NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Betting Thread

Krump
    Krump

The Betting Thread - Page 30 Empty Re: The Betting Thread

Post by Krump Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:39 am

So I actually had a withdrawal option this morning, it transfers the money directly to my personal ladbrokes account.
    I still have some issues with it though. When requesting the withdrawal they make you specify a reason for wanting to withdraw. I tried leaving it blank and that was a no go as you apparently must give them a 5 character reason for wanting your money which seems ridiculous. After I processed the request I received this email from them.

Hi Krump,

Your request to cash out has been sent for approval.

The cash out amount requested is $759.70 from your club account.

You have requested to cash out the funds to club member Krump

Once approved, your cash out amount will be transferred to your Ladbrokes.com.au betting account.

Reason being:

-------

Regards,

Punters Club team

It seems ridiculous to me given that they aren't even a bookie so don't even have the KYC regulations to deal with that this is all necessary to get my winnings.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:45 am

No Worries wrote:
    Is it any good for the club ideas we have been throwing around that Sportsbet no longer supports ?

I've been trying it for that very reason. It's a bit more stuffing around than the old Sportsbet version but is a proper punters club that seems to work well on the whole. If I get my money without anymore stuffing around it will get the thumbs up from me.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:00 pm

The money came through so it looks like it would be a decent platform if you lot were still interested
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:52 pm

OK - I'm still in

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:10 pm

I'm keen. Will be easier than running it via a thread/spreadsheet etc
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:46 pm

Still in. Have copped a bath the last couple of months in Perth but the last few weeks have been very encouraging Very Happy
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:17 am

Sorry guys, could you fill me in briefly on how this will work? I.e. how much would we be putting in, how the bets are made, etc?

Also, with no disrespect to anyone here, is there anything in place to stop one person withdrawing all our winnings for themselves? Thinking extremes, but on the off chance we win some big money, Im just wanting to make sure that protections are in place for all the members.

Im pretty keen, just want to know what Im putting my hand up for.

Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:10 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Sorry guys, could you fill me in briefly on how this will work? I.e. how much would we be putting in, how the bets are made, etc?
    We'd have to decide amongst ourselves how much and how often we deposited. I think the minimum with this lot is $20 per week or $40 if its done monthly.

Also, with no disrespect to anyone here, is there anything in place to stop one person withdrawing all our winnings for themselves? Thinking extremes, but on the off chance we win some big money, Im just wanting to make sure that protections are in place for all the members.
    Basically each person only has access to their share of the winnings if done through a club. They also take into account any money won during a betting period where a player may have missed their deposit. ie if you miss your deposit the week that we hit a $100k quaddie you don't get a share of the winnings.

Im pretty keen, just want to know what Im putting my hand up for.

http://www.puntersclub.com.au/faq/index.html

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:19 pm

[quote="Krump"]

Probably not gonna work for me as I got banned from Ladbrokes....Seems like a good idea otherwise.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:12 am

Yeah im gone from Ladbrokes too. Only company ive ever had any sort of issue with. Pack of cunts
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:52 am

Can I ban multi's on my account. It's like picking Aubbs. I always say never again then nek minit.

Fuck I'm sick of losing by 1 leg.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:25 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:Yeah im gone from Ladbrokes too. Only company ive ever had any sort of issue with. Pack of cunts

Have u become a big time punter in such a short time Fishes ?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:23 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Have u become a big time punter in such a short time Fishes ?

Unfortunately...

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:24 pm

I actually came to this thread looking for R&Ts Super Rugby tips Embarassed
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:58 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Unfortunately...
    Get out while you still can.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:38 am

I finally hit a full day of NBA bets yesterday. Tipped the whole day. 16/1. Didn't bet today and glad I didn't would have got 2/5. Looking forward to betting on the NRL and AFL again

Post by Guest Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:35 pm

Krump wrote:
    Get out while you still can.

Fucked two days.. Im out
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:41 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:I actually came to this thread looking for R&Ts Super Rugby tips Embarassed

Hey mate,

Im not really betting these days - I am on some long term bets. I posted a few a while back I think (months ago), but no surprises really - Crusaders all the way this year for me.

More recently I've gone Crusaders to win the NZ conference, Rebels as a bit of an outsider to win theirs, and Im considering the Bulls to get up over the Lions in the SA conference.

Most of my money is going on the NZ conference though as thats what I know. Im picking the Blues to be much better this year, and the other to drop off. Perhaps even see the NZ conference finishing: Crusaders, Blues, Canes, Highlanders, Chiefs. You can get some over under bets on total season wins which might be worth having a crack at.

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:23 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Hey mate,

Im not really betting these days - I am on some long term bets. I posted a few a while back I think (months ago), but no surprises really - Crusaders all the way this year for me.

More recently I've gone Crusaders to win the NZ conference, Rebels as a bit of an outsider to win theirs, and Im considering the Bulls to get up over the Lions in the SA conference.

Most of my money is going on the NZ conference though as thats what I know. Im picking the Blues to be much better this year, and the other to drop off. Perhaps even see the NZ conference finishing: Crusaders, Blues, Canes, Highlanders, Chiefs. You can get some over under bets on total season wins which might be worth having a crack at.

You can get some very juicy odds on the Reds.....

In all honesty, I actually had a dabble at a few, particularly the nearly $10 for the Aus conference.
    No significant intel on that one, just purely on the back of another off season under Brad Thorn who is a proven winner.

Another longer term bet I think is good value are the Kiwi's in the ODI World Cup at around $9's.
    Swinging conditions will suit and they have a pretty settled and in form team to take over.

Felt a little dirty backing the Kiwi's so I backed the Aussies too (who are pretty good value as well given the team on paper).
    Pom's and Indians way too short and not that good.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:08 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

You can get some very juicy odds on the Reds.....

In all honesty, I actually had a dabble at a few, particularly the nearly $10 for the Aus conference.
    No significant intel on that one, just purely on the back of another off season under Brad Thorn who is a proven winner.

Another longer term bet I think is good value are the Kiwi's in the ODI World Cup at around $9's.
    Swinging conditions will suit and they have a pretty settled and in form team to take over.

Felt a little dirty backing the Kiwi's so I backed the Aussies too (who are pretty good value as well given the team on paper).
    Pom's and Indians way too short and not that good.

Reds to me look like a much improved team but I doubt they will won the conference. It may be too late, but the over under on wins for the season might be a goer for them.

I know its short odds but I like England for the world cup. I've taken them @ $3. My hunch is that the Kiwis flop. I dont like the direction the new coach is going in - its basically play it safe at the beginning , build a platform and then explode at the end. 2 problems with that. 1 - high scoring in England means you need to take the runs at the beginning. 2 - I dont think we have the talent to explode at the end.

I actually like Pakistan as a roughie. Can pick them up at $10 in NZ.

As for Super Rugby - might be worth keeping an eye on the Blues. They probably won't win this weekend but I think they are a much improved team. Ill be looking to take a couple bets on them after this weekend. Total wins for the season and to make the playoffs.

Outside of that, I continue to put money on the Crusaders to win the NZ conference and the title Each week so far I feel like they are by far the best team in the comp. There's still value in their odds IMO (althoughI haven't looked at how much they have shortened after last weeks game).

I'll be looking to chuck down a multi for fun this weekend pending team naming - likely taking the handicap on the Brumbies (who looked great v the Chiefs last weekend), perhaps the Rebels (1 week to prepare for the Highlanders at home - although key will be what team the Highlanders field), Sunwolves + points as it looks like the line is way to high), and likely bulk it up with a Crusaders win by 7+.

Important thing to note this year though is all the re-shuffling and resting of ABs from the Kiwi sides - its a nightmare for fantasy, and makes a huge difference to how some of the Kiwi teams go (see Canes last week v Crusaders, they basically forfeited that game before it had even started by resting all their key ABs).

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:09 pm