NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Welshy
    Welshy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 7 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by Welshy Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:53 pm

@mearcats

some great fantasy insight fella! Great job
    Moose
    Moose

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 7 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by Moose Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:57 pm

Crichton or TaumaYOLO?
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:05 pm

Pulled the trigger on Griffin + TPJ OUT for Matterson + Gosiewski IN. Leaves me with

Cook
    Kikau Arrow
    Brown Murray Harris
    DCE Maloney
    Mitchell Isaako
    Rapana Ponga Thompson

Matterson Rochow RFM JFH
    Gosiewski Dufty Doueihi JMK

$97k left, 24 trades

@Moose I'd go Crichton. He's been more consistent. Nothing saying Tolo's score was anything but a fluke
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:08 pm

milf i dont want any whinging next week when you make those shithouse trades and widdop pulls put an 80.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:08 pm

Ok, take two...

Trade Outs?-
    1. Kennar - Exactly as advertised preseason. Needs tries to sustain decent scores. Came back to earth with a 14 last week with a BE of 22 and big scores start dropping soon. I wouldn't say "needs" tries, had a 30+ score in rd2 without one but definitely helps. For me is in the same boat as Isaako last week. He's one decent score away from kick starting his scoring but will that score come. IMO, one week hold. A trade but not urgent. Hold.
    2. Doughy - Danger to lose cash playing small minutes in the number 14 jumper. Wasting a spot in a 21 man team praying for an injury is paving bad fantasy karma.A trade. Which shits me! I HATE trading negative BE players but he is either gonna bleed all his cash off playing from the bench or just chew up a bench spot for you (and the Ribbitohs) by not playing at all! Trade.
    3. Lodge - At a 35 score for the next 3 weeks he makes 2k. Peaked cow who doesn't play 13. Scores are consistent but aren't exciting enough to hope there is more. Infected ass. Possibly carrying an injury but I feel I'm just using that as an excuse to hold him. His ceiling so far is 51 and even if he scored that every week for the next three weeks he'd only make 80ish k. Not gonna happen. I will have to hold one more week due to more pressing issues (like feckin Inglis). Otherwise, Trade but not urgent.
    4. Griffin / Rochow - Both play 13 but subpar scores last weekend may drop some cash on their way to rd13. Is the rd13 score reason enough with limited cash to come good enough?Why bother carrying a midranger when you can have a probable gun that plays 13 in Surgess? Especially if they show signs of losing cash? Trade.
    5. Hiku - ..................... NZ lost on the weekend and Hiku will be replaced by Beale in an effort to right the ship. Hold. Hiku looks frail defensively and has a rubbish technique which means he misses a lot of tackles. But, he only has a BE of 28 which he should cover in base stats. Last week was the first week he went sub 100mts (last weeks 82 was about 60 less than his average) and he was playing in a spot where Oates decided to make him his batty boy. Should be sharper this week, albeit against an undefeated Dragons outfit. Hold for mine.
    6. LCroker - Plays the ball backwards......... Is pretty much averaging his breakeven. Doesn't look to have a big score in him. Plays rd 13 but who wants 15 points? Trade. I got off him two weeks ago. He's a definite trade.
    7. Inglis - Playing slow and not looking sharp. Has rested on his laurels with QLD selection guaranteed. People have Hiku and other options while GIs cash could be used elsewhere. Trade. Unfortunately, in that position any trade is going to be sideways or require bank to upgrade to Aitken or a keeper. No obvious cash cows at the moment though a possibility that that will chance with Penny losing Mansour. Regardless, Inglis = Trade.
    8. TPJ - Wayne has realised that he should use fantasy scores to determine starting minutes. Macca, Sua, Ofa, Lodge, Glenn and Thiday to start ahead of him next week. I think he's a hold. At least for another week. Kinda depends on Broncs team list but if it's favourable he's a hold. If you have really good depth across your FRF 2RF then could downgrade him to a Gosi.Su'a type but I'd be happy with a one week hold.
    9. Dufty - Relied on tries to get two mediocre scores in the last 2 weeks. Not looking to be a keeper and his big score will dropout soon. Plays 13 though. Different one cos many will disagree with this statement but I don't think he'll be a top 5 WFB which means he ain't a keeper. The buy low sell high rule dictates that you should sell a peaked non keeper and he has peaked. Statistically he's slightly under priced but that's due to the 81 being in there. Will drop out in a two weeks. IMO Trade.
    10. Thompson - After a great run he has likely reached peak value. Plays rd 13 and spot seems secure enough but probably isnt a keeper like more premium options Another interesting one but a hold for me. At least for this week. He is definitely close and has made a tonne of cash but will hold for this week to see what he can do. Would be nice to ride him all the way through to 13 if possible but I won't let a cow run dry. BE should be achievable this week at least.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:09 pm

Is there a rush to bring burgess in?

I can go lodge + doughi to surgess and su’a

You’d imagine lodge isn’t in for more money, and doughi will take a miracle if he doesn’t lose money. So best to dump both this week?

Other option Cronk to Matterson. Or Cronk to anyone above 800k but forces me to play Maloney

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:12 pm

Mearcats wrote:Ok, take two...

Trade Outs?-
    1. Kennar - Exactly as advertised preseason. Needs tries to sustain decent scores. Came back to earth with a 14 last week with a BE of 22 and big scores start dropping soon. I wouldn't say "needs" tries, had a 30+ score in rd2 without one but definitely helps. For me is in the same boat as Isaako last week. He's one decent score away from kick starting his scoring but will that score come. IMO, one week hold. A trade but not urgent. Hold.
    2. Doughy - Danger to lose cash playing small minutes in the number 14 jumper. Wasting a spot in a 21 man team praying for an injury is paving bad fantasy karma.A trade. Which shits me! I HATE trading negative BE players but he is either gonna bleed all his cash off playing from the bench or just chew up a bench spot for you (and the Ribbitohs) by not playing at all! Trade.
    3. Lodge - At a 35 score for the next 3 weeks he makes 2k. Peaked cow who doesn't play 13. Scores are consistent but aren't exciting enough to hope there is more. Infected ass. Possibly carrying an injury but I feel I'm just using that as an excuse to hold him. His ceiling so far is 51 and even if he scored that every week for the next three weeks he'd only make 80ish k. Not gonna happen. I will have to hold one more week due to more pressing issues (like feckin Inglis). Otherwise, Trade but not urgent.
    4. Griffin / Rochow - Both play 13 but subpar scores last weekend may drop some cash on their way to rd13. Is the rd13 score reason enough with limited cash to come good enough?Why bother carrying a midranger when you can have a probable gun that plays 13 in Surgess? Especially if they show signs of losing cash? Trade.
    5. Hiku - ..................... NZ lost on the weekend and Hiku will be replaced by Beale in an effort to right the ship. Hold. Hiku looks frail defensively and has a rubbish technique which means he misses a lot of tackles. But, he only has a BE of 28 which he should cover in base stats. Last week was the first week he went sub 100mts (last weeks 82 was about 60 less than his average) and he was playing in a spot where Oates decided to make him his batty boy. Should be sharper this week, albeit against an undefeated Dragons outfit. Hold for mine.  
    6. LCroker - Plays the ball backwards......... Is pretty much averaging his breakeven. Doesn't look to have a big score in him. Plays rd 13 but who wants 15 points? Trade. I got off him two weeks ago. He's a definite trade.
    7. Inglis - Playing slow and not looking sharp. Has rested on his laurels with QLD selection guaranteed. People have Hiku and other options while GIs cash could be used elsewhere. Trade. Unfortunately, in that position any trade is going to be sideways or require bank to upgrade to Aitken or a keeper. No obvious cash cows at the moment though a possibility that that will chance with Penny losing Mansour. Regardless, Inglis = Trade.
    8. TPJ - Wayne has realised that he should use fantasy scores to determine starting minutes. Macca, Sua, Ofa, Lodge, Glenn and Thiday to start ahead of him next week. I think he's a hold. At least for another week. Kinda depends on Broncs team list but if it's favourable he's a hold. If you have really good depth across your FRF 2RF then could downgrade him to a Gosi.Su'a type but I'd be happy with a one week hold.
    9. Dufty - Relied on tries to get two mediocre scores in the last 2 weeks. Not looking to be a keeper and his big score will dropout soon. Plays 13 though. Different one cos many will disagree with this statement but I don't think he'll be a top 5 WFB which means he ain't a keeper. The buy low sell high rule dictates that you should sell a peaked non keeper and he has peaked. Statistically he's slightly under priced but that's due to the 81 being in there. Will drop out in a two weeks. IMO Trade.
    10. Thompson - After a great run he has likely reached peak value. Plays rd 13 and spot seems secure enough but probably isnt a keeper like more premium options Another interesting one but a hold for me. At least for this week. He is definitely close and has made a tonne of cash but will hold for this week to see what he can do. Would be nice to ride him all the way through to 13 if possible but I won't let a cow run dry. BE should be achievable this week at least.
    Something I needed to see, have most that you've covered Doueihi and Rochow my concers at this stage. Some good posts today fella. Cheers.

Last edited by WT2K on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:13 pm

Fortitude wrote:Is there a rush to bring burgess in?

I can go lodge + doughi to surgess and su’a

You’d imagine lodge isn’t in for more money, and doughi will take a miracle if he doesn’t lose money. So best to dump both this week?

Other option Cronk to Matterson. Or Cronk to anyone above 800k but forces me to play Maloney

No rush mate, as stated earlier he's not going to make huge coin unless he goes 70+. But for the points and probable keeper status alone, along with the rd13 play, I'd say he's a pick up.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:15 pm

Welshy wrote:Matterson if he continues getting 80 is still a decent option for the halves, averaging over 50 there when very few are and the cheapest optiion of the lot

For me TLolo only a few thousand more is a better long term option but obviously only available in the 2RF

Early trades for me seem like

Lodge - Gosiewski
    Griffin - Taumalolo

Still holding Fifita and Murray

100% still an option, I just feel that I wouldn't go chasing him at the detriment of other positions. Those who got on early are laughing and he may very well be worth a pick up now but I'd hold out for DCE or SJ.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:18 pm

B/L wrote:milf i dont want any whinging next week when you make those shithouse trades and widdop pulls put an 80.

Lol I don't think they're shithouse and even if Widdop does that's the luck of the game. He's been rubbish 3 weeks in a row and the only reason he's been pulling 30s is from goals.

In hindsight I should have gone DCE but meh. Koro and Matterson are scoring really well so if they all of a sudden turn to shit it won't surprise me since Widdop did exactly that.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:30 pm

Inglis trade out options I'd consider would be Copley, Capewell and Bird.

Copley average of 31 but tends to go alright. Couple of low scores holding him back, but looking a better option than GI at this rate.

Bird scored a 40 pretty much doing nothing. 1 game isn't much to go off. Might get DPP half in the future.

Capewell is going okay and you get to bank cash too. Job security is the risk though

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:33 pm

Happy Birthday to @Chucky

Bit unfair getting flogged 38-12 the day before by those magnificent Tigers mate Very Happy
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:37 pm

Some xiaolongbao, sichuan cucumber and jiao zi for lunch here lads! Delish! Ok, recharged and ready to go again.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:38 pm

Would love an opinion from anybody who could be bothered with having a look at my team? Thinking Lodge to Gosiewski(this one is locked in more or less) and Kennar to Sua or Rochow to Surgess

Here is my team pre trades

10k bank

Smith
    Fifita TPJ
    Murray Arrow RFM
    DCE Mbye
    Mitchell Isaako
    Tedesco Ponga Thompson

Cook
    Kikau
    Rochow
    JFH

Lodge
    JMK
    Kennar
    Fine

Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:47 pm

Rapture_NRL wrote:Inglis trade out options I'd consider would be Copley, Capewell and Bird.

Copley average of 31 but tends to go alright. Couple of low scores holding him back, but looking a better option than GI at this rate.

Bird scored a 40 pretty much doing nothing. 1 game isn't much to go off. Might get DPP half in the future.

Capewell is going okay and you get to bank cash too. Job security is the risk though

Id keep Inglis over Copley or Capewell. Bird has potential if he stays in the halves
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:50 pm

danseels1985 wrote:Would love an opinion from anybody who could be bothered with having a look at my team?  Thinking Lodge to Gosiewski(this one is locked in more or less) and Kennar to Sua or Rochow to Surgess

Here is my team pre trades

10k bank

Smith
    Fifita TPJ
    Murray Arrow RFM
    DCE Mbye
    Mitchell Isaako
    Tedesco Ponga Thompson

Cook
    Kikau
    Rochow
    JFH

Lodge
    JMK
    Kennar
    Fine

I got a bit before I head out for some beers mate, nothing that I type later will make any sense so will do it now for ya! Laughing

First thing I notice is your FRF mate. What are you going to do with Fifi and TPJ? As I've already said, TPJ at least a weeks hold for me (and of course is Fifi is short term then he is as well) but that doesn't really help you this week. You could move Kikau into the startin squad but that will mean you have to play JMK. Not a terrible thing to be fair. Then the trades that you are looking at would work. Downgrade Lodge and turn Rochow into Surgess.

The only problem with all of that is that it's going to leave you rather light on in your reserves. You would also need to play one of Kennar or TPJ in your 17. I think for most guys looking at carrying Murray AND Fififta you're going to be light somewhere. Here's hoping for your sake that Murray is playing this week or you'll really be light on.

In short, I think you definitely need to get a forward in while you have Murray and Fifita out, especially if you are going to downgrade one of your other options to a second rower.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Rapture_NRL wrote:Inglis trade out options I'd consider would be Copley, Capewell and Bird.

Copely is a trap mate. Looks like a trap, smells like a trap and feels like a trap then chances are, it's a trap. In as much as Inglis has been shit, he at least has history and pedigree as a decent fantasy option, albeit not showing it this year. Copely does not.

Bird scored 40 at half where he got into the game. If he is playing at CTR he isn't worthwhile. His scores there have been 10, 37 and 16. Less than inspriring really. If Niko goes back to 14 (or fucks off altogether which I'd prefer) then he'd be worth a look.

Capewell could be good. Hard worker, gives 100 but security is the main concern for him. Looks like the longest any of the Sharks guys will be out is 4 weeks. If that's the case then i can't see it being a viable move.

Really, in that 300-500k bracket there is very VERY slim pickings. I may be forced to go BJ or Scott which are both very sideways but I am not going to hold Inglis much longer. I could alternatively move Dugan into the CTR's with Mitchell and downgrade Inglis altogether but that would mean I'd need to run Thompson or JMK in my 13.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:08 pm

Wish I had a crystal ball to see how long jacks will be in the storm side
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:09 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Fensom back this week might mean Jensen is out

well fuck haha

Couldn't remember who was coming back and when. :/

REVERSE TRAAAAAAAAAAADE
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:12 pm

@Mearcats thanks mate I always value your opinion,yeah I'm leaning towards bringing Surgess in and I'm willing to give TPJ another week. I've got everything crossed that Murray is back this week and Fifita not long after as I don't want to have to trade out and then back in again!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:02 pm