NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

State of Origin 2017 Series

Pieman
    Pieman

State of Origin 2017 Series - Page 19 Empty Re: State of Origin 2017 Series

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:00 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Your analysis proves once again that you truly are an utter simpleton.

Again Pearce is made out to be the scapegoat but it was clearly your forwards that put the cue in the rack which let Napa, McGuire and co. turn the momentum....combined with Hayne trying too hard.

It's as simple as that and whilst it is understandable that winning a series got in their head, reality is and was they were only 10 points ahead.

What would Thurston or Cronk (or smith) do if his forwards started to get dominated a bit and momentum was changing?

They would kick it early or kick a 40/20 or get some repeat sets or put a fucking rocket up them and control the game.

Once again, Pearce - as halfback, has not been able to do it. He is supposed to own this team now, he is in charge and he couldn't deliver with his game management and his kicking. Maloney too, to a certain extent.

As I predicted before the game - QLD forwards were able to keep it close and QLD halves and backs were able to do the job and guide the side to a win. NSW's forwards once again were able to keep it close (and even keep a lead) and NSW halves (and this time Hayne) couldn't grind out the win in a close one.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:11 pm

Pieman wrote:

Don't give a fuck how much "territory" came from his kicks. His kicks NEVER find the ground. If you think that's ok, then well, sorry, you are wrong. Smith and co more often than not, find the ground with their kicks. That's the fucking difference.

Oh lets bomb it to arguably the best fullback in the history of the game again and again. Like I have been doing for years and expect a different result.

A number of his kicks simply did find the ground, so you are wrong, those are the cold hard facts about that and his kicks led to us having more territory, again, an indisputable statistical fact, as is the fact a number of his kicks didn't find ground and his midfield bombs were ineffective. But his total amount of kicks resulted in us having more territory than Qld, who I thought had a very average kicking game and dispute that they more often than not found the ground in an effective manner. At least twice they just grubbered for touch which actually cost them metres and Teddy took plenty of balls on the full.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:17 pm

Pieman wrote:

No, it is you who is wrong.
    He was having an absolute shocker and should have been taken off.

He didn't pass to Morris when a pass would have resulted in a try, it absolutely was a blunder.
    He did do a silly flick pass that cost us possession.
    And he did drop a ball cold.

Some key moments that were bad for him, but hardly worth being pulled for.
    He forced three turnovers by tackling players into touch and tackled twice Qlders in goal.
    It was as bad as he plays but not worth pulling from the field.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:25 pm

moment i believe we shot ourselves in the foot which contributed to the loss

* Maloney's early penalties leading to first try
    * Maloney's missed converson - this is really what ended up separating the teams
    * Hayne not passing to morris
    * hayne stupid flick pass
    * Graham missing a tackle on mcguire he would usually make that lead to Gagai's first try
    * Hayne stripping penalty when we were in good defensive position
    * Pearce dumb pass to hayne, still a pass that hayne should have caught and did not
    * Wade graham penalty - QLD 3rd tackle, ten out from own line, this penalty was inexcusable, they scored after this, if he just completes the tackle, QLD at best kick at their 30M line and we are in a great position to put the game away, fuck this irrated me as soon as it happened

i think also our forwards dominated the first 60 ish, but woods and fifita coming on for their second stint was a noticeable drop compared to what we were getting from klem and jake T at the time who were both awesome off the bench for us

Pearce had solid game, he played as well as i could hope any NSW eligible half to play, he is NOT to blame
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:28 pm

Pieman wrote:

What would Thurston or Cronk (or smith) do if his forwards started to get dominated a bit and momentum was changing?

They would kick it early or kick a 40/20 or get some repeat sets or put a fucking rocket up them and control the game.

Once again, Pearce - as halfback, has not been able to do it. He is supposed to own this team now, he is in charge and he couldn't deliver with his game management and his kicking. Maloney too, to a certain extent.

As I predicted before the game - QLD forwards were able to keep it close and QLD halves and backs were able to do the job and guide the side to a win. NSW's forwards once again were able to keep it close (and even keep a lead) and NSW halves (and this time Hayne) couldn't grind out the win in a close one.

Sorry Pieman but they would do what they did in Game 1 (Smith and Cronk) and try their best...but unfortunately it would be to no avail.

Honestly there was not much difference between the halves from both teams last night in terms of game management and kicking games, it really just came down to a couple of moments and some small shifts in momentum.
    I would even go as far as saying our halves were pretty average in some aspects i.e. continually going wide instead of inside balls and some very poor last tackle options, combined with plenty of kicks 'not finding the ground'.

That is Origin to blame a scapegoat is far too simplistic and the reason Pearce, who may not be as good as JT (i.e. a bloke who is potentially one of the greatests of all time)....but who is still clearly your best half gets a shitload of unnecessary flak.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:05 pm

Pieman wrote:

Well Der!!! Qld spine is far superior, everyone knows that and everyone knows there pack just needs to be close to50/50 and they win, which they did in this game, but there are no other NSW ha
    Fs that have shown anything to suggest they'd manage those big moments better.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:23 pm

Come on people the clearest and simplest reason NSW lost was Laurie Daley! He changed the game plan and messed around with the interchange. Why replace Jackson in the middle with an edge forward (Graham)that then means switching Cordner from left(where QLD couldnt make ground and Hayne was on fire) to right, your right edge to middle (away from where he had been smashing Thurston). When Graham went left they started trying to go around rather then continuing the inside balls, Graham also stuffed the whole defensive side constantly rushing up and putting pressure on Maloney inside and Hayne outside him. He missed 5 tackles in about 40min(not to mention being the cause of 1/2 of Maloneys and Haynes), it was absolute rubbish and he should have been pulled as soon as McGuire got past him.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:55 pm

Some fair points there Shanbon, hard to argue they werent key tactical mistakes.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:56 pm

So who is gonna be coach next year. Word is Fittler, but I reckon through Joey the ball, he is clear and decisive about what he wants and how he'd go about it, it would be interesting to see if he could handle it.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:07 pm

Deadset, fox has a side by side of theHomles v Hayne step on the line. There is no way Hayne touches the line, you see it clearly for the reverse angle, his heel is a mile in the air.

I'd love to see a reverse angle of theHomles one, tin hat tells me that footage will never be released.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:34 pm

8 years later and Blues fans are still bringing up a disallowed try in a game they lost by 10.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Ice wrote:Deadset, fox has a side by side of theHomles v Hayne step on the line. There is no way Hayne touches the line, you see it clearly for the reverse angle, his heel is a mile in the air.

I'd love to see a reverse angle of theHomles one, tin hat tells me that footage will never be released.

This one?

State of Origin 2017 Series - Page 19 19399396_1400532703327843_7969678184049090516_n
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:57 pm

Away for 2 weeks... feels like there's a lot more salty cockroaches in here then there was before...

Anyways - weekends coming up, does anybody know where I can get some of the drugs the selectors were on when they named Jackson MOTM? Must be good gear.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:57 pm

ryno_ wrote:

This one?

State of Origin 2017 Series - Page 19 19399396_1400532703327843_7969678184049090516_n
    haha

Fishing
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:23 pm

Look, clear evidence that Hayne was nowhere near the line either

State of Origin 2017 Series - Page 19 Jarryd+Hayne+NSW+v+QLD+State+Origin+Game+2+mP-p3Xi-jkQl
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:27 pm

Milchcow wrote:*crosseyed twat*

By the look on his face, I think the line just kicked in.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:12 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Sorry Pieman but they would do what they did in Game 1 (Smith and Cronk) and try their best...but unfortunately it would be to no avail.

Honestly there was not much difference between the halves from both teams last night in terms of game management and kicking games, it really just came down to a couple of moments and some small shifts in momentum.
    I would even go as far as saying our halves were pretty average in some aspects i.e. continually going wide instead of inside balls and some very poor last tackle options, combined with plenty of kicks 'not finding the ground'.

That is Origin to blame a scapegoat is far too simplistic and the reason Pearce, who may not be as good as JT (i.e. a bloke who is potentially one of the greatests of all time)....but who is still clearly your best half gets a shitload of unnecessary flak.

Rubbish, if its a tight game and the good halves (and smith) can feel momentum changing, they sort it out themselves.
    Pearce cant do it in origin. soz.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:13 pm

Ice wrote:

Well Der!!! Qld spine is far superior, everyone knows that and everyone knows there pack just needs to be close to50/50 and they win, which they did in this game, but there are no other NSW ha
    Fs that have shown anything to suggest they'd manage those big moments better.

Moylan has shown that he should be there.
    Pearce has shown time and time again that he cant do it in those big moments in origin. Why keep giving him the chance???? How many origins does he have to play before NSW think - ok maybe the guy just isnt suited to origin footy. 25? 30?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Shanbon wrote:Come on people the clearest and simplest reason NSW lost was Laurie Daley! He changed the game plan and messed around with the interchange. Why replace Jackson in the middle with an edge forward (Graham)that then means switching Cordner from left(where QLD couldnt make ground and Hayne was on fire) to right, your right edge to middle (away from where he had been smashing Thurston). When Graham went left they started trying to go around rather then continuing the inside balls, Graham also stuffed the whole defensive side constantly rushing up and putting pressure on Maloney inside and Hayne outside him. He missed 5 tackles in about 40min(not to mention being the cause of 1/2 of Maloneys and Haynes), it was absolute rubbish and he should have been pulled as soon as McGuire got past him.

Absolutely.

I think a lot of it was because Friz was injured tho and prob shouldnt have played.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:16 pm

Only problem with Moylan replacing Pearce is the kick game

Pearce gets panned and people moan that all the general filed kicking is on him, whereas it gets shared by Smith, Thurston and Cronk for QLD

Moylan doesn't kick and Maloney does little, has to be Arey if they want to change the halves direction

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:56 am