NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 34 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:34 am

my tv broke wrote:Macca on my radar to start the year, if Siebold continues to "like an 80 minute hooker". Few low scores to end 2018 means he is priced pretty well.

I like him too, but if memory serves correctly he has been a burden due to injury the last couple years at least.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 34 Empty Re: 2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:04 am

Based on this, either Smith and the Warriors are telling porkies or they are simply incompetent - which one is it?

Warriors football manager Brian Smith has shed some further light on the fallout between the Kiwi NRL club and former player Shaun Johnson.
    Smith told Radio Sport Breakfast there was no salvaging the relationship between the Warriors and the Kiwi international when they met after he entered the conversation with one mindset only.
    Rather than look at a potential new deal, the 28-year-old said he wanted out - immediately.
    "We didn't expect [Johnson's demand for a release] for a response to what we were hoping was going to be a discussion about the future with him," Smith said.
    "We didn't really establish [Johnson's worth] because Shaun was in a position where he could have done that."
    Smith hinted during the interview Johnson's inconsistent form was the main reason behind the club's hesitancy.
    "From our point of view, the sort of money that he was on, I think it's fair to say that it's going to attract some questions about performance," he said.
    "So we didn't establish [what he was worth]. I can't say to you whether it was a million, or half a million. The process, Shaun took control of what he wanted to do and we didn't get that far."
    While Smith wouldn't discuss what areas they were hoping Johnson would improve if he'd stayed at the club, he admitted the club was now left in a sticky situation in their halves.
    "We're not [a better side] yet, no. There's some work to be done," he said.
    "There's some decisions to be made in the next little while, but we're not really in any great hurry to do anything.
    "If something jumped up that was too good to be missed, we're ready for that. Obviously we've got the [salary] cap space now."
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:48 pm

Also the thing with SJ is he is injury prone & he misses approx 1/3 of the season. This has happened the last couple of years. You can't pay $1m to your marquee player when he's injured for a 1/3 of the season & then once he comes back on the field it takes him another 3-4 games to get back to where he was before his injury.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:59 pm

SJ is on my 'never again list' with Dugan plus a few others I cant remember
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:46 am

Well it would seem Dylan Walker won't be playing NRL any time soon.

So manly have now lost Brian Kelly, Walker, Uate (plus Jonno Wright, and Tom Wright, and Lewis Brown who occasionally filled in) from their backline.

Going to be some cheapies or squad changes very soon.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:32 am

my tv broke wrote:Well it would seem Dylan Walker won't be playing NRL any time soon.

So manly have now lost Brian Kelly, Walker, Uate (plus Jonno Wright, and Tom Wright, and Lewis Brown who occasionally filled in) from their backline.

Don't worry they have Elgey Very Happy

Awesome my post was 666
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:14 pm

Now Musgrove has stuffed up, charged with multiple charges namely aggravated indecent assault. He just signed for Wests as well.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:50 pm

Has this been like the most bad PR off season in awhile?

Hayne, Walker, Musgrove now.. the coaching circus drama.. just need someone to pull a Pearce and it would surely round it all out.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:34 am

My sister who lives in Aussie told me apparently Hayne was on the piss with his mates, taxied to the girls place, raped her & 20 minutes later taxied back to his mates & continued to get on the piss. Now that is cold.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:34 am

White Lightning wrote:My sister who lives in Aussie told me apparently Hayne was on the piss with his mates, taxied to the girls place, raped her & 20 minutes later taxied back to his mates & continued to get on the piss. Now that is cold.

That is very close to what I have read also, when he went to her house, he knocked on the door, her mother answered it (weird I know) then he went inside, something happened which included Hayne biting her on the twat causing her to bleed, and all this was done in 20 minutes with the mum in the house. Then he got back into the waiting Taxi and left. There the main points I have read and seen on the news.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:39 am

my tv broke wrote:Well it would seem Dylan Walker won't be playing NRL any time soon.

If they don't go for a rookie then Brendan Elliot will likely get the CTR position, will be bottom priced for a non-rookie and good for 19 points per week. Manly will probably buy someone soon anyway.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:46 am

bluetige wrote:
    White Lightning wrote:My sister who lives in Aussie told me apparently Hayne was on the piss with his mates, taxied to the girls place, raped her & 20 minutes later taxied back to his mates & continued to get on the piss. Now that is cold.

That is very close to what I have read also, when he went to her house, he knocked on the door, her mother answered it (weird I know) then he went inside, something happened which included Hayne biting her on the twat causing her to bleed, and all this was done in 20 minutes with the mum in the house. Then he got back into the waiting Taxi and left. There the main points I have read and seen on the news.

Isn't this what happened in the other case, the biting on her causing her to bleed. Like the fuck dude?
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:02 pm

I'd prefer people stopped talking about Hayne here. I know it's an old concept these days, but innocent until prove guilty. We can all wonder out load and repeat what others may think they know but none of us know the facts. Them facts will become apparent in due cause.
    So finally when I open the "2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1" I'd like some insights into fantasy footy. There is a place elsewhere on this site that deals with plays bad behavior.
    "Hayne now not looking like a Shark's signing might throw up a decent new ctr option there" maybe. Beer
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:38 am

I wonder if Manly will play T-Trbo at ctr in 2019. Kelly has gone to the Titans, Walker before the courts & T-Trbo was playing ctr for Aussie & he could be the NSW ctr in origin. It seems like a natural progression for T-Trbo.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:48 am

code delta wrote:I'd prefer people stopped talking about Hayne here. I know it's an old concept these days, but innocent until prove guilty. We can all wonder out load and repeat what others may think they know but none of us know the facts. Them facts will become apparent in due cause.
    So finally when I open the "2019 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1" I'd like some insights into fantasy footy. There is a place elsewhere on this site that deals with plays bad behavior.
    "Hayne now not looking like a Shark's signing might throw up a decent new ctr option there" maybe. Beer

It's the off season, you should be greatful that the conversation is even vaguely fantasy related.
    White Lightning wrote:I wonder if Manly will play T-Trbo at ctr in 2019. Kelly has gone to the Titans, Walker before the courts & T-Trbo was playing ctr for Aussie & he could be the NSW ctr in origin. It seems like a natural progression for T-Trbo.
    Not unless they've signed Ponga to play FB.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:51 am

White Lightning wrote:I wonder if Manly will play T-Trbo at ctr in 2019. Kelly has gone to the Titans, Walker before the courts & T-Trbo was playing ctr for Aussie & he could be the NSW ctr in origin. It seems like a natural progression for T-Trbo.

Who would play fullback though?

Don't really see it happening. Tommy T was involved in creating alot of their attack last year from full back as well.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:10 am

code delta wrote:I'd prefer people stopped talking about Hayne here. I know it's an old concept these days, but innocent until prove guilty. We can all wonder out load and repeat what others may think they know but none of us know the facts. Them facts will become apparent in due cause.

Hayne has just arrived at Burwood local court with his mum & Manoa Thompson
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:11 am

Kurt Mann to Knights is finally official. Interesting if he gets the starting #9 - not quite a cheapie, but currently has DPP wfb/hlf..
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:52 am

my tv broke wrote:Kurt Mann to Knights is finally official. Interesting if he gets the starting #9 - not quite a cheapie, but currently has DPP wfb/hlf..

I was reading a Knights forum & apparently Brown wants to develop Mann as a hooker/utility off the bench.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:28 pm

White Lightning wrote:

I was reading a Knights forum & apparently Brown wants to develop Mann as a hooker/utility off the bench.
    Bloody hell you get around mate.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:39 am