NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

leaguegod

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights Empty 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by leaguegod Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:46 am

one argument against the shoulder charge was that players once set were unable to adjust to late movements and that lead to head knocks

Napa's style is much the same imo, he even seems to lose vision of the what the ball carrier is doing once he does commit.

it may be only the second time he has knocked out someone with his head  in x amount of tackles but i recall him being in trouble for the same technique ending in shoulder to head contact a few times aswell so i think he has something to fix. some may think its an accident but its clear it aint gonna be treated that way so its gonna be on him to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    leaguegod

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by leaguegod Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:55 am

its also clear to me, that had he been nsw origin player, he absolutely would have been charged the first time around but once again a QLD player gets the golden treatment.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights Empty Re: 2022 Brisbane Broncos Thread Top 13 in our sights

Post by ryno_ Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:09 pm

leaguegod wrote:its also clear to me, that had he been nsw origin player, he absolutely would have been charged the first time around but once again a QLD player gets the golden treatment.

If he was a cockroach, Sims and FAC would have been penalised for hitting his head when he was facing his head the other way.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:11 pm

leaguegod wrote:its also clear to me, that had he been nsw origin player, he absolutely would have been charged the first time around but once again a QLD player gets the golden treatment.

He'll fight it and rock up with the footage of him knocking out Sims and get off.

Should also mention that Sutton kept his run of coincidences going.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:33 pm

He's lucky the MRC made the wrong decision by not charging him after round 11 (according to Greenberg). Add 50% loading for similar charge in the previous 2 years and his 315 points goes to missing 4 weeks with an early guilty plea, or 6 weeks if he contested and lost.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:44 pm

No Worries wrote:

He'll fight it and rock up with the footage of him knocking out Sims and get off.

Should also mention that Sutton kept his run of coincidences going.

you actually can't use incidents that wern't charged, which admittedly does seem like a pretty odd rule if someone is trying to get off
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:44 pm

He's taken the early plea with 3 weeks.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:55 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Nah, that rules been in the book for longer then Napa has been playing first grade.

I dont mind the idea of tying the punishment of the offender to the injury of the victim in theory, but what if the next play, Cornder does the exact same thing and hits Lodge in the sternum? Lodge would (presumably) stay on the field and then youve got 2 players committing the same offence getting different punishments out of it.

The send off has been around but they even made a point at the start of the season (and in the NRL 2018 rule interpretations) about the sin bin being available for foul play:

* Foul Play – A player will be sin binned for foul play in circumstances where, in the opinion of the Referee, the foul play does not warrant sending off, but is serious enough to place the player on report, and the player injured from the foul play is unlikely to take any further part in the game.

I'm not saying we need to focus on the outcome/injuries more, it's just an extension of the current rule where the ref is allowed to make the above judgement (mainly so the offenders ban doesn't merely advantage the team they play the following week).

Instead of a sin bin they would just sub the offender off for the match.
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:21 am

Bennett clearly coaching his players to run into Napas head and expose his flawed style...genius.

On another note, as I've maintained all year, these Broncos are in this season up to their eyeballs and really should have enough momentum to get the chocolates from here, as evidenced by their superior form v top eight sides. Gonna be a big Fuck You from the Super coach that is for sure.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:26 am

their biggest hurdle may be if they a draw a team limping into the finals (panthers or saints)

they may just treat them like a non top 8 team and go out first week lol

but they do look dangerous, the top 3 have looked like contenders for a while but broncos and cronulla firming well late in the season
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:28 am

leaguegod wrote:their biggest hurdle may be if they a draw a team limping into the finals (panthers or saints)

they may just treat them like a non top 8 team and go out first week lol

but they do look dangerous, the top 3 have looked like contenders for a while but broncos and cronulla firming well late in the season

Probably the most likely scenario too I reckon - my punt is that we will finish 5th and be playing the Panthers after they slip to 8th (100% sure something unexpected will happen though and change this).

Interested to see how we go against Manly though this week.
    They seem to be a bit of a bogey side for us and a good test to see how we will fair going forward.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:33 am

If we finish 5th or 6th, I'm very confident of winning in week 1. Home final in front of 50k, we just won't lose that game.

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:04 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Probably the most likely scenario too I reckon - my punt is that we will finish 5th and be playing the Panthers after they slip to 8th (100% sure something unexpected will happen though and change this).

Interested to see how we go against Manly though this week.
    They seem to be a bit of a bogey side for us and a good test to see how we will fair going forward.

i'm tipping you guys to be the only team from the bottom 4 of the 8 to win this week tbh(warriors V raiders is a tough one to tip admittedly) , could mean you guys V warriors which would be a cracker but a shame that 1 bottom 4 loser gets a soft week 2 games against penny/st george
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:04 pm

We are playing well lately but could easily lose this week and then the fans would lose hope again. I still don't think we can win it due to our inconsistency this season but who knows.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:16 am

yeah I agree milf - some great wins in the last few weeks but they have shown this year that they are prob the most inconsistent team in the comp. Maybe they have turned it around, time will tell.

With the ladder this close it really should bring attention back the the games where teams were gifted the wins through poor refereeing decisions earlier in the year.

I mean, if the tigers get that win against the bronco's earlier in the side, they are sitting on the same points this week.

Also, even tho the table is so close - there really are only a couple of teams that can win the whole thing IMO.
    Melbourne, Cronulla, Roosters and Rabbits. Even those last 2 are a bit iffy.

I would be loading up on cronulla - I reckon they are going to come home with it
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:03 am

Broncos have been consistent.

Generally Good against top 8 teams and average against bottom 8 teams. So if I'm a Broncos fan I go into the finals full of beans, knowing only the Storm and Sharks are carrying any sort of recent form into the finals.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:43 pm

Ice wrote:Broncos have been consistent.

Generally Good against top 8 teams and average against bottom 8 teams. So if I'm a Broncos fan I go into the finals full of beans, knowing only the Storm and Sharks are carrying any sort of recent form into the finals.

Yep - You can look at that as well as playing well 1 week then playing shit the next week. Can look at it a few ways.
    I agree that they would be happy, teams are close but I dont think its all that wide open. Penrith, Warriors, Dragons most certainly cant win the comp.

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:54 pm

Broncos haven't won 4 games straight this year. I doubt they'll do it in the finals. Souths V Roosters grand final I reckon.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:24 am

We are better against the better teams which gives me a little more hope, just not against the Storm. If we play them at any stage we lose.

Darius seems to be standing up in the big moments lately which is good signs heading into the finals. We missed him last season.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:13 am

Honeysett wrote:Broncos haven't won 4 games straight this year. I doubt they'll do it in the finals. Souths V Roosters grand final I reckon.

Similar thing happened in 2006 when we couldn't win a game post Origin (including a couple of losses to Melbourne) before jagging the last couple leading into the finals and subsequently beating the Storm in the GF.

Let's hope history repeats.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:40 pm