NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Redneck_hori
    Redneck_hori

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 48 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Post by Redneck_hori Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:48 pm

what about that dragons team!!?? fucking fire!!
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 48 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Post by mickspicks Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:48 pm

Q: Luciano Leilua ($228k FRF) worth a bench spot?
    A: Potentially. He will probably make some money. Friz is injury prone so he’s also the next up.

Q: With Brock Lamb in the 14 for the Knights. Is that a positive for Griffin, and a negative for Watson?
    A: Potentially, although it’s strange Levi got cut completely. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him come back in at some point. They’re trying Watson but there was a rumour Pearce wants Lamb as his halves partner. I think Watson becomes a utility in the next few weeks unless he steps up a lot.

Q: Not a question, I said that Lolohea would get the FB spot though. Surprised Nofo is dropped from the Tigers.
    A: Cleary specifically brought Lolohea over. Thompson has had a good pre-season. Wouldn’t be surprised again to see a lot of shifts in the Tigers side as there seems to be a muddle of players now.

Q: What price will Pita Godinet be and could he be worth picking up?
    A: Not sure on price. Could be a Smokey. Don’t see him being a big impact though but potentially a smaller cash builder.

Q: Mark Nicholls a must have?
    A: For price? Yes. Surgess will shift to prop when he goes off, bringing on Murray. Gurgess will obviously be the other prop rotation but for impact. Nicholls at the price will make good coin you’d think but depends ultimately on minutes (I’m guessing 35-40).

Q: Cameron Murray is on the bench for the Rabbitohs, does that make him an easy pass now?
    A: See above. Don’t know about an easy pass. I reckon he gets 50-60 mins still.

Q: Damien Cook becomes a great option with Farah outside the 17?
    A: Of course.

Q: Ligi Sao and Isaiah Papali'i start for the Warriors. Either of them worth grabbing. I was burned by Isaiah and who is likely to lose their spot to Mannering?
    A: Manners needs to come back. Bunty on bench. Best bet imo would be Paps but don’t see him getting bulk minutes.

Q: With Marshall-King on the bench does that mean you avoid Lichaa now?
    A: Potentially. There’s better options out there now.

Q: Has Viliame Kikau has done enough to keep CHN out of the starting 13 longterm?
    A: I don’t think so. CHN coming off an injury. See their time being split and then going in favour of CHN.

Q: Who makes way for Wallace from Jai Arrow and Leilani Latu?
    A: Tits coach said the other night he sees Latu as an impact player. Will be interesting to see though as Arrow has more versatility which could ultimately impact his starting position.

Q: Havili is still a grab even though Austin is on the bench?
    A: For money, yes. Not sold on Sam Williams yet. Can see a reshuffle of positions in coming weeks.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:48 pm

my tv broke wrote:Booting Murray because he's on the bench opens up a whole world of options as it means I have 600k to spend on any position. This has ruined me.

yep me too
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:49 pm

With that Dragons bench Graham has come back into my thinking
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:57 pm

SI wrote:

I've still got no idea where Josh Aloiai is!  Not in 1sts, not in Ressies, can't find an injury report.  I don't know how we could just lose a bloke that big.  Rochow locking him in the dunnies at Concord is my next bet.

lol! Nearly spat out my Bourbon!
    egosbar

Post by egosbar Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:57 pm

alvaro and murray out crichton and kikau in

thoughts , really tossing up leaving the first option , i think alvaro decent pod and not sure how they will play murray in a couple of weeks if he gets a start he could be a good pod now
    not sure on kikau holding his starting spot

thoughts appreciated

StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:59 pm

UPDATED TEAM

CS9
    Arrow (waiting for DPP change) Lodge
    RFM Whitehead Jurbo
    Croft Walker
    Leilua Kennar
    Turbo Mitchell Katoa

Carty Rochow Murray Griffin

Havili Kikau Isaako Croker or Thompson

I think Murray will still get 50-55 minutes and get about 45 points until he gains match fitness.

Not sure to go with croker or Thompson for early cash
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:00 pm

egosbar wrote:alvaro and murray out crichton and kikau in

thoughts , really tossing up leaving the first option , i think alvaro decent pod and not sure how they will play murray in a couple of weeks if he gets a start he could  be a good pod now
    not sure on kikau holding his starting spot

thoughts appreciated

Alvaro is great worker but his scores will be tied to how many minutes he gets and that Parra bench has 4 big guys in there so I doubt he increases on last year
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:01 pm

mickspicks wrote:Q: Luciano Leilua ($228k FRF) worth a bench spot?
    A: Potentially. He will probably make some money. Friz is injury prone so he’s also the next up.

Q: With Brock Lamb in the 14 for the Knights. Is that a positive for Griffin, and a negative for Watson?
    A: Potentially, although it’s strange Levi got cut completely. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him come back in at some point. They’re trying Watson but there was a rumour Pearce wants Lamb as his halves partner. I think Watson becomes a utility in the next few weeks unless he steps up a lot.

Q: Not a question, I said that Lolohea would get the FB spot though. Surprised Nofo is dropped from the Tigers.
    A: Cleary specifically brought Lolohea over. Thompson has had a good pre-season. Wouldn’t be surprised again to see a lot of shifts in the Tigers side as there seems to be a muddle of players now.

Q: What price will Pita Godinet be and could he be worth picking up?
    A: Not sure on price. Could be a Smokey. Don’t see him being a big impact though but potentially a smaller cash builder.

Q: Mark Nicholls a must have?
    A: For price? Yes. Surgess will shift to prop when he goes off, bringing on Murray. Gurgess will obviously be the other prop rotation but for impact. Nicholls at the price will make good coin you’d think but depends ultimately on minutes (I’m guessing 35-40).

Q: Cameron Murray is on the bench for the Rabbitohs, does that make him an easy pass now?
    A: See above. Don’t know about an easy pass. I reckon he gets 50-60 mins still.

Q: Damien Cook becomes a great option with Farah outside the 17?
    A: Of course.

Q: Ligi Sao and Isaiah Papali'i start for the Warriors. Either of them worth grabbing. I was burned by Isaiah and who is likely to lose their spot to Mannering?
    A: Manners needs to come back. Bunty on bench. Best bet imo would be Paps but don’t see him getting bulk minutes.

Q: With Marshall-King on the bench does that mean you avoid Lichaa now?
    A: Potentially. There’s better options out there now.

Q: Has Viliame Kikau has done enough to keep CHN out of the starting 13 longterm?
    A: I don’t think so. CHN coming off an injury. See their time being split and then going in favour of CHN.

Q: Who makes way for Wallace from Jai Arrow and Leilani Latu?
    A: Tits coach said the other night he sees Latu as an impact player. Will be interesting to see though as Arrow has more versatility which could ultimately impact his starting position.

Q: Havili is still a grab even though Austin is on the bench?
    A: For money, yes. Not sold on Sam Williams yet. Can see a reshuffle of positions in coming weeks.

Exactly how I see the Watson/Lamb scenario as well.

Conincidentally there was a video of Levi smashing some food out of Lamb's hands this morning as a joke. Team mates didn't seem to give Levi much support. Normally a bunch of NRL players would erupt in laughter at that sort of "humour".
    Redneck_hori
    Redneck_hori

Post by Redneck_hori Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:02 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:UPDATED TEAM

CS9
    Arrow (waiting for DPP change) Lodge
    RFM Whitehead Jurbo
    Croft Walker
    Leilua Kennar
    Turbo Mitchell Katoa

Carty Rochow Murray Griffin

Havili Kikau Isaako Croker or Thompson

I think Murray will still get 50-55 minutes and get about 45 points until he gains match fitness.

Not sure to go with croker or Thompson for early cash

I like the kikau isaako picks, the others are duds imo
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:05 pm

So much anger on raiders pages over Austin getting ‘dropped’. I reckon it’s a great move. The bloke had a good season.ay as well not have turned up last year. Bit of pressure on the position I reckon he will have a proper dig. Learn how pass even.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:07 pm

Fortitude wrote:So much anger on raiders pages over Austin getting ‘dropped’. I reckon it’s a great move. The bloke had a good season.ay as well not have turned up last year. Bit of pressure on the position I reckon he will have a proper dig. Learn how pass even.

While Austin is a top bloke, they don't always win you games.
    How many times does he dummy when you have Croker/Leilua outside him and who would love early ball.
    Hope this helps Leilua's fantasy score Smile

Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:09 pm

My team is full of mid range players, i just couldnt pass up all the value but i think its going to hurt me. I think im still mentally having trouble with the salary increase of players, i cant get over paying 600k for a less then 40 avg

I think ill be trading hard early this year.
    Redneck_hori
    Redneck_hori

Post by Redneck_hori Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:09 pm

NAS!!!!

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:10 pm

Shanbon wrote:My team is full of mid range players, i just couldnt pass up all the value but i think its going to hurt me. I think im still mentally having trouble with the salary increase of players, i cant get over paying 600k for a less then 40 avg

I think ill be trading hard early this year.

A lot of value this year, at one stage I forced myself to spend some so opted for gun backs
    Where have you gone mid?
    egosbar

Post by egosbar Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:12 pm

what to do about cleeland , not named but croker and him can swap to cover both halves , with foran the way he is i think cleeland gets a run at some point and will save a trade later

Last edited by egosbar on Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:14 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

While Austin is a top bloke, they don't always win you games.
    How many times does he dummy when you have Croker/Leilua outside him and who would love early ball.
    Hope this helps Leilua's fantasy score Smile
    I think it will help Whitehead, although now he's at lock. Last year Austin would just use him as a dummy runner all the time.
    egosbar

Post by egosbar Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:18 pm

Welshy wrote:

Alvaro is great worker but his scores will be tied to how many minutes he gets and that Parra bench has 4 big guys in there so I doubt he increases on last year

im not to sure , alvaro does work hard and will have to there is plenty of depth at the eels, if he gets 50 minutes he still goes 60 plus and murray in a few weeks will be starting i think

i guess the question really is does crichton and lodge outscore alvaro and murray and i think the answer is yes so in they come and my pod is gone, dam these two i really liked murray and alvaro now they are even bigger pods , ahh i hate decisions like this
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:20 pm

Who would you leave out from Kikau, Croker or Havili?
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:22 pm

Probably Croker imo

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:03 am