NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Origin Game 3 Match Thread

Pieman

Re: Origin Game 3 Match Thread

Post by Pieman on Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:49 am

How is no one mentioning the biggest thing that cost NSW the game - the Crichton non draw and pass. If he gives that to roberts, roberts scores in the corner and NSW likely go on to win the game.

Sims... fuck me. He should never have been there in the first place. That penalty... fuck me dead.

That award to slater.... good god. What an absolute shitshow of a decision. Disgusting. Cook or Tedesco clearly were NSW best in all 3 games and NSW won the series. So fuck me. Tommy Trbo had a better series than Slater. Slater played about 25mins of amazing footy all up across the entire series. And they lost. Far out.

Munster is clearly a fullback, will be interesting to see who gets the gig over him or ponga. Surely munster takes slaters fb spot in melb when hes done.

NSW defence was amazing for the most part, just amazing. They should have kicked on after they scored those tries with 12.

Sims to never play for NSW again, shouldnt have been there in the first place.
    Big question mark over James Roberts now too - the guy did nothing all series, looked iffy in defence a lot too. Do they look to aitken or ttrbo at centre for next season?

Cant wait to see the QLD loyalty policy kick in again next year when they put and absolute broom through the side.

MrCashman

Post by MrCashman on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:43 am

Embarrassing that Slater won man of the series, Cook should have won that
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman on Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:49 am

I'm sick to death of hearing Gus talking non stop, gees he over does it

Why in the FK did Crichton not pass, what on earth was Klemmer thinking with that trip, was a certainty to score.

Val Holmes should be in 2nd slip for Australia, awesome effort

Ice

Post by Ice on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:01 am

Yep, that was a balls up from Angus, no doubt.

I feel for Billy and the Blues because of the Wally Lewis medal controversy. It has overshadowed the end to a great career and a great series.

As to talk of a new dynasty, NSW people engaging in that sort of discussion are getting waaaaaaay of themselves. I think Qld were very solid this series and they still have a spine that is every bit as good as ours next year and their pack can match and better ours on any given night also.

So pumped with the series win but planning for next year should commence immediately and if Freddie completely rests in his laurels with that side, we will hand it right back to Qld next year.

Players that have to come into consideration are Cotric, James, TPJr will be getting closer, obviously RCG comes back, probably at the expense of Vaughan, then we need to consider who might eventually partner Cleary in the halves.

Qld will have a likely spine of
    Ponga
    Munster
    DCE
    Hunt

With Morgan back filling the utility and likely firing once Thurston retires and he is the main guy. I can't see where too many per changes will be made to their side to be honest.

Ice

Post by Ice on Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:02 am

@MrCashman wrote:I'm sick to death of hearing Gus talking non stop, gees he over does it

Why in the FK did Crichton not pass, what on earth was Klemmer thinking with that trip, was a certainty to score.

Val Holmes should be in 2nd slip for Australia, awesome effort

Yep, I'd say the Klemmer trip was absolutely the biggest brain explosion and most costly error in recent Origin memory, even worse than Sims' stupid effort.

Ice

Post by Ice on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Daley has come out and told people not to question his integrity regarding the Dlater decision. Bhahaha, mate nobody is questioning your integrity, we are and continue to question your ability to judge the best performances and select the right players across a three game series.

He is saying he understands NSW people might be upset blah blah blah. Nobody is upset, but to a man, woman and child NSW and Qld commentators, journos and fans disagree with the decision.
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:33 pm

@Ice wrote:Daley has come out and told people not to question his integrity regarding the Dlater decision. Bhahaha, mate nobody is questioning your integrity, we are and continue to question your ability to judge the best performances and select the right players across a three game series.

He is saying he understands NSW people might be upset blah blah blah. Nobody is upset, but to a man, woman and child NSW and Qld commentators, journos and fans disagree with the decision.

You forgot to mention Slater. Not only was he embaressed and lost for words trying to praise more worthy recipients without being disrespectful, but it cheapens the time when he actully did win it. Did anyone think of that when they concocted this fairytale ?
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:44 pm

It just goes to show Origin is all about QLD
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:54 pm

100% if I'm Slater I'm calling Tedesco or Cook and giving them the medal because I know I didn't earn it.
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:59 pm

Brisbane have won 15 straight under Sutton, he just assumed it was them playing when he showed up to Suncorp.
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo on Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:58 pm

You can sort of see the logic in the Slater award. He probably brought more to the team than anyone else on the park. The difference between having him there and not was VAST.

BUT (before i get torn a new one), Cook was easily the player of the series. Had QLD cut to pieces in game one, and forced QLD to change their game plans in Game 2 just to compensate. THAT hasn't been done in a while. Didn't have much impact in Game 3 for mine, but that's due to the extra attention he was getting. That SHOULD have freed up things on the edge in theory, but NSW were completely gassed, and it didn't eventuate.

Got to say that was a crushing first half by QLD. Couldn't score to save themselves, but holy crap, they dominated everything else!!
    Pieman

Post by Pieman on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:37 am

@dasherhalo wrote:You can sort of see the logic in the Slater award. He probably brought more to the team than anyone else on the park. The difference between having him there and not was VAST.

BUT (before i get torn a new one), Cook was easily the player of the series. Had QLD cut to pieces in game one, and forced QLD to change their game plans in Game 2 just to compensate. THAT hasn't been done in a while. Didn't have much impact in Game 3 for mine, but that's due to the extra attention he was getting. That SHOULD have freed up things on the edge in theory, but NSW were completely gassed, and it didn't eventuate.

Got to say that was a crushing first half by QLD. Couldn't score to save themselves, but holy crap, they dominated everything else!!
    that NSW defence before/when maloney was binned was legendary.

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:54 am

1st half effort was brilliant, with everything going in QLDs favor, to go in with a lead was an awesome effort

shot ourselves in the footy in the 2nd half, klemmer trip and sims penalty were inexcusanle error, Crichton not passing was up there to. but also just a few silly errors that were unforced, we needed possession to be more in our favor if we were gonna have the energy to win that and we didn't allow that

QLD were on a whole the better side and deserved the win, pretty happy with the fact thats its now nsw that can be on the back foot for the majority but still have a chance to win it, its been the other way for so many years.

slater getting player of the series is a bit of a joke but i feel the outrage is over the top, its undeserved but no one will really care who won that award in a few years so i'm still very meh about the whole thing. its just going to the next level for all the rubbish man of the match decisions in recent origins/test and grand finals. they just rarely get it right, probably never been this wrong but i don't feel for the punters who are that much of a mug to bet on it
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ on Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:15 am

@dasherhalo wrote:You can sort of see the logic in the Slater award. He probably brought more to the team than anyone else on the park. The difference between having him there and not was VAST.

Given the voting works 4-3-2-1, you can see how Slater won it. Too many NSW players stealing points from each other. There's no consensus NSW best player, but its hard to see any QLDers being judged as better then Billy.

Current date/time is Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:34 pm