NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL Fantasy Thread Part 4

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

NFL Fantasy Thread Part 4 - Page 38 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 4

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:00 pm

Shanbon wrote:

I get why he did it, not wanting to risk injury before getting the long term deal, but i can only think overal his value isnt anywhere near what he thinks. He has always had off-field issues, injuries and now a supposedly inferior player is putting up better numbers then him and the team is is in a better overall position without him might show while he has the skill it was really helped by the system and team around him. I cant imagine he'd be as good behind Houstens o-line or with the Bills QB's

He will get paid but i think he would have gotten more if he had played out this year from the start

Agree mate, he's completely balls'd this one up - probably got some very bad advice along the way. A number of people overvalue RBs in this league, the least of which, RBs themselves. All he has achieved this season is making everyone realise he isn't worth as much as he thought he was worth.... As you say, Connor has had a beast of a season, but to be honest, IMO, he actually isn't that good (just shows what a decent RB can do in a good system with a good QB and decent O-line).
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:02 am

Shanbon wrote:

I get why he did it, not wanting to risk injury before getting the long term deal, but i can only think overal his value isnt anywhere near what he thinks. He has always had off-field issues, injuries and now a supposedly inferior player is putting up better numbers then him and the team is is in a better overall position without him might show while he has the skill it was really helped by the system and team around him. I cant imagine he'd be as good behind Houstens o-line or with the Bills QB's

He will get paid but i think he would have gotten more if he had played out this year from the start

I thought this article was very interesting; https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-leveon-bell-might-make-more-money-if-he-ends-his-holdout-now/

TLDR;

538 wrote:If Bell is able to land a contract worth more than Todd Gurley’s, for a total guaranteed contract value of $55 million, holding out becomes a profitable decision.

It's written at week 2, assumes that his holdout ended yesterday and he starts cashing 6 weeks of checks at $95k/week, so make the figure 55.6 to make up for lost earnings this year.

Good on him for backing himself and his value. I think he's done the right thing, coming off the back of a 400+ touch season a long break will be good for his wellness and could help extend his career further then 1 extra year on a franchise tag. Especially if the Steelers made the decision to move on from Bell, they'd run him into the ground this season and potentially ruin him.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:54 am

I can't see him getting near Gurley's money. Who's even got that much cap space to spend on a RB next year? Jets?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:59 am

And Indy
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:32 am

Mearcats wrote:And Indy

Indy have Mack on a rookie contract, they'd be dumb to go to Bell. They could buy an entire DB line for that much.

Jets and Oakland will have the most cap space. Im taking Ravens as a smokey - their RBs are off contract, theyll ditch Flacco and Harbaugh this offseason, have the extra cap space that a rookie QB brings (Jackson is on a 5 year deal aswell) and Bell would get to play Steelers twice a year. Plus he'd have a chance at a ring there.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:13 am

Why do trades take so long? Can we get them pushed through more quickly?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:24 am

I know it's unlikely but he could be picked up by the Eagles. I mean there team is stacked already in the right places, they could chase defensive pieces in the draft.

Now I am not completely upto date with the NFL salary cap stuff but I believe they could drop Foles or renegotiate with him and Howie doesn't mind splurging on RBs after chasing Ajayi.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:26 am

Pain wrote:Why do trades take so long? Can we get them pushed through more quickly?

It is meant to give everyone a chance to review it and avoid collusion. But Welshy should be able to force it through early. Which I have no problem, and should happen as one player plays Friday.
    Pain
    Pain

Post by Pain Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:42 am

Random wrote:

It is meant to give everyone a chance to review it and avoid collusion. But Welshy should be able to force it through early. Which I have no problem, and should happen as one player plays Friday.

Yep that would be cool if possible
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:53 am

I'm also ok with it being pushed
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:41 pm

Anyone in L2 want Gordon? Im looking for an RB
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Cant believe Seahawks are still in this game considering how bad Wilson has been, missed so many easy throws
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:14 pm

Dont get some of the trades being proposed in our L1, but each to their own. Ru ok @Pain ?
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:25 pm

Who in L1 has Jimmy Graham, and what r u planning to do with him?

Thankfully I benched him today after a season of disappointment, but pending his injury I’m loathe to keep him around. Thoughts?
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:29 pm

Shanbon wrote:Anyone in L2 want Gordon? Im looking for an RB

Everyone’s looking for RBs in L2.

Everyone but Ryno and Shanbon that is.
    Pain
    Pain

Post by Pain Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:16 pm

Revraiser wrote:Dont get some of the trades being proposed in our L1, but each to their own. Ru ok @Pain ?

Yep all good, other than being 3-7. Just want to take some chances and mix it up. Sell high etc...
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:57 am

BroncHose wrote:

I'm feeling pretty set too with Aaron Jones and Kerryon getting the touches they deserve, Zeke handcuffed and Mixon's workload increasing without AJG

I'm light on WRs but with RBs so in demand I don't think I'd trade any of them for anything but a top of the line set and forget WR1. Wouldn't trade Zeke for anything now that Amari is making his job easier
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:35 pm

BroncHose wrote:Who in L1 has Jimmy Graham, and what r u planning to do with him?

Thankfully I benched him today after a season of disappointment, but pending his injury I’m loathe to keep him around. Thoughts?

i’ve got him but i’ve also got Njoku so can afford to sit. was on the verge of trading one or the other last week, so cant decide if i got very lucky or very unlucky.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:54 pm

BroncHose wrote:

Im happy to let one or 2 of them go. Only offer I've received is for Ben R but my current QB is second only to Mahomes over the last 6 weeks (avg 28) so it was an easy no.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:45 am

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:

I'm feeling pretty set too with Aaron Jones and Kerryon getting the touches they deserve, Zeke handcuffed and Mixon's workload increasing without AJG

I'm light on WRs but with RBs so in demand I don't think I'd trade any of them for anything but a top of the line set and forget WR1. Wouldn't trade Zeke for anything now that Amari is making his job easier

I think the drop off from the top WRs is much bigger then the top RBs especially in consistency. 

Now the byes are finished no point holding someone who won’t play when you could get an upgrade at a position you must play. 

I don’t think Mixon and Kerryon are worth WR1s by themselves

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:31 am