NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44

Post by wolfking Fri May 26, 2017 12:03 pm

Vanish wrote:If Niko does play from the bench this week, he might be worth cashing out to NuBrown even though he's playing. He is just as likely to not reach his BE then he is to surpass it off the bench, and the cash out gives a lot of money to play with next week.

That said I fully expect Marshall to play QLD cup and Niko to play 6.

If for some reason he does start from the bench, I think he'll still play big minutes.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 44

Post by my tv broke Fri May 26, 2017 12:04 pm

Vanish wrote:If Niko does play from the bench this week, he might be worth cashing out to NuBrown even though he's playing. He is just as likely to not reach his BE then he is to surpass it off the bench, and the cash out gives a lot of money to play with next week.

That said I fully expect Marshall to play QLD cup and Niko to play 6.

I think Niko will get solid minutes off the bench, Waddell will probably take the first 20 mins. Should be at worst a 40/40 split.

Even so, if Musgrove does play, I'm probably going to cash out Niko this week as Musgrove + Nu Brown probably score better than Collins + Niko.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 26, 2017 12:05 pm

Honeysett wrote:Need some help here crew.

Deciding between making one cash out trade and running with 11 this week or upgrading my centres this week.

This week
    Suli -> James Roberts + $135K
    Suli -> Aubs + $208K
    Suli -> Croker + $230K

or

Next week
    Suli -> Aubs + $208K (potentially more because Aubs should drop $ this week)

That would leave me with Cotric as my other centre, which for now I'm happy with.

The extra money left over is handy as that helps me upgrade Cook later on.

My team at the moment for reference

Smith/Cook
    Graham/Wallace/Fai/Hoare
    Surgess/Taumalolo/Gallen/Crichton/JDB/Yates
    Pearce/Walker/Frawley/CNK
    Cotric/Suli/Fui/Rennings
    Teddy/RTS/Slater/Hayne/MWZ

The plan after/during byes is ;
    Cook to 2nd best hooker
    Wallace to Fifita
    RTS to Munster
    Yates to best FRF/2RF
    Frawley to 2nd best HLF

Sorry this is all over the place, so is my thought process.

I went Croker last week and am happy with that decision. I'm tempted to hold Suli for round 15 myself.
    Vanish
    Vanish

Post by Vanish Fri May 26, 2017 12:05 pm

wolfking wrote:

If for some reason he does start from the bench, I think he'll still play big minutes.

He is a more established player than Wardell and in better form than Marshall. So it's possible.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 26, 2017 12:06 pm

White Lightning wrote:Anyone keen on M. Gordon. He seems to be quietly going about his business plus as the goalkicker he benefits from playing for the Roosters who score plenty of tries.
    Also I noticed Wighton scored 50+ last week & is only 277k..

Was tossing up between Semi and Gordon. Gordon is going great this year. Still leaning towards Semi cause he's almost 100K cheaper.

Don't even think about Wighton, just no.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Fri May 26, 2017 12:07 pm

Might bite the bullet and hold off destroying my team for 1 round, fingers crossed I can make the ground up in the next two byes...

Anybody doing that?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 26, 2017 12:08 pm

Finch wrote:Might bite the bullet and hold off destroying my team for 1 round, fingers crossed I can make the ground up in the next two byes...

Anybody doing that?

I thought about doing that. Just did Norman to SJ and could leave it at that, but now Brown out and Semi tempting me.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri May 26, 2017 12:11 pm

Team for the week (have decided against Semi and Gallen and gone with TKO and CWalker)

Graham
    Surgess (VC), Chricton, Whitehead, TKO, Elliot
    Johnson (c), Niko, Frawley
    Croker, Fuimaono
    RTS, CWalker

only 13 but will have a decent 17 next week so should peg back a little ground.
    Smith, McInnes
    Graham, McGuire
    Whitehead, TKO, Elliot, JWallace
    Johnson, Munster, Frawley
    DWalker, Croker
    RTS, Slater,

+ 2 Trades to take it to 17.

CWalker, Surgess, Chricton, Fuimaono taking a seat next week plus Fifita so already down to selecting from 20 players. Then I have Leota, TRD, Idris and DEdwards just sitting there making it 16 players.
    Probably looking at Niko to Teddy via Cody Walker and TRD to a cheap half/fullback cashout next week or Idris to Milne or something like that.
    Hopefully Dylan Edwards gets the fullback gig with Moylan going to 5/8th but I guess TMM will come in.

Round 15 will be the major problem. Struggle to get any more than 10 players at this rate but need to save trades to get Merrin/Cleary/Taupau/Mansour/TTurbo possibly in after round 15
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Fri May 26, 2017 12:12 pm

Finch wrote:Might bite the bullet and hold off destroying my team for 1 round, fingers crossed I can make the ground up in the next two byes...

Anybody doing that?

I got rid of elgy and trd for johnson and nu brown. Tossing up whether i do smith to friend or mcguire to graham but am leaning against it.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri May 26, 2017 12:15 pm

Unless you are going sideways with trades I don't see a reason not to use all 3. eg I'm bringing in Surgess and Graham (and third trade is cashout to fund them).
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri May 26, 2017 12:16 pm

Thinking of making the following trades:
    Smith to Friend
    Brown to Graham
    CHN to Gallen

Leaves me with
    Friend, McInnes
    Graham, McGuire, Fifita, Papalii
    Gallen, Surgess, PODene, Crichton, JDB, Stone
    Johnson, Niko, Frawley, Hampton
    Leilua, Cotric, Fuimaono, Idris
    RTS, Abbey, Slater, Hayne, Jennings

VC of Surgess, Captain Gallen with 13 playing this round.

Looking to bring in Munster and James next week for Niko and Fifita (will upgrade McGuire back to him in after rd 16- yea it's an extra trade but the money from Fifita to James is key)
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri May 26, 2017 12:18 pm

my tv broke wrote:Unless you are going sideways with trades I don't see a reason not to use all 3. eg I'm bringing in Surgess and Graham (and third trade is cashout to fund them).

The bye rounds can be so handy as well for sorting future trades. With so many trade plans all of a sudden time dependent e.g. bring in before this round but not until this has passed, having the money to make the necessary trades/enough trades per round is key. Sometimes a trade in a bye round doesn't need to be for that bye round. Look a few rounds ahead and see that if you have to make 6 trades to get the team/set up you want want but only 5 trades available in say rd 14 and 15, do the cashout trade now if it yields the same result for you.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri May 26, 2017 12:21 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:Thinking of making the following trades:
    Smith to Friend
    Brown to Graham
    CHN to Gallen

Leaves me with
    Friend, McInnes
    Graham, McGuire, Fifita, Papalii
    Gallen, Surgess, PODene, Crichton, JDB, Stone
    Johnson, Niko, Frawley, Hampton
    Leilua, Cotric, Fuimaono, Idris
    RTS, Abbey, Slater, Hayne, Jennings

VC of Surgess, Captain Gallen with 13 playing this round.

Looking to bring in Munster and James next week for Niko and Fifita (will upgrade McGuire back to him in after rd 16- yea it's an extra trade but the money from Fifita to James is key)

I'm looking forward to McGuire and Fifita being PODs, especially Fatfita in round 14. Gallen can take a back step and Fifita can go large.
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Fri May 26, 2017 12:25 pm

Honeysett wrote:
    My team at the moment for reference

Smith/Cook
    Graham/Wallace/Fai/Hoare
    Surgess/Taumalolo/Gallen/Crichton/JDB/Yates
    Pearce/Walker/Frawley/CNK
    Cotric/Suli/Fui/Rennings
    Teddy/RTS/Slater/Hayne/MWZ

The plan after/during byes is ;
    Cook to 2nd best hooker
    Wallace to Fifita
    RTS to Munster
    Yates to best FRF/2RF
    Frawley to 2nd best HLF

Sorry this is all over the place, so is my thought process.

After the Suli and Cook upgrade, where are your funds coming from to do the rest of the upgrades? I can only see Yates to NPR as the only option remaining?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri May 26, 2017 12:30 pm

Ok, it looks like Niko will indeed come off the bench, final 17 confirmed:

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/05/26/hooker_duties_to_be_.html

“Kodi is not going to be able to play 80 minutes, he is not Andrew McCullough in that position,” said Bennett.

“So Travis Waddell will do a job for us there as well.”

so yeah sounds like waddell will take the brunt work to start the game and then niko on. Could play out the game? I guess it all depends on the game situation too.

Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri May 26, 2017 12:39 pm

my tv broke wrote:Ok, it looks like Niko will indeed come off the bench, final 17 confirmed:

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/05/26/hooker_duties_to_be_.html

“Kodi is not going to be able to play 80 minutes, he is not Andrew McCullough in that position,” said Bennett.

“So Travis Waddell will do a job for us there as well.”

so yeah sounds like waddell will take the brunt work to start the game and then niko on. Could play out the game? I guess it all depends on the game situation too.

Either way Niko to Teddy next week for me for 50K, who would have thought that when I bought him for 230K or whatever it was. Adam Elliot turning out to be a nice little surprise packet too. Wonder what other cashies will pop up during the byes to fund those final upgrades.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri May 26, 2017 12:39 pm

itsJay wrote:

After the Suli and Cook upgrade, where are your funds coming from to do the rest of the upgrades? I can only see Yates to NPR as the only option remaining?

Thanks to the guys that replied!

I won't need all that much to do the rest of them - that will be made up by the richest of the slender cows I have left. Frawley/CNK/Hayne/MWZ/Fui/Yates
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Fri May 26, 2017 12:49 pm

my tv broke wrote:Unless you are going sideways with trades I don't see a reason not to use all 3. eg I'm bringing in Surgess and Graham (and third trade is cashout to fund them).

The thing with those trades are, I already had both in my team before this round, so I'm the opposite. If I do trade, it will be Sideways because there aren't many guns left who I haven't got that play this round. Tolman/Walker/Friend the 3 I can think of, but for me, if I bring in Tolman I'm going to be left with Vaughan for Round 15. Cant really bring in Walker for anybody else and dont want to trade Smith out for Friend. It all depends how many trades you have left I feel.
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Fri May 26, 2017 12:57 pm

What do you guys think of Junior Paulo?
    Has gotten some great scores lately, makes a lot of TB.

I am trading out Fifita and CHN to bring in S. Burgess and was thinking Tolman seeing as Brown is out but then I thought if I get Paulo, that would give me a whole heap of money in the bank for upgrading Elliot and Stone later.
    SaveTheCheerleader
    SaveTheCheerleader

Post by SaveTheCheerleader Fri May 26, 2017 12:57 pm

Ok, i have a dilemma, Brown has fucked me hard, just got him last week, dropped 30K and will plummet with that 6 and i can see reduced game time.

HOOKERS
    Brailey / Smith (NPR)

FRONT ROW FORWARDS
    JWH, Tolman, Matagi (R) / McGuire (NPR)

2ND ROW FORWARDS
    Surgess, Whitehead, Crichton, Elliot (R) / JdB (NPR), Stone (NPR)

HALVES
    CWalker, KNik / Frawley (R), Norman (NPR)

CENTRES
    BJ, Fuimaono / Mata'utia (NPR), Jennings (NPR)

WINGER / FULLBACK
    Radradra, Cotric, Nicoll-Klokstad, Tuivasa-Sheck (R) / M. Watene Zelezniak (NPR)

IN Semi Radradra
    OUT Kalyn Ponga
    IN Aiden Tolman
    OUT Nathan Brown

$442k in the bank

Do i need Gallen ? If so ... how ? JDB?

Thoughts?

Sitting on 5000th position, was really hoping to push into the top 2000 over the byes.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 pm