in 2015 and also what Sam Rohlf was dealing with during his SuperCoach winning season in 2017. And while I have a bit of a platform it seems appropriate that I should talk about it.
    Bowel cancer (also known as colon cancer or colorectal cancer) is the unsexy cancer, nobody likes talking about their butt, and because of this raising awareness of the risk can be difficult. There’s no colour pink and no moustaches but bowel cancer kills more Australians (and New Zealanders) every year than either prostate or breast cancer and sits second overall to lung cancer overall.
    The problem with bowel cancer is that by the time symptoms are obvious the cancer is often at an advanced state. I was diagnosed with stage IV bowel cancer in July 2017. I had experienced what I would consider minor symptoms on and off for a few months before I visited a GP in April. My symptoms were stomach cramps once or twice a month which would make me need to use the toilet and when I did I’d pass what looked like a blood clot. Because it wasn’t frequent I initially put it down to my diet but by this time I likely already had stage IV, which meant the cancer had spread from my bowel to surrounding lymph nodes and my liver. There were no other symptoms I wasn’t tired, I didn’t lose weight. In fact I felt perfectly fine apart from these occasional cramps.
    As a 37 year-old guy with a wife and two young daughters being told that the chances you’ll be alive in five years to be about 11% is a challenging experience. It is happening but the whole thing doesn’t feel real. It gets real soon enough though. A few weeks later I was undergoing a significant surgery to remove a section of my bowel, infected lymph nodes and tumours in my stomach. Six weeks after that I started chemotherapy for three months. Then another major surgery to remove half of my liver (all good, it grows back!) in January. Then eight weeks after that I was back for another three months of chemo. After a six month period of being symptom free I had a recurrence which lead to another five rounds of chemo and another operation in December and I’m starting radiation therapy next week. As well as this there is a portacath insertion, portacath removal, portacath insertion, blood tests every two weeks, regular CT, MRI and PET scans and other invasive and non-invasive tests. I even managed to get kidney stones which required surgery to remove! Treatments suck but the alternatives are worse and I lived through Cameron Munster sabotaging my fantasy team in 2016 so I’m pretty tough.
    So, before we get to thinking about NRL Fantasy a plea. You are never too young to get cancer or have any health concerns for that matter. If you feel physically or mentally unwell seek out professionals and don’t just sit on your problems.



    Renegade Analytics Department

    The Renegade Analytics Department (RAD) is made up of Steve Nicholls, formerly known as the Renegade Rookie, who having proved himself has finally been given his own department and office in the basement. RAD will provide a deeper insight into sport and fantasy by crunching the numbers. Steve Nicholls is a semi-pro writer/fantasy sports player, willing to give any sport a chance though his love lies with cricket, American football, league, union and ice hockey.
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 13883
    Reputation : 2971
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Welshy on Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:00 pm

    @SI wrote:Steve Nicholls has posted the below on Renegades this afternoon.  For those who aren't aware (I doubt there are many who actually aren't), Steve is the author of the RFS Fantasy Prospectus from Renegades Analytics Department; generally referred to as "The Fantasy Bible".  Without knowing him personally, Steve has always come across as a bloody good bloke when talking to him both here and on Renegades.  As a genuine testament to Steve's position within the Fantasy community, I still remember standing on the Hill at Leichhardt back in 2016 when meeting Milchcow (and BullBender) for the first time, heads buried in apps for Fantasy scores as opposed to the actual game being played right in front of us, and Milchy talking Steve up deluxe for what he was doing over at Renegades statistics-wise.  For Milchy, the bloke that we have all been in awe of on Sportal/Fanatics for the last 5 or 6 years to then in turn be in awe of another bloke, well, enough said right there!



    http://renegadesfs.com/index.php/nrl-fantasy/item/1963-no-rfs-prospectus-for-2019?fbclid=IwAR2AxESWcy7Rk6Xn8_m8v8vtMvcL_BRKzwBjcae-hDaEb8TX6WYNVGEBhr4



    Unfortunately despite my best intentions the RFS NRL Fantasy Prospectus is not coming back in 2019. In July 2017 I was diagnosed with stage iv bowel cancer. This led to major surgeries in August 2017 and January 2018 and 12 rounds of chemo split between 2017 and 2018. Between all that the Prospectus just wasn’t possible last season. I was intending to get back into for the 2019 season but unfortunately, I had a recurrence in August 2018 and after more chemo I had another operation in December.
    The NRL fantasy sports community have some connections to bowel cancer. It is what took the life of prominent Dream Team coach Gareth Lafsky in 2015 and also what Sam Rohlf was dealing with during his SuperCoach winning season in 2017. And while I have a bit of a platform it seems appropriate that I should talk about it.
    Bowel cancer (also known as colon cancer or colorectal cancer) is the unsexy cancer, nobody likes talking about their butt, and because of this raising awareness of the risk can be difficult. There’s no colour pink and no moustaches but bowel cancer kills more Australians (and New Zealanders) every year than either prostate or breast cancer and sits second overall to lung cancer overall.
    The problem with bowel cancer is that by the time symptoms are obvious the cancer is often at an advanced state. I was diagnosed with stage IV bowel cancer in July 2017. I had experienced what I would consider minor symptoms on and off for a few months before I visited a GP in April. My symptoms were stomach cramps once or twice a month which would make me need to use the toilet and when I did I’d pass what looked like a blood clot. Because it wasn’t frequent I initially put it down to my diet but by this time I likely already had stage IV, which meant the cancer had spread from my bowel to surrounding lymph nodes and my liver. There were no other symptoms I wasn’t tired, I didn’t lose weight. In fact I felt perfectly fine apart from these occasional cramps.
    As a 37 year-old guy with a wife and two young daughters being told that the chances you’ll be alive in five years to be about 11% is a challenging experience. It is happening but the whole thing doesn’t feel real. It gets real soon enough though. A few weeks later I was undergoing a significant surgery to remove a section of my bowel, infected lymph nodes and tumours in my stomach. Six weeks after that I started chemotherapy for three months. Then another major surgery to remove half of my liver (all good, it grows back!) in January. Then eight weeks after that I was back for another three months of chemo. After a six month period of being symptom free I had a recurrence which lead to another five rounds of chemo and another operation in December and I’m starting radiation therapy next week. As well as this there is a portacath insertion, portacath removal, portacath insertion, blood tests every two weeks, regular CT, MRI and PET scans and other invasive and non-invasive tests. I even managed to get kidney stones which required surgery to remove! Treatments suck but the alternatives are worse and I lived through Cameron Munster sabotaging my fantasy team in 2016 so I’m pretty tough.
    So, before we get to thinking about NRL Fantasy a plea. You are never too young to get cancer or have any health concerns for that matter. If you feel physically or mentally unwell seek out professionals and don’t just sit on your problems.



    Renegade Analytics Department

    The Renegade Analytics Department (RAD) is made up of Steve Nicholls, formerly known as the Renegade Rookie, who having proved himself has finally been given his own department and office in the basement. RAD will provide a deeper insight into sport and fantasy by crunching the numbers. Steve Nicholls is a semi-pro writer/fantasy sports player, willing to give any sport a chance though his love lies with cricket, American football, league, union and ice hockey.

    Legend and even moreso for coming forward with that! sort of thing! Wish him all the best
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 4488
    Reputation : 1210
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Mulvy on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:17 am

    Kikau and jfh have lost dpp
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 1912
    Reputation : 609
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:45 am

    Starting to take a serious look at individual player/ team structure. Think I'll be missing the likes of Cook/Smith/Fifita to start the year. Will be running McCullough as my main hooker with Crichton my likely captaincy option. On to the halves I feel like Milford has the most value of the guns and has been overlooked so far. Matterson is the best player in the Tigers pack and should be much more consistent this season with reliable minutes, will be among the first picked for me. Initial thoughts are Joe Ofa likely to provide most value from Broncos pack as I expect him to bump into that McGuire role. We all know my opinion on Cameron Murray and with one less mouth to feed in that pack he will probably be in my team. Dylan Edwards is my preferred option at WFB unless Munster happens to be named at the back round 1. This will pretty much be the breakdown of my guns to start the season
    Welshy
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 13883
    Reputation : 2971
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 31
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by Welshy on Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:12 am

    @multiple.scoregasms wrote:Starting to take a serious look at individual player/ team structure. Think I'll be missing the likes of Cook/Smith/Fifita to start the year. Will be running McCullough as my main hooker with Crichton my likely captaincy option. On to the halves I feel like Milford has the most value of the guns and has been overlooked so far. Matterson is the best player in the Tigers pack and should be much more consistent this season with reliable minutes, will be among the first picked for me. Initial thoughts are Joe Ofa likely to provide most value from Broncos pack as I expect him to bump into that McGuire role. We all know my opinion on Cameron Murray and with one less mouth to feed in that pack he will probably be in my team. Dylan Edwards is my preferred option at WFB unless Munster happens to be named at the back round 1. This will pretty much be the breakdown of my guns to start the season
    I think to start the season Arrow is the most underpriced of the Elite options but his injuries last year are a big concern, he had so many niggles during games last year which makes him a risk! I really like Ofa but there’s a fair amount of value in that donkeys pack, Gillett, Fifita potentially can make some huge gains! Pangai is 50+ potential, role dependant. Macca will also be my starting Hooker mate.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 1912
    Reputation : 609
    Join date : 2015-10-29

    Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 2

    Post by multiple.scoregasms on Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:42 am

    @Welshy wrote:
    I think to start the season Arrow is the most underpriced of the Elite options but his injuries last year are a big concern, he had so many niggles during games last year which makes him a risk! I really like Ofa but there’s a fair amount of value in that donkeys pack, Gillett, Fifita potentially can make some huge gains! Pangai is 50+ potential, role dependant. Macca will also be my starting Hooker mate.

    Titans I think have added too much to the pack for Arrow to be a reliable option. I see it playing out like Dragons pack last year with Jwal, Arrow, James and Boyd sharing most of the work in the middle. Guess it will come down to how Peachey is used but could see him getting minutes at lock if he starts off the bench.


      Current date/time is Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:46 pm