NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Finals chat

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Finals chat - Page 19 Empty Re: Finals chat

Post by No Worries Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:08 am

Milchy wrote:
    In the past, Dally M points only determined positional award for the top 3 total points getters (so RTS and Brooks in this case. Ponga misses out because RTS is same position)

After that positional awards were based on committee vote.

I read a report somewhere suggesting Leilua got centre of the year because he had more Dally M points than Latrell/someone else actually good. Not sure if that report was wrong or if they changed the system. Can't find a list of Dally M points past the top 10 to see how it panned out for some of the positions.

I thought I heard it was all positions now ??

Top points for each club
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/dally-m/club-by-club-leading-dally-m-votegetters-for-every-nrl-team/news-story/8c1834bfadf4d7f484c7003d5b86d155

Every vote - round by round
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/dally-m-medal-every-vote-round-by-round/news-story/5a635f0c1f00bf7bee2278dd5d622f01

Post by Guest Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:04 am

Its seriously just a popularity contest.. There was a big name playing they did an offload... ill give them three votes Rolling Eyes

Alvaro was the eels best by far in my opinion and he wasn't even top 5 of his club and two in the top 5 had only 4 points? The fuck outta here

How did RTS get 3 votes in the last round? 100m & one try assist?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:07 am

No Worries wrote:

Top points for each club
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/dally-m/club-by-club-leading-dally-m-votegetters-for-every-nrl-team/news-story/8c1834bfadf4d7f484c7003d5b86d155

Every vote - round by round
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/dally-m-medal-every-vote-round-by-round/news-story/5a635f0c1f00bf7bee2278dd5d622f01
    \

Im actually going to stop reading the round by round its annoying me too much Laugh 3

Post by Guest Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:18 am

Haha, I had to do the same. My poor blood pressure
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:40 am

No Worries wrote:

Yeah, looks like they changed it. Might have done it years ago, I don't follow it that closely
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:00 pm

surmo13 wrote:Lol what? I have to remember who Luke Brooks is before I care enough to get salty about him
    Just saw this, Luke Brooks would actually be an excellent halves partner for Milford. Brooks is a much much better halfback than Nikorima.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:32 pm

I've decided that Roosters have been making out that Cronk's injury is much, much worse than it ever was and it was never in doubt that he plays tomorrow.
    And didn't NRL bring a new team list regime in this year to stop possible advantage from inside info in relation to gambling? That was always a joke but now I'm not sure what bets to have because of this Cronk stuff.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:32 pm

They have to cut the squad down to 19 24 hours before the game I think
    Then they can cut the last 2 an hour before kickoff

Its something like that anyway
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:01 pm

Pieman wrote:They have to cut the squad down to 19 24 hours before the game I think
    Then they can cut the last 2 an hour before kickoff

That's right and after they cut two he's still in the 19.
    "By Saturday night when the Roosters squad was cut from 21 to 19, Cronk was still in the hunt, listed in jersey No.23 alongside Lindsay Collins in the reserves.
    Nat Butcher and Sean O'Sullivan were the two men omitted."

Surely his participation or not influences betting markets and as I previously mentioned the new team list stuff was introduced to help clarify things for betting purposes?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:03 pm

code delta wrote:

That's right and after they cut two he's still in the 19.
    "By Saturday night when the Roosters squad was cut from 21 to 19, Cronk was still in the hunt, listed in jersey No.23 alongside Lindsay Collins in the reserves.
    Nat Butcher and Sean O'Sullivan were the two men omitted."

Surely his participation or not influences betting markets and as I previously mentioned the new team list stuff was introduced to help clarify things for betting purposes?

Surely if Cronk wasn't going to play, they'd have O'Sullivan starting and not Mitch Aubusson, so you'd think he's likely to play based on that

Post by Guest Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:26 pm

Milchy wrote:

Surely if Cronk wasn't going to play, they'd have O'Sullivan starting and not Mitch Aubusson, so you'd think he's likely to play based on that

I think they were trying to play mind games with the storm which is stupid enough in itself but surely if they named Keary and O'Sullivan to start it would have been taken way more seriously in Storm camp than Aubbs at halfback.

If it were O'sullivan and Keary then it was a late change to Cronk that would be more surprising than Aubbs being swapped out to one of the others.

Mind you I think the thing that will throw them the most is actually playing Aubbs there Laugh 3
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:32 pm

Milchy wrote:

That's part of the game they are playing. Matterson moves into the halves and Aubs to the bench and O'Sullivan and Cronk out.
    Still think Cronk injury overrated and he plays.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:44 am

Pieman wrote:
    Just saw this, Luke Brooks would actually be an excellent halves partner for Milford. Brooks is a much much better halfback than Nikorima.

Yeah I couldn't be fucked responding to people with no idea.

Is he the best half back in the comp = no
    Was he the best this year = yes

All the better halves were out injured for half the year or in Cronks case were still settling in. Simple people get confused that an award for the best player that year doesn't mean they're the best ever.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:12 am

Didnt Pearce play 10 less games then Brooks and almost win the Dally M? Surely that puts him as the best halfback this year?

Mind you i hate the Dally M system. Keep the name but go towards the NFL MVP system where a certain number of media, ex players, coaches ect vote at the end of the season for the best player.

I dont think Cronk plays, Matterson will start at half
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:23 am

Shanbon wrote:Didnt Pearce play 10 less games then Brooks and almost win the Dally M? Surely that puts him as the best halfback this year?

Mind you i hate the Dally M system. Keep the name but go towards the NFL MVP system where a certain number of media, ex players, coaches ect vote at the end of the season for the best player.

I dont think Cronk plays, Matterson will start at half

If awarded to Pearce ahead of Brooks we'd end up with the same furore that we got when Slater won the Wally Lewis medal...

Look as I said previously just copy the AFL.....because it works
    Ref's award the 3-2-1 each week and a panel picks the best team at the end of the year.
    Simples

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:29 am

Tough one to pick if Cronk plays or not.

Cutting O'Sullivan from the squad indicates Cronk plays but the fact he wasn't in the captains run indicates he doesn't.

Either way I think Storm win - Slater to pull off a try saving shoulder charge at the death to seal it.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:34 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

If awarded to Pearce ahead of Brooks we'd end up with the same furore that we got when Slater won the Wally Lewis medal...

Look as I said previously just copy the AFL.....because it works
    Ref's award the 3-2-1 each week and a panel picks the best team at the end of the year.
    Simples

absolutely
    also maybe the players show a bit more respect towards the refs if the know the refs are voting for the dally m player of the year
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:38 pm

Shanbon wrote:Didnt Pearce play 10 less games then Brooks and almost win the Dally M? Surely that puts him as the best halfback this year?

alf

pearce prob is the best halfback in the comp in club land now that thurston is gone... Shocked

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:07 pm

Fuck me these refs are desperate to get the Roosters up

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:13 pm

The drought is over! :p

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:04 am