NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL in WA

Dip

NRL in WA - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL in WA

Post by Dip Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:01 pm

No Worries wrote:

That would mean taking a game away from Darwin Rolling Eyes
    Why?
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:43 am

Dip wrote:Surely playing 6 games over there next year (1 per month from March-August) would be great for the game and go a long way to showing whether crowds would turn up compared to 1-2 games a year. If they turn up for 6 matches not involving a home team, then turning up for 12 home games for a local team isn't too much to expect.

Each team should have to play a game each season in a "regional" area - and Perth would be attractive as a destination for that. Youd make more money holding a game in Perth with a decent stadium and population centre then a town in the middle of bumfuck nowhere like Mt Isa, Geraldton, Mildura, Dubbo, Dalby, Moranbah, Muswellbrook, Newman or Newcastle.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:58 am

Dip wrote:
    Why?

I was being sarcastic. Why play one in Darwin in the first place it would be better in Perth.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:33 am

No Worries wrote:
    Dip wrote:
    Why?

I was being sarcastic. Why play one in Darwin in the first place it would be better in Perth.
    I got the joke mate. Dip was too busy crunching the gate takings numbers and fielding calls from the Event Staff asking if their uniforms were tax deductible.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:34 am

ryno_ wrote:
    Dip wrote:Surely playing 6 games over there next year (1 per month from March-August) would be great for the game and go a long way to showing whether crowds would turn up compared to 1-2 games a year. If they turn up for 6 matches not involving a home team, then turning up for 12 home games for a local team isn't too much to expect.

Each team should have to play a game each season in a "regional" area - and Perth would be attractive as a destination for that. Youd make more money holding a game in Perth with a decent stadium and population centre then a town in the middle of bumfuck nowhere like Mt Isa, Geraldton, Mildura, Dubbo, Dalby, Moranbah, Muswellbrook, Newman or Newcastle.
    I like this. Draw is manipulated anyway, so take 2 'lesser' teams to regional areas and they pull close to the crowds they would anyway.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:23 am

Give us a Rabbits V Roosters. Then on the same hand give us a Knights V Tigers. I csn guarantee you the crowd sizes would only vary maybe 2k
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:35 am

Honeysett wrote:Give us a Rabbits V Roosters. Then on the same hand give us a Knights V Tigers. I csn guarantee you the crowd sizes would only vary maybe 2k

You can have the Tigers V Cowboys home game. We always play them at Campbelltown because no one follows the Cowboys in Sydney and we only play Sydney sides at Leichhardt or ANZ for recipricol rights. Guarantee you would double the crowd.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:48 am

Honeysett wrote:Give us a Rabbits V Roosters. Then on the same hand give us a Knights V Tigers. I csn guarantee you the crowd sizes would only vary maybe 2k

There was quite a good crowd turnout for the Rabbits game there this year, wasnt there? Considering it was in the middle of a tropical cyclone with sideways rain.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:57 am

ryno_ wrote:

There was quite a good crowd turnout for the Rabbits game there this year, wasnt there? Considering it was in the middle of a tropical cyclone with sideways rain.
    If the weather is good then we get 20000 pretty much every time. Like you say have had some terrible weather which affected the numbers.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:56 pm

And even then the numbers are still pretty awesome considering the weather.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:11 pm

I know we as fans like to look at the crowd numbers but if I am the NRL and analysing the potential for a WA team, I would be putting very little focus on the crowd figures.

It's not the right thought process IMO but it is reality.

Non-broadcast revenue is still less than broadcast revenue, not to mention it in itself is made up of sponsorships, endorsements etc.

Therefore the biggest consideration when it comes to viability is how much more people can they get watching the NRL on TV.
    And that also should be the angle that the WA bidding team pushes because I would have thought they have a fairly good case in that regard.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:49 pm

Honeysett wrote:And even then the numbers are still pretty awesome considering the weather.

Better than a QLD home game. But that could be because Suncorp is a postage stamp.

Ice

Post by Ice Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:05 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:I know we as fans like to look at the crowd numbers but if I am the NRL and analysing the potential for a WA team, I would be putting very little focus on the crowd figures.

It's not the right thought process IMO but it is reality.

Non-broadcast revenue is still less than broadcast revenue, not to mention it in itself is made up of sponsorships, endorsements etc.  

Therefore the biggest consideration when it comes to viability is how much more people can they get watching the NRL on TV.
    And that also should be the angle that the WA bidding team pushes because I would have thought they have a fairly good case in that regard.

Agree, Crowd figures aren't that relevant. I dont think WA makes any sense over a second Brisbane team based on any measure other than to say you have a team in a new state. Weekly Crowds, TV viewership, Grass roots, Corporate support all add up in my view to Brisbane being the best spot to expand.

That said, I don't think the league needs to grow beyond 16 teams.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:11 pm

Ice wrote:

Agree, Crowd figures aren't that relevant. I dont think WA makes any sense over a second Brisbane team based on any measure other than to say you have a team in a new state. Weekly Crowds, TV viewership, Grass roots, Corporate support all add up in my view to Brisbane being the best spot to expand.

That said, I don't think the league needs to grow beyond 16 teams.

How many more people can you realistically get watching the League in Brisbane that aren't already?

WA on the other hand offers a genuine increase in viewership.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:12 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

How many more people can you realistically get watching the League in Brisbane that aren't already?

WA on the other hand offers a genuine increase in viewership.

You'll get more people watching a televised game of a second Brisbane team than you will wTching a televised game of a Perth team. It's not more (read new) people, it's actually eyes watching any given game that is the key to TV ratings and hence right dollars, and there will be more watching a second Brisbane team no question cause there are a lot more league fans in Brisbane than Qld. Sure, maybe they could convert a few more non league people to league in Perth than Brisbane, but that's much of a muchness really.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:32 pm

Well the NRL are certainly testing the waters here, they're going to announce a double header to kick off the brand new stadium and the NRL.

Rabbits and Dogs will both host an opponent to be named later when the draw is done.

Great news for WA and a great indication of where we're heading.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:38 pm

Honeysett wrote:Well the NRL are certainly testing the waters here, they're going to announce a double header to kick off the brand new stadium and the NRL.

Rabbits and Dogs will both host an opponent to be named later when the draw is done.

Great news for WA and a great indication of where we're heading.
    Yeah, just saw this.  Absolutely tremendous news.  Thoughts on best opposition to draw the numbers?  Has to be Warriors right?  Broncos or Storm maybe the other one?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:42 pm

SI wrote:
    Yeah, just saw this.  Absolutely tremendous news.  Thoughts on best opposition to draw the numbers?  Has to be Warriors right?  Broncos or Storm maybe the other one?

Without thinking logically, Dogs V Parramatta would draw extremely well.

Warriors the other one.

Otherwise Manly get decent numbers over here as well. As do the Tigers.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:49 pm

Yeah, Manly more likely to come to the party as well. 

This would make it Round 2 going on the last few years.  It's a same there is a one dayer in January to steal the thunder of curiosity about the new stadium, but the planets never fully align.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:49 pm

Western Bulldogs has a ring to it.

Wait ..........

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:51 am