NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Australian Politics Thread

filthridden
    filthridden

The Australian Politics Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by filthridden Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:02 am

Your Name wrote:

I thought there was an avenue for long term residents to appeal or dispensation or something

New Zealanders are being advised to "return to New Zealand" to appeal or risk being picked up and taken to an immigration detention centre. It'd be a tough decision to make that one - off to Christmas island or go to New Zealand and be unlikely to be let back in to your home country.

Also agree that the refugees shouldn't be in with those being deported. But the place is being run by Serco and all NZers probably know their history...
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

The Australian Politics Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Australian Politics Thread

Post by standard-issue Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:08 am

filthridden wrote:
    Your Name wrote:

I thought there was an avenue for long term residents to appeal or dispensation or something

New Zealanders are being advised to "return to New Zealand" to appeal or risk being picked up and taken to an immigration detention centre. It'd be a tough decision to make that one - off to Christmas island or go to New Zealand and be unlikely to be let back in to your home country.

Also agree that the refugees shouldn't be in with those being deported. But the place is being run by Serco and all NZers probably know their history...
    Nice bait Filth  Very Happy
    DreadLord
    DreadLord

Post by DreadLord Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:26 am

filthridden wrote:

Yeah there have been a couple of reported cases.
    I read one a few weeks back about a mother who had two assault charges when she was a teenager in Perth and now has a couple of kids and a family life but is being deported 15 years later or something.

Trying to find the article but having no luck.
    This what you were looking for ? .....
    http://www.vice.com/read/australia-is-deporting-increasing-numbers-of-convicted-kiwis-back-to-new-zealand

Couple of things about this - Couldn't she have become a Citizen years ago ? She's been here since 1978. It was little Johnny who changed the Visa laws in 2001 [in response to immigrants using NZ as a stepping stone to here].

It looks like she's had quite a few convictions, but really, if we've [Aust] allowed her to stay here since she was 3,  she should be our problem - not NZ's.
    In the end though, you can't/don't write Laws for individual cases.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:56 am

DreadLord wrote:
    filthridden wrote:

Yeah there have been a couple of reported cases.
    I read one a few weeks back about a mother who had two assault charges when she was a teenager in Perth and now has a couple of kids and a family life but is being deported 15 years later or something.

Trying to find the article but having no luck.
    This what you were looking for ? .....
    http://www.vice.com/read/australia-is-deporting-increasing-numbers-of-convicted-kiwis-back-to-new-zealand

Couple of things about this - Couldn't she have become a Citizen years ago ? She's been here since 1978. It was little Johnny who changed the Visa laws in 2001 [in response to immigrants using NZ as a stepping stone to here].

It looks like she's had quite a few convictions, but really, if we've [Aust] allowed her to stay here since she was 3,  she should be our problem - not NZ's.
    In the end though, you can't/don't write Laws for individual cases.
    She's hot as bro.  And her kid is wearing a Maroons jersey-I say we let her stay  Very Happy
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:12 am

filthridden wrote:

So they aren't citizens but this is their home country. Kind of like squatters. It's not their house but they live there.

Let me dumb this down for my small brain.
    You're saying we shouldn't deport NZ criminals because they're squatters and we should let them continue to squat ?

Not sure about the Serco / NZ reference, but they run prisons in the UK too and their record there is abysmal as well.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:17 am

Your Name wrote:
    filthridden wrote:

So they aren't citizens but this is their home country. Kind of like squatters. It's not their house but they live there.

Let me dumb this down for my small brain.
    You're saying we shouldn't deport NZ criminals because they're squatters and we should let them continue to squat ?

Not sure about the Serco / NZ reference, but they run prisons in the UK too and their record there is abysmal as well.
    Serco's record in Perth is terrible.  Filth laid some nice cheese for you No Worries  flower
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:16 am

SI wrote:
    Serco's record in Perth is terrible.  Filth laid some nice cheese for you No Worries  flower

He bowled a nice half tracker and I couldn't help myself. He could get  a start tomorrow with the black caps producing balls like that.

But back on topic of NZ criminals polluting our shores

John Gibbs has reported on @NewsTalk2UE that @NRL_Dragons prop Russell Packer will be deported.
    6:20 PM - 12 Nov 2015

Perfect example of a Kiwi who has been here for nearly a decade and done the time for his crime. We should embrace him with open arms hey Filth ?

Last edited by Your Name on Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DreadLord
    DreadLord

Post by DreadLord Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:28 pm

Personally, I've got no problems with that. Stomping on someone's head is an absolute cunt act - and I have no idea why the people who do so aren't charged with attempted murder.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Your Name wrote:

He bowled a nice half tracker and I couldn't help myself. He could get  a start tomorrow with the black caps producing balls like that.

But back on topic of NZ criminals polluting our shores

John Gibbs has reported on @NewsTalk2UE that @NRL_Dragons prop Russell Packer will be deported.
    6:20 PM - 12 Nov 2015

Perfect example of a Kiwi who has been here for nearly a decade and done the time for his crime. We should embrace him with open arms hey Filth ?
    That's fucking hilarious, well played registering his contract NRL Lol
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:26 am

Got no problem with Packer being deported. It's been a while coming and they still haven't confirmed it but it's looking more and more likely.

I wonder if Manu Ma'u is worried about having his visa revoked.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed May 04, 2016 2:05 am

Righto - its not AUSPOL but still.

Trump is now virtually guaranteed the repub nomination and is 1 vote away from presidency. I dont think he can win. But fuck me, its scary that he's made it this far - and the whole world has been saying "he cant win" for months now and the prick keeps on not losing.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed May 04, 2016 2:22 am

ryno_ wrote:Righto - its not AUSPOL but still.

Trump is now virtually guaranteed the repub nomination and is 1 vote away from presidency. I dont think he can win. But fuck me, its scary that he's made it this far - and the whole world has been saying "he cant win" for months now and the prick keeps on not losing.
    Hillary Clinton isn't that much of a better option over Trump. I mean for the most part Clinton would keep things as status quo, but I wish Bernie Sanders won the democratic leadership.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed May 04, 2016 2:57 am

Random wrote:
    Hillary Clinton isn't that much of a better option over Trump. I mean for the most part Clinton would keep things as status quo, but I wish Bernie Sanders won the democratic leadership.

Sanders is absolutely the better candidate. No question. I just dont think he can win the nomination from where he is now. Before NY I thought he had a chance but he lost a lot of momentum that he had gained before that state voted.

The US system needs a revolution and something drastic to happen. Just not Trump. If the choices are between Trump and 4 more years of the same, 4 more years is a better option then the Donald. He will set the US back a long way.

Its also somewhat fascinating that assuming Clinton wins and goes 4 years without being impeached/shot, that the US presidency will have been kept between 3 families from the 1980s to the 2020s. So much for the "anyone can be president" line. Its basically an oligarchy.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am