NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL VSDT Cash Comp 1

NFL VSDT Cash Comp 1 - Page 24 Empty Re: NFL VSDT Cash Comp 1

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:32 pm

I cant decide between Kelce or Ertz this week

I really like Kelce but he still has a bye to come. I'm put off a bit by Ertz, does Tate take some targets off him...

Whoever I pick will score 6 and the other will get 40
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:58 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Ah bugger.... I'd probably go Watson to Rodgers

Darnold is a cash out IMO though so if you could find a cheap alternative to stop gap for this week and week 12 then that would be an option too, assuming of course you think Watson/Mahomes are the top 2 QBs.

I could downgrade Darnold to Nick. Mullens from SF, but will he still be there for week 12 to cover for Mahomes?

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:18 am

Darnold > Mullens would be the biggest volume trade this week I think

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:20 am

I really have no clue about Mullens' job security though

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:33 am

Not having McCaffrey is going to hurt this week
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:58 pm

Verbal Kint wrote:I really have no clue about Mullens' job security though

I'm viewing him purely as a cashout, hopefully he plays week 12 for Mahomes bye but no biggie if he doesn't. Wouldn't expect Darnold to score very well against NE in week 12 if he even plays anyway

Not having Gurley has screwed my season but 20m is a tall order at this point when the rest of my RBs are still very good
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Brought in Ertz and Kelce to put an end to the TE rollercoaster. Olsen to cover Kelce in wk 12.

Keep wobbling VK Twisted Evil We only have 5 PODs for this week, I'm hoping Kelce v Kittle and Bears v Falcons can drag me a bit closer. Crosby v Maher, Kamara v Gordon and Hill v Evans, I'd take a draw from that bunch. Melvin should have a big game.
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:02 pm

Love Tyreek Hill, so sleek. The 45 point gap between him and Evans was huge for me today. Kamara doing nothing in the second half was kinda annoying, but if Melvin stays quiet here that would also be a nice boost.

Woah, especially with R n T pulling the late switch to captain Melvin instead of Gurley, that's high stakes!

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:12 am

Evans has been a big lemon since bringing him in. Gah!

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:13 am

I've had no luck with my WR trades. Such a waste
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:36 pm

These next two rounds are going to be crucial before a 5 week run home with probably very few POD's across our teams.

If Conner were to miss this weekend that would be a huge problem for me with Chubb on the bye. Planning Sanders>Hopkins, and a downgrade to make it possible. No Conner would probably mean I'd need to go Conner>Zeke/CMC/Fournette to make the cash. Or Conner>Gordon and keep Sanders.

Get well soon James.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:58 am

Good score this week mate, well done.

That Chicago move has paid off.

Looks like its going to be a very close battle between several teams for first. As I found out, even 1 POD can mean 50 points swing. I was tossing up between Kelce and Ertz last week, chose wrong and that was all the difference in the round.

As for Connor, looks like he will play this week according to Tomlin. I think you will be fine there.

I have a few big calls to make too over the next couple weeks.

Whether or not to Bring back Barkley, whether or not to add a 5th stud RB for KJ, whether or not to cash out Mayfield prior to Mahomes bye... whether or not to burn a trade or two on an upgrade to my D and K....

MMMMM, what to do Smile
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:05 am

Yeah, decisions are tricky when it's so possible for everyone to build close to the best possible team, fine margins. I've been weighing up whether I just stick with my WR formula and focus on trades elsewhere.

For example, Sanders & Edelman to Hopkins/Adams/Thielen improves my team by around 15 points a week at most. Rodgers>Ryan and Barkley>Gordon could achieve the same thing on averages. Guess it comes down to if I want more or less PODs for the run home.

What was the thinking on choosing Kelce over Ertz? Kelces bye didn't sway you the other way with the weak TE3 in Gesicki? Either way very unlucky for Ertz to come out and score 50 extra points, that's rough.

Also curious what led VK to choose the Falcons when cashing out the Texans?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:47 am

Yeah, didnt work out great for me. Basically I was planning on getting both of them, 1 this week, 1 last. Decision to get Kelce was simply a matchup thing for that week. I placed him as the #1 TE. Ertz #2. Im probably just gonna live with Gesicki for round 12. Im just not sure its worth grabbing one of the 2nd tier guys for 1 round...As opposed to RBs, QBs and WRs who you would expect a 30 point minimum out of most guns weekly, as seen last week, even the number1 TE might only grab 10 points or so!

Time will tell if its the right move or not...

Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:15 am

Fair enough. Gesicki might break out next week and you'll be laughing.

Struggling with trades this week. I have the simple option of Freeman cash out to afford Sanders>Hopkins, but I'm considering doing something a bit wild to allow me to do Sanders>Hopkins, Edelman>Thielen and Barkley>Gordon this week and next. It involves using 6 trades over the next 3 rounds and trading Gurley out and back in consecutive weeks, leaving me with 3 trades for the run home. Trying to work out if it's fantasy suicide or not. An injury in the next week or two would destroy the plan, so maybe I'm better to play it safe.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:18 am

Thickshake wrote:Fair enough. Gesicki might break out next week and you'll be laughing.

Struggling with trades this week. I have the simple option of Freeman cash out to afford Sanders>Hopkins, but I'm considering doing something a bit wild to allow me to do Sanders>Hopkins, Edelman>Thielen and Barkley>Gordon this week and next. It involves using 6 trades over the next 3 rounds and trading Gurley out and back in consecutive weeks, leaving me with 3 trades for the run home. Trying to work out if it's fantasy suicide or not. An injury in the next week or two would destroy the plan, so maybe I'm better to play it safe.

Haha, that would be nice. Even 15 points or so would be a win IMO.

What did you decide in the end mate?

Im looking at brining in Ertz and Barkley this week.

Not a bad start this week either with Rodgers and Adams going well.
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:00 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Haha, that would be nice. Even 15 points or so would be a win IMO.

What did you decide in the end mate?

Im looking at brining in Ertz and Barkley this week.

Not a bad start this week either with Rodgers and Adams going well.

Chose the safe route, and then sat and watched as the key piece in the risky option (Aaron Jones) had a blinder. Oh well. I think I'm going to go for a bit of a hybrid between the two options, bring in Zeke or DJ and Hopkins, which means selling high on Conner. Really want to be able to go Edelman>Thielen/Adams next week, especially now that Verbal has brought in Thielen.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:14 pm

Thickshake wrote:

Chose the safe route, and then sat and watched as the key piece in the risky option (Aaron Jones) had a blinder. Oh well. I think I'm going to go for a bit of a hybrid between the two options, bring in Zeke or DJ and Hopkins, which means selling high on Conner. Really want to be able to go Edelman>Thielen/Adams next week, especially now that Verbal has brought in Thielen.

Looks like the gap between you me and Verbal will be even smaller after today. Looks like you are on track for 630 (according to projections) me 650 and verbal 560.

Obviously that could change a bunch, and you are in the box seat with Barkleys score nailed down as C.

Numbers like that would flip the leader board a bit though:
    Milkshake ~6320
    RnT ~6300
    Suspects ~6280

Is that how you guys are seeing things?

Big names in play today which will change things:
    Gurley, Mahomes, Hill & Kelce

I expect Kelce to go big today (bigger than his prediction), the rest all look about right although Hill has the potential to go 50+. Looking forward to the game and then starting to tweak my side for next week!
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:12 am

Why are the Rams hardly using Gurley. They've been in the redzone 3 times and Gurley hasn't had a touch. Strange...
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:23 am

The bullshit continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:54 am