NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Finals chat

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatic

Finals chat - Page 21 Empty Re: Finals chat

Post by wolfking on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:14 pm

Should have just taken the suspension Billy.
    Mighty Fishes
    Mighty Fishes

Post by Mighty Fishes on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:15 pm

@Shanbon wrote:Only Slater could get away with yelling at the ref "use your fucking brain" at that last knock on.

Then he tries to take a dive to stop the FG

Probably how he feels. Him and his team have been raped all night by the refs he’s probably sick of it. I know if I were raped for 70mins I’d probably have something to say too so lay off the rapee and just be grestful a undeserving NSW team were handed the victory for fuck sake..
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatic

Post by wolfking on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:16 pm

@Mighty Fishes wrote:Righto get fucked one person taken out from 14 and the 14th player Sutton saved that Munster try. This is fucked. The Sutton’s / Klein are fucked. It’s a shame our sport is wayyyyyyyy more corrupt than boxing fuck it roosters woh their infinite salary cap can suck Greenbergs dick which I’m sure they did in the first place to even be in this position. Fuck off the lot of the nrl. Fuck fantasy Fuck it all. Afl all the way

You can't blame the refs for this result mate.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:17 pm

@Mighty Fishes wrote:So........ not only a trip offence was considered “acceptable” by the nrl but also encouraged by the nrl as long as the team with he more money and least followers win?  Okey dokey. Stupid cunts

Salt Salt Salt

Did you discount the fact Cronk is busted so Sutton makes it 13 ?
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:19 pm

Well done Rorters.

Always nice to see the Storm lose a GF.
    Mighty Fishes
    Mighty Fishes

Post by Mighty Fishes on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:22 pm

@wolfking wrote:

You can't blame the refs for this result mate.

I can easily! So much corruption! Munster sent off for the stupidest never in a regular season game sent off. Then slater being tripped which is a send off offence not only being over looked but rewarded.

Refs won the roosters the game of anyone sees it anyway else they have something wrong with them
    Mighty Fishes
    Mighty Fishes

Post by Mighty Fishes on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:23 pm

@No Worries wrote:

Salt Salt Salt

Did you discount the fact Cronk is busted so Sutton makes it 13 ?

Idiot.....

You clearly forgot there are 15728603 Sutton’s sucking the head refs dick for the roosters to win
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:26 pm

Munster is a grubby cunt. Absolute scum. Taste it you prick!
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:34 pm

I hope we play the Storm in round 1 next year because Munster won't be there.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:39 pm

Smith again in a grand final doing his best Darius Boyd impersionation and goes missing.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:47 pm

I'm so happy Slater goes out a loser. Didn't deserve a grand final appearance
    WT2K
    WT2K

Post by WT2K on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:52 pm

Congrats cocks. Made my betting account balance healthier. Now I can get back to disliking you Smile
    Ice

Post by Ice on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:59 pm

Slater absolutely should have been there. I hate Qld, the Storm, and for most of his career, Slater, but the way some on here are carrying on is a joke. He tried to milk a penalty from the field goal, "oh no" nobody has ever tried to milk a penalty before....fuck me.....he was actually one of the few Storm who had a dip all game for mine and for the crowd to boo him after the game, get fucked.....comfortably the best FB ever, give him some respect.

You want to give it to someone, give it to Munster....what a scum bag, actually kicks a guy in the back of the head, lucky not to be sent off.

Mighty Fishes, you've obviously had a couple mate, but seriously, Roosters lost the penalty count, Storm got three consecutive in the first half to help them out, couldn't believe it when people on my FB feed were blaming refs for the storms prediciment.

They were simply outplayed today in every facet of the game and to do it with Cronk in his condition in my view was one of the great victories we've seen in many years.

Cooper Cronk, deadset, last week and this week, just a superhuman effort, can anyone see Pearce doing that. Folklore stuff.
    Pain
    Pain

Post by Pain on Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:33 pm

Good win by the roosters. What cronk did was truly amazing.

This premiership doesn't have the off smell of the last couple.
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad on Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:54 pm

@Ice wrote:Slater absolutely should have been there. I hate Qld, the Storm, and for most of his career, Slater, but the way some on here are carrying on is a joke. He tried to milk a penalty from the field goal, "oh no" nobody has ever tried to milk a penalty before....fuck me.....he was actually one of the few Storm who had a dip all game for mine and for the crowd to boo him after the game, get fucked.....comfortably the best FB ever, give him some respect.

You want to give it to someone, give it to Munster....what a scum bag, actually kicks a guy in the back of the head, lucky not to be sent off.

Mighty Fishes, you've obviously had a couple mate, but seriously, Roosters lost the penalty count, Storm got three consecutive in the first half to help them out, couldn't believe it when people on my FB feed were blaming refs for the storms prediciment.

They were simply outplayed today in every facet of the game and to do it with Cronk in his condition in my view was one of the great victories we've seen in many years.

Cooper Cronk, deadset, last week and this week, just a superhuman effort, can anyone see Pearce doing that. Folklore stuff.

Well said Ice - agree with your entire post.

Chooks looked the best team post Origin, they tapered off leading into the finals but stormed home and that GF was utterly dominant.

On Cronk; amazingly gutsy stuff but could they not have just played him as a trainer and had the same effect?
    Probably not I guess and I also think it was the impact it had on the other blokes more than anything else.
    I know if I was slacking off during a match and I looked at the bloke next to me plugging away with a broken scapula......I'd quickly pull my head in and have a fucken go!

One thing I'll say about Pearce, his timing is atrocious.
    2014 - he stuffs up is dropped and Trent Hodkinson (who struggled to make last years wooden spoon team and then Manly's bench this season) happens to fall into a SOO winning team.
    2018 - I'm 99.99% sure he would have partnered Cleary in SOO this year and jagged a series win.
    2018 - a bloke with one arm, who barely made a stat....happens to take his spot in a GF victory.
    Milchy
    Milchy

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017

Post by Milchy on Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:04 pm

Maubbs. Premiership winning no 7.

MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman on Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:08 pm

It shows what rorting the cap can achieve, throw the fkn TPAs out the window

But as usual the NRL is in the back pocket of the least supported team in the league

Fingers crossed they get done for rorting
    Random
    Random

Post by Random on Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:51 am

Strong game by the Roosters to come away with the win. Gutsy performance by Cronk even if his stat line didn't reflect it. I was dead set certain he wouldn't be able to go tonight and not only did he, he lasted longer than I expected.

Didn't think that the Referees had such a crazy impact on the game as I didn't see many harsh penalties blown. I forget who went sliding in against JAC on his try but felt that was lucky to not get called a penalty try. Again no real impact on the game.

Luke Keary finally stepped up, but credit to Cronk again for helping take the pressure off him by being around the general area to keep defences making sure he stays honest. Big example was the field goal. No way was Cronk ever taking the shot, he got the ball on the forth to force a rush up on him and get the ball center field getting it ready for Keary. Another small note, it was Radley? Who Slater tried to get the penalty off of for tripping. Definetly not a trip and when the commentators were there questioning it. I was so upset because he did just plant his foot, and instead of going around Slater drove his knees into the player to milk the trip.

Didn't even realise Hoffman was retiring until the Roosters players bought it up at fulltime. Blake Ferguson has looked good all year, and looked good again tonight. I genuinely had to check his age because I thought he was like 30+ at this point but is only 28.

Another player that went big for mine was Joseph Manu. He helped protect Cronks edge IIRC, and just looked good all game. I didn't watch many Rooster games this year and when I did I just watched Latrell and Tedesco, but dead set Manu had a stellar game tonight, I always thought he was overrated and nothing more than an average winger and didn't rate at center but tonight he was good.

Also there was a little push by Smith on Cronk when he made the pass on the play before FG which wasn't needed. Nothing in it, but just one of those things. I think Smith may go out this year. Similar to Origin he doesn't want to do it when the fans know or expect it and doesn't get fanfare response. Instead let's the likes of Billy and such get the fanfare on their way out.
    Ice

Post by Ice on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:10 am

@Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Well said Ice - agree with your entire post.

Chooks looked the best team post Origin, they tapered off leading into the finals but stormed home and that GF was utterly dominant.

On Cronk; amazingly gutsy stuff but could they not have just played him as a trainer and had the same effect?
    Probably not I guess and I also think it was the impact it had on the other blokes more than anything else.
    I know if I was slacking off during a match and I looked at the bloke next to me plugging away with a broken scapula......I'd quickly pull my head in and have a fucken go!

One thing I'll say about Pearce, his timing is atrocious.
    2014 - he stuffs up is dropped and Trent Hodkinson (who struggled to make last years wooden spoon team and then Manly's bench this season) happens to fall into a SOO winning team.
    2018 - I'm 99.99% sure he would have partnered Cleary in SOO this year and jagged a series win.
    2018 - a bloke with one arm, who barely made a stat....happens to take his spot in a GF victory.

Yep, agree. I think the mental impact of Cronk being there on his teammates would be massive. They'd know they simply couldn't slacken off for a second and they didn't. Conversely, for the storm, they'd be thinking "why can't we bust this line, they've only got half a man at halfback" and that would be frustrating. To be honest, I'm amazed they went at him so rarely and he actually came up with the tackle of the game on NAS on the try line. That was MASSIVE!

I'm over the Rorters talk too, people are so Salty, it's just shit form. Get over it people. I hate the Roosters as much as the next person, but give them their due or shut the fuck up.
    Ice

Post by Ice on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:17 am

Players rating on foxsports gave Keary a 10. I think everyone has got a little carried away with that first try assist to Tupou, which was a cracker, and he did kick relatively well and had to take control because of Cronk, but there is no way you can throw an intercept pass that leads to the oppositions only try and gives them a sniff and be declared as having played the perfect game. 9/10 for mine.

I actually think Teddy was pretty unlucky. His effort to overcall Keary to set up that try on the short side was huge, he ran hard all game for over 200 metres with 2 Try assists. Both worthy.

Current date/time is Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:52 am