NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

State of Origin 2017 Series

State of Origin 2017 Series - Page 18 Empty Re: State of Origin 2017 Series

Post by Guest Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:00 am

I gave you a like for that last line HS
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:12 am

[quote="Ice"][quote="SI"]

You and I obviously saw his time at Fullback completely differently then Ice. I thought he was exceptional, and I really fucking hate him.[/q
    He was exceptional, no doubt, but it was all in our defensive 50. I just think given he was also exceptional at centre in the defensive end, and we needed more than 16 points to win, And given Hayne hadn't fired, I thought shifting Hayne there might have got us the points we needed. Dugan was never going to be a points producer from FB. What it showed me was that Daley had decided 16 points was going to be enough and we could defend our way to victory and if that was the case the next the Dugan call was the right one. But I don't think 16 was ever going to be enough, so if we wanted more points, Hayne to FB was the better call, and so it transpired, but I accept hindsight is a wonderful thing.

For the record, I called and 18-16 Qld win early in the second half, we just didn't look like we wanted to score.[/quote

That's the thing though mate, Dugan stepped in when all the pressure was on in his own half. Understand your point re Hayne potentially finding points, but I'd accept that more on seasons past, not now. Assuming Hayne would have just gone and found a miracle play, ala 2009, at Origin level when Queensland started to smell blood is a bit optimistic. Dugan did the righty defensively for your mob and also bought the ball out twice during that onslaught for at least 4 tackle busts and quite a few extra metres on top of them, when they could just have easily be enforced to defend another set.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:13 am

Also why is JT allowed three times as long to kick the goal? What happened to the time limit for them?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:27 am

Honeysett wrote:- J Turbo is an absolute superstar and will captain NSW one day.
    - Teddy off hurt or go forward but Dugan and Fergy stepped up.
    - QLD got away with murder on block plays and there should have been more penalties blown.
    - Holmes got so much of that line I thought SKD sold it to him
    - NSW played dumb in the second half.
    - Referees guess with strip calls and always goes the wrong way. Ala Gagai.
    - Glasby/Hess/Holmes were poor, average at the very best.
    - QLD got home on the back of penalty calls late in the game and capatilised on them.

QLD will now win the series and belt us up there I reckon.

We should all bear in mind that Honeysett is as we speak currently in Darlinghurst having lines sold to him by SKD.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:29 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:I gave you a like for that last line HS

On tick Smile ?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:30 am

SI wrote:

We should all bear in mind that Honeysett is as we speak currently in Darlinghurst having lines sold to him by SKD.

Gave me a Knights members discount.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:30 am

Honeysett wrote:- J Turbo is an absolute superstar and will captain NSW one day.
    - Teddy off hurt or go forward but Dugan and Fergy stepped up.
    - QLD got away with murder on block plays and there should have been more penalties blown.
    - Holmes got so much of that line I thought SKD sold it to him
    - NSW played dumb in the second half.
    - Referees guess with strip calls and always goes the wrong way. Ala Gagai.
    - Glasby/Hess/Holmes were poor, average at the very best.
    - QLD got home on the back of penalty calls late in the game and capatilised on them.

QLD will now win the series and belt us up there I reckon.

You're taking the piss surely. From the moment Fafita tackled Slater off the ball in the second set the set the tone for not penalising taking players out without the ball. The most obvious example was Graham taking Slater out in the second half.

Holmes appeared clearly off the sideline.

Hayne and Graham were like hamsters on a treadmill clawing at the ball when penalised for strips.

We should have received more penalties. Hayne catching the ball in an offside position after the dropped bomb was an obvious one.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:13 am

Dip wrote:

You're taking the piss surely. From the moment Fafita tackled Slater off the ball in the second set the set the tone for not penalising taking players out without the ball. The most obvious example was Graham taking Slater out in the second half.

Holmes appeared clearly off the sideline.

Hayne and Graham were like hamsters on a treadmill clawing at the ball when penalised for strips.

We should have received more penalties. Hayne catching the ball in an offside position after the dropped bomb was an obvious one.

Pearce had his legs taken out off a kick and nothing so that's where the precedence was set.

Boyd changes his line and TACKLES Dugan and QLD take it in goal. Penalty and we take the 2.

If you think Hayne stripped the ball you've got rocks in your head.

You should have had more penalties but so should we, you can't tell me QLD were perfect in the second half.

I'm not blaming the refs for the loss. They just dictated the tempo and field position.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:07 am

Pieman wrote:

When fatty asked him that, he gave the - obviously I would have look
    Spot on comments form johns.

Hey - absolutely. I personally wouldn't have dribbled on about it as much as Johns did, but hey: that's probably one of many reasons I'm not an immortal and he is.

Still: masterfully understated question there by the Fat Man. Let him know he was sounding like a psychopathic ax murderer (without actually saying "shut up you goose"), and gave him the option to belt up of his own accord.

dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:23 am

I burst out laughing when they cut to the NSW locker room post game.

I couldn't help it. We all like to think we're decent human beings, but that moment it became clear to me I like ze schadenfreude as much as the next bloke.

The looks on the faces were stunned - that lip quivering moment when you take a toy away from a baby, and they don't understand how their perfect moment turned from joy to tragedy. From that moment that Pearce scored, and Teddy was smiling that much I could see 4 inches of his top gums, to the shattered husk of Boyd Cordner slumped in the chair, well... I can't think of a bigger reversal in fortunes.

I know - I know: be humble in victory, etc, etc, but... you know what? I don't care this morning. Every talking head has been looking over the horizon at the new Blues Dynasty, and they tripped. Suck. Shit.

See you in Brisbane. Remind Mitchell to pack his emotional baggage.

Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:53 am

dasherhalo wrote:

Perhaps the best one liner this year.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:23 am

i'm happy with the holmes try but it is hard as a nsw fan not to think of the mirror image hayne try, oh well, we should be over that by now ha!

NSW through that game away, we were the better team, we should have won, few things cost us

about 4 stupid plays by hayne, he was terrible, man of the match performance, i'm a fan but he was off his game last night and it seemed to compund as he got frustrated.

Wade Graham also, the QLD first try was all on his missed tackle and the penalty he gave away at the end was peak stupidity, 7 minutes to go, QLD 3rd tackle at their 10M line, we had this, he decided to strip the ball, QLD would score before we touched the ball again, that was the play that cost us the game.

I think we shat ourselves in attack in the 2nd half too, we were always gonna need another try but it never looked like happening

ultimately the game was decided by a goal kick, its a hard one to take, i think we were the better team but we through away our best chance, i'm not sure we can come back from it
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:26 am

fans posting stats after the jackson MOTM is peak current day rugby league, we are becoming so intrigued by the fantasy game that it dictates how we judge players

for the record, i don't think he should have got it, i think if NSW won, he would have been 1 of about 5 players to have a legit chance (with dugan, teddy, klem and jake T) but to get in a losing team, i think you have to be clearly the best player on the park, he clearly wasn't

i probs would have gone either mcguire or gagai
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:49 am

Gagai has great field position and unlike Boyd actually made a contribution when scoring, but when not in open space is a ragdoll. He's kinda like Hayne, you have to take the good with the bad, only difference being he's more good than bad unlike Hayne.

NSW have a great side full of youngsters who will only get better. We just need to fuck Hayne and Pearce off and let the domination begin.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:17 am

dasherhalo wrote:

Hey - absolutely. I personally wouldn't have dribbled on about it as much as Johns did, but hey: that's probably one of many reasons I'm not an immortal and he is.

Still: masterfully understated question there by the Fat Man. Let him know he was sounding like a psychopathic ax murderer (without actually saying "shut up you goose"), and gave him the option to belt up of his own accord.

I thought it was fattys way of saying that he agrees with johns.

I couldn't agree more with Joey, yeah his passion came out a bit and he carried on a little, but its spot on.

Im going to go a step farther and criticise the game plan of:
    1. Going to Hayne on the left too much, against the best defensive centre in the game
    2. Not going to Friz, teddy, dugan and fergo much if at all - when they have a busted JT marking them, a fullback in his first game at centre and a debutant winger. They should have been targeting that side the entire game. They should have been peppering them with bombs on that side all game.

I really don't understand their game plan.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:24 am

Andrew Johns fired up is the best I've ever seen him as a commentator. Usually he sounds like he's come from the dentist with an anaesthetic injected into his tongue, but when getting cranky he was pretty clear about what he was saying.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:27 am

Ice wrote:

Wrong again pieman, he should have been sent to FB. He wins Origins from there like Pearce loses them from 7. You can't have it both ways brother.

No, it is you who is wrong.
    He was having an absolute shocker and should have been taken off.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:29 am

Ice wrote:

We had over 60% of the territory for the game and over 80% of the territory in the 2nd half. I'm not sure how much more territory he can give us.

Don't give a fuck how much "territory" came from his kicks. His kicks NEVER find the ground. If you think that's ok, then well, sorry, you are wrong. Smith and co more often than not, find the ground with their kicks. That's the fucking difference.

Oh lets bomb it to arguably the best fullback in the history of the game again and again. Like I have been doing for years and expect a different result.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:51 pm

Pieman wrote:

Don't give a fuck how much "territory" came from his kicks. His kicks NEVER find the ground. If you think that's ok, then well, sorry, you are wrong. Smith and co more often than not, find the ground with their kicks. That's the fucking difference.

Oh lets bomb it to arguably the best fullback in the history of the game again and again. Like I have been doing for years and expect a different result.

Your analysis proves once again that you truly are an utter simpleton.

Again Pearce is made out to be the scapegoat but it was clearly your forwards that put the cue in the rack which let Napa, McGuire and co. turn the momentum....combined with Hayne trying too hard.

It's as simple as that and whilst it is understandable that winning a series got in their head, reality is and was they were only 10 points ahead.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:54 pm

dasherhalo wrote:I burst out laughing when they cut to the NSW locker room post game.

I couldn't help it. We all like to think we're decent human beings, but that moment it became clear to me I like ze schadenfreude as much as the next bloke.

The looks on the faces were stunned - that lip quivering moment when you take a toy away from a baby, and they don't understand how their perfect moment turned from joy to tragedy. From that moment that Pearce scored, and Teddy was smiling that much I could see 4 inches of his top gums, to the shattered husk of Boyd Cordner slumped in the chair, well... I can't think of a bigger reversal in fortunes.

I know - I know: be humble in victory, etc, etc, but... you know what? I don't care this morning. Every talking head has been looking over the horizon at the new Blues Dynasty, and they tripped. Suck. Shit.

I feel like you have summarised the thoughts of not only myself but the entire state here.

Enough said.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:02 am