NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 48 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Chewie Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 pm

SI wrote:Looks like I'm back in time for a party Very Happy  

Thanks to Moose and Random for setting up the Fantasy and VSDT Leagues Registration threads.  I'll just be running the Cash Comp and Fantasy L2 or L3 this year.  I am normally not so busy at this time of the year.  Unfortunately at the moment I am, and also will be overseas for the week before 1st Lockout and may or may not have reliable internet.  

I see no-one has been added to the BANNED POSTER'S list so that's always a good sign that you rapscallions have been behaving Very Happy

Now you know how to post GIFs you are more than welcome to join L51 Razz

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 48 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Guest Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:33 pm

How long does the mumps affect people?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:56 pm

SI wrote:I think I asked this last week, but did we come up with a consensus on the ideal bench makeup in regards positions for this year?

Is DPP more important or less important?  Is the early multiple bench hookers theory still the way to go?  I'll catch up on the last couple of threads tonight and tomorrow.

I as long as you cover every position, bench should be filled based on who provides the most value.

WL made a good point earlier in that he plans to have plenty of WFB/CTR on his bench to start the year. Easier for a rookie back to get good minutes and make money than a rookie forward, who often won't get enough game time to make cash.
    Start out with a few wingers on the bench, and (assuming you picked the right ones) cash them in for value-buy forwards as they make money

The good thing about the free bench is that you can chaneg what positions you cover on a week-to-week basis. Start out with whoever you think is going to make the most money, and as the season progresses cash in on whoever you think is ripe for the plucking. Some gun will cop an injury effected low score and see his price drop - time ti right and cash in when he is at his lowest.

All this easier said than done, but its the aim at least.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:04 am

Missed a whole week and a bit at a training course, did i miss anything important?
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:04 am

Might run with this but could well change when team lists come out

Cam
    Liu
    RCG

B Cartwright
    Brown
    Murray

JT
    Croft

Mile
    Hiku

GI
    Ponga
    Teddy

RFM
    Lodge
    Watson
    Havili

Croker,Fonua,Kennar,Cleeland

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:06 am

Milchcow wrote:

I as long as you cover every position, bench should be filled based on who provides the most value.

WL made a good point earlier in that he plans to have plenty of WFB/CTR on his bench to start the year. Easier for a rookie back to get good minutes and make money than a rookie forward, who often won't get enough game time to make cash.
    Start out with a few wingers on the bench, and (assuming you picked the right ones) cash them in for value-buy forwards as they make money

The good thing about the free bench is that you can chaneg what positions you cover on a week-to-week basis. Start out with whoever you think is going to make the most money, and as the season progresses cash in on whoever you think is ripe for the plucking. Some gun will cop an injury effected low score and see his price drop - time ti right and cash in when he is at his lowest.

All this easier said than done, but its the aim at least.
    I'll probably risk not having an AE for the front row. I can't remember coping an AE last season except for during the byes. I've kept on top of last minute changes
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:08 am

Chewie wrote:
    I'll probably risk not having an AE for the front row. I can't remember coping an AE last season except for during the byes. I've kept on top of last minute changes

Keeping on top of last minute changes will do you no good if you don't have anyone to sub in should one of your starters go down.

And what happens if one of them gets a 1-week injury. Going to spend a trade or 2 getting temporary cover in and out?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:11 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:How long does the mumps affect people?

Get vaccinated.

Week or two at most.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:18 am

Random wrote:

Get vaccinated.

Week or two at most.

Teddy has it too now reportedly.

Mind you it’s the kissing disease isn’t it? It started with Aubbs I’m surprised the whole team doesn’t have it
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:24 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Mind you it’s the kissing disease isn’t it? It started with Aubbs I’m surprised the whole team doesn’t have it  
    Kissing disease? Is there a vaccine?

Good thing 95% of Fantasy Fanatics are immune.
    Buramada
    Buramada

Post by Buramada Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:27 am

MrCashman wrote:Might run with this but could well change when team lists come out

Cam
    Liu
    RCG

B Cartwright
    Brown
    Murray

JT
    Croft

Mile
    Hiku

GI
    Ponga
    Teddy

RFM
    Lodge
    Watson
    Havili

Croker,Fonua,Kennar,Cleeland

There was an article out earlier this week suggesting that Thurston might sit back a bit and let Michael Morgan be the dominant half. Hard to know what that entails but worth considering how it affects JT's scores.

On another note, the news about GI over the past few days has been interesting. It actually seems like now he might stay in centre and let Alex Johnston have a chance to shine. If this is true and AJ can replicate his from at FB at the end of last season, he may decent WFB option.

Priced at 38 with a 2017 average fo 42.

However if you look at his last 4 games at WFB to close out the season, they were 55, 72, 57 & 82. A few tries involved in that but still nonethless, that is Tedescoesque for the price of Nick Cotric. Food for thought!
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:27 am

Roosters must do a lot of strange things at training

Before you know it, it will be full blown AIDS
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:29 am

Milchcow wrote:

Keeping on top of last minute changes will do you no good if you don't have anyone to sub in should one of your starters go down.

And what happens if one of them gets a 1-week injury. Going to spend a trade or 2 getting temporary cover in and out?

I'm happy to burn a trade in the early rounds... I just don't see any cheap FRF to my liking at the moment. Hopefully one will pop up before round 1
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:30 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Noooooooooooo! Sauce
    Buramada
    Buramada

Post by Buramada Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:31 am

MrCashman wrote:Roosters must do a lot of strange things at training

Before you know it, it will be full blown AIDS

Aubusson Incidently Donated Sperm?

MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:32 am

Buramada wrote:

There was an article out earlier this week suggesting that Thurston might sit back a bit and let Michael Morgan be the dominant half. Hard to know what that entails but worth considering how it affects JT's scores.

On another note, the news about GI over the past few days has been interesting. It actually seems like now he might stay in centre and let Alex Johnston have a chance to shine. If this is true and AJ can replicate his from at FB at the end of last season, he may decent WFB option.

Priced at 38 with a 2017 average fo 42.

However if you look at his last 4 games at WFB to close out the season, they were 55, 72, 57 & 82. A few tries involved in that but still nonethless, that is Tedescoesque for the price of Nick Cotric. Food for thought!

Seen the article with JT but I can't see him sitting back, he wants to get involved in every bit of the game, that's what makes him so great, he is just a winner

GI will be in the centres but the talk is he might miss round 1, gees he should be roaring to go not ummming and Arring

I'm gettn teddy, I have the cash and he will dominate
    Buramada
    Buramada

Post by Buramada Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:35 am

Buramada wrote:

An Incredibly Diabolical Scandal

Also Involving Dogs Supporters

Post by Guest Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:39 am

mulvy wrote:

Noooooooooooo!  Sauce

Get your mod badge and demanding things already I see...

Nah haha The Mole 'reported' so its probably not true Teddy probably coughed once and the media is all over it

Post by Guest Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:42 am

Buramada wrote:

Buramada wrote:

An Incredibly Diabolical Scandal

Also Involving Dogs Supporters

Did you just quote and answer yourself? lol!

Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:46 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Get your mod badge and demanding things already I see...

Nah haha The Mole 'reported' so its probably not true Teddy probably coughed once and the media is all over it
    Teddy coughed? Put him down for a month out then. Basketball

Unrelated request - can we get a new emoticon which is something like this 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 48 7676a129004681f52b5c0f46dd8064ae?width=650

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:33 pm