NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by my tv broke Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:11 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

1. Kennar - Relies on tries. Peaked. Don't attack down his edge much.
    2. Doughy - needs an injury to be relevant
    3. Lodge - Peaked. Injured??
    4. Griffin / Rochow - Rochow - if tigers aren't defending there is not much for him to do
    5. Hiku
    6. LCroker - Priced around his average now. DCE taking over the show, didn't realise Croker was playing half the time
    7. Inglis
    8. TPJ - Minutes are all over the place. With the win against Warriors Bennett could stick to same game plan
    9. Thompson - Seems to be dieing down week by week. Looks dangerous but not scoring tries anymore.

thompson seems more likely on evidence provided to score tries when playing on the wing.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by Cap'n Ranta Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:14 pm

Mearcats wrote:Trade Outs?-
    1. Kennar - Exactly as advertised preseason. Needs tries to sustain decent scores. Came back to earth with a 14 last week with a BE of 22 and big scores start dropping soon.
    2. Doughy - Danger to lose cash playing small minutes in the number 14 jumper. Wasting a spot in a 21 man team praying for an injury is paving bad fantasy karma.
    3. Lodge - At a 35 score for the next 3 weeks he makes 2k. Peaked cow who doesn't play 13. Scores are consistent but aren't exciting enough to hope there is more. Infected ass.
    4. Griffin / Rochow - Both play 13 but subpar scores last weekend may drop some cash on their way to rd13. Is the rd13 score reason enough with limited cash to come good enough?
    5. Hiku - ..................... NZ lost on the weekend and Hiku will be replaced by Beale in an effort to right the ship.
    6. LCroker - Plays the ball backwards......... Is pretty much averaging his breakeven. Doesn't look to have a big score in him. Plays rd 13 but who wants 15 points?
    7. Inglis - Playing slow and not looking sharp. Has rested on his laurels with QLD selection guaranteed. People have Hiku and other options while GIs cash could be used elsewhere.
    8. TPJ - Wayne has realised that he should use fantasy scores to determine starting minutes. Macca, Sua, Ofa, Lodge, Glenn and Thiday to start ahead of him next week.
    9. Dufty - Relied on tries to get two mediocre scores in the last 2 weeks. Not looking to be a keeper and his big score will dropout soon. Plays 13 though.
    10. Thompson - After a great run he has likely reached peak value. Plays rd 13 and spot seems secure enough but probably isnt a keeper like more premium options

Added but you didn't add a reason for one single player! Poor form fella, poor form! Laughing Razz

Croker in twice so added Dufty Smile

Edit: Damn. Beaten by Stormtrooper. Should have just covered them all in a blanket of no more money and don't look like keepers Smile
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:19 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Nar mate, not very secretive. Pretty much an open book.

CS9
    Arrow Kikau
    Murray Jurbo RFM
    DCE Jacks
    Mitchell Isaako
    Ponga Turbo Thompson

Cook Rochow TPJ JFH

Havili Kennar Croker Katoa

79K ITB and 27 trades (I have banked a couple)

Cheers MC.

It's pretty dece mate. You don't have any massive urgent issues which is a nice spot to be in but obviously you need to keep an eye on Murray. I still think he's a hold, seems to me he'll be named to come back this week which is all well and good but if it's the same thing that hamstrung (see what I did there) him at the start of the season then it pays to keep a close eye on him.

You're bank is about the only thing that is holding you back from getting Surgess in (which is a good idea IMO as I've already stated in my flavour of the week wash up this morning). I think you need to make a cash out somewhere to free up some coin with a move to Burgess in mind. You can either do a double this week and bring him in now (downgrade say Kennar and upgrade Rochow would work if my math is correct) or you can simply cash one out this week (Croker would be the pick) and that allows you to ride another week of Kennar who has an achievable BE.

One way is going to give you and instant point upgrade, a rd13 player and probable season keeper but it'll decimate your bank. Maybe not a terrible thing with a few cows still at pasture. The other gives you another week to wait and see and a potential free look at some of the injury cover teams like Bris, Manly, Sharks and Penny have coming through.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:22 pm

Mearcats wrote:

Of course Wolfy, plenty of time for you mate! Sorry, must've missed it prior. Will get to it as soon as I've sussed out ST's.

You are the man, or er...cat.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:25 pm

Mearcats wrote:

It's pretty dece mate. You don't have any massive urgent issues which is a nice spot to be in but obviously you need to keep an eye on Murray. I still think he's a hold, seems to me he'll be named to come back this week which is all well and good but if it's the same thing that hamstrung (see what I did there) him at the start of the season then it pays to keep a close eye on him.

You're bank is about the only thing that is holding you back from getting Surgess in (which is a good idea IMO as I've already stated in my flavour of the week wash up this morning). I think you need to make a cash out somewhere to free up some coin with a move to Burgess in mind. You can either do a double this week and bring him in now (downgrade say Kennar and upgrade Rochow would work if my math is correct) or you can simply cash one out this week (Croker would be the pick) and that allows you to ride another week of Kennar who has an achievable BE.

One way is going to give you and instant point upgrade, a rd13 player and probable season keeper but it'll decimate your bank. Maybe not a terrible thing with a few cows still at pasture. The other gives you another week to wait and see and a potential free look at some of the injury cover teams like Bris, Manly, Sharks and Penny have coming through.

@Mearcats - Cheers mate, solid rundown of the squad. Now that you say I guess I can continue to hold some players. I might just be toiling with the poor scores of some last week. I think the best thing to do is wait for TLT and cash out Croker to a new cow...just depends who. Then that gives me cash and allows me to look at some of my team (TPJ, Rochow, Kennar) and also players I want (Surgess, S'ua, Gutho) and pick who I can upgrade next week. Love all the help I have received from you lot this year! I hope at time I have repaid some of that help through the year.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:30 pm

wolfking wrote:Can anyone give me an idea on what I'm doing wrong here.  Only hit 800 once and things just ain't happening.  Here's my team;

Smith
    Arrow TPJ
    RFM JFH Rochow
    MBye Maloney
    Mitchell Kennar
    Teddy Thompson Ponga

Cook Griffin Lodge Kikau

Murray Havilli Isaako Croker

27 trades and 229K in the bank.

It's obvious TPJ, Lodge, Griffin and even Rochow are the ones to make way.  I guess it's simply one to a Gossie, Sua, Capewell and then the other to Surgess or Tolo.  

Am I missing something.  Obviously Havilli can go in really with his minutes now and Isaako can have another punt over Kennar.  If Murray is back then I don't have to play one either, but not convinced he'll be back this week.  Thanks fellas.

I think you're right in your own analysis mate. As you said, you do have a fair few cows and middies... Unfortunately they all shit the bed at once. That being said, that doesn't mean that because it happened this week they're all going to become serial shitters! I have a mate who shits the bed every time he drinks, that's a serial shitter. I last shit the bed when I was a young'un, I grew out of it.

Sometimes persistence pays off and other times it pays to be aggressive. You've held for a while, maybe it's time to look at getting off of a few guys, even if they haven't quite peaked. Personally, I would get out of a high value mid ranger now to give you a good kitty. I know others will say hold but if you offload Griffin for Gosi or Su'a then that allows you to upgrade Lodge or Rochow.

I know you feel those two guys are trappy but what's worse? Being "caught in a trap" (the Elvis song just went through my head typing that) with one player but offsetting that by upgrading a mid to a gun (and getting the points increase) or staying stagnant and persisting for the sake of one or two small price bumps but getting left behind in the meantime? I know which is the lesser of the two evils in my eyes mate.

And fuck the fantasy blues! Ain't no one got time for that. Nobody likes to play games that aren't fun.... Asides from maybe accountants. Mix it up, do something you usually wouldn't and take a risk mate.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:32 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Anyone care to look at my team.

Please disregard my rank lol

No urgent moves for you mate. If you're desperate you can make a trade or two (see my response to Wolfy re Griffin) but I'd be happy to go around for another week with your lot.
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:39 pm

Hey mearcats, always liked your analysis, wouldn't mind hearing what you think of my team:

CS9
    Kikau Arrow
    RFM Jurbo JFH
    DCE JMK
    Kennar Hiku
    Thompson Teddy Ponga

Cook
    Rochow
    Murray
    TPJ

Havali
    Isaako
    Croker
    Katoa

$520k ITB, just waiting for JMK to peak and splruging on an upgrade to SJ. Alternatively, i can do JMK to Matterson and TPJ to Tolo to get those points.

24 trades remaining is a concern and leaning towards a no trade this week since im versing weaker teams in my H2H
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:45 pm

Alright.

Lodge ----> Jensen for me.

If he can stay in the side and keep averaging 30, I will be very happy.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:46 pm

Fortitude wrote:

I would make an avatar bet with anyone to say that Sam Williams Will out score JT. (i.e JT wont break 48)

....But i'm about to lose my avatar for a week anyway to MF.

If anyone wants to take you up on this I’m willing to forget about our bet. Or you can wait until teams come out tomorrow if you like mate haha
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:49 pm

@hymenbustas first of all, great name hahaha and second, I envy your team! Smith and Cook in there. What have your scores been like?
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:51 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

If anyone wants to take you up on this I’m willing to forget about our bet. Or you can wait until teams come out tomorrow if you like mate haha

Could go Double or nothing?? I'm a gambling man....

StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:52 pm

filthridden wrote:Alright.

Lodge ----> Jensen for me.

If he can stay in the side and keep averaging 30, I will be very happy.

Fensom back this week might mean Jensen is out
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:53 pm

@rapture_nrl hey mate, nothing to envy about. had a shocker last round scoring 738.

Round 1: 800
    Round 2: 756
    Round 3: 745
    Round 4: 774
    Round 5: 929

Mostly came down to poor captain choices. Gone are the days when you can set and forget putting the C on CS9

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:53 pm

Fortitude wrote:

Don’t chase your loses Razz

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:54 pm

Fortitude wrote:

So what is the bet. If Thurston scores over 48 I win?
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:54 pm

With a loss to the Broncos and an inevitable loss to the Dragons could this be the spiral down to the nether for the Warriors?
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:56 pm

You know what would be really great? For Levi to drop out of the Knights 17. I would love to keep Griffin but Levi is ruining everything. Will wait and see what TLT throws up, but I’m currently thinking.

Cronk out, SJ in. Griffin out, S’ua/Jensen/Gosi in
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:56 pm

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 5 7a46aa10
    If Mighty Fishes loses can this be his Avatar?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:58 pm

lol!

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:00 pm