NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Dally M Awards

Moose
    Moose

Dally M Awards - Page 2 Empty Re: Dally M Awards

Post by Moose Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:25 pm

Didn't watch the awards. Did Cam Smith win referee of the year?
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:33 pm

Dip wrote:

I read that as saying "The judges don't have to actually watch them play, we give them their SuperCoach scores and ask them to vote based on that."

Who are the judges? If (say) Joey is a judge, im sure he wouldnt give extra points to players he mentors. What would he have to benefit from his mentoree winning a DallyM half of the year award.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:04 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Who are the judges? If (say) Joey is a judge, im sure he wouldnt give extra points to players he mentors. What would he have to benefit from his mentoree winning a DallyM half of the year award.

from the same article:

Greg Alexander
    Braith Anasta
    Richie Barnett
    Gary Belcher
    Monty Betham
    Darryl Brohman
    Danny Buderus
    Brett Finch
    Brad Fittler
    Joe Galuvao
    Mark Gasnier
    Ryan Girdler
    Daryl Halligan
    Andrew Johns
    Dallas Johnson
    Brett Kimmorley
    Darren Lockyer
    Steve Menzies
    Steve Roach
    Andrew Ryan
    Jimmy Smith
    Peter Sterling
    Alan Tongue
    Kevin Walters

might as well just post the link for anyone who wants to take a look: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/dally-m-medal-and-awards-voting-system-explained/news-story/efb0d6d0c5fef01577a498e7ecacfaf0
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:28 pm

surmo13 wrote:

from the same article:

Greg Alexander
    Braith Anasta
    Richie Barnett
    Gary Belcher
    Monty Betham
    Darryl Brohman
    Danny Buderus
    Brett Finch
    Brad Fittler
    Joe Galuvao
    Mark Gasnier
    Ryan Girdler
    Daryl Halligan
    Andrew Johns
    Dallas Johnson
    Brett Kimmorley
    Darren Lockyer
    Steve Menzies
    Steve Roach
    Andrew Ryan
    Jimmy Smith
    Peter Sterling
    Alan Tongue
    Kevin Walters

might as well just post the link for anyone who wants to take a look: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/dally-m-medal-and-awards-voting-system-explained/news-story/efb0d6d0c5fef01577a498e7ecacfaf0

Surely it would be quicker and easier to get the right results if all the above were replaced as judges by,
    Dip
    Ice
    OSM
    surmo
    ryno
    Pieman.
    A fish has the casting vote.
    Laughing
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:18 am

code delta wrote:

Surely it would be quicker and easier to get the right results if all the above were replaced as judges by,
    Dip
    Ice
    OSM
    surmo
    ryno
    Pieman.
    :lol:

Only if I don't have to watch any Newcastle games.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:42 am

code delta wrote:

Dip
    Ice
    OSM
    surmo
    ryno
    Pieman.
    Laughing

Look obviously it would be fucking painful having to deal with Ice and Pieman's ridiculous suggestions (Hayne/Mannah votes would need to be culled significantly).

But I think between the rest of the blokes selected, we'd get the right result.....and Milf or the FAC would fight it out for Dally M.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:40 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Look obviously it would be fucking painful having to deal with Ice and Pieman's ridiculous suggestions (Hayne/Mannah votes would need to be culled significantly).

But I think between the rest of the blokes selected, we'd get the right result.....and Milf or the FAC would fight it out for Dally M.

Why don't we just create an award for the fastest roll ball? That way Mannah gets a nod and everyone's happy.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:13 am

Incidental contact with the head hey Ozzy, no suspension there - give him 3 points for a standard textbook tackle
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:24 pm

ryno_ wrote:

Why don't we just create an award for the fastest roll ball? That way Mannah gets a nod and everyone's happy.

In fairness to Ice, ever since this claim has been made about Mannah I've made a real concerted effort to watch Big Timmy and whether he has this ability for landing on his front and thus getting a quick play the ball.

My conclusion.......he's no fucking better or worse than about 50 other props in the comp.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:26 pm

Pieman wrote:Incidental contact with the head hey Ozzy, no suspension there - give him 3 points for a standard textbook tackle

Exactly right should be on the judiciary too.

I wouldn't expect a deadset simpleton like yourself to understand common Rugby League sense though.....
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:33 pm

Yes, the common sense that its play on when poor technique means a shoulder hits someone in the head. Nothin to see here
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:36 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

In fairness to Ice, ever since this claim has been made about Mannah I've made a real concerted effort to watch Big Timmy and whether he has this ability for landing on his front and thus getting a quick play the ball.

My conclusion.......he's no fucking better or worse than about 50 other props in the comp.

Parra had the fastest play the balls in the competition this year, mainly because every play the ball is an Andrew Fifita like touch footy roll ball. Mitchell Moses is the worst. Every single time he plays the ball he lands on his face. I don't know how that happens if you're on your feet and heeling it back.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:02 pm

Dip wrote:

Parra had the fastest play the balls in the competition this year, mainly because every play the ball is an Andrew Fifita like touch footy roll ball. Mitchell Moses is the worst. Every single time he plays the ball he lands on his face. I don't know how that happens if you're on your feet and heeling it back.

Anybody younger then 27, regardless of talent, rolls the ball like that. Pet peeve. Roll it with your heel you peanut.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:06 pm

Why should they? They dont get penalised for not doing it correctly.

Until the refs crack down on it, nothing will change. They prefer having a fast paced game over stopping and enforcing the rules.

It's prob time they do away with the rule and just say put it on the ground and roll it because thats what happens now anyway.

Obv I would prefer if they just started policing the rule
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:58 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Haha, that's a little harsh. I can be impartial, just as much, possibly more so than Queenslanders/Broncos fans.

Last edited by Ice on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:01 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Honestly, I think he has slowed down a little, but someone has to be the quickest and when I was spruiking it two or three years ago, it was him. I haven't talked him up for ages,but he gets the job done for the Eels for the most part. A cursory glance out our performance when he is on compared to when he is off shows his value. But it's unlikely he would have garnered many points from me this year. Not to say he was bad, just not in our top three. But sure,you guys hang on to that.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:04 pm

Dip wrote:

True, imagine how far we'd be ahead if Mannah was at his peak.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:18 pm

code delta wrote:

Dip
    Ice
    OSM
    surmo
    ryno
    Pieman.
    Laughing

Is that... is that me?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:35 pm

Ice wrote:

Haha, that's a little harsh. I can be impartial, just as much, possibly more so than Queenslanders/Broncos fans.

Ice, do you think Bronco fans are aware of their own inferiority complex? Or thats just how they are brought up so it is what it is?
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:20 am

Pieman wrote:

Ice, do you think Bronco fans are aware of their own inferiority complex? Or thats just how they are brought up so it is what it is?

I think they learn it from birth, it's a strange phenomenon. Bit i don't like to put them all in the same box

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:12 am