NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 12 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by No Worries Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:28 pm

Speaking at a press conference Burgess accidently said,

"Theres not been a lot of changes, we lose Angus and Damie... ugh[...] Jason Clark"

Did someone say player swwap ?
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights - Page 12 Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:20 pm

Pieman wrote:"Im really pleased its all resolved and I can join this great club with a free mind, knowing I did the right thing by the fans, staff and players"

nek minit

"I made it easy for them last time. Im not doing it this time"

Fuck me dead....could there be 2 bigger contradictory comments? lol. He wanted his cash from, its clear and obvious. When the Seibold deal started to look shakey, the broncos fucked bennett off as quick as they could.

I would be a bit worried if I were souths. He would have happily fucked them over this year if brisbane didnt sack him, as the clubs clearly had an agreement for a coach swap. It might take a while now for seibold to get comfortable in brissy too.

I mean fuck, he has obviously previously stated he was going to be there then didnt show - they dont just guess that coaches we would be at these things. Its obvious he told souths one thing flipped. Bennett obviously had himself only in mind and thought fuck them, ill do what I want.

I wonder if bronco fans now will be able to see bennett without their maroon coloured glasses on now that he is doing shady shit like this that directly affected the broncos.

Well no surprises that on this sad day, we've got the tall poppy syndrome riddled Knights & Tigers fans like Pieman, HS and No Worries swanning in here all cock-a-hoop.

Listen here Pieman you daft simpleton, I'll cut you a fraction of slack because I know you haven't benefited from my wisdom for quite some time now......but seeing as though you are so interested, here is how I view things with from the perspective of my maroon coloured glasses:

Am I filthy at Bennett - fuck no.
    In the history of the Broncos, he's done more than anyone for the club and is a big reasons why we are the NRL benchmark both on and off the field.

Am I filthy at the club - fuck no.
    Yes I personally think they made a mistake in terms of not retaining Bennett as head coach for 2020 and beyond (and thus 2019) but that's just my opinion and I rate Siebold as high as anyone bar Bennett and Bellamy, so it's certainly not a howler by any means.
    It's a tough call but at least they were decisive - reminds me of when we made the tough call about the greatest player to play the game and then subsequently went on to win back to back premierships.

In terms of all the media circus that has made the whole situation far more complicated than it needs to be, I essentially treat everything that is published (particularly during the off-season) with about the same credibility as a Pieman comment.....so less than sweet fuck all really.

The NRL needs to sort their shit out too.
    As I've said numerous times, unless it is a mid-season exemption that has been approved for a specific circumstance, once the season has started any player or coach signings need to occur at the end of the season....and only for the next upcoming season.
    It's such a no-brainer.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:28 am

Hard to have tall poppy syndrome over a team that hasn't won a premiership in 13 years.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:39 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Well no surprises that on this sad day, we've got the tall poppy syndrome riddled Knights & Tigers fans like Pieman, HS and No Worries swanning in here all cock-a-hoop.

Listen here Pieman you daft simpleton, I'll cut you a fraction of slack because I know you haven't benefited from my wisdom for quite some time now......but seeing as though you are so interested, here is how I view things with from the perspective of my maroon coloured glasses:

In the history of the Broncos, he's done more than anyone for the club and is a big reasons why we are the NRL benchmark both on and off the field.

Yes I personally think they made a mistake in terms of not retaining Bennett as head coach for 2020 and beyond (and thus 2019) but that's just my opinion and I rate Siebold as high as anyone bar Bennett and Bellamy, so it's certainly not a howler by any means.
    It's a tough call but at least they were decisive - reminds me of when we made the tough call about the greatest player to play the game and then subsequently went on to win back to back premierships.

In terms of all the media circus that has made the whole situation far more complicated than it needs to be, I essentially treat everything that is published (particularly during the off-season) with about the same credibility as a Pieman comment.....so less than sweet fuck all really.

As I've said numerous times, unless it is a mid-season exemption that has been approved for a specific circumstance, once the season has started any player or coach signings need to occur at the end of the season....and only for the next upcoming season.
    It's such a no-brainer.

You reacting like that 100% tells me that I struck a nerve. Smile

The great wayne bennett would rather be FIRED from the club that he use to part own, the club he helped build, than part ways amicably. Then to turn around and say he did the right thing by the club the fans the players etc.. hahaha. Fuck me. Then to come and say, Im not going to make it easy for them to get rid of me this time... too funny.

The bronco's have done well getting Seibold, he has shown that he is the best young coach in the game. Essentially, he held more power in the deal by drawing a line in the sand which forced the bronco's to fire bennett. Bennett has done well, walking into a side build by seibold that is in a prime position to win the comp - oh so similar to the dragons situation.

If Seibold does what he did with the rabbits last season - Corey oats is going to be the top try scorer and Milford is going to have a breakout year. Nikorima is going to have to develop a kicking game in the off season too. That's if all this bennett stuff hasnt distrupted the side too much.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:00 am

Honeysett wrote:Hard to have tall poppy syndrome over a team that hasn't won a premiership in 13 years.

You know full well that it's an incurable affliction you contracted back in the 90's....
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:16 am

Usually your argumnts are tinted with rose coloured glasses, this is just butt hurt fuelled insanity.

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

If on field benchmarks are grand finals, Melbourne, Roosters, Manly & Canterbury have appeared in more this century. Warriors, Parramatta & Nth QLD have appeared in as many and Tigers, Newcastle, Cronulla, Souths, Dragons & Penrith have won as many. 13 out 15 sides have had comparable or better grand final success. Off field only Parramatta, Cronulla, Warriors, Canterbury and Melbourne have been tainted with salary cap scandals like the Andrew Gee one the Broncos experienced, leaving 2/3rds of the comp with a better off field record.

Right Bennett just took the sacking on the chin, isn't taking them to court because it's all about the club not the money and he never contacted Souths players. Or he knows he did all those things that Seibold and the media outlined and doesn't have a leg to stand on.

It's such a no-brainer.

A mid-season and end of season window has to happen sooner rather than later. Not sure it's fair and reasonable to expect players and coaches to only sign 1 year contracts. Especially when you have to move family etc. around. But the NRL have to approve these contracts, there has to be something whereby a contract isn't approved till your previous one expires or you have sat out a season.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:51 am

Laughing damn that's some spin that even Wayne would be proud of NW, i especially got a kick out out of judging off-field success on whether or not they've been accused of salary cap breaches, thats a new one... here i was thinking being the only club posting consistent profit, hell, make that the only team to post a profit at all last year, was the benchmark of off-field success, but nope, an unproven allegation 4 years ago means we're worse off-field than clubs losing money hand over fist and being threatened with relocation Laughing
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:29 am

surmo13 wrote:Laughing damn that's some spin that even Wayne would be proud of NW, i especially got a kick out out of judging off-field success on whether or not they've been accused of salary cap breaches, thats a new one... here i was thinking being the only club posting consistent profit, hell, make that the only team to post a profit at all last year, was the benchmark of off-field success, but nope, an unproven allegation 4 years ago means we're worse off-field than clubs losing money hand over fist and being threatened with relocation Laughing

Beer

It took some work. I did also overlook all those clubs like the Tigers which had been fined for small breaches of the salary cap over those same years
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:48 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

You know full well that it's an incurable affliction you contracted back in the 90's....

Fortunately the Broncos losing a grand final in the most heart breaking of fashion was the miracle that pulled me out of the disease.
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:01 am

To be fair, it's no wonder Bennett wanted to stay at Brisbane another season, and Siebold wanted to come here a year early. Who'd want to spend another year living in the shithole that is NSW when you can live in South East Queensland.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:21 am

Dip wrote:To be fair, it's no wonder Bennett wanted to stay at Brisbane another season, and Siebold wanted to come here a year early. Who'd want to spend another year living in the shithole that is NSW when you can live in South East Queensland.
    Roughly 7.5 million people. The numbers don't lie
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:26 pm

Krump wrote:
    Roughly 7.5 million people. The numbers don't lie

Similar population to Baghdad. Numbers don't tell the whole story.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:51 pm

Dip wrote:To be fair, it's no wonder Bennett wanted to stay at Brisbane another season, and Siebold wanted to come here a year early. Who'd want to spend another year living in the shithole that is NSW when you can live in South East Queensland.

Having lived in both Brisbane is an absolute shit hole of a place. Although I didn't live in Redfern and having been through it it's also a shit hole.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:11 pm

I have lived in both Sydney and Brisbane. (Newcastle and Canberra too)

The eastern suburbs of sydney, cronulla area, manly and the city its self absolutely shit on anything brisbane has to offer. Its incomparable. Brisbane is inferior in every single way. Sydney is, however, unreasonably expensive to live in and its near impossible to buy a home in any of those great areas unless you make really fucking good money. Anything on the other side of the anzac bridge can fuck off tho for the most part. The traffic is fucking disgusting too. Redfern is much much nicer than it use to be, its actually a fairly trendy suburb now.

Brissy is a cool city, but anywhere that is further out than like 5km from the city is fucked. There are that many bogans and meth heads around, its fucking scary. Its like newcastle in the late 90s/early 2000s, so many fucking druggos around. Housing is much cheaper, rent is much cheaper and area's like southbank are nice. The Valley tho... wow. Its like how the Cross used to be. Absolutely fucked up. There are plenty of trendy cafes and bars popping up all over the shop in brissy and the traffic is non existant most of the time compared to sydney. Public transport there is pretty good too, its pretty easy to get around. The best thing about brissy is that the goldy is an hour and a bit away and the sunshine coast is an hour and a half away, the other way.

If money wasnt a concern, Sydney absolutely shits on Brisbane.

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:32 pm

“I did speak to players on the request of Shane Richardson because there were players under contract that they wanted to keep here and I was going to be a long term coach here from 2020,” he said.

“I called Alex Johnston in this particular case because he was being chased by clubs in the middle of his contract and Souths weren’t keen to lose him, so that was purely what discussions were about.”

How is that not grounds for dismissal? Talking to another teams players, at the you are going to be coaching at in the future. Its a massive conflict of interest.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:57 pm

Souths will turn Bennett into a good coach again. He needs a decent football team to excell. The Bonzos certainly aren’t that.

I can see the wily old coot turning the Rabbitohs into the first back to back Premiers. Souths carried Siebold.

There’s a reason Bennett left. The Bonzos are shit. 13th at best.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:04 pm

Check your PM's @Rabbit you silly old coot.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:04 pm

Pieman wrote:“I did speak to players on the request of Shane Richardson because there were players under contract that they wanted to keep here and I was going to be a long term coach here from 2020,” he said.

“I called Alex Johnston in this particular case because he was being chased by clubs in the middle of his contract and Souths weren’t keen to lose him, so that was purely what discussions were about.”

How is that not grounds for dismissal? Talking to another teams players, at the you are going to be coaching at in the future. Its a massive conflict of interest.

It is grounds for dismissal and he was dismissed. He knows it was against the rules so isn't fighting it. But interestingly doesn't accept responsibility and blames the new boss who wasn't at the time. Where does he draw the line ? Will he rob a bank for Shane or is that illegal so it's crossing the line. But rules he doesn't agree with, I don't know say like the salary cap he's willing to break ?? The question needs to be asked where is the line in the sand.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:06 pm

Is this the "reason" he was sacked?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:14 pm

Seibold penned a letter blowing up delux with all the bullshit going on and named players, when and why Bennett had contacted them. Somehow it got leaked to the telegraph, a story appeared on Saturday and Bennett was gone Sunday. Did Seibold leak it to give the Broncos the reason they needed, did Souths leak it to get Bennett, did the Bronco's leak it to save money. Who knows.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:49 am