NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Finals Edition Part 1

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Finals Edition Part 1 - Page 46 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Finals Edition Part 1

Post by Chewie Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:09 pm

I was hoping that the rumours of Hayne going to Parra weren't true, but it looks like it's gonna happen No ...
    Maybe Gutherson can go to the Titans
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Finals Edition Part 1 - Page 46 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread Finals Edition Part 1

Post by White Lightning Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:55 pm

Chewie wrote:I was hoping that the rumours of Hayne going to Parra weren't true, but it looks like it's gonna happen  No ...
    Maybe Gutherson can go to the Titans

The word is Josh Hoffman will be the one to go but maybe not to the Titans as a couple of other clubs are interested. I feel sorry for him because I think when he went from the Titans to the Eels was because of Hayne & now the same thing probably will happen at the Eels. But where the hell does Hayne fit into the Eels backline. I wouldn't drop the fullback or halves so ctr (for Takairangi) seems the logical choice. Imo Hayne is a has been & if I was Arthur I wouldn't drop any of the backline. The Eels need another quality frf so I would rather spend the money there instead of wasting it on Hayne.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:34 am

Not NRLFantasy but Supercoach releasing some details early next week

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/supercoach/nrl-supercoach-2018-announcement-coming-on-scoring-changes-trades-and-player-prices-and-positions/news-story/4c44750f29b924abe40103afb7f17130

Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:37 am

Id love to see the TB rule changed in all fantasy sites to a metres after contact stat. So you get 1point per 10m at the moment but maybe they could add 1 or points per 10m after contact on top of that. So no more getting 9 points for 3 TBs while running across field.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:22 pm

Shanbon wrote:Id love to see the TB rule changed in all fantasy sites to a metres after contact stat. So you get 1point per 10m at the moment but maybe they could add 1 or points per 10m after contact on top of that. So no more getting 9 points for 3 TBs while running across field.

Tolo would be a must!

Wonder if they'll reduce trades because there's less bye rounds
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:00 pm

That final was one of the best games of league I've seen for a while.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:09 am

Found this video of Milch

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:16 am

I loved the final despite the scoreline ! Ripper
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:45 am

December 3 2017 - 7:30PM
    Knights coach Nathan Brown says his pledge to give Connor Watson first crack at five-eighth ahead of Brock Lamb next season stands

Newcastle coach Nathan Brown says he won’t be backing away from his pledge to give new recruit Connor Watson a “really good shot” at nailing down the five-eighth spot next season, despite fears it may cost the club Brock Lamb’s signature.

The debate over who should partner Mitchell Pearce in the halves is already a major talking point in the wake of the signing of the former Sydney Roosters playmaker late last week.

Read more: Pearce is on board, but the Knights are chasing another marquee signing

Knights legend Andrew Johns told the Newcastle Herald he believes the club should be building its future around a Pearce/Lamb combination.

But Brown confirmed Watson will start the season in the No.6 jumper and only time will tell how long he remains there.

“We signed Connor to be a running six and we’ll give him a really good shot at it,” Brown said.

“You just don’t know how things are going to play out and there are a number of things that could happen.

“Kayln is obviously going to play fullback but if he was to get injured than obviously Connor can slot in there and Brock then gets an opportunity.

“But from my point of view, for Connor to nail down a first grade starting position, he needs some time to play there and we’ll be giving him that.”

Lamb is off contract at the end of next year and has already been linked to Manly.

Barry Toohey: Nathan Brown’s recruitment policy pays dividends with the signing of Mitchell Pearce

But there is no chance he will be released early and Brown remains hopeful he can be retained long term.

“I’ve always openly said how much confidence I’ve got in Brock Lamb,” he said.

“Brock’s a very subtle ball-player and not too many players possess that sort of skill, particularly at his age.

“He showed at the back end of last year what a talent he is going to be and over time with experience, he will get better and better. Mitch will come and play a big part in him getting better but ultimately, it [his future] will come down to his decision.”

Brown says the competition for spots in the halves is healthy.

“Brock is going to be putting a lot of pressure on and the same goes for Jack Cogger,” he said.

“They are all training the house down and then there is Hodko [Trent Hodkinson], who is another experienced one. So, for the first time since I have been here, we have some real genuine pressure and genuine options there.”

One quality that Lamb possesses that Watson doesn’t is his ability to kick goals, which could become a factor with the Knights not having a recognised kicker if neither Lamb or Hodkinson plays.

“That’s an area where Brock is really good at and I’ve spoken to him about that being important,” he said.

“It gives him another string to his bow that others don’t have.

“Kalyn [Ponga] can kick goals but we have that to think about with our team selections and with our future recruitment as well because goal-kicking is obviously such a big part of the game.”

Meanwhile, Pearce will be calling the shots with the Knights for the first time at training on Monday.

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:12 pm

White Lightning wrote:December 3 2017 - 7:30PM

They are all training the house down and ..."

Lots of Knights in my Fantasy squad this year Razz
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:31 pm

Chewie wrote:

Lots of Knights in my Fantasy squad this year Razz

Haha I saw that classic quote & wondered how long before someone picked up on it. There's also a rumour that M. Jennings is going to the Knights due to Hayne playing in the ctrs.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:35 am

I don't play SC, but they've come up with some interesting trade rule changes that maybe Fantasy might follow.

Firstly, fewer trades to reflect 25 not 26 rounds.

Secondly a week between the byes where you can make 5 trades, making it more possible to churn your team from Bye1 to Bye2 players.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:03 pm

Figured all fantasy leagues would do something. When I looked at the draw it's almost a complete swap out so if they left it as is, you wouldn't need to bye plan and it would come down to more luck than is needed now.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:06 am

rhinoceroo wrote:I don't play SC, but they've come up with some interesting trade rule changes that maybe Fantasy might follow.

Firstly, fewer trades to reflect 25 not 26 rounds.

Secondly a week between the byes where you can make 5 trades, making it more possible to churn your team from Bye1 to Bye2 players.

I like the idea of having extra trades in the middle of the season, I hope they do something similar in NRL fantasy... it will keep a bit of interest for us avid bye-planners.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:00 am

It does raise the question if you go with guns that have Bye 2 do you burn 2 trades moving them out for bye 1 then bringing them back or do you avoid bye 2 players in your starting line up ?
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:39 am

Jackson Hasting is still at Manly right? He could be a good cheapy surely he starts at 5/8 for them. Not sure why they would be looking at picking up someone elses poor cast-off when the kid can play just needs a chance without the pressure to lead the team around.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:09 am

Word is that M. Gordon is going to the Titans as Hayne's replacement. Does this make Taukieaho more appealing as he will probably be goal kicker. There's also a rumour that Taukeiaho could be in the front row this year with Evans gone to the Eels.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:11 am

Havili signs with Raiders to be their 9 with Hodgson injured. Could be of interest.

Gordon to Titans will happen. He'll be very tempting as well.

Thurston not playing Origin this year makes him a likely early favourite and would get discount for injuries would he not?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:52 am

Honeysett wrote:Havili signs with Raiders to be their 9 with Hodgson injured. Could be of interest.

Gordon to Titans will happen. He'll be very tempting as well.

Thurston not playing Origin this year makes him a likely early favourite and would get discount for injuries would he not?

Won't Garvey get first crack with Raiders with Hodgo out?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:15 am

@WL If Tauk is front row it'd surely be off bench with JWH/Napa there. Won't Mitchell kick?

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:13 am