NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:25 am

No Worries wrote:

Hadn't heard about the lump sum. But pretty sure in my younger days I've matched that video with no intent and drank with the bloke the next day

i was slightly off on my earlier comment, There's an article out at the moment - that isn't being given a run nationally, because why bother broadcasting the truth when you can just pile on the hit-pieces - but contrary to the families claims that have been accepted as gospel, that he's showed no remorse and made no attempt of apology or compensation, he penned a grovelling letter of apology 4 months after this all went down, and has contacted them multiple times trying to negotiate a settlement to which he'd be able to take out a bank loan and pay them back on a lesser scale all while having $300,000 in personal debt, but has been knocked back and told by them to 'sign a big money deal with French rubgy' to pay the full amount... but now they're horrified he's being allowed to play Rugby League...

I'm sorry, this sounds like i'm defending Lodge, but ever since this renewed media interest all i've seen from the victims side is a bunch of exaggerations, lies and contradictions and it's starting to make me question of lot of things, the truth of the ordeal is horrific enough, all they had to do was stick to that and they are golden, the moment they start to lie about stupid shit, it makes me wonder what else they lied about, considering Lodge pretty much gave them a blank cheque by claiming he had no recollection of anything that occurred and didn't show up to the civil case to defend himself.

Furthermore, to your point of Packer serving his time, Lodge has fulfilled his punishment as per his criminal charges stemming from the case, a month at Riker's, 200 hours community service, completion of anger management and alcohol abuse programs and abstainment from alcohol and illicit substances, whether you believe he deserved harsher punishment is valid, but that was what he was given and he has served it.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:38 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Anyway how the fuck is Su'A playing round 1? Do we seriously not have anyone better to take the last bench spot ffs.

Mighty Fishes wrote:What’s wrong with Su’A? Young gun

yeh, gotta agree with MF on this one, Su'A has been an exciting prospect for a couple of years, i'm happy to see him get a shot at a regular first grade spot, i'd have him earmarked as the guy to replace Glenn when his contract expires
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:42 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:What’s wrong with Su’A? Young gun

Is he? Like I said he proved nothing last season to suggest he is going to be anything close to a "young gun"
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:43 am

surmo13 wrote:

yeh, gotta agree with MF on this one, Su'A has been an exciting prospect for a couple of years, i'm happy to see him get a shot at a regular first grade spot, i'd have him earmarked as the guy to replace Glenn when his contract expires

Happy to give him a chance this season to prove himself but it's completely different going from reserve grade/under 20s to the NRL so we'll see how he develops this season.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:21 pm

surmo13 wrote:

i was slightly off on my earlier comment, There's an article out at the moment - that isn't being given a run nationally, because why bother broadcasting the truth when you can just pile on the hit-pieces - but contrary to the families claims that have been accepted as gospel, that he's showed no remorse and made no attempt of apology or compensation, he penned a grovelling letter of apology 4 months after this all went down, and has contacted them multiple times trying to negotiate a settlement to which he'd be able to take out a bank loan and pay them back on a lesser scale all while having $300,000 in personal debt, but has been knocked back and told by them to 'sign a big money deal with French rubgy' to pay the full amount... but now they're horrified he's being allowed to play Rugby League...

I'm sorry, this sounds like i'm defending Lodge, but ever since this renewed media interest all i've seen from the victims side is a bunch of exaggerations, lies and contradictions and it's starting to make me question of lot of things, the truth of the ordeal is horrific enough, all they had to do was stick to that and they are golden, the moment they start to lie about stupid shit, it makes me wonder what else they lied about, considering Lodge pretty much gave them a blank cheque by claiming he had no recollection of anything that occurred and didn't show up to the civil case to defend himself.

Furthermore, to your point of Packer serving his time, Lodge has fulfilled his punishment as per his criminal charges stemming from the case, a month at Riker's, 200 hours community service, completion of anger management and alcohol abuse programs and abstainment from alcohol and illicit substances, whether you believe he deserved harsher punishment is valid, but that was what he was given and he has served it.

“He (Lodge) has never contacted us at all,” Joseph Cartright, who was put in a head lock and punched in the face by the powerfully built, 1.93m tall Lodge, told AAP.

“He has never apologised.

“There has never been a sense of sorrow for his actions.

“It is bewildering to us.”The couple and their New York lawyer, Renan Varghese, disagreed with Mr Greenberg’s comments that Lodge has paid a price for his New York actions. They also rejected Mr Greenberg’s remarks in an interview on Triple M this week there were ongoing discussions “behind the scenes” concerning Lodge’s situation.

“I can tell you there are no discussions going on,” Mr Varghese, a senior associate at Wigdor LLP, said.

“We haven’t heard from Mr Lodge at any point recently and we don’t anticipate to hear from him.

Well if the whole thing is turning into a said/she said about whether or not theres been contact, remorse and an offer of compensation, Im probably not going to believe the scum who threatens to kill children, stalks his girlfriends and doesnt bother to show up to court for it. Fuck him. Hope the NRL deregisters him, the compensation bankrupts him and he spends the rest of his life sleeping in his own piss on the streets.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:07 pm

they won't de-register him

i can't find myself ever changing my stance on him but i think we kinda need to move on from the "he shouldn't be playing" side and just realize he is gonna be playing

i just hope the game as a whole stops 2 things form happening

* some sought of redemption fluff in the media others get, fuck that shit, he'll be a good player on the field, keep at that. he doesn't deserve good publicity ever, still hate the fergusson, packer type stories we get. no amount of degree will make up for the fact packer almost killed a man, ok he served some time, we let him play footy, leave it at that.

* No origin/australian jersey ever, this should have happened to fergy, can't understand how him coming back, playing ok footy (not great) got rewarded with rep jerseys. even if you believe footy players should be able to earn a living after paying for their crimes, rep jerseys can be left to those who don't sexual abuse people (fergy) or the list of things lodge did. to me it seems rather simple to atleast hold a higher standard to the rep honors
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:34 pm

GI
    Thurston
    Roberts
    Hayne
    etc.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:36 pm

No Worries wrote:GI
    Thurston
    Roberts
    Hayne
    etc.

What has Roberts ever done to be mentioned in the same breath as Lodge?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:41 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Well if the whole thing is turning into a said/she said about whether or not theres been contact, remorse and an offer of compensation, Im probably not going to believe the scum who threatens to kill children, stalks his girlfriends and doesnt bother to show up to court for it. Fuck him. Hope the NRL deregisters him, the compensation bankrupts him and he spends the rest of his life sleeping in his own piss on the streets.

well it's not really a he said/she said as much as a 'they said/he wrote', much easier to provide proof of your version of events when you can provide documents to back up your claims...
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:55 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Plenty. Contrary to your comment about Lodge being crucified by the media, others get a free ride.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:11 am

ryno_ wrote:

No Worries wrote:
    Plenty.

Such as...
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:15 am

surmo13 wrote:

well it's not really a he said/she said as much as a 'they said/he wrote', much easier to provide proof of your version of events when you can provide documents to back up your claims...

Have any documents been forthcoming or is it just Lodge's (lawyer's) word that they exist, somewhere?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:25 am

ryno_ wrote:

Have any documents been forthcoming or is it just Lodge's (lawyer's) word that they exist, somewhere?

the reporter refers to e-mails and the exact dates they were sent, so given how much of a bad look it would be for a reporter to look like he is supporting Lodge in all this, i would assume they have been shown to him.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:28 am

ryno_ wrote:

Have any documents been forthcoming or is it just Lodge's (lawyer's) word that they exist,
    surmo wrote:
    the reporter refers to e-mails and the exact dates they were sent, so given how much of a bad look it would be for a reporter to look like he is supporting Lodge in all this, i would assume they have been shown to him.

So the correct answer would be no.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:48 am

ryno_ wrote:

So the correct answer would be no.

not forthcoming to the public, but again, the reporter refers to the contents of e-mails and their exact dating, and even refers to 'leaked legal emails' in his title for the story, so something has obviously been made available to him
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:51 am

surmo13 wrote:

not forthcoming to the public, but again, the reporter refers to the contents of e-mails and their exact dating, and even refers to 'leaked legal emails' in his title for the story, so something has obviously been made available to him

Ah yes, left to trust the integrity and journalistic skills of news corp employees. That's never gone wrong.

If Lodge's lawyers haven't made them available, they dont exist. This isnt some Schrodinger's apology situation - it would be beneficial to Lodge for them to be made public, there is no reason to keep it close to his chest. No release - no exist.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:12 am

ryno_ wrote:

Ah yes, left to trust the integrity and journalistic skills of news corp employees. That's never gone wrong.

If Lodge's lawyers haven't made them available, they dont exist. This isnt some Schrodinger's apology situation - it would be beneficial to Lodge for them to be made public, there is no reason to keep it close to his chest. No release - no exist.

given your disdain for the orange one, i'd thought you'd be careful about shouting 'fake news' about things that don't fit your agenda, but if you wanna live in your echochamber, you do you, i'll be over here trying to find the truths in amongst all this mess, because it's almost never as as happy, convenient and comfortable as you'd like it to be.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:30 am

surmo13 wrote:

given your disdain for the orange one, i'd thought you'd be careful about shouting 'fake news' about things that don't fit your agenda, but if you wanna live in your echochamber, you do you, i'll be over here trying to find the truths in amongst all this mess, because it's almost never as as happy, convenient and comfortable as you'd like it to be.

Im not shouting "fake news" at all. There are 2 directly contradictory reports on events. No proof has been offered for either account.

Until evidence is offered, its a he said/she said argument. One side say they have proof but have not released it, despite it being beneficial for them to do so. That same side refusing to disclose evidence is a demonstrably shit human.

I mean, if you want to pick sides in that and go with Lodge, be my guest. I'm going to continue assuming what hasnt been produced, doesnt exist.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:23 am

It was inevitable that the inmates would turn on themselves

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:20 am

Last edited by surmo13 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:42 am