NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:55 pm

Welshy... you might know this but as well as streams there are betting sites that show the games for free in the UK. The massive benefit of watching it on a bookies site is that they usually take the pictures but don't have any commentary.
    Welshy
    Welshy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 27 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:58 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Welshy... you might know this but as well as streams there are betting sites that show the games for free in the UK. The massive benefit of watching it on a bookies site is that they usually don't have any commentary.

Which ones mate?

Apparently watchnrl.com are the streaming service showing all the games and they reckon its going to be £22 a month

Premier sports was £10 a month with no need for streaming and recording features for the early morning games, I'm gutted
    Shooter McGavin
    Shooter McGavin

Post by Shooter McGavin Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:04 am

Welshy wrote:Tigers fans....

Liddle is injured to start season isn't he?

Will they 80 minutes out of him when he is fully fit?

Liddle is injured to start the season most likely (barring insane recovery). I reckon Cleary will ease Liddle into over his first month or two. They'll want 80 minutes out of him eventually.

I would expect Benji off the bench who can slot in anywhere from 1-7 and 9 in case of a recurring hamstring injury to Brooks and/or Reynolds or to give Liddle a breather or for injury/concussion cover.

Liddle after a month or two of playing = 70 mins (if no injuries/concussions) or the full 80 if anything unexpected happens (eg.injury)

I would expect Mcllwrick to play Hooker until Liddle returns sharing the hooking role with Taylor and/or Marshall. After this he will most likely see time out of FG as he cant play big minutes due to dodgy knees
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:17 am

@Welshy Bet365 do it and I think Coral. You'll need an account with funds in to access live events, but £1 deposit is cheaper than Sky.

Cricfree and Vipbox always have decent streams from the Aussie broadcasters too if you don't mind going that way but picture quality from the bookies more reliable..
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:20 am

rhinoceroo wrote:@Welshy Bet365 do it and I think Coral. You'll need an account with funds in to access live events, but £1 deposit is cheaper than Sky.

Cricfree and Vipbox always have decent streams from the Aussie broadcasters too if you don't mind going that way.

Cheers mate i got accounts with both, I've already got the full sky package its just they are only showing 3 live games a round and taking away the rest of the premier sports coverage, really annoying

Thanks for the info pal
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:31 am

Shooter McGavin wrote:

Liddle is injured to start the season most likely (barring insane recovery). I reckon Cleary will ease Liddle into over his first month or two. They'll want 80 minutes out of him eventually.

I would expect Benji off the bench who can slot in anywhere from 1-7 and 9 in case of a recurring hamstring injury to Brooks and/or Reynolds or to give Liddle a breather or for injury/concussion cover.

Liddle after a month or two of playing = 70 mins (if no injuries/concussions) or the full 80 if anything unexpected happens (eg.injury)

I would expect Mcllwrick to play Hooker until Liddle returns sharing the hooking role with Taylor and/or Marshall. After this he will most likely see time out of FG as he cant play big minutes due to dodgy knees

Cheers mate, I will be keeping a close eye on Liddle
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:34 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Just a bit of a look at Lachlan Croker.

He has played 1 NRL game in his career. Starting five-eighth for Camberra round 2 in 2016

He scored 0 points in 38 minutes at 0ppm

8 tackles
    3 run metres (slow down there buddy)
    30 kick metres
    1 kick defusal
    1 error
    1 penalty conceded
    3 missed tackles.

If he gets an 80 minutes spot for Manly he might manage to score as many as 4 points in a single game. If he get lucky and he scores a try he might hit double figures.

Ok slight exaggeration there, but lots of people want to start him. What sort of numbers are you expecting.
    Could well be just another Kane Elgey - who needed to score tries just to get past 25 points in a game.

Where are our NYC experts and statesmen though because he was a fantastic player for us in the lower grades for a good while and having watched him in several matches he was dead solid. Good kicking game and regular try assists. Appreciate he stunk it up when he got his one shot at Canberra but wouldn’t write him off.

Anyways I think your point remains valid that he is best served initially as 18-21 player
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:53 am

Milchcow wrote:If you wanted the highest possible projected score (ignoring salary cap for now)

Cam Smith 62
    Fifita 59 Ryan James 50
    Cam Murray (c) 130 JTrbo 62  Mannering 62
    Croft 55 Pearce 53
    Gagai 47 Latrell 44
    Tapana 53 Mansour 53 Tedesco 52

Gallen 58
    Brown 57
    Taumalolo 56
    McCullough 54

1007 points - but you'd need a Roosters level salary cap for that

Might work out best possible projected within cap.
    Will look nothing like our teams - Milne projected for 13, Garvey for 9

I don’t have a single iteration with either Gallen or Fifita which seems a bit wrong actually
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:03 am

Random wrote:

He is playing in a more competent team, with less of the attacking focus necessarily going through him and him being required to make big plays. He could certainly drop in value as Cronk, Tedesco and Friend all find their feet together.

Didn’t drop in fantasy value when playing for the Blues from memory and that’s the only thing we have to compare with, with him. The guy is a machine and pretty much any opposing rationale is clutching
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:54 am

my tv broke wrote:

That was me, cheers.

Line of thinking.. what are teddys scores like in a strong side. Obvs a small sample

That answers my question too. 57pt average and LOL at anyone that removes the tries or 90pt match as that is exactly what Teddy is all about, even from small samples
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:57 am

Welshy wrote:

Which ones mate?

Apparently watchnrl.com are the streaming service showing all the games and they reckon its going to be £22 a month

Premier sports was £10 a month with no need for streaming and recording features for the early morning games, I'm gutted

I must have missed something. We got no more Premier Sports Welshy?!
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:12 am

On the Tedesco debate I really don't see how some think he won't average more. Quite often last year Teddy wouldn't even get an opportunity for a kick return or receive the ball in an attacking position for a whole half because the Tigers were either letting in tries, or not getting any field position (early season). I remember thinking how the hell does this guy average around 50. I believe he will see just as much ball and definitely in better positions re: catching the ball on his own 20 metre line. When the Tigers competed better at the back end of the year he averaged 56. I think there is the potential for him to average 55-60, especially if he at least doubles his try tally from the 5 he got last year.

I just think about the reverse of RTS (from Roosters to Warriors) and feel that it could be the opposite effect for Teddy (from Tigers to Roosters).

GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:34 am

Warriors wrote:On the Tedesco debate I really don't see how some think he won't average more. Quite often last year Teddy wouldn't even get an opportunity for a kick return or receive the ball in an attacking position for a whole half because the Tigers were either letting in tries, or not getting any field position (early season). I remember thinking how the hell does this guy average around 50. I believe he will see just as much ball and definitely in better positions re: catching the ball on his own 20 metre line. When the Tigers competed better at the back end of the year he averaged 56. I think there is the potential for him to average 55-60, especially if he at least doubles his try tally from the 5 he got last year.

I just think about the reverse of RTS (from Roosters to Warriors) and feel that it could be the opposite effect for Teddy (from Tigers to Roosters).

Not sure I even need an increase to not take him out of my team but good points. Only injury should stop Him being in every side
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:39 am

Also on Croft, whilst I see the appeal I am also just a little weary. He has played a total of two games with Munster at five eighth, and 1 game with Smith at hooker. Two of his four games were against origin depleted teams, and his 55 average from four games consists of 4 tries. The game where he played with Munster, Smith and Slater is hard to gauge any sense of KM's/attacking stats etc because he scored 3 tries on his way to 75 points in a big win over Newcastle. I wouldn't be surprised if he averaged around the 40 points that Cronk averaged last year. Week in week out football is tougher on the body and if he picks up any niggles it wouldn't surprise me to see him rested.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:26 am

Milchcow wrote:

I think Vaughan will come back down a little after going massive in 2017

People might argue about whether or not Teddy will improve in a team that doesn't rely on him. But surely Woods will see less workload now that he is in a team that has quality forwards. No need for him to do everything.

Taupau has been mentioned a few times. He has averaged about the same for the past 3 years now. Nothing has changed to change that. He can go large, but not quite as consistently as some.

That said, these guys might all still end up in the top 4, because most of the top front rowers from recent seasons are 2RF only in the game these days.

If i can fit him in im tempted to start with Taupau. He is a keeper with dpp and plays in the first bye. His mins are normally pretty solid at the start of the season?
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:31 am

Warriors wrote:Also on Croft, whilst I see the appeal I am also just a little weary. He has played a total of two games with Munster at five eighth, and 1 game with Smith at hooker. Two of his four games were against origin depleted teams, and his 55 average from four games consists of 4 tries. The game where he played with Munster, Smith and Slater is hard to gauge any sense of KM's/attacking stats etc because he scored 3 tries on his way to 75 points in a big win over Newcastle. I wouldn't be surprised if he averaged around the 40 points that Cronk averaged last year. Week in week out football is tougher on the body and if he picks up any niggles it wouldn't surprise me to see him rested.

Yeah i agree. I think his average got a big boost from all those tries last season. Id be more keen if he was a bit cheaper.
    Not the worst option though. Will be watching him closely in the wcc game
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:43 am

Honey Badger wrote:

If i can fit him in im tempted to start with Taupau. He is a keeper with dpp and plays in the first bye.  His mins are normally pretty solid at the start of the season?

Good shout. Going to find the extra and bring him in for Graham
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:46 am

I’ve started building my team from bottom up and think it’s a good strategy with this new format.

Get 4 you are comfortable with as 18-21
    Create your optimal cost effective bench

Then build first 13 with new budget limitation. It’s a way to end up with a bench like Cook/Arrow Watson Cartwright Latu instead of Garvey Croker etc

Surprisingly with Likes of Milne and Hiku such good enablers in the backline, team still scrubs up very well
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:52 am

GreenMachine wrote:

Where are our NYC experts and statesmen though because he was a fantastic player for us in the lower grades for a good while and having watched him in several matches he was dead solid. Good kicking game and regular try assists. Appreciate he stunk it up when he got his one shot at Canberra but wouldn’t write him off.

Anyways I think your point remains valid that he is best served initially as 18-21 player

Croker played 22 games for an average of 29 points in NSW Cup Last year

Got my stats from Here

I know he was highly rated by the Raiders, But he wouldn't be the first highly rated youngster not to kick on in the NRL.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:54 am

I wish there was some clear cut news on the Farah/Cook situation. Knowing the vital piece of information if Farah makes the 17 completely changes my squad makeup.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 pm