NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL Fantasy Thread Part 4

RandomSil
    RandomSil

NFL Fantasy Thread Part 4 - Page 45 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 4

Post by RandomSil Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:20 am

Yeah then Cameron Brate threw those projections out the f'in window

Post by Guest Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:20 am

looks like JStevens is getting the 4th spot, unless Cousins somehow goes for less than .7

as an aside, i don't know who that teams belong to here, but go get yourself a lottery ticket, currently dead last in the league in points scored and overall record (53-90) for an actual record of 7-6, about to go to 8-6 and into the playoffs

actually, looking at the standings, the current two lowest scoring teams in the league will occupy half of the playoff spots Laughing
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:34 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

That just seems bizarre to me - I would have thought the aim of the game is to have the best starting 9 possible by the trade deadline to give you the best possible chance of winning the whole thing. Whats the point in having depth when the season comes down to one or two H2H matchups. Those guys just become wasted when they could have been used to improve your 9. But as I said Im relatively new to this and haven't won one of these leagues yet in 3 years playing so what do I know Smile

Don't get me wrong, I think depth is important, but its situation dependent, and certainly doesn't help you much when the season reaches the end.

I get the matchup thing, I did that for the first half of the season bouncing between TY, Gordon, Tate and Ridley as my 2nd WR. But if you can find the right trade, you can go from picking between 1 of 4 top 20 WRs to nailing down a top 10 guy and be way better off, albeit at a far greater injury risk...

Anyway, I agree, its bloody good fun.

Yeah but, yeah but.... no what im saying is, that if ur 9 id already good, then u hoard to ur best ability. Not that ur 9 is ever set in Nfl fantasy. Have the best backups for injury, form, prime handcuffs, trade bait and trade power etc.

Looks like Cook and Diggs should hold off Welshys last dig in Baldwin today, if he plays.
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:07 am

surmo13 wrote:looks like JStevens is getting the 4th spot, unless Cousins somehow goes for less than .7

as an aside, i don't know who that teams belong to here, but go get yourself a lottery ticket, currently dead last in the league in points scored and overall record (53-90) for an actual record of 7-6, about to go to 8-6 and into the playoffs

actually, looking at the standings, the current two lowest scoring teams in the league will occupy half of the playoff spots Laughing

I was sweating facing Pacey or Jag in the first week of playoffs honestly, so I'm pretty happy with this projected playoff schedule. Thought Pacey had it wrapped up early yesterday morning with Reed out, Jones not starting and Ryan appearing to shit the bed, but the Cowboys pulled through for me in a big way. Pacey managed to cop both of my wrecking ball scores this season! I thought you played the waivers the best this season along with ryno and you're very unlucky not to make the playoffs imo
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:35 am

Revraiser wrote:

Yeah but, yeah but.... no what im saying is, that if ur 9 id already good, then u hoard to ur best ability. Not that ur 9 is ever set in Nfl fantasy. Have the best backups for injury, form, prime handcuffs, trade bait and trade power etc.

Looks like Cook and Diggs should hold off Welshys last dig in Baldwin today, if he plays.

Yup, I can certainly see that mindset. I guess what Im saying is that at a certain point in the season, my risk taking mentality kicks in, and Im happy to ditch my depth in order to upgrade my 9 as much as possible. The risk is of course that you have a late injury and no-one to cover, but in L1 I viewed that as my only shot at winning the league having to beat Deuces and then likely Mearcats back to back.

For me the way it played out was that my 9 (excluding D and QB where I did keep some depth but only via waivers) was by far and away better than anything on my bench. So considered it set in stone barring injury. Now I've just got to wait and see if Breida is back in time for the playoffs of if my strategy falls over in week 1 Smile

Either way, my season has gone well and I dont think I could have done any more.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:00 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:
    Revraiser wrote:

Yup, I can certainly see that mindset. I guess what Im saying is that at a certain point in the season, my risk taking mentality kicks in, and Im happy to ditch my depth in order to upgrade my 9 as much as possible. The risk is of course that you have a late injury and no-one to cover, but in L1 I viewed that as my only shot at winning the league having to beat Deuces and then likely Mearcats back to back.

For me the way it played out was that my 9 (excluding D and QB where I did keep some depth but only via waivers) was by far and away better than anything on my bench. So considered it set in stone barring injury. Now I've just got to wait and see if Breida is back in time for the playoffs of if my strategy falls over in week 1 Smile

Either way, my season has gone well and I dont think I could have done any more.

You could have done less and had the same damn effect as well.

But really it's my fault for trying to play Fitzmagic and Winston half the year.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:05 pm

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:

I was sweating facing Pacey or Jag in the first week of playoffs honestly, so I'm pretty happy with this projected playoff schedule. Thought Pacey had it wrapped up early yesterday morning with Reed out, Jones not starting and Ryan appearing to shit the bed, but the Cowboys pulled through for me in a big way. Pacey managed to cop both of my wrecking ball scores this season! I thought you played the waivers the best this season along with ryno and you're very unlucky not to make the playoffs imo

Thanks mate. I thought I was some chance mid morning but your players were way too good for me. A little disappointing in just missing the playoffs but this being my first year, my only goal was to not embarrass myself, and I think I did OK picking up 7 wins. I really enjoyed doing this and hopefully I will be a little bit wiser and looking forward to next year. Good luck to everyone in the playoffs in both Leagues 1 and 2 and may the best team/teams win.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:49 pm

That it certainly is @Random. I would've given ya Cousins for a pittance following Mahomes bye
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:06 pm

Sorry i haven't been around much lately lads, change of role and out of my own office so haven't had the free time as much lately

Embarrassing season from my self in L1 and rightly demoted into L2 after a winless season!

Congrats to league winner and those advancing into the playoff semi finals
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:01 am

ryno_ wrote:

Theyve been getting lit up this year. Outside last week against the Colts, you have to go back to week 1 for their last good game.

The Sanchez effect pretty evident v the Giants huh (I just didnt expect him to be so bad they'd pull him completely haha)

That being said, Jags D rated 1 in fantasy pros consensus rankings for this week so a decent pick up from waivers by the looks!
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:08 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:
    The Sanchez effect pretty evident v the Giants huh (I just didnt expect him to be so bad they'd pull him completely haha)

That being said, Jags D rated 1 in fantasy pros consensus rankings for this week so a decent pick up from waivers by the looks!

Avatar bet you until real life playoffs that Jags wont be in the top 6 DST on the week?

Post by Guest Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:21 pm

The Falcons D will be number 1 this week Wink
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:37 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Avatar bet you until real life playoffs that Jags wont be in the top 6 DST on the week?
    Yeah mate for sure. Bit confused about the terms though. I've been touting the Jags as a good pickup for week 15 (first week of our playoffs). Bets on if its based on this coming week and being in the top 6. That's the only reason I picked them up off waivers!
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:
    Yeah mate for sure. Bit confused about the terms though. I've been touting the Jags as a good pickup for week 15 (first week of our playoffs). Bets on if its based on this coming week and being in the top 6. That's the only reason I picked them up off waivers!

Yep - this week only, top 6 in points scored.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:01 pm

That’s a pretty even bet I think. What’s your reasoning Ryno?
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:13 am

RnT winning by 2 points last week was a huge relief! Skin of my teeth but I'll take it. Good luck to everyone this week Smile
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:45 am

ryno_ wrote:

Yep - this week only, top 6 in points scored.

To be honest I don't usually bet with people (as opposed to betting agencies) unless I am pretty sure I will win. This one is a toss up, simply because DST scoring is so unpredictable.

That being said I agree with Krump, the bet is a pretty fair one, so I'll go with how I was leaning and take the bet Smile Its even more of a toss up now that my man Sanchez isn't starting. I just hope the Jags turn up and get excited about having a crack at a first time starting QB.

100% agree with your point though ryno, Jags D have underperformed by a long way this year based on expectations! A real disappointment!

Anyway, game on Smile
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:46 am

StuDogg101 wrote:RnT winning by 2 points last week was a huge relief! Skin of my teeth but I'll take it. Good luck to everyone this week Smile

u r welcome mate Smile
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:47 am

Hey, so no-one wanted any of the RBs on offer this week? I set my waivers hoping to get one, then checked to see I could get all 3. I know Henry has been on and off this year and is TD dependent, but I fully expected someone to take him...
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:14 pm

Krump wrote:That’s a pretty even bet I think. What’s your reasoning Ryno?

Jags been on a down trend all year.
    Redskins are terrible but very conservative.
    Nothing game, often leads to blow-outs.

May the best man win!

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:13 am