NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:55 pm

I might even take a punt on Capewell over Sua or Gossie. Job security obviously the issue.
    Finch
    Finch

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by Finch Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:57 pm

TheWeapon wrote:Is it time to start worrying about Friend's output? He's completely stunk it up the past few weeks. I've had him since rd1 (and he started well....54, 57, 70....followed by 36, 20 and 31 the past 3 weeks).

quickly abort
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Part two of smokies coming...
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Can anyone give me an idea on what I'm doing wrong here.  Only hit 800 once and things just ain't happening.  Here's my team;

Smith
    Arrow TPJ
    RFM JFH Rochow
    MBye Maloney
    Mitchell Kennar
    Teddy Thompson Ponga

Cook Griffin Lodge Kikau

Murray Havilli Isaako Croker

27 trades and 229K in the bank.

It's obvious TPJ, Lodge, Griffin and even Rochow are the ones to make way.  I guess it's simply one to a Gossie, Sua, Capewell and then the other to Surgess or Tolo.  

Am I missing something.  Obviously Havilli can go in really with his minutes now and Isaako can have another punt over Kennar.  If Murray is back then I don't have to play one either, but not convinced he'll be back this week.  Thanks fellas.
    Vanish
    Vanish

Post by Vanish Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:05 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

https://www.nswrl.com.au/KnightsJets-Rd6-2018

Winger Sione Katoa then finished off the Jets’ scoring with eight minutes left when he finished a right-side raid with a brilliant chip and chase for himself to score Newtown’s 11th and final try in the right corner.

Euele and Magoulis all had good games too apparently
    Cheers mate. Sounds like he's got a decent chance of getting another first grade shot.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:10 pm

wolfking wrote:Can anyone give me an idea on what I'm doing wrong here.  Only hit 800 once and things just ain't happening.  Here's my team;

Smith
    Arrow TPJ
    RFM JFH Rochow
    MBye Maloney
    Mitchell Kennar
    Teddy Thompson Ponga

Cook Griffin Lodge Kikau

Murray Havilli Isaako Croker

27 trades and 229K in the bank.

It's obvious TPJ, Lodge, Griffin and even Rochow are the ones to make way.  I guess it's simply one to a Gossie, Sua, Capewell and then the other to Surgess or Tolo.  

Am I missing something.  Obviously Havilli can go in really with his minutes now and Isaako can have another punt over Kennar.  If Murray is back then I don't have to play one either, but not convinced he'll be back this week.  Thanks fellas.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there is much that will turn the ship around quickly. Pretty much what you've suggested, look to downgrade one to upgrade another. Even if youre not aiming too high, instead of Tolo look at players like Harris or Jurbo/McGuire. Your team doesn't look to dissimilar to many around her, unfortunately it seems you've just backed the wrong horse a few times.
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:19 pm

I've kind of been ignoring Inglis but after making my two trades this week and my team looking slightly decent as a consequence he's starting to irritate me. He'll definitely be the submarine of my season just sitting under the surface being a pain and then he'll torpedo the Lusitania for a huge score once I trade him out after carrying him through a ton of lousy scores
    Vanish
    Vanish

Post by Vanish Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Hmm. Currently only have between 8 and 11 players for R13, depending on Origin selections. I'll need to focus most of my trades on boosting that number before then. Was looking at Smith this week but Surgess might be the go. Hopefully Kotoa gets back into the Sharks side, there's an easy cash-out to a playing player.
    Vanish
    Vanish

Post by Vanish Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:21 pm

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:I've kind of been ignoring Inglis but after making my two trades this week and my team looking slightly decent as a consequence he's starting to irritate me. He'll definitely be the submarine of my season just sitting under the surface being a pain and then he'll torpedo the Lusitania for a huge score once I trade him out after carrying him through a ton of lousy scores
    Same boat mate. My Centre selections have been the thing that's tanking my season and keeping me from the top, and Inglis is frustratingly sitting there mocking me each round.

He's probably gonna play Origin 1 as well, so we won't even have him in round 13. Ugh.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:22 pm

Vanish wrote:Hmm. Currently only have between 8 and 11 players for R13, depending on Origin selections. I'll need to focus most of my trades on boosting that number before then. Was looking at Smith this week but Surgess might be the go. Hopefully Kotoa gets back into the Sharks side, there's an easy cash-out to a playing player.

Best thing with Katoa, because his score was so puss first round, there is room to wait and see how he goes first rd back. Think if he is back, scores well he will be a popular pick.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:23 pm

No.7's against Titans

week 1 - sam williams 48pts
    week 2 - shaun johnson 78pts
    week 3 - ben hunt 65pts
    week 4 - kodi nikorima 52pts
    week 5 - DCE 91pts
    week 6 - james maloney 67pts
    week 7 - JT .........anyone game enough to captain him
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:27 pm

bluetige wrote:No.7's against Titans

week 1 - sam williams 48pts
    week 2 - shaun johnson 78pts
    week 3 - ben hunt 65pts
    week 4 - kodi nikorima 52pts
    week 5 - DCE 91pts
    week 6 - james maloney 67pts
    week 7 - JT .........anyone game enough to captain him

I would make an avatar bet with anyone to say that Sam Williams Will out score JT. (i.e JT wont break 48)

....But i'm about to lose my avatar for a week anyway to MF.

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:30 pm

Great stats bluetige.
    Vanish
    Vanish

Post by Vanish Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:31 pm

Maybe I just bite the bullet and spend a trade on Inglis > Mitchell this week. Paying top dollar but Inglis is stinking up the team and Mitchell plays R13.

Would mean I have Ferguson and Mitchell as centres which... Ew.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:31 pm

The Usual Suspects this week (pending numerous changes of mind and wasted time at work...)

Smith
    Arrow Kikau
    Jurbo Surgess RFM
    DCE (c) SJ
    Mitchell Cotric
    Tedesco Ponga Thompson

Cook JFH JMK Gosiewski
    Nicholls Isaako Crichton Godinet

Bench is a bit yuk but plenty of time to tweak the balance when more cash builds up.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Smokies (Part Two)

4. Curtis Scott - Terrible start to the year. I'm going to put a disclaimer here tho, before I go any further. I am on the wagon that thinks that Croft was exposed. I feel this affected the whole team and when you're having a bad start to a season, you can expect that your outside backs won't see a lot of ball. So for the moment I'm going to give CS4 a pass and try and look through to what can be.

2017 Scott was a very active ctr. Looking for the ball, taking the hard early set carries out of their own end etc. It's only been in the last three games that we have started to see that from him. Not a guy who get massive base stats with limited tackles (typical for a ctr) so if he is not getting the meters up then he'll struggle to post a decent score. This past week he had two line breaks and three tackle busts (along with 130+ meters)... The kind of things that we expect from him. If he (and Melbourne) has turned the corner then moving forward he should be a viable option at ctr. Priced at 28.5 but with only an average of 25 I can see why some would be hesitant. It could also mean that he's well under priced though is the 40+ avg Scott of old comes back.

A gamble, but in a tough CTR position sometimes you gotta be in front of the curve. 6/10 Brittney Spears.

5. Mannering - Definitely not yet. BE of 76. Still coming off the bench (at the time of writing this). On the incline for sure but buy low, he ain't as low as he's gonna get yet. One to watch though.

6. Brooks - Usually I would just say hell no. No, nuh, uh uh, nope, AW HELL NO! To be honest, I'm going to stick to that stance. That being said, the Tigers are firing and a lot of that is on the back of their halves. Two very good scores in the last two weeks have inflated his average somewhat to 49 and while he is priced about 60k under that at 44, realistically 44 is about what I would expect on a good day from Brooks.

In the long run, he's not going to be a keeper. He's peaking right now. If you bought him way back when then you had huge, gigantic dinosaur balls and you have made a tidy sum. But I would not be looking to bring him in now. Matterson, Pearce, Calker, Gutho all in the same price bracket and far less trappy.

7. CHN - Where will he be in the side? Prior to last week was averaging 21+/-. On the weekend he scored two tries, had two lines breaks and a line break assist and ran for a whopping TEN TIMES the meters from the previous week. He also played 80 when so far this season he's averaged 34.

If he is set in the starting side we all know what China can do, we saw it last year. But while there are issues with that rotation I'd steer clear.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:35 pm

Vanish wrote:Maybe I just bite the bullet and spend a trade on Inglis > Mitchell this week. Paying top dollar but Inglis is stinking up the team and Mitchell plays R13.

I'm definitely getting outta Inglis this week to Vanish. Should have done it a lot sooner but oh well. Who do you have your eyes on mate?
    Shumway
    Shumway

Post by Shumway Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:37 pm

Vanish wrote:Maybe I just bite the bullet and spend a trade on Inglis > Mitchell this week. Paying top dollar but Inglis is stinking up the team and Mitchell plays R13.

Also considering adding Mitchell to the CTRs this week. Potential upgrade target from Kennar. Just not sure if there is any such thing as a CTR keeper this year.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:41 pm

With Mansour out could Jed Cartwright step up into his spot? Basement player of 212K. Is that long enough for him to make some Mullah?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:44 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:With Mansour out could Jed Cartwright step up into his spot? Basement player of 212K. Is that long enough for him to make some Mullah?

6-8 weeks is long enough for anyone to make some money. Except Full Fingers Crichton. Seems he couldn't make money at a Chinese New Year Hong Bao party.

Last edited by Mearcats on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:37 am