NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Share
    avatar
    Milchy
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 8370
    Reputation : 3004
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by Milchy on Sat May 26, 2018 9:49 am


    My only half cover is Brock Lamb, so if Matterson is out in screwed this week
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 5095
    Reputation : 601
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Sat May 26, 2018 9:52 am

    So if Matterson is out I have two options.

    Swap in Brimson and hope for a try.

    Or move Walker up to HLF and lock in Lamb/Soro > Fonua as my one trade and play Fonua in WFB

    Thoughts?
    avatar
    bluetige

    Posts : 1996
    Reputation : 644
    Join date : 2015-12-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by bluetige on Sat May 26, 2018 9:56 am

    Those worried about Matterson withdrawing from tonights game I have a theory and it starts like this.
    The last 6 or so weeks I have been making plans to purchase certain players depending on their price and BE. Unfortunately for me the week before I am salivating at bringing them in they suddenly score big usually scoring a try as well. It looks like I am trading in players by chasing last weeks score even though I had planned to buy them anyway.

    It started with Masters, thinking I could get a sneaky POD but bang he has a big one and brings attention to himself in round 8. Then it happened with Fifita, Critchton, Brimson and last night Smithy (who I want to buy after the bye round). Why couldn't these inconsiderate a** holes at least wait 1 week.

    I have this knack of getting players to score well the week before I buy them, so that's why I think Matterson will play and score big as I plan to buy him next week. Panic no longer Matterson owners.
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1948
    Reputation : 360
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by surmo13 on Sat May 26, 2018 10:02 am

    guess i'll be getting Martin's 29 then, not great, but not the worst either
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 5095
    Reputation : 601
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Sat May 26, 2018 10:03 am

    So in regards to my last post.

    Play Brimson for Matterson or use a trade and play Fonua for Matterson?

    Hmmmm
    avatar
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 2049
    Reputation : 975
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by Pookus McFly on Sat May 26, 2018 10:05 am

    @bluetige wrote:Those worried about Matterson withdrawing from tonights game I have a theory and it starts like this.
    The last 6 or so weeks I have been making plans to purchase certain players depending on their price and BE. Unfortunately for me the week before I am salivating at bringing them in they suddenly score big usually scoring a try as well. It looks like I am trading in players by chasing last weeks score even though I had planned to buy them anyway.

    It started with Masters, thinking I could get a sneaky POD but bang he has a big one and brings attention to himself in round 8. Then it happened with Fifita, Critchton, Brimson and last night Smithy (who I want to buy after the bye round). Why couldn't these inconsiderate a** holes at least wait 1 week.

    I have this knack of getting players to score well the week before I buy them, so that's why I think Matterson will play and score big as I plan to buy him next week. Panic no longer Matterson owners.

    Can you make plans to bring in Surgess next week? Laughing
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 5095
    Reputation : 601
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Sat May 26, 2018 10:11 am

    Does anyone cheap benefit from a Matterson no show?

    Perhaps Radley? Over the next few weeks?
    avatar
    Chucky

    Posts : 1010
    Reputation : 365
    Join date : 2015-10-01
    Age : 49
    Location : NSW

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by Chucky on Sat May 26, 2018 10:17 am

    This Matterson speculation is a royal pain.
    I had planned to upgrade JFH to him to cover Koroisau’s absence.
    Problem is I’ll be on the golf course when teams are announced.
    I have Brimson and Cogger as cover, or I could get Cleary instead.
    Maybe I could play Lamb and have a look how Brimson scores first?
    avatar
    Rabbit

    Posts : 1583
    Reputation : 881
    Join date : 2016-03-15
    Age : 98
    Location : Fishing, golfing or trolling.

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by Rabbit on Sat May 26, 2018 10:19 am

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Does anyone cheap benefit from a Matterson no show?

    Perhaps Radley? Over the next few weeks?

    Aubbs cheer
    avatar
    Rabbit

    Posts : 1583
    Reputation : 881
    Join date : 2016-03-15
    Age : 98
    Location : Fishing, golfing or trolling.

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by Rabbit on Sat May 26, 2018 10:20 am

    Me too. I’m off to golf. Let the fantasy cards fall as they may.
    avatar
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 2049
    Reputation : 975
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by Pookus McFly on Sat May 26, 2018 10:22 am

    Supercoach is weird. I played it for the first time this year, and give it next to no time.
    My team already has the best possible players in each position and I still have 20 trades left. I could have bye-planned better but overall i'm not even terrible in that department.
    My team scores ~1200+ points every week and I am not sure if that is even good or bad because I have no frame of reference.

    'Tis a silly place.
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 5095
    Reputation : 601
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Sat May 26, 2018 10:25 am

    @Rabbit wrote:

    Aubbs cheer

    You speak my language Rabs. Surely too risky though Wink
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 5095
    Reputation : 601
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Sat May 26, 2018 10:27 am

    @Chucky wrote:This Matterson speculation is a royal pain.
    I had planned to upgrade JFH to him to cover Koroisau’s absence.
    Problem is I’ll be on the golf course when teams are announced.
    I have Brimson and Cogger as cover, or I could get Cleary instead.  
    Maybe I could play Lamb and have a look how Brimson scores first?

    I'm leaning to chucking Lamb up there and having a look at Brimson.
    Stupid Matterson
    avatar
    Pain

    Posts : 2587
    Reputation : 671
    Join date : 2015-07-30

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by Pain on Sat May 26, 2018 10:29 am

    @Pookus McFly wrote:Supercoach is weird. I played it for the first time this year, and give it next to no time.
    My team already has the best possible players in each position and I still have 20 trades left. I could have bye-planned better but overall i'm not even terrible in that department.
    My team scores ~1200+ points every week and I am not sure if that is even good or bad because I have no frame of reference.

    'Tis a silly place.

    I'm really disappointed with my AFL Supercoach experience this year. Cant tell whos playing or not. Live scores don't exist. App is terrible.

    I know less about NFL but far more enjoy playing NFL fantasy.
    avatar
    bluetige

    Posts : 1996
    Reputation : 644
    Join date : 2015-12-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by bluetige on Sat May 26, 2018 10:31 am

    @Pookus McFly wrote:

    Can you make plans to bring in Surgess next week? Laughing

    I'll let you know
    avatar
    wolfking
    Fanatic

    Posts : 10914
    Reputation : 1897
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 34
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by wolfking on Sat May 26, 2018 10:49 am

    Maybe if the Matterson news is true, Im thinking maybe he is just being rested after 2 HIA's in 2 weeks? Dunno just a thought.
    avatar
    WT2K

    Posts : 1473
    Reputation : 183
    Join date : 2018-03-25
    Location : Sydney

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by WT2K on Sat May 26, 2018 11:21 am

    Looks like I'll be fucked if matto rumours are true. Lamb only back up. Ah well, leave it with the fantasy gods whilst I'm at work
    avatar
    Weiland

    Posts : 321
    Reputation : 57
    Join date : 2018-03-13

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by Weiland on Sat May 26, 2018 11:43 am

    If Matterson is out I guess my best ploy would be to move JMK to the halves and stick Fonua onto the wing.
    avatar
    filthridden
    Moderator

    Posts : 6025
    Reputation : 1810
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by filthridden on Sat May 26, 2018 11:50 am

    Good thing we find out about Matterson early!

    Brimson comes in for me. Other option is Cogger but he will probably score shit.
    Problem is using Brimson means no more WFB cover.

    Worth the risk, assuming Matterson is out.
    avatar
    Blain

    Posts : 290
    Reputation : 37
    Join date : 2017-07-19

    Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 47

    Post by Blain on Sat May 26, 2018 11:55 am

    Yeah bloody should have just got Smith in this week, held off for after the bye, but will be trading him in for someone not playing next week (JFH/Kikau/RFM), but held off to kick the tyres another week or so.. Will cost me $40k, but missed the points which I needed this week for my H2H Sad

    Ah well, shit happens. Who would you guys play out of Kikau, RFM or Martin? Can play 2. I'm thinking the first 2, I can see Martin getting benched for Elliott at some stage. Kikau is explosive enough to score bigger with shorter minutes?

    Also, how about trading Kikau to Ese'ese? POD, round 13, putting up some solid numbers all season. Have completely missed him, but thinking he could be valuable leading up to round 17. More than Kikau anyway.

      Current date/time is Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:47 pm