NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon May 29, 2017 9:14 pm

Musgrove to JBrom for a cool 40k Yikes
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 29, 2017 9:18 pm

@Vanish

Congrats on your ranking mate, doing fantastically!

I like the Brailey to McInnes trade a lot! I think Merrin is a bit of a risk though. Perhaps its one worth taking, but I wonder if Lolo is a better alternative?

The other option, which may be better for you given Frawley's minutes could drop this week is bringing in Munster somehow. Probably do so by holding the hooker trade for one more round.

Good luck!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 29, 2017 9:23 pm

@Deuces

Congrats to you too mate! That's an awesome score, well done!

I reckon Munster is a must have this week. He'll really help your bye totals (15 and 18 in particular), so find a way to get him in I reckon!

I'll chuck this out there for an option as well, but how about J Brom for a massive gamble? I haven't run the numbers on your team but it would be a boom or bust move probably, but if it comes off it would have massive up-side 1) adds to your round 15 and 18 totals, 2) frees up a ton of cash that you could use to sort out your backs 3) would increase in value and therefore make for an easy switch to Fifita again in Rnd 19.

Maybe the risk is too great, but if you are going all in to win this thing then maybe its worth a shot?

Just thought I'd throw that out there as an idea mate, good luck regardless!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 29, 2017 9:30 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:

I'm actually worried about McCullough being a season keeper. I don't have him in Fantasy, but I do in VSDT and am going to sell him this week.
    From memory ( as I can't get into nrlstats.com anymore ) McCullough has yet to have a game this year with Nikorima on the bench. The first 5-6 weeks Niko was injured and as soon as Niko came back is when Ben Hunt went down and Niko has been in the halves ever since. I'd like to think that when Niko comes on from off the bench, it won't be for McCullough but I just don't know what Bennett will do.

Yup, Im in exactly the same boat mate, and have the same concerns! The other thing is his latest injury/concussion? That adds to the likelihood he gets some rest time I would have thought.

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon May 29, 2017 9:52 pm

Hey R&T. Cheers for the trade advice last week. Definitely think I'm heading in the right direction, sneakily keen on JBrom aswell but will have a look this week because if I bring him in I'll have 18 I think.

Going for Munster as VC, and Vaughan as C. 

Hard having 2mil+ worth of forwards on the bench is rough
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 29, 2017 10:06 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Hey R&T. Cheers for the trade advice last week. Definitely think I'm heading in the right direction, sneakily keen on JBrom aswell but will have a look this week because if I bring him in I'll have 18 I think.

Going for Munster as VC, and Vaughan as C. 

Hard having 2mil+ worth of forwards on the bench is rough

No worries mate - I can't recall what I suggested though. Did you follow the advice? more impertinently did what you decide on work out?

Yeah, JBrom I think could be a really good option for those without much to lose that are looking to make a big move. He may not come off, but if h does it would be a big play. Its a risk I am willing to take given my ranking. I think worst case you get decent bye coverage and you have to trade him out in round 19.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon May 29, 2017 10:06 pm

GreenMachine wrote:Titans better not do something funky like naming Hayne in jumper 18 and screwing up our DPP plans!

Doesn't matter what jersey he wears. Has to be centre in final team lists to count for DPP
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon May 29, 2017 10:13 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

No worries mate - I can't recall what I suggested though. Did you follow the advice? more impertinently did what you decide on work out?

Yeah, JBrom I think could be a really good option for those without much to lose that are looking to make a big move. He may not come off, but if h does it would be a big play. Its a risk I am willing to take given my ranking. I think worst case you get decent bye coverage and you have to trade him out in round 19.

I was tossing up between Norman to a fellow gun or bye playing cash out. Went with NuBrown and happy with the money it provided and points fall off is minimal so far. 

Niko > Munster is my first trade and not sure what to do with my second. Atm have gone Kelly > Semi giving me two players that play 15 and 18
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 29, 2017 10:17 pm

mulvy wrote:Try again.

Merrin averaged 56 in 66 minutes last year. This year 47 in 59 minutes even including last week's 80 minutes. Is it not just laziness but a matter of minutes?? He's had a few games with lots of missed tackles, has he improved on this?

Im really interested in some evidence based stuff on Merrin too. I recall he started the year crap last year too, then picked it up, did he close out well last year?

And this year, Minutes are down a bit, but have been higher in his last 3 games. Are they more of a reflection of what's to come? And with Cartwright gone? Wallace gone, CHN not looking like a solid 80minute guy, and JFH with his hamstring, could this mean bigger minutes for Merrin?

Finally, is his uptick in fantasy form got anything to do with Origin do you think? Will his motivation die off a bit now? or is he better than that?

A lot of things pointing to him being a great buy, but some question marks too!!

Would love to know what people think!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 29, 2017 10:24 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    I was tossing up between Norman to a fellow gun or bye playing cash out. Went with NuBrown and happy with the money it provided and points fall off is minimal so far. 

Niko > Munster is my first trade and not sure what to do with my second. Atm have gone Kelly > Semi giving me two players that play 15 and 18

Good stuff mate, yeah I think I was suggesting Walker right? haha, he scored about the same as Nu Brown. But yeah I remember now, it was more about strategy than the actual trade in players. Glad it worked out mate. Now you've got money to burn I'd imagine.

Whats your team looking like?

Semi is looking a bit more involved after his legal issues have passed. Im still not entirely convinced by him though. Its more about the Eels though that him. If he can keep up those scores (and you have the numbers in the Eels bye rounds) then yeah I reckon he could be about as good as it gets in terms of WFB value. The other option is Rapana. This week might be the last chance for many to jump on him as his price will rise quite a bit from here. He's got a nice afternoon game this weekend but his bye schedule aint great. But scoring 40 points from lateral stiff arms is just crazy stuff, you kinda want to be on that train. Could you fit him in? Wont give you the same bye output as Semi, but if he scores on average 10 points more per round than semi, that won't matter long term.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon May 29, 2017 10:25 pm

@ R & T re Merrin. The last couple of years he has come out of the blocks sluggish but around origin time he picks it up & fires from then. Early season he seems overweight & not at a good fitness level. I think in future he's not a good pick at the start of the season.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 29, 2017 10:31 pm

White Lightning wrote:@ R & T re Merrin. The last couple of years he has come out of the blocks sluggish but around origin time he picks it up & fires from then. Early season he seems overweight & not at a good fitness level. I think in future he's not a good pick at the start of the season.

Thanks mate, how do you see him tracking from here though? Surely the injury situation at the panthers bodes well for him - but most impertinently does his effort levels stay high if Origin is out of reach? Im just not sure what kind of player/person he is. Im not a big fan of guys turning up to game 1 unfit though. Speaks volumes IMO. ve had enough of that with the Warriors squad (bar Mannering of course Wink )
    OnTheLast
    OnTheLast

Post by OnTheLast Mon May 29, 2017 10:37 pm

McLean worth a look over JBrom?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon May 29, 2017 10:39 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Good stuff mate, yeah I think I was suggesting Walker right? haha, he scored about the same as Nu Brown. But yeah I remember now, it was more about strategy than the actual trade in players. Glad it worked out mate. Now you've got money to burn I'd imagine.

Whats your team looking like?

Semi is looking a bit more involved after his legal issues have passed. Im still not entirely convinced by him though. Its more about the Eels though that him. If he can keep up those scores (and you have the numbers in the Eels bye rounds) then yeah I reckon he could be about as good as it gets in terms of WFB value. The other option is Rapana. This week might be the last chance for many to jump on him as his price will rise quite a bit from here. He's got a nice afternoon game this weekend but his bye schedule aint great. But scoring 40 points from lateral stiff arms is just crazy stuff, you kinda want to be on that train. Could you fit him in? Wont give you the same bye output as Semi, but if he scores on average 10 points more per round than semi, that won't matter long term.
    Could bring him in for Kelly or Hayne. Is a pretty large outlay. Could upgrade both Kelly and Hayne to Munster and Rapana haha will leave me exactly 0 cash
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon May 29, 2017 10:44 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Thanks mate, how do you see him tracking from here though? Surely the injury situation at the panthers bodes well for him - but most impertinently does his effort levels stay high if Origin is out of reach? Im just not sure what kind of player/person he is. Im not a big fan of guys turning up to game 1 unfit though. Speaks volumes IMO. ve had enough of that with the Warriors squad (bar Mannering of course Wink )

I think he's a great pick but preferably from round 16 when the Panthers have completed their 2 byes but I don't see any problem getting him now as he's already had his 1st bye.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon May 29, 2017 10:46 pm

Quite keen on Nofo as a POD and he plays Rd15
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Mon May 29, 2017 10:47 pm

RE Merrin I've done Whitehead>Merrin this week because plays a major bye extra, price point, and I buy into the theory that Merrin looked overweight pre season which is one of the reasons I stayed away. Now he's fit and scoring accordingly. Other trade planned this week is Niko>Munster if Brown still out as loophole active. Leaves me with 15 trades and on track for good bye cover in every round
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon May 29, 2017 10:52 pm

I feel we're overlooking S. Bolton. He seems one of those unfashionable picks because he's not explosive but he's like M. Gordon where he's quietly going about his business & putting up good numbers. Someone mentioned getting Finucane the other day but Bolton has a higher average plus he's a dpp.

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 29, 2017 10:53 pm

Loomer wrote:RE Merrin I've done Whitehead>Merrin this week because plays a major bye extra, price point, and I buy into the theory that Merrin looked overweight pre season which is one of the reasons I stayed away. Now he's fit and scoring accordingly. Other trade planned this week is Niko>Munster if Brown still out as loophole active. Leaves me with 15 trades and on track for good bye cover in every round

Have you projected Merrin's price rises moving forward based on an assumed average scoring per week? I'd be interested to know how is value might track.

That will determine whether he is a buy now, or after 15 when he will have e finished his Bye's. I.e. does he become unaffordable over the next 2 rounds or not...
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 29, 2017 10:55 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Could bring him in for Kelly or Hayne. Is a pretty large outlay. Could upgrade both Kelly and Hayne to Munster and Rapana haha will leave me exactly 0 cash

It's a sign - but in all seriousness those could be two pretty solid moves! POD in Rapana is extra nice!!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:51 am