NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Bullbender
    Bullbender

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 22 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Bullbender Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:15 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Yeah, I got a bump up the rankings I wasn't expecting, into 14th now, was 7th for the round.

JFH seems like a trade I have to make this week. Just need to look at some numbers and figure out who for.

Outside of that I need to do some thinking too!
    Good work. you and milch killed it this week. I was out fishing with no service, drove up the biggest hill i could find and managed to find minimal service. Finally managed to trade in taumalolo with a minute to spare. What a fuckup that was... Captain Arrow saved my score and only dropped 5 to 23rd. Still have a cash generation issue compared to other teams with too many non players but happy where im sitting otherwise.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1 - Page 22 Empty Re: 2018 NRL Dream Team Virtual Sports/Sports Deck (VSDT) Part 1

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:51 pm

Bullbender wrote:
    Good work. you and milch killed it this week. I was out fishing with no service, drove up the biggest hill i could find and managed to find minimal service. Finally managed to trade in taumalolo with a minute to spare. What a fuckup that was... Captain Arrow saved my score and only dropped 5 to 23rd. Still have a cash generation issue compared to other teams with too many non players but happy where I'm sitting otherwise.

I was about to message you - hoping you can tell me everything will be all right re Taumalolo (I noticed you traded him in too)....

You still thing he'll turn things around? In his second stint v the Warriors (20 min or so) I think he hit the ball up 2 times, 3 max. Was a bit of a worry. First stint looked ok at about a point per minute give or take, but he was hurt by an error. I personally think there were a couple borderline bump off TBs that could have been added but weren't.

Im worried about him though.... Need him to bust out an 80 Smile

BTW can't believe you busted out 2 captains in a row who got 100+
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I was about to message you - hoping you can tell me everything will be all right re Taumalolo (I noticed you traded him in too)....

You still thing he'll turn things around? In his second stint v the Warriors (20 min or so) I think he hit the ball up 2 times, 3 max. Was a bit of a worry. First stint looked ok at about a point per minute give or take, but he was hurt by an error. I personally think there were a couple borderline bump off TBs that could have been added but weren't.

Im worried about him though.... Need him to bust out an 80 Smile

BTW can't believe you busted out 2 captains in a row who got 100+
    I didnt see the game, will watch the replay this week. So hard to comment. When i looked at him he had a few games at home coming up(i think the next 3 at home) hopefully he steps up there? The one favour he did is scare me off tapau as i didnt want to get stung again and i went the cheaper jfh which was a better trade for the week anyway and allows me another decent upgrade this week. Might even throw the C on lolo this week and see if i can get 3 in a row, hes due
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:34 pm

Not sure what to do this week.

Croker and Doueihi the more obvious trade outs. Isaako and Cartwright not urgent but might not stick around too much longer.

Can afford a gun in HLF or in WFB/CTR so just have to work out who (if anyone) should be my target this week.
    TTurbo or DCE look good

Mbye's -1 has 1 round left in the BE calcs, so he might be one to grab next week
    Cotric similarly has a -6 that is about to drop out, so can watch a week if he does get the fullback spot
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:36 pm

Matterson the best pick of the centres? Is he worth a trade in?
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:38 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Matterson the best pick of the centres? Is he worth a trade in?

Pretty big outlay for a CTR now isn't it? I'm sure he will come down in price before Rnd13

I find these next few weeks are the most challenging of the whole season. Trading cows to fallen guns sounds great in theory, but it can break your team trading out and in the wrong guys. It is all a guessing game mixed with a heap of luck, of which I never seem to have much of Sad

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:04 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Matterson the best pick of the centres? Is he worth a trade in?

I think he is a must have at C - somewhat like Crichton last year in that his average score is way higher than any other C option. If he continues the way he's going you are gonna get an extra 100 points out of him alone I would say compared to the next best guys.

He's still value as well IMO!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:07 am

Concussed wrote:

Pretty big outlay for a CTR now isn't it? I'm sure he will come down in price before Rnd13

I find these next few weeks are the most challenging of the whole season. Trading cows to fallen guns sounds great in theory, but it can break your team trading out and in the wrong guys. It is all a guessing game mixed with a heap of luck, of which I never seem to have much of Sad

His average suggests he should be priced at a little over $600k, currently at $545k (priced at 46) with a BE of 24.

You may be right, but for him to come down in price he'll have to start averaging <45. But even then he could still be worth the pick up as that'll still probably place him as the top scoring C.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:11 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Not sure what to do this week.

Croker and Doueihi the more obvious trade outs. Isaako and Cartwright not urgent but might not stick around too much longer.

Can afford a gun in HLF or in WFB/CTR so just have to work out who (if anyone) should be my target this week.
    TTurbo or DCE look good

Mbye's -1 has 1 round left in the BE calcs, so he might be one to grab next week
    Cotric similarly has a -6 that is about to drop out, so can watch a week if he does get the fullback spot

Yeah Im of the same mind as you. I've pegged Mbye as a buy next week, and Cotric too if he gets the FB gig.

Im also keen on Gallen, and am trying to figure out whether its worth paying up for Macca...

Too many guys I want and not enough $. Gonna have to be selective and my head tells me to continue to go value. But I am a bit conflicted about the time to pay up for the bug 60+ guys. Macca in particular, but perhaps Smith and JTrbo. You get these guys into your team and they add 10 points per round. But its hard to figure out what you are sacrificing to get it.

My trades this week look like JFH (a certainty pending TLT) and probably TTrbo. Alternatives to Trbo are Munster or Cotric (if named at FB).
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:05 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

His average suggests he should be priced at a little over $600k, currently at $545k (priced at 46) with a BE of 24.

You may be right, but for him to come down in price he'll have to start averaging <45. But even then he could still be worth the pick up as that'll still probably place him as the top scoring C.

I have him so have been watching him closely. I still think he will be a 60min player when there are no injuries during the games, and his average will come down. He has benefited from injuries and tries so far, although there is nothing to suggest that wont continue either.

You are right about him being set and forget in the tricky CTR position, at least until round 14 anyway. It depends if you have the cash and aren't willing to roll the dice on a Cotric who could average just as much

So many decisions, and so much that can go pear shaped really fast haha
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:03 am

Not a big fan of trading in forwards after games where they have scored 2 tries, as its generally not repeatable scoring levels.

Matterson priced at about his level now. Price will fluctuate up and down with his tries/bad games, but don't think he will sustain prices past $600,000.

If you bring him in now its for his points, not $$
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:07 am

Might just make 1 trade this week of Doueihi/Isaako to Trbojevic

Would like to cash out Isaako, Doueihi and Croker but unless TLT throws something interesting up not sure there is a worthy target, so might just keep them around and hope they can jag a good score.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:06 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Might just make 1 trade this week of Doueihi/Isaako to Trbojevic

Would like to cash out Isaako, Doueihi and Croker but unless TLT throws something interesting up not sure there is a worthy target, so might just keep them around and hope they can jag a good score.

Whats the story with G Jennings? Heaps of injuries there and people coming back in, I can't keep up. Any idea how many more weeks he gets? Cheap cash out who will make some money, but not worth it unless he gets 3 more games I guess.

Agree re Matterson in terms of price. If you were to get him now it would have to be because you feel he is the best C scorer of the lot and are willing to pay for it. If you look through the top teams right now Im pretty sure they all have him and if he keeps up performance at similar levels45 ave perhaps, I think he will be a must have come end of season, particularly when you look at who else is on offer this year. I.e. no Ma'u, Crichton at C and Aubs isn't really an option right now. Patterson is the only starting 2RF available in C as far as I can see. and therefore the only C with big base stats.
    Concussed
    Concussed

Post by Concussed Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:24 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Whats the story with G Jennings? Heaps of injuries there and people coming back in, I can't keep up. Any idea how many more weeks he gets? Cheap cash out who will make some money, but not worth it unless he gets 3 more games I guess.

Agree re Matterson in terms of price. If you were to get him now it would have to be because you feel he is the best C scorer of the lot and are willing to pay for it. If you look through the top teams right now Im pretty sure they all have him and if he keeps up performance at similar levels45 ave perhaps, I think he will be a must have come end of season, particularly when you look at who else is on offer this year. I.e. no Ma'u, Crichton at C and Aubs isn't really an option right now. Patterson is the only starting 2RF available in C as far as I can see. and therefore the only C with big base stats.

There may be 2 Fullbacks in Cotric & Gutherson available in the Ctrs soon enough, which could be just as effective points wise and good POD
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:34 pm

Concussed wrote:

There may be 2 Fullbacks in Cotric & Gutherson available in the Ctrs soon enough, which could be just as effective points wise and good POD

Thanks for the Gutho reminder. I had forgotten about him and didn't realise he was an option at C. IIf I don't add Cotric (which will come down to whether he gets the FB spot) I'll get Gutho!

Remember though, Cotric aint got the gig yet and Gutho is coming back from a pretty big injury. On top of that both are in teams going very poorly which is not a good spot for a FB.

So, I stand by what I posted. My hunch is that Matterson will be in on the winning teams roster (and perhaps all/most of the top 10s) as long as he keeps the starting spot and stays injury free.

Agree therefore about the POD thing. If it came to seasons end and you needed to make up points then Cotric / Gutho for example might get you across the line if you were up against Matterson. Im of the index though that at the C position I'll always take the easy points. So if I can find a starting 2RF I'll take him over the FBs who will fluctuate.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:18 pm

I'm thinking whitehead out for arrow as one trade this week
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Friend B/E 90 and Whitehead B/E 84 are going to lose a lot more money than Doueihi, so they have to go 1st !!

Whitehead to JFH
    Friend to CS9

with an extra $66k in the bank. Sound good ?
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:57 pm

quicksand wrote:Friend B/E 90 and Whitehead B/E 84 are going to lose a lot more money than Doueihi, so they have to go 1st !!

Whitehead to JFH
    Friend to CS9

Not sure about the Friend trade. He plays rd 13 and has been pretty good every week except for the last one....
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:07 pm

quicksand wrote:Friend B/E 90 and Whitehead B/E 84 are going to lose a lot more money than Doueihi, so they have to go 1st !!

Whitehead to JFH
    Friend to CS9

in 2 weeks time, Friend's score from the weekend will be out of his BE. Do you expect the low scores to continue or do you think it was a one-off?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:15 pm

Whitehead to JFH
    Friend to CS9

I'd do the whitehead trade and keep friend

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:23 pm