NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun May 27, 2018 10:38 pm

FWIW a number of teams (in the top 10) got stung this week with the Matterson late withdrawal and Fifita too. I noticed 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 8th didn't shift either out, and 7th couldn't swap out Fifita.

So potentially a few spots to be made by some of you.

I still scored poorly this week despite managing to avoid getting an AE (823) but I notice a number of people in our league hit 900+. IMO anything over 850 is pretty decent this round!

Milchcow
    Milchcow

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 40 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Milchcow Sun May 27, 2018 11:12 pm

754 for me.

Didn't adjust for Fifita or Matterson. Could easily have passed 850 as I had Kikau and Inglis in my NPRs.

Out of the eliminator too.

So that is it for me in this comp. I'll still keep an eye on my team to help maintain league rankings but won't be spending hours planning trades.

With Fantasy now having ranked subs (even with loophole), don't see how I can go back to the lowest scoring AE. Its just such a shitty system that requires you to be online all the time. And I'd much rather have a life on weekends than have to worry about my team going shit if I'm not always payign attention
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Sun May 27, 2018 11:37 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    754 for me.

Didn't adjust for Fifita or Matterson. Could easily have passed 850 as I had Kikau and Inglis in my NPRs.

Out of the eliminator too.

So that is it for me in this comp. I'll still keep an eye on my team to help maintain league rankings but won't be spending hours planning trades.

With Fantasy now having ranked subs (even with loophole), don't see how I can go back to the lowest scoring AE. Its just such a shitty system that requires you to be online all the time. And I'd much rather have a life on weekends than have to worry about my team going shit if I'm not always payign attention

Combination of the two systems would be nice huh!

Completely agree, I had two party's yesterday USA time, and had to be the shitter that kept jumping on his phone to make sure my fantasy team was sorted. Luck Americans are obsessed with fantasy sports so I didn't look like a complete chump Smile

If it wasn't for the fact I was on holiday though there's no way I can be online to deal with this stuff.

On the other hand I find the loophole situation over at NRLF even more annoying. IMO it adds a dimension to the game that turns it into nonsense.

Simple answer (as you and several others have said before) is ranked subs and no rolling lock out....will never happen though!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 28, 2018 12:21 am

I spend a lot of time on this forum, but most of my time actually looking at my fantasy team and doing spreadsheets/trades etc, is during the evening after the family has gone to bed.

During the weekend, I play sport, I have kids sport, and if I'm free after that I'm normally out entertaining the kids. I often don't get time to play on my phone, and I rarely sit down in front of a computer. Evening games I am generally around to fix lineup changes but the afternoon games are often tough.
    Years ago there was no rolling lockout, so once the round kicked off you could relax and let things play out. The now constant need to be online all the time I think plays a part in the falling numbers of fantasy players over the past few years. if you aren't committed you can't compete.

Ranked subs and no rolling lockout would be so easy. Fantasy premierleague has been running that way forever and it functions just fine.
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Mon May 28, 2018 12:43 am

Its open, up to 8th and gained 80 points on first, now im only 400 behind him Rip Rip
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Mon May 28, 2018 5:35 am

969 for me this week and round rank of 3rd

not bad but i am too far behind to be any kind of a threat !!
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon May 28, 2018 6:34 am

My ranking is crap so I'll just focus on the eliminator now. I have 14 players this week and only 16 trades left so no trading this week and focusing on bringing round 17 players in over the next 4 weeks.

Team for this week:

Griffin (Cook)
    Fifita, Taupau (JFH, Kikau)
    Taumalolo, Murray, Gosiewski (Arrow, Trbojevic, Martin)
    DCE, JT (Brimson, Cartwright)
    Matterson, Marsters (Fonua, Matthews)
    Watson, Ponga, G. Jennings (Tedesco, Inglis)

Smith needs to come in next week for Griffin so a downgrade will be needed. Who will be the best cheapie downgrade next week?

Also JT needs to go ASAP. I can't believe I've had him all season. I might have to get Watson to Half next week somehow and bench JT.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon May 28, 2018 7:56 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:My ranking is crap so I'll just focus on the eliminator now. I have 14 players this week and only 16 trades left so no trading this week and focusing on bringing round 17 players in over the next 4 weeks.

Team for this week:

Griffin (Cook)
    Fifita, Taupau (JFH, Kikau)
    Taumalolo, Murray, Gosiewski (Arrow, Trbojevic, Martin)
    DCE, JT (Brimson, Cartwright)
    Matterson, Marsters (Fonua, Matthews)
    Watson, Ponga, G. Jennings (Tedesco, Inglis)

Smith needs to come in next week for Griffin so a downgrade will be needed. Who will be the best cheapie downgrade next week?

Also JT needs to go ASAP. I can't believe I've had him all season. I might have to get Watson to Half next week somehow and bench JT.

If you're focusing on the eliminator, then there is no need to worry about Rd 17 mate as you will have a bye that week.

JT is my problem also and I'll be looking to turn him into SJ as soon as I have confidence the bloke can stay on the park.

Speaking of that and funnily enough (well it would be funny if it wasn't so painful), SJ has played 6 games, compared to JT's 12 and has scored 4 less points in total!!
    I literally could have played SJ and got an AE for every one of those 6 rounds and still ended up better off than owning JT.......
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 28, 2018 8:12 am

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 40 AKUtXhN
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon May 28, 2018 8:28 am

Thanks Milch.

Quick question, how hard would it be to filter the list to Rd13 player's only?

If more than a 2 min job don't worry but just thought I'd ask in case it is easy and because I am lazy...
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Mon May 28, 2018 11:28 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Combination of the two systems would be nice huh!

Completely agree, I had two party's yesterday USA time, and had to be the shitter that kept jumping on his phone to make sure my fantasy team was sorted. Luck Americans are obsessed with fantasy sports so I didn't look like a complete chump Smile

If it wasn't for the fact I was on holiday though there's no way I can be online to deal with this stuff.

On the other hand I find the loophole situation over at NRLF even more annoying. IMO it adds a dimension to the game that turns it into nonsense.

Simple answer (as you and several others have said before) is ranked subs and no rolling lock out....will never happen though!

Thanks Milch and RnT. Appreciate the effort/thoughts you both put into the game and this forum.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Mon May 28, 2018 11:34 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

If you're focusing on the eliminator, then there is no need to worry about Rd 17 mate as you will have a bye that week.

JT is my problem also and I'll be looking to turn him into SJ as soon as I have confidence the bloke can stay on the park.

Speaking of that and funnily enough (well it would be funny if it wasn't so painful), SJ has played 6 games, compared to JT's 12 and has scored 4 less points in total!!
    I literally could have played SJ and got an AE for every one of those 6 rounds and still ended up better off than owning JT.......

I've still got JT too... Have SJ sitting in my reserves, have been waiting for him to get fit to get rid of JT. Now I'm playing him again this week for the bye round. He'll hardly be worth trading out at this rate.

I just managed to scrape through my eliminator match-up week. I was initially planning on trading hard through the bye period to try and make up some overall ground, but now I'm thinking I should go easy over Rds 13 and 17 and concentrate on the eliminator...
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 28, 2018 2:13 pm

This is everyone not listed as bye, injured, or suspended on the site
    Think its accurate but haven't checked it thoroughly

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 40 YhICoa4
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue May 29, 2018 1:55 am

Thanks Milch you legend
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Wed May 30, 2018 2:55 am

Hey Guys, just confirming that if my only non scoring player in my 17 is (say) Tedesco, the only non-reserve player on my bench will get the AE? (I think this is the case, but I've been trying to play all 3 versions this year and the different rules are confusing me!)

(just trying to decide if I buy a WFB, or to leave Tedesco on the field and buy the highest averaging player available for AE)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 30, 2018 3:07 am

TheWeapon wrote:Hey Guys, just confirming that if my only non scoring player in my 17 is (say) Tedesco, the only non-reserve player on my bench will get the AE? (I think this is the case, but I've been trying to play all 3 versions this year and the different rules are confusing me!)

(just trying to decide if I buy a WFB, or to leave Tedesco on the field and buy the highest averaging player available for AE)

It doesn't matter what position they play, or whether they are a starter or a reserve.

If you have a non-player in your 17, they will be replaced by the lowest positive score on your bench. If you only have 1 player take the field outside your 17, then they will be your AE.
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Wed May 30, 2018 3:14 am

Sweet, that's what I thought.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 30, 2018 7:07 am

Captains loophole will likely be a possibility for everyone this round too if you so desire.

I'll probably chuck the (vc) on Taupau or Tolo and the (c) on Fifita.

Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Thu May 31, 2018 3:21 am

Having Ese’ese out this week reminds me of the folly of too much bye planning! Picking him over Alvaro last week looks like a dud decision based on his unavailability this week alone.

Bringing in Taupau and Taumalolo this week for Kikau and RFM. Means also having to cash Mitchell out (for Doueihi), but figure it’s worth it for a couple of keepers who play this week.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 31, 2018 8:31 am

The Fifita news has me concerned about having the C on him... no-one really stands out though.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm