NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 48 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:03 pm

Pieman wrote:Fuck seibold looks worried, anxious, unhealthy, tired etc etc lol. Its hard to watch his press conferences.

The poor bastard is rapidly starting to look like Dean Pay.....

All Siebold bashing aside, I personally don't blame the bloke for our current woes, nor Bennett as some have suggested.
    We have a fairly decent roster (unlike Dogs, Warriors, Titans for example) and there is no reason we should be where we are.

The issue I have is with our management and the associated off field drama's that almost inevitably translate to on-field.

I don't know enough of the background to pinpoint who is to blame but I would have thought Paul White put forth most of the recommendations that were essentially rubber stamped by the board.

It's bloody frustrating because avoiding off field debacles have normally been the status quo for the Broncos and have always been the domain of shitholes like Newcastle - hence why we have always managed to avoid the spoon, whilst others have been well and truly collecting.

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 48 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by Guest Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:19 pm

not to defend Seibold, but he wasn't here when the club put Boyd, Milford and Bird on high-end long-term contracts, having 2.5-3 million of a 30-man 9 million roster tied up in 3 guys who constantly aren't or can't be performing is gunna leave you hamstrung, I saw Bennett trying to wash his hands clean of the whole thing this week like the rot wasn't already starting to settle in on his watch, seems a lifetime ago now, but his last year in charge, most notably, his last game getting bulldozed by a complete shambles of a Dragons side was the beginning of the embarrassment.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:32 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

The poor bastard is rapidly starting to look like Dean Pay.....

All Siebold bashing aside, I personally don't blame the bloke for our current woes, nor Bennett as some have suggested.
    We have a fairly decent roster (unlike Dogs, Warriors, Titans for example) and there is no reason we should be where we are.

The issue I have is with our management and the associated off field drama's that almost inevitably translate to on-field.

I don't know enough of the background to pinpoint who is to blame but I would have thought Paul White put forth most of the recommendations that were essentially rubber stamped by the board.

It's bloody frustrating because avoiding off field debacles have normally been the status quo for the Broncos and have always been the domain of shitholes like Newcastle - hence why we have always managed to avoid the spoon, whilst others have been well and truly collecting.

If you can't place any blame on the current coach or the previous coach.... well... who is to blame then? lol
    You sound like you're in an abusive relationship

If you listen to bennett - he has come out swinging, literally claiming no responsibility for signing blokes to long huge deals then the bloke underperforming. He did the same thing at Newcastle then fucked off. As if a coach with his history and experience doesn't have any say in who the club signs and on how much lol PARTICULARLY marquee players. You can't trust anything Bennett says to the media, you cant trust the bloke at all, just ask his wife.

The only time he addresses the media is to take the attention away from his current roster - which he has done well, considering all the heat Mitchell had. He has, quite masterfully, deflected the media's attention away from him. it was well needed.

Seibold is getting hammered, he has made some poor recruitment decisions and has contradicted himself multiple times recently. Its crazy how badly they have done over the last 5 rounds, they were great for the first 2.

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:16 am

Pieman wrote:

If you can't place any blame on the current coach or the previous coach.... well... who is to blame then? lol
    You sound like you're in an abusive relationship

If you listen to bennett - he has come out swinging, literally claiming no responsibility for signing blokes to long huge deals then the bloke underperforming. He did the same thing at Newcastle then fucked off. As if a coach with his history and experience doesn't have any say in who the club signs and on how much lol PARTICULARLY marquee players. You can't trust anything Bennett says to the media, you cant trust the bloke at all, just ask his wife.

The only time he addresses the media is to take the attention away from his current roster - which he has done well, considering all the heat Mitchell had. He has, quite masterfully, deflected the media's attention away from him. it was well needed.

Seibold is getting hammered, he has made some poor recruitment decisions and has contradicted himself multiple times recently. Its crazy how badly they have done over the last 5 rounds, they were great for the first 2.

Have you still not learnt how to read yet, you deadset battling simpleton?

It's even spelt out in the post you bloody quoted Lol

Bennett and Siebold have both been steadfastly consistent in their recent statements - i.e. there is fuck all wrong with our roster.

And there isn't - even a simpleton like yourself would see that and would have tipped them to be performing far better than they are.

Good point about Newcastle.
    Bennett did wonders for that club and fucked off when the off field management couldn't get their shit together.
    We are unfortunately in the same predicament and even if we had the greatest coach of all time (Bennett); if the off field management is creating a bad environment at the club, it will inevitably translate to on the field.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:38 am

I haven't even been watching the games, to be honest. Kind of a dead year in all aspects, not just football.

However.... good to see tears, not smiles after the game. Maybe that marks the low point?

(For quick reference purposes, let's bookmark this post as "Dasher's False Hope).
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:40 pm

yeah good to see them affected from it this week - after the fucking spray they got from the media for laughing about it last week
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:56 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Have you still not learnt how to read yet, you deadset battling simpleton?

It's even spelt out in the post you bloody quoted  Lol

Bennett and Siebold have both been steadfastly consistent in their recent statements - i.e. there is fuck all wrong with our roster.

And there isn't - even a simpleton like yourself would see that and would have tipped them to be performing far better than they are.

Good point about Newcastle.
    Bennett did wonders for that club and fucked off when the off field management couldn't get their shit together.
    We are unfortunately in the same predicament and even if we had the greatest coach of all time (Bennett); if the off field management is creating a bad environment at the club, it will inevitably translate to on the field.

The management is the same as who was there when they went to the grand final
    The same management hired the new coach
    The same management that let the old coach go

The coach has ultimate say over the roster, Siebold has constructed a very poor one. Too top heavy on young strike forwards, doesn't have a hooker or a halfback, or a 6, or a fullback. Time will tell as to whether he can get them playing to their potential, he can clearly coach a good side, but the players just dont buy into what he wants. Then he contradicts himself and looks for excuses when addressing the media lol. If there is nothing wrong with the roster - why the fuck does he change the team every week??? Cant bring a young half in to a losing side - then brings him in to play hooker and brings in a rookie fullback lol. Drops their experienced winger who is one of their best every week but keeps Boyd in the side who gets targeted in defence every game, and doesn't want to put his body on the line to score a try.

Bennett sacked himself at Newcastle and was sacked by Brisbane for lying and doing dodgy shit. Surprise surprise. He just isn't a top line coach any more.

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:15 pm

It's the battle of the shambles this weekend. They should promote it like a WWE pay per view main event where the losing coach has to retire
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:32 pm

No Worries wrote:It's the battle of the shambles this weekend. They should promote it like a WWE pay per view main event where the losing coach has to retire

They should have the spoon there ready to present to the loser
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:46 pm

No Worries wrote:It's the battle of the shambles this weekend. They should promote it like a WWE pay per view main event where the losing coach has to retire

They've already lost to Titans and Warriors, how many more shamble-bowls can we have
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:30 pm

Another one in Round 10
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:48 pm

Honeysett wrote:Another one in Round 10

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaarn

If these 3 teams cant play you back into form ... you need to be a feeder team for Redcliff
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:54 pm

I dunno. We've struggled against the gumbies for the last couple of years.

Pity we're now being lapped at the same time by the good sides. Oh well.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:17 am

Right. So we didn't hit the bottom. Sure as hell bounced off it though. Might have been better if we DID lose to Bulldogs.

Dead cat bounce?
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:58 am

I find this funny. Dean Pay just quit.... because he couldn't even beat the Broncos.

Well, not "ha ha" funny, the other kind. Neutral
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:07 pm

dasherhalo wrote:I find this funny. Dean Pay just quit.... because he couldn't even beat the Broncos.

Well, not "ha ha" funny, the other kind. Neutral
    its kinda ha ha funny
    Fark they both are bad sides ATM
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:12 pm

Called it.

As much shit we put on Darius he might be shit and past his time, but Milf is a disgrace. He needs to hang his head in shame and hand back this months cheque.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:00 pm

Along with the rest of the side.

Fuck a lot of those forwards were getting walked around. Absolutely gutless effort last night.

They have 2 options.
    Fuck the entire roster off and start again, which is impossible.
    Fuck the coach off and start again. Getting more and more likely.

Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:53 pm

No Worries wrote:

Called it.

As much shit we put on Darius he might be shit and past his time, but Milf is a disgrace. He needs to hang his head in shame and hand back this months cheque.

I was hoping the post match interviewer asked him “ is that your last NRL game?”

I reckon he’s go no idea
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:34 am

They're taking the Netball Super Series up to QLD. May be the Broncos could win a game.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:25 am