NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

the storm/manly fight

leaguegod

the storm/manly fight Empty the storm/manly fight

Post by leaguegod Mon May 21, 2018 8:39 am

firstly, balls up by the nrl re the sin bin. regardless of why it happened, the nrl needs to make sure it can't happen again. as vossy said, its a 2 billion dollars sport, just pay someone $200 a game for the sole responsibility of getting the timing right if you have to.

tho i can't see why the bunker can't control it, eg players goes off with 26:01 left in the half, player comes on with 16:01 left, no need for manual time keeping.

but re the fight, scott is copping a bit for his punch, he deserves, idiotic move. but i don't understand how korisau's punched is deemed a lesser infringement both by the ref and MRP, i guess the MRP takes walker's injury into account but to me, atleast walker and scott were face to face, api was a bigger coward hitting scott from the side like he did. he should have at the very atleast got the same on field punishment as scott, shouldn't he?
    Dip

the storm/manly fight Empty Re: the storm/manly fight

Post by Dip Mon May 21, 2018 9:14 am

No the MRP is always 100% right in their decisions. At least that's what has been insinuated be quite a few people on social media about another controversial decision from the weekend.

I didn't see the issue with timing and match clock. Was the issue that the refs didn't call time off in the match so Korisau left the field when the clock was almost 2 minutes after when Walker was sin-binned? If it was it indicates Peranara has a problem with this part of his reffing. With about 2 minutes to go until half time in the Broncos Storm match and the Broncos on attack he let Smith question him about penalties for about a minute without stopping the game clock .Agree with LG though. I can't see why the bunker can't do this. Amateur hour.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 21, 2018 9:18 am

The bunker can't physically prevent/allow people from entering the field.

Any timing decision they make would have to be relayed to a man on the ground. That person is presumably completely capable of telling the time and could do the job adequately, as long as it is made clear in advance what his job is
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon May 21, 2018 9:35 am

As someone who got paid $50 to run the scoreboard for 3 games (1 NRL) which includes 4 time clocks to cover send offs and game time with the only form of "official" communication between you and the NRL your mobile phone. It's scary how amateur the NRL is.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon May 21, 2018 9:51 am

Dip wrote:No the MRP is always 100% right in their decisions. At least that's what has been insinuated be quite a few people on social media about another controversial decision from the weekend.

I didn't see the issue with timing and match clock. Was the issue that the refs didn't call time off in the match so Korisau left the field when the clock was almost 2 minutes after when Walker was sin-binned? If it was it indicates Peranara has a problem with this part of his reffing. With about 2 minutes to go until half time in the Broncos Storm match and the Broncos on attack he let Smith question him about penalties for about a minute without stopping the game clock .Agree with LG though. I can't see why the bunker can't do this. Amateur hour.

i was actually mainly talking about the ref as i know MRP take injury into account. i don't know how the bunker deemed one a cowards punch and send off and one an ordinary punch when the ordinary one came to a guy not even looking at him to side of his head

i don't think it had anything to do with the ref calling time out, apparently the nrl official who was timing ended up having to also deal with a HIA issue and the fucked up somewhere down the line in doing both those jobs

@milchow, the bunker communicate with the refs easily, why can't they also communicate with the nrl official re when to let them back on ?

ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon May 21, 2018 9:52 am

Why can't the clubs interchange officials control it? You dont even need a stopwatch, just hand the peanut in the sin bin and sheet of paper with the time he's allowed back on written on it and he can stare at that time stamp for 10 minutes.

I think having it controlled by the clubs and not the NRL officials is more appropriate.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 21, 2018 10:00 am

leaguegod wrote:
    @milchow, the bunker communicate with the refs easily, why can't they also communicate with the nrl official re when to let them back on ?

My point is not that the bunker can't do it. its just that its a needless step in the process.

If the current official, or whoever was in charge on Saturday, can't count 10 miuntes on a clock, I don't see how having him mic'd up to the bunker is going to make things clearer.
    Unless its because it makes things take longer because the bunker forgets to tell the guy his 10 minutes are up.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon May 21, 2018 10:04 am

leaguegod wrote:

i was actually mainly talking about the ref as i know MRP take injury into account. i don't know how the bunker deemed one a cowards punch and send off and one an ordinary punch when the ordinary one came to a guy not even looking at him to side of his head

i don't think it had anything to do with the ref calling time out, apparently the nrl official who was timing ended up having to also deal with a HIA issue and the fucked up somewhere down the line in doing both those jobs

Back to your original question, the only thing I can think of is that they deemed Scott's as being worse as he started it.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon May 21, 2018 10:06 am

ryno_ wrote:Why can't the clubs interchange officials control it? You dont even need a stopwatch, just hand the peanut in the sin bin and sheet of paper with the time he's allowed back on written on it and he can stare at that time stamp for 10 minutes.

I think having it controlled by the clubs and not the NRL officials is more appropriate.

agree re not needing a stop watch. seems pretty easy to just look at the clock when they are sent, add 10 mins exactly. then come back on
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Mon May 21, 2018 10:08 am

Dip wrote:

Back to your original question, the only thing I can think of is that they deemed Scott's as being worse as he started it.

maybe, i would just think a punch on guy not expecting it is the same as a punch on a guy not expecting it regardless of the timing
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon May 21, 2018 4:46 pm

leaguegod wrote:

maybe, i would just think a punch on guy not expecting it is the same as a punch on a guy not expecting it regardless of the timing

They both still threw punches, it all comes back to what injury did it cause. which is wrong.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Mon May 21, 2018 5:11 pm

First time in a while I've actually seen a few punches land, too. Most "fights" these days look like synchronized epilepsy, or handbags at 5 paces....
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon May 21, 2018 6:10 pm

No Worries wrote:As someone who got paid $50 to run the scoreboard for 3 games (1 NRL) which includes 4 time clocks to cover send offs and game time with the only form of "official" communication between you and the NRL your mobile phone. It's scary how amateur the NRL is.

Leichhardt?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon May 21, 2018 9:08 pm

They should have cracked down on Api - that was fucking shocking.
    Im ok with the Walker sin bin - he is a niggler and provoked Scott.
    Scott should have got more than 2 weeks though.

MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Mon May 21, 2018 10:46 pm

Walker won't be talking trash for a while

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:45 am