NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 59

TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 59 - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 59

Post by TheWeapon Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:59 am

Fortitude wrote:

Its 100% a beat up. Admittedly yes he nearly knocked slaters face into next week, but Slater fell into making it look worse.

Send off no. Sin bin 100%.

Regardless of falling into a tackle or not, you hit someone in the head, its a penalty, if its remotely late it should be a sin bin.

You see those tackles on players at least once a set. the only difference was slater fell into this one and took a very heavy hit. It seems now days you can hit a player as late as you want, as long as they don't get injured or stay down.

Agree, I think it was more unfortunate than anything - standard late hit that happens to everyone nowadays....only difference was Slater was falling and the arm collected his head instead of his rib cage. That said, his head almost ended up a few rows back in the stands. I'm surprised there isn't serious damage.

How many weeks will Soliola get?
    Spuddies
    Spuddies

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 59 - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 59

Post by Spuddies Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:59 am

White Lightning wrote:

Shot mate well done. I agree re Taupau but Sione may be worth keeping as a back up unless you don't have T-Trbo which in that case sell Sione & get T-Trbo.
    Thanks mate. I already have T-trbo and Sione partnered in the centres. I also have fui and hayne as a DPP if need be. I want to move Sione on but not sure who the most consistent scorer is. I'm def going to bring in Fifita for either Taupau. Hopefully Tolman can put a couple of decent scores together in the next couple of weeks to keep his spot. If not, next week I might look at trading him for someone like JTurbo.

Current team is:

McCullough McInnes
    Brown Taupau Tolman Nuffie
    Tolo Chrichton Mannering Surgess Gallen
    Cleary DCE F.Brown Nuffie
    TTurbo SMat Fui Nuffie
    Tedesco Dedwards C.Walker Hayne Burns
    Spuddies
    Spuddies

Post by Spuddies Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:06 am

filthridden wrote:

It was on the late side of late. Look at the replay and see how far away Soliola was when the ball was passed. Then see how far away he still was when Felise caught the ball. THEN he starts to raise his arm to hit Slater. The fact that Slater slipped doesn't change the fact that Sia had every intent to hit him very late and it was a reckless act.

Maybe not an automatic send-off but he intent to hit him very late.

Unfortunately the ref couldn't call it a send-off and there's no way (looking back now) he's going to sin-bin someone for that even though he, by law, can do so - that's not the precedent that is set.

He hit the guy in the head through reckless use of a late shot.
    I think it SHOULD be a sin-bin offence... but we don't do that. It was never going to be a send-off. I see that now.

If the same happened to a kicker, they would not have been sent off or sin-binned.

However, I think we SHOULD be using the bin for offences like that.
    It was late and a swinging arm. He could have easily pulled out of it. I agree, it should at least be a sin-bin offence.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:08 am

Team as it stands with 3 trades and 220k in the bank

Smith, McInnes
    Fifita, Taupau, Nuff, Nuff
    Crichton, Taumalolo, Gallen, JDB, Surgess, SMat
    Cleary, DCE, Brown, Nuff
    Turbo, Croker, Hayne, Kelly
    Teddy, Edwards, Mansour, MWZ, Nuff

I guess its just a wait and see at TLT??
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:08 am

TheWeapon wrote:

Agree, I think it was more unfortunate than anything - standard late hit that happens to everyone nowadays....only difference was Slater was falling and the arm collected his head instead of his rib cage. That said, his head almost ended up a few rows back in the stands. I'm surprised there isn't serious damage.

How many weeks will Soliola get?

I think saying its unfortunate is a bit kind to Soli, there was intent to hit him hard and late. But I think we both agree that the result dictates the penalty. If slater keeps his feet, its your standard late rib shot on a ball player that every back rower is guilty off (Brown, Thaiday, McGuire, Blair, Gallen Burgess). No penalty.

Bottom line is you cant hit people in the head. Wether they are falling or not.

Soli deserves 2 weeks on the pine, will end up with 3-5 because of the hype. Also, becsue archer has already come out and said he should have been binned, he is royally fucked at the judiciary because the NRL cant be seen contradicting the refs.

Spuddies
    Spuddies

Post by Spuddies Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:18 am

Fortitude wrote:

I think saying its unfortunate is a bit kind to Soli, there was intent to hit him hard and late. But I think we both agree that the result dictates the penalty. If slater keeps his feet, its your standard late rib shot on a ball player that every back rower is guilty off (Brown, Thaiday, McGuire, Blair, Gallen Burgess). No penalty.

Bottom line is you cant hit people in the head. Wether they are falling or not.

Soli deserves 2 weeks on the pine, will end up with 3-5 because of the hype. Also, becsue archer has already come out and said he should have been binned, he is royally fucked at the judiciary because the NRL cant be seen contradicting the refs.

It also shits me when the commentators defend the person calling them the nicest bloke you'll meet and that there was no malice in it. Bullshit, you could see that it was very late and that he was trying to put a big shot on. Doesn't matter whether they are the nicest bloke or not. The most potential for significant injury is when tackle is late and the ball player has no idea they are potentially going to get smashed and they haven't had a chance to brace himself properly.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:21 am

Yep, 3-4 weeks is what we'd expect I would say.
    Anymore would be OTT. Any less and he's gotten away with it big time.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:28 am

There are a few shots of the Soliola tackle that don't actually show the tackle because the camera has moved on with play. it was incredibly late.

Also, whilst a sin bin might feel appropriate, the rules don't actually allow it do they? Its been like this for ages, play like that is send off or nothing.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:31 am

Swinging arm to the head used to be a send off and about 6 weeks on the sideline. Dam the nrl has gone soft
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:34 am

Milchcow wrote:There are a few shots of the Soliola tackle that don't actually show the tackle because the camera has moved on with play. it was incredibly late.

Also, whilst a sin bin might feel appropriate, the rules don't actually allow it do they? Its been like this for ages, play like that is send off or nothing.

I reckon Nrl should adopt Unions approach. Basically anything that's high is 10 in the bin, regardless of intent or injury or timing.

Stronger on field consequences for sloppy tackles or dangerous intent. Reduce repercussions, i.e weaker sanctions. In this example id be happier seeing Soli in the bin for 10, and on the pine for a week then seeing him play on and get 3-4weeks.

This goes back to the whole argument about Storm getting no advantage from the situation, but the next few teams will get the advantage.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:37 am

No Worries wrote:Catching up on the weekend, was the Solioloa hit really as bad as people are making out ? Archer saying it was a send off, Storm crying to the NRL. Is it just because it's the grub Slater ? He was nearly horizontal when he got hit. It wasn't a shoulder charge, it wasn't terribly late and if he hadn't have slipped it would have been a good shot that would have gone unnoticed. Have they said what he's being charged with yet ?

It was as late as they come. By the time Slater is hit, the next player is already being tackled. And Slater was falling a little but it's the tacklers responsibility to not hit the head, not the other way around. Should have been a send off for sure.

GI got 3 weeks for his high shot on Young that wasn't late. If Solioloa gets less then 4 before loading/early pleas, he'll be very lucky.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:38 am

Milchcow wrote:There are a few shots of the Soliola tackle that don't actually show the tackle because the camera has moved on with play. it was incredibly late.

My understanding of the sin-bin is that it can be used for anything at the referee's discretion.
    Realistically though, they aren't going to sin-bin someone for something that it hasn't been used for and may have direction from the NRL on what to use it for and what not to.

For mine, they've gotta be consistent and put player welfare first.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:42 am

Fortitude wrote:

I reckon Nrl should adopt Unions approach. Basically anything that's high is 10 in the bin, regardless of intent or injury or timing.

Stronger on field consequences for sloppy tackles or dangerous intent. Reduce repercussions, i.e weaker sanctions. In this example id be happier seeing Soli in the bin for 10, and on the pine for a week then seeing him play on and get 3-4weeks.

This goes back to the whole argument about Storm getting no advantage from the situation, but the next few teams will get the advantage.

Agree with what you said about union. AFL is the same, no? Not the bin but any contact with the head is a big deal? The onus is on the tackler to not make contact with the head no matter what the situation. It's surprising NRL is behind on this given what happened to McKinnon.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:50 am

filthridden wrote:

Agree with what you said about union. AFL is the same, no? Not the bin but any contact with the head is a big deal? The onus is on the tackler to not make contact with the head no matter what the situation. It's surprising NRL is behind on this given what happened to McKinnon.

Union take it heaps far too. Anything around the neck in the ruck and maul. If League played that the storm (and a few other teams) would regularly play with 9 on the field specifically how tacklers try and turn players around on the ground. Hodgson does it a fair bit from memory.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:53 am

Fortitude wrote:

Union take it heaps far too. Anything around the neck in the ruck and maul. If League played that the storm (and a few other teams) would regularly play with 9 on the field specifically how tacklers try and turn players around on the ground. Hodgson does it a fair bit from memory.

Yeah I always see players with arms around the neck. Can't imagine why you'd want that happening as an authority of the league. So dangerous. Rub it out.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:55 am

After starting the byes ranked 141st I've barely moved in 2 months and am now 137th. Got down to 85th two weeks ago but injuries have hurt the last two weeks.

Really hope Smith only misses this week. Two weeks missing I'm almost tempted to trade to Pearce.
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:58 am

Would love to see Smith miss a few weeks. Makes sense to rest him before the finals.... (says McInnes / McCullough / Griffin owner)
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:02 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:After starting the byes ranked 141st I've barely moved in 2 months and am now 137th. Got down to 85th two weeks ago but injuries have hurt the last two weeks.

Really hope Smith only misses this week. Two weeks missing I'm almost tempted to trade to Pearce.
    How many trades do you have left?

Anyone who has a decent amount of trades could make a real surge on the run home.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:08 am

OK I've changed my mind and it's only Monday (Classic filth :pp: )

Holding Surgess until Souths play. Saving the trade in case there's some other late mail.
    Smith ---> McCulloch goes ahead

McCulloch (McInnes)
    Vaughan, Brown (Taupau)
    Gallen, Crichton, JDB (Surgess)
    Pearce, Cleary (Munster)
    Hayne, Scott
    Tedesco, Dedwards, CWalker

18: Fuimaono
    19: Leilua
    20: Chanel

Storm play Sunday so I'm really hoping Bellyache doesn't fuck around with Scott again. :/
    Vanish
    Vanish

Post by Vanish Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:11 am

Might spend my last trade going Fui -> TTurbo. Have Surgess and Friend out, but they'll be back soon and realistically I can't fit both of them in my 17. Given how Fui and Scott scored this week, TTurbo is probably worth enough points to justify the risk on.

Maybe. Suspect I'll be umming and erring all week about it.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:12 pm