NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

Blain
    Blain

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

Post by Blain Thu May 03, 2018 8:16 am

Teeth Eater wrote:A couple of random questions here in the context of current discussions, but would appreciate if anyone can help out here;

1. What is the likelihood of I.Luke playing this week? And if it's unlikely, is there any possibility at all he’ll be out a few weeks, or definitelty back next week?

2. How long is J.Tevaga meant to be out for?

I know it’s a massive risk, but i like the idea of a punt on Lawton, but only if he can be guaranteed at least a few weeks, even from the bench, raking in Tevaga’s numbers.

What are the odds?

Luke trained a couple days ago, but I can't see him playing right now TBH.. If he does, it will not be a full match. So on the basis he has trained, can't expect him to be out for long.

Tevaga injury is a true mystery, no news. He isn't playing as a hooker anyway, more of a Elijah Taylor role, line speed leader/speed bump, and spells Luke for 10 minutes if he needs a break. But I can't see Tevaga and Lawton on the bench together, we would be under sized.

In summary, I'd steer clear personally. With Luke around, he is too risky.

I already have Cogger to the poster who suggested him too me, think he'll go well. So ATM it's Sua vs Lane vs RTS.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38 - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 03, 2018 8:25 am

Teeth Eater wrote:A couple of random questions here in the context of current discussions, but would appreciate if anyone can help out here;

1. What is the likelihood of I.Luke playing this week? And if it's unlikely, is there any possibility at all he’ll be out a few weeks, or definitelty back next week?

2. How long is J.Tevaga meant to be out for?

I know it’s a massive risk, but i like the idea of a punt on Lawton, but only if he can be guaranteed at least a few weeks, even from the bench, raking in Tevaga’s numbers.

What are the odds?

I listened to Toho Harris on the radio yesterday speaking about Luke. I'd say its 50-50 but I felt like Harris was doubtful he'll play, just some of the things he was saying.... Just my hunch though!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 03, 2018 8:30 am

Haven't had much time to look at my team this week due to my work schedule and was just looking to secure my second centre spot, but looking now there's a few things I can do if I just sit with Isaako a bit longer.

Thompson to Matterson via MBye is tempting. Is Matterson not worth his current price tag? Too late?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 03, 2018 8:34 am

Blain wrote:

Luke trained a couple days ago, but I can't see him playing right now TBH.. If he does, it will not be a full match. So on the basis he has trained, can't expect him to be out for long.

Tevaga injury is a true mystery, no news. He isn't playing as a hooker anyway, more of a Elijah Taylor role, line speed leader/speed bump, and spells Luke for 10 minutes if he needs a break. But I can't see Tevaga and Lawton on the bench together, we would be under sized.

In summary, I'd steer clear personally. With Luke around, he is too risky.

I already have Cogger to the poster who suggested him too me, think he'll go well. So ATM it's Sua vs Lane vs RTS.

Tevaga has a shoulder problem. I haven't seen or heard of a time line on his injury though.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Thu May 03, 2018 8:34 am

Thanks RNDG, Rippin and Blain. Lawton not sounding great then, hey, lol.

So my other left field curveball is D.Walker at CTR, now that he’s playing in the halves this week. Surely that sees him rake in at least the same scores as most current centres, but potentially more? Anyone know the long term plan here? Are Manly looking for half replacement, or will they stick with D.Walker for a while?

Long story short, I need a CTR under $400k to see me through at least a few weeks. Ideally someone who can make some money too, should/when I need to upgrade.

The options as I see it are Lawton, D.Walker and Capewell. All massive risks, but who’s the least risky?

Sorry for bringing sensible discussions from the limelight with my bottom feeding questions. Wink I just need one curveball to pay off this year.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu May 03, 2018 8:35 am

Really good to have you over here RNGD Anal

Posting some really solid, useful stuff mate, cracking addition to forum
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 03, 2018 8:37 am

wolfking wrote:Haven't had much time to look at my team this week due to my work schedule and was just looking to secure my second centre spot, but looking now there's a few things I can do if I just sit with Isaako a bit longer.  

Thompson to Matterson via MBye is tempting.  Is Matterson not worth his current price tag?  Too late?

I'm still going back and forth over Matterson or DCE or just holding Brown. I came to a final decision while lying in bed last night, but I can't remember what I decided (yes, sadly think about nrl fantasy while going to sleep...).

I'm happy to hold Isaako for now, I'll be trading Gosie though.

Post by Guest Thu May 03, 2018 8:37 am

Welshy wrote:Really good to have you over here RNGD Anal

Don’t let stew see this post! He’ll have a field day
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 03, 2018 8:38 am

Welshy wrote:Really good to have you over here RNGD Anal

There has been some really good discussion here in the last 24-48 hours!
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Thu May 03, 2018 8:39 am

With the dogs playing first it give us a good look at Martin. If he scores well and looks like a good cash cow then I might hold trades this week and bring him in next week.

Seems to be new potential cash cows popping up every week.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 03, 2018 8:41 am

my tv broke wrote:

I'm still going back and forth over Matterson or DCE or just holding Brown. I came to a final decision while lying in bed last night, but I can't remember what I decided (yes, sadly think about nrl fantasy while going to sleep...).

I just wonder if Matterson is this years Crichton, or is his purple patch going to come to an end at some point. Just seems like a lot for a guy that isn't quite gun status just yet.

I'd toss Brown though mate, unfortunately.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu May 03, 2018 8:41 am

my tv broke wrote:

There has been some really good discussion here in the last 24-48 hours!

100% mate great to see new posters offering so much

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu May 03, 2018 8:44 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Don’t let stew see this post! He’ll have a field day

Fuck Stew and his stupid satire
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu May 03, 2018 8:45 am

my tv broke wrote:

Go big and go Bhunt
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Thu May 03, 2018 8:45 am

Had a look at Martin's player profile on the Bulldog's news page... Almost convinced me to get him this week just cause he seems like a good bloke, and good blokes always score well in fantasy right?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 03, 2018 8:48 am

Welshy wrote:

Go big and go Bhunt

I took a phunt on Bhunt last year and he turned out to be a Chunt.

Wary of his ability to maintain 50+ scores or will he just start turning consistent 30's again....

Obviously playing in the #1 side is in his favour. Unfortunately he'll play origin which is a bit of a sticking point at this time of season.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu May 03, 2018 8:50 am

my tv broke wrote:

I took a phunt on Bhunt last year and he turned out to be a Chunt.

Wary of his ability to maintain 50+ scores or will he just start turning consistent 30's again....

Obviously playing in the #1 side is in his favour.

BHunt has always been a great defender and racks up tackles from half, just finding his kicking game niche in his new team and starting to take more away from Widdop, if that continues there’s only one way his scores are going for the rest of the year
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu May 03, 2018 8:52 am

Honey Badger wrote:With the dogs playing first it give us a good look at Martin. If he scores well and looks like a good cash cow then I might hold trades this week and bring him in next week.

Seems to be new potential cash cows popping up every week.

I still have Gosie and Doueihi in my team, either of those can easily be traded to Martin next week.

I'm thinking of keeping Gosie around for a few rounds for hoolahoop purposes with Manly playing late in the round the next few rounds.
    I've kept Doueihi in the hope he got some more game time, but Arey seems to be keen on origin duty Shocked
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu May 03, 2018 8:53 am

Welshy wrote:

Fuck Stew and his stupid satire

Chewie dislikes this
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu May 03, 2018 8:54 am

Chewie wrote:

Chewie dislikes this

You would , Huey Chewie and Stewie

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:40 am