NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 08, 2018 12:00 pm

code delta wrote:

I've been running with Cody Walker. Averages 51

Thanks mate!

Yeah, certainly on my radar. The part that worries me is, and has been all season, is that his scores basically come from one big play (most often a try) and I keep thinking he can't continue to score tries at that rate.....BUT HE DOES lol.

So yup, I think he's the obvious choice, but if he goes try-less for a few rounds it could hurt. Alternatively I guess Im throwing around options with better base stats: ARey and JT for example, much cheaper and will tend to get 20 points from goals and KM alone.Trouble is that might be all they get....

The other thought is with Norman. Putting up big scores but he did that for a few rounds last year and then went off the boil...

My decision may well be determined by what else I do - i.e. dealing with the Merrin injury.

MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 35 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by MilfordTheMagician Tue May 08, 2018 3:56 pm

RTS or Rapana?
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 08, 2018 6:15 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:RTS or Rapana?

Im a bit weary of both. RTS without SJ may not quite have the same output. Certainly the numbers so far aren't great. TO be honest I haven't followed Rapana this year so can't really comment, but the reason I've not been following is his numbers have been terrible compared to last years.

I'd go RTS.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 08, 2018 6:28 pm

Who's got Murray? and what are you thinking of doing with him? quite high BE this week but probably not high enough to warrant panic trading him out? Hod for a week and see what his role is gonna be off the bench? That's kinda where Im at with him currently.

That being said with Merrin, Arrow, SJ, and Murray all in my team I probably don't have much choice but to not only hold Murray but start him too....

Is there an update on Merrin? Wasn't expecting him to be named this week? Good thing he plays early.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue May 08, 2018 9:09 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

That being said with Merrin, Arrow, SJ, and Murray all in my team I probably don't have much choice but to not only hold Murray but start him too....

Is there an update on Merrin? Wasn't expecting him to be named this week? Good thing he plays early.

Posted in the FF thread was that Merrin's only problem is if his finger gets infected.
    I got rid of Murray as soon as he had the first week injured. Tries and big plays late in games inflated his price. I'll sit on Arrow and SJ until we know more next week.
    You are obviously traveling better than me but if I had to play Murray I'd be looking at trading for someone better. That might not be possible of cause. Just thinking he is now part of 3 that are part of an 80 minute rotation with the 3 Burgess boys playing so well.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue May 08, 2018 9:27 pm

code delta wrote:

Posted in the FF thread was that Merrin's only problem is if his finger gets infected.
    I got rid of Murray as soon as he had the first week injured. Tries and big plays late in games inflated his price. I'll sit on Arrow and SJ until we know more next week.
    You are obviously traveling better than me but if I had to play Murray I'd be looking at trading for someone better. That might not be possible of cause. Just thinking he is now part of 3 that are part of an 80 minute rotation with the 3 Burgess boys playing so well.

Thanks mate, that's some good news at least. Merrin's been a bit of a disappointment but you can pretty much rely on him for 40 points sometimes more if he gets some attacking stats. That gives me more options for my starting 17.
    JustHerefortheBreakEvens
    JustHerefortheBreakEvens

Post by JustHerefortheBreakEvens Wed May 09, 2018 2:13 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Thanks mate!

Yeah, certainly on my radar. The part that worries me is, and has been all season, is that his scores basically come from one big play (most often a try) and I keep  thinking he can't continue to score tries at that rate.....BUT HE DOES lol.

So yup, I think he's the obvious choice, but if he goes try-less for a few rounds it could hurt. Alternatively I guess Im throwing around options with better base stats: ARey and JT for example, much cheaper and will tend to get 20 points from goals and KM alone.Trouble is that might be all they get....

The other thought is with Norman. Putting up big scores but he did that for a few rounds last year and then went off the boil...

My decision may well be determined by what else I do - i.e. dealing with the Merrin injury.

i have Hunt....23 in a team that scored 30 points hurts tho. has a decent 3 game average and has been pretty fair weekly.

i just brought in ARey as well. looks bottom dollar and plays 13 seems a no brainer
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed May 09, 2018 2:44 pm

I've got 4 injured players and not a single green dot.

Cunts fucked this week.
    JustHerefortheBreakEvens
    JustHerefortheBreakEvens

Post by JustHerefortheBreakEvens Wed May 09, 2018 2:54 pm

My round 13 team is looking shot.
    Hooker - NIL
    FRF - Fifita, Nicholls, Surgess
    2RF - Murray, Sorensen (hopefiully)
    Halves - DCE, ARey
    Centres - Capewell, Matterson
    Wing/FB - GJennings

team of 10 OUCH
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Wed May 09, 2018 4:39 pm

Been out of range for a little while, just catching up on developments last weekend. Up to 19th overall with 843. Would have been considerably better if I didn't keep insisting on putting the (C) on Smith. I think his time as automatic captain is well and truly up.

I've got Arrow, Sorensen and SJ sitting injured on my bench, but trading out Cartwright is a higher priority this week. Murray is a hold too I reckon. Looking at going Cartwright - Capewell. I know there are some questions about Capewell's longevity but prepared to take the chance. Might also be a useful DPP to sub with Matterson down the track.

For the other trade, I am struggling to pick the right move. Sooner rather than later I want to get guys like Taumololo, DCE, Taupau in but will need to move some players out to raise cash and grab some decent cows to restart cash generation.

Team at the moment is:

Smith, Cook
    Fifita, Surgess, Kikau, Paseka
    JTurbo, Griffin, Murray, Arrow, RFM, Sorensen
    SJ, JT, Walker, Frawley
    Matterson, Mitchell, Capewell (in this week), G.Jennings
    Tedesco, Ponga, Inglis, Thompson, Katoa
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Wed May 09, 2018 6:30 pm

MilfordTheMagician wrote:RTS or Rapana?
    I have both, just got Rapana and it was a hard watch with those hogs Austin and Tapine on his side. You dont realise how bad they are until you own a player outside them. And thats just getting it to BJ. Both have a nice run of games at home. SJ out lessens RTS appeal i think, and this seems to be occuring a fair bit. Few things to consider if you havent already?
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Thu May 10, 2018 8:02 am

@SI and @Rippin and Tearin i didnt see it but a mate said Merrin was on the news with a cast up to his elbow so id say although named hes no chance this week if you boys or anyone else still has him
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu May 10, 2018 9:00 am

Bullbender wrote:@SI and @Rippin and Tearin i didnt see it but a mate said Merrin was on the news with a cast up to his elbow so id say although named hes no chance this week if you boys or anyone else still has him

Today's paper says he couldn't catch a ball Monday, is suppose to be out for up to 6 weeks but because of the Panthers horrific injury toll will be lacing up the boots and playing
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 10, 2018 10:47 am

No Worries wrote:

Today's paper says he couldn't catch a ball Monday, is suppose to be out for up to 6 weeks but because of the Panthers horrific injury toll will be lacing up the boots and playing

Im not sure if thats a good thing or not (as a Merrin Owner) - good I guess.

Who's holding Arrow? Who's trading him?

Who's holding SJ, Who's trading him?

No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu May 10, 2018 10:52 am

I'm holding Arrow.
    Does anyone else not have dots except injuries ?
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Thu May 10, 2018 11:30 am

arrow to mahe this week for me. Will choose between Rein and Inglis as my final reserve. Want to start saving some trades

Murray stays this week.

Another week tempting fate with no smith, taupau, lolo etc.
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Thu May 10, 2018 12:21 pm

No Worries wrote:

Just heard it mentioned again by one of the guys on the SC Allstars podcast. So something must of been shown? Just passing on the info boys, doesnt affect me
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Thu May 10, 2018 1:29 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Thanks mate!

Yeah, certainly on my radar. The part that worries me is, and has been all season, is that his scores basically come from one big play (most often a try) and I keep  thinking he can't continue to score tries at that rate.....BUT HE DOES lol.

I brought Townsend for Cartwright this week. Does most of the kicking, plays round 13 and is NOT made of glass.
    Not bad as a backup half for DCE and SJ !!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu May 10, 2018 1:35 pm

Bullbender wrote:

Just heard it mentioned again by one of the guys on the SC Allstars podcast. So something must of been shown? Just passing on the info boys, doesn't affect me

Sorry, what was mentioned? That it was supposed to be a 6 week injury?

Luckily he plays early. Will just have to make a late switch if he doesn't play. Probably mean I keep Arrow and trade Merrin instead....
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu May 10, 2018 4:22 pm

"Trent Merrin made a miraculous return to Penrith training on Wednesday after having his dislocated finger operated on just three days earlier.

While delighted to have the representative prop back for Friday's clash against Newcastle,"

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mended-merrin-gets-panthers-goose-of-the-week-award-20180509-p4zea8.html

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 pm