NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 61

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 61 - Page 28 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 61

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:36 pm

What are everyone's thoughts on Watson?
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 61 - Page 28 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 61

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:49 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on Watson?

Even though it leaves 100k forever unused, i'm actually tossing up between him and Rapana for my last trade. Kid loves himself a tacklebreak and you would expect the Roosters to come home with a wet sail.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:02 pm

My 4th reserve is down to Fuimaono, Leilua or Gurgess.
    Jess Bromwich is my 2nd "gun" FRF.
    I am now playing Nu Brown in my halves with Munster out.
    I never managed to get SMat out of my 17.
    I have 0 trades.
    How the fuck am I still in the top 1000? I scored 974 last week with this terrible squad of numpties!

Much like the great Jattler in 1970 or Surgess 2014, It is very much like I am playing heroically in a grand final- whilst massively hemorrhaging gallons of blood out of my anus; eight solid metres of prolapsed intestinal tract trailing behind me in the wind as I score a try....

Surely this is finally the week that the wheels fall off!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:27 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:My 4th reserve is down to Fuimaono, Leilua or Gurgess.
    Jess Bromwich is my 2nd "gun" FRF.
    I am now playing Nu Brown in my halves with Munster out.
    I never managed to get SMat out of my 17.
    I have 0 trades.
    How the fuck am I still in the top 1000? I scored 974 last week with this terrible squad of numpties!

Much like the great Jattler in 1970 or Surgess 2014, It is very much like I am playing heroically in a grand final- whilst massively hemorrhaging gallons of blood out of my anus; eight solid metres of prolapsed intestinal tract trailing behind me in the wind as I score a try....

Surely this is finally the week that the wheels fall off!

Whatever the fuck you do, don't play Gurgess and you're still in with a shot haha.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:30 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Even though it leaves 100k forever unused, i'm actually tossing up between him and Rapana for my last trade. Kid loves himself a tacklebreak and you would expect the Roosters to come home with a wet sail.

Gordon shouldn't be back before finals hey?

A friend has Smith and Macca and she really doesn't like any other options for Macca. I said McInnes is the safe bet, but she just doesn't really like him, and doesn't want to risk putting 'the glass man' in her team.

Watson I said could be a risky yet interseting second hooker option allowing a massive Teddy/Rapa like upgrade with the funds. 4 trades before the Macca trade.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:30 pm

Spectre wrote:Shocked

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/brittany-hura-exgirlfriend-of-nrl-star-bryce-cartwright-found-dead-in-western-sydney-home/news-story/6b8ecf0439db94bd1bea19bc5c7bac13

Yikes!!
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:44 pm

This week's BEs for anyone still using them

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 61 - Page 28 EyNGBg9
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:50 pm

Thanks Milchcow, that's a help. Walker's BE not promising and Surgess staying fit for 80 can easily hit that.

Rapana could almost be a good straight swap for Lolohea next week or the week after.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:51 pm

NZ has I think the top youth suicide rate in the world which is not only sad but goes against this false image portrayed to the rest of the world that the country is paradise because it ain't.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:51 pm

Another one I'm throwing out there is a player that was a semi gun 2 years ago and that's Ethan Lowe. Seems to be back to his workhorse status over the last two weeks for some reason. Locked in goal kicking duties too.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:53 pm

wolfking wrote:Another one I'm throwing out there is a player that was a semi gun 2 years ago and that's Ethan Lowe.  Seems to be back to his workhorse status over the last two weeks for some reason.  Locked in goal kicking duties too.

I didn't see much work rate when he missed the Keary tackle before he scored the match winning try.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:58 pm

White Lightning wrote:

I didn't see much work rate when he missed the Keary tackle before he scored the match winning try.

He wasn't the only one that missed him in that play. Saying that he let Mannering in the week before too.

He was my fav player 2 years ago and I stuck by him for quite a long time in his fantasy decline last year. I'm just happy he got his 80 minute spot back. Was rough when Hess took his place and was being a lazy ass and Lowe sat on the bench.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:04 pm

wolfking wrote:

He wasn't the only one that missed him in that play.  Saying that he let Mannering in the week before too.

He was my fav player 2 years ago and I stuck by him for quite a long time in his fantasy decline last year.  I'm just happy he got his 80 minute spot back.  Was rough when Hess took his place and was being a lazy ass and Lowe sat on the bench.

Yeah a couple of years ago Lowe had that bad neck/spinal injury. Actually I think it was near the end of 2016 when he got dumped on his head. I think this year he spent much of the early season on the bench because of this & it helped that Hess was great early on because they could then manage Lowe's gametime. Then Hess went off the boil so Lowe reclaimed his starting spot. I think Lowe will be great next year & will have his confidence back.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:20 pm

I read this great article on youth suicide the other week & they hit the nail on the head. They asked young people what was the 1 thing they wanted the most & it was quality time with their parents & being able to discuss their problems with them. In this modern age of both parents working due to a massive mortgage, etc these kids get put into day care, etc at an early age & as the years go by they are starved of the 1 thing they desire which is attention. The parents are not there when they need them the most.
    Spuddies
    Spuddies

Post by Spuddies Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:04 pm

Do I play Fui, SMat or Hayne as my last CTR? Depressing choice.
    Stuffness
    Stuffness

Post by Stuffness Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:27 pm

Approaching the finals and while the forum is a little slower seemed like a good time to reflect on what has been a season of ups and downs. Interested to see what others have done well or poorly this season so far.

Downs
    Chose Abbey instead of Ponga for 2 wasted trades.
    Missed the Hess train.
    Started with idris, traded him out once playing reserve grade and then back in when he got the starting gig then out again once gone for the season. 3 wasted trades.
    Had Jbrom and McGuire since start for a total loss of 264k.
    God only knows why i brought Ryan James in. Checked his previous games and recognized that his scores were inflated with tries and decided against it. Then ran out of time for lockout and panic traded him in and a few weeks later out again.
    Started the season with phythian hoping for a cash cow for him to go down within the first few rounds.
    Brought Merrin in after his form improved hoping for a cut price gun for him to turn dud and then get injured.
    Didn't have SJ for long before he broke.

Ups
    Started with Jarrod Wallace and Faufusi, a nice little earner.
    Brailey cash cow.
    Got on the CHN train.
    Made good money and keeping slater and scott.
    Made good money on Lolohea and now decent injury cover.
    Got on chrichton early, great money and gun.
    Whitehead served his purpose as a mid tier cash cow.
    Money and gun Nbrown.
    Got Dedwards for good money so far (keeper yet to be seen).

I'm sure there's others but i don't know how to see my trade history.
    In summary my good choices were mostly ok with a couple of great ones while my poor choices were extremely bad.
    Saving grace is that i didn't get caught out by some issues that others had and alot of people got caught with most of my issues.

Hopefully i learn from this for next year and make better trade choices.

In a few weeks / once i've run out of trades i'll post up my starting and finishing teams, hopefully compare to others.

Last edited by Stuffness on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    Stuffness
    Stuffness

Post by Stuffness Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:39 pm

Spuddies wrote:Do I play Fui, SMat or Hayne as my last CTR? Depressing choice.

Jeez that's tough, flip of a coin really.
    Smat cops too many head knocks, HIA liability.
    Fui does well if he gets decent minutes from madges forward roulette.
    Personally i'd probably go with Hayne, but only if named at fullback. Qld Derby may lift the titans plus Broncs are getting used to life without macca and a reshuffled spine so Hayne could jag a try.

If Hayne isn't at fullback i would go with fui.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:40 pm

Stuffness wrote:Approaching the finals and while the forum is a little slower seemed like a good time to reflect on what has been a season of ups and downs. Interested to see what others have done well or poorly this season so far.

Downs
    Chose Abbey instead of Ponga for 2 wasted trades.
    Missed the Hess train.
    Started with idris, traded him out once playing reserve grade and then back in when he got the starting gig then out again once gone for the season. 3 wasted trades.
    Had Jbrom and McGuire since start for a total loss of 264k.
    God only knows why i brought Ryan James in. Checked his previous games and recognized that his scores were inflated with tries and decided against it. Then ran out of time for lockout and panic traded him in and a few weeks later out again.
    Started the season with phythian hoping for a cash cow for him to go down within the first few rounds.
    Brought Merrin in after his form improved hoping for a cut price gun for him to turn dud and then get injured.
    Didn't have SJ for long before he broke.

Ups
    Started with Jarrod Wallace and Faufusi, a nice little earner.
    Got on the CHN train.
    Made good money and keeping slater and scott.
    Made good money on Lolohea and now decent injury cover.
    Got on chrichton early, great money and gun.
    Whitehead served his purpose as a mid tier cash cow.
    Money and gun Nbrown.
    Got Dedwards for good money so far (keeper yet to be seen).

I'm sure there's others but i don't know how to see my trade history.
    In summary my good choices were mostly ok with a couple of great ones while my poor choices were extremely bad.
    Saving grace is that i didn't get caught out by some issues that others had and alot of people got caught with most of my issues.

Hopefully i learn from this for next year and make better trade choices.

In a few weeks / once i've run out of trades i'll post up my starting and finishing teams, hopefully compare to others.
    On full site or app mate?  

If full site: go to season history tab and then each round can be seen via View Team.
    If app: literally swipe right on your team page, will cycle back through every week.

I think that's the easiest way to do it; I don't think there is a list of your actual trades anywhere,just have to work backwards.

I think your post covers everything though.
    Stuffness
    Stuffness

Post by Stuffness Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:47 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on Watson?

I like him but at this late stage of the season i would need more than the 3 trades i have to chance him.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:36 am

Spectre wrote:Shocked

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/brittany-hura-exgirlfriend-of-nrl-star-bryce-cartwright-found-dead-in-western-sydney-home/news-story/6b8ecf0439db94bd1bea19bc5c7bac13

I read the title backwards.. so found dead in home.. Bryce Cartwright..

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:11 pm