NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:49 am

Haven't heard anything on Arrow. Back Spasms restricted his minutes last week by the looks but has anything been mentioned about him this week?

A roughie to consider taking a punt on in the next few weeks could be Jack Williams. DPP 2RF/C and seems to have gotten a starting 2RF spot due to sharks injuries. He is only $164k and if he gets 60min he could be a good cash out/starting C if you are struggling for a C to partner Matterson.

Anyone know much about him?
    Concussed
    Concussed

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Concussed Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:59 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Yeah, Im waiting on news for him too. I've seen stuff that says anything from 1 week up to 4 weeks but in general it seems its not as bad as first thought. Sorry don't have any sources of details you can bank on, but I think the verdict was a bone bruise and nothing more serious than that. Seems like it could just be 1 week.

I don't own Brown, but NRL has him listed as back week 8.

Still nothing on Murray although straight after I traded him out (because I was concerned there was no news) I saw a post suggesting it was just a minor tweak and the implication was he would be back this week. That being said I haven't seen any more on this.

My approach will be first to wait and see what news comes out, and then at this stage I think its fine to carry one guy, tricky but doable to carry 2, but probably not realistic to carry three guns on the sidelines.

The worst thing with all these three guys is that they are probably all likely to play 13. Makes me more reluctant to trade them out...

I really hope at least one of them is playing this week then, as I am dead against trading any of them with Rnd 13 in mind

Do we think that Taumalolo is going to go back to gun status, or was last week the anomaly? He has had a very quiet start to this season, and even though he went BOOM last week, he shifted to 2nd Row when Hess went off for an HIA if I remember correctly? I love watching him play and he can break tackles with ease most of the time, but he has been unusually quiet so far...
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:09 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Haven't heard anything on Arrow. Back Spasms restricted his minutes last week by the looks but has anything been mentioned about him this week?

A roughie to consider taking a punt on in the next few weeks could be Jack Williams. DPP 2RF/C and seems to have gotten a starting 2RF spot due to sharks injuries. He is only $164k and if he gets 60min he could be a good cash out/starting C if you are struggling for a C to partner Matterson.

Anyone know much about him?

I can’t do Arrow being out as well man! I am looking at a score of 500 this week haha!

I traded in Williams last week, purely so I had a DPP in my 2RW if I ever needed to bring Matterson back down, so I for one would be ecstatic if he not only gets game time, but makes some coin as well
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:24 am

Concussed wrote:

I can’t do Arrow being out as well man! I am looking at a score of 500 this week haha!

I traded in Williams last week, purely so I had a DPP in my 2RW if I ever needed to bring Matterson back down, so I for one would be ecstatic if he not only gets game time, but makes some coin as well

Could end up being a master stroke mate!

TLT with shed some light on the injury situation one would think so things should be a bit clearer in 12 hours or so.
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:28 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Could end up being a master stroke mate!

TLT with shed some light on the injury situation one would think so things should be a bit clearer in 12 hours or so.

Well IF it turns out to be true, the I will totally claim to have done it on purpose obviously
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:52 am

Milchcow wrote:
    If Fifita is out for 4 weeks, I'll ditch him for DCE.

Hope we get some news in the next day or two

Someone on the other thread said Flano was on 360 last night and he said Fifita had not done his ACL but he has bone bruising and could miss only one week !!
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:56 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I think keeping JT at this point is a good idea. It would be a luxury trade for me at this point but I would consider bringing him in at his current price. Could give you 50 points extra in round 13 and perhaps make some decent money by then too.

Yes, Im awaiting news on Fifita. Asked in the other thread but no reply. Is there any info out? Its a shame cause he was heading for a monster score last round. 2 rounds is a hold for me. Anything more and I'll consider trading him out. Don't like that much $ on the sidelines!!

Don't forget that assuming Scott, Lolo, Hess and possibly McLean get picked for origin will mean Thurston will be playing behind a VERY skinny pack !!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:44 am

Gonna be some challenging situations if Murray, Arrow, Fifi, Gallen and Brown all out this week. Could make or break the season depending on how you deal with it.

As a point of Reference
    Top team currently has: Fifi, Murray and Arrow
    2nd has: Gallen and Arrow
    3rd: Fifi, Murray, Brown, and Arrow
    4th: Fifi and Arrow
    and our very own 5th: Fifi, Murray, Brown, and Arrow Sad

So everyone dealing with some shit up the top, but that's probably to be expected!!
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:28 am

quicksand wrote:

Don't forget that assuming Scott, Lolo, Hess and possibly McLean get picked for origin will mean Thurston will be playing behind a VERY skinny pack !!

Isn't Taumalolo playing for Tonga with Fifita and no origin? Or is he different and can play both?
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:10 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Gonna be some challenging situations if Murray, Arrow, Fifi, Gallen and Brown all out this week. Could make or break the season depending on how you deal with it.

As a point of Reference
    Top team currently has: Fifi, Murray and Arrow
    2nd has: Gallen and Arrow
    3rd: Fifi, Murray, Brown, and Arrow
    4th: Fifi and Arrow
    and our very own 5th: Fifi, Murray, Brown, and Arrow Sad

So everyone dealing with some shit up the top, but that's probably to be expected!!

I am almost at least 12% sure that one of those guys will play this weekend... And if not I will be hiding under a rock until Monday morning
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:18 pm

TheWeapon wrote:

Isn't Taumalolo playing for Tonga with Fifita and no origin? Or is he different and can play both?

If he played for NSW he would be out ala Fifita, but he plays for QLD and we all know that QLD is EVERYWHERE including Tonga. So who knows ?
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:37 pm

quicksand wrote:

If he played for NSW he would be out ala Fifita, but he plays for QLD and we all know that QLD is EVERYWHERE including Tonga. So who knows ?

hahahaha so true!
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:58 pm

From what I know Murray will be named and is fifty /fifty to play FWIW
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:08 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:From what I know Murray will be named and is fifty /fifty to play FWIW

Take an upvote! That is what I want to hear
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:31 pm

Concussed wrote:

Take an upvote! That is what I want to hear

Well we are no better off until game day, I held Surgess so have cover there.
    ET being named might alter my trades looking forward scratch
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:08 pm

What are u Fifita owners gonna do? Chuck him in the reserves and switch late if he gets dropped from the 17? That’s about all I can do I think...
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:56 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:What are u Fifita owners gonna do? Chuck him in the reserves and switch late if he gets dropped from the 17? That’s about all I can do I think...

Non owner but would be worried if I did even if he plays , could tank it or go ape but I suppose thats what ya get with him anyway.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:57 pm

Since when was Taumalolo Origin eligible? Tonga or not, thought if you played for NZ that was that?
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:37 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:What are u Fifita owners gonna do? Chuck him in the reserves and switch late if he gets dropped from the 17? That’s about all I can do I think...

Yep, for me it means having to choose between Kikau and Fifita for last reserve, but figure that's better than getting an AE from the lowest of Croker, Gennings, Isaako, Hiku, Carty etc.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:49 am

jelejasof wrote:

Yep, for me it means having to choose between Kikau and Fifita for last reserve, but figure that's better than getting an AE from the lowest of Croker, Gennings, Isaako, Hiku, Carty etc.

OK, would Kikau have been in your 17 if Fifi was there?

I have Maloney in my squad so I have 2 options: 1 lock in JFH and Kikau into my starting 17 and then play Fifi or Maloney

Or if I don't want to take the risk on Maloney and would rather Rochow (who otherwise wouldn't be in my 17) I could put Rochow in and then play either Fifi or Kikau/JFH

Not sure what is better - I kinda think Maloney v a depleted Sharks outfit might go OK so I might go with the former cause I don't really wanna run the risk of having to drop off Kikau or JFH.

This is where NRLF has it over sportsdeck now with the ranked subs. With Fifi playing last this round it causes problems. Either way it does look like he will be back next week you'd think. So at least that makes the decision to hold him easy, I hope.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:19 pm