NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:59 pm

Ice wrote:Can't believe how short the Eels are against the Cows. Cows have stars across the park and heaps more finals experience. Sure, Eels are playing some good footy, but so are the Cows, knocking of the premiers, and they have the best forward in the game bar none in Tuamalolo, he is a beast.

I'll. be pumped if we can get the W. can't believe Green has said Eels are certainties,seriously, what coach says that.

he said the same thing about the Sharkies week 1 and it worked a treat for him, obviously trying to pile onto the weight of expectation that's on them at the moment, wouldn't be the first time this season they've crumbled under it
    Dip

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 5 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Dip Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:07 pm

Parra play the ball worse than any team in the comp. everyone is Andrew Fifita quality bad. No wonder they get a roll on.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:47 pm

Cows to classy, experienced and disciplined as expected.

Will be interesting to see how they go next week without Tuamalolo, he will be a fair loss against the Roosters pack.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:48 pm

Dip wrote:Parra play the ball worse than any team in the comp. everyone is Andrew Fifita quality bad. No wonder they get a roll on.

No worse than the Cows or any other team.
    Dip

Post by Dip Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:00 pm

Ice wrote:Cows to classy, experienced and disciplined as expected.

Will be interesting to see how they go next week without Tuamalolo, he will be a fair loss against the Roosters pack.

Lol, "shoulder charge". How was Moses' kick in the play the ball?

At least it shouldn't take you guys another 8 years. Good crowd too Parra.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:16 pm

Dip wrote:

Lol, "shoulder charge". How was Moses' kick in the play the ball?

At least it shouldn't take you guys another 8 years. Good crowd too Parra.

Missed the Moses one. What are Lolos carry overs? Will he get off with an early plea?

Great Crowd, bigger than either game will get next week, pity the boys couldn't aim up. Still, hopefully we learn and improve from this experience. It's fair to say more than any other team we performed above expectations which is a testament to BA. Can we consolidate and build next year? Hopefully, but Semi is a massive loss. It really will depend on how much more improvement Norman and Moses have in them and where Gutho slots back into.

Been a huge fan of what Cam King has done in the back half of the season. He should be our first choice hooker, Pritchard was underdone and woeful tonight and he is prone to throwing those forward passes which are unforgivable

Good luck to the remaining four. I tipped Broncos at the start of the year and haven't been convinced to switch by anyone yet.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:23 am

Ice wrote:
    Good luck to the remaining four. I tipped Broncos at the start of the year and haven't been convinced to switch by anyone yet.

Haven't watched any Melbourne games this season?

This is cool - I get a free swing to question your sanity. If Melbourne win, you're a complete nutter. If the Cows or Roosters win, you're just plain wrong. And if you're right.... my team wins....

It's a good day.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:42 am

Was a good season from the eels, certainly surprised me. Really enjoyed watching them play - Gutherson in particular. He has to be the fullback next year. He just has to - he is clearly the best fullback at the club. French can chime in Blacklock style from the wing.

Losing semi... it wont change their defence too much - it may even improve the defence but geez he can score from anywhere, will really hurt the attack not having him.

Totally agree that king should be the first choice hooker going forward. Thats a no brainer really. A lot of the good stuff in the last bit of the season came from King. He looked great.

And what... Melbourne are basically a perfect footy side this year.

I wonder if they will ever crack down on the play the ball again? Its shocking hey, every team does it. Do we do away with the foot on the ball all together or really crack down on it?
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:41 am

dasherhalo wrote:

Haven't watched any Melbourne games this season?

This is cool - I get a free swing to question your sanity. If Melbourne win, you're a complete nutter. If the Cows or Roosters win, you're just plain wrong. And if you're right.... my team wins....

It's a good day.

I just like their resolve.

Sure, Melbourne and Roosters have played better all year, either side winning won't be a surprise, but I never count out the Broncos.

To be fair, Melbourne are specials to win, but the NRL often throws up twists and turns and the most likely team to do that are Broncos.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:01 am

I dont think anyone has counted out the bronco's, except for their own fans in the thread lol

Melboune are absolute specials to win the comp with Cronk and Slater to retire after they win the GF Wink
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:07 am

Pieman wrote:I dont think anyone has counted out the bronco's, except for their own fans in the thread lol

Melboune are absolute specials to win the comp with Cronk and Slater to retire after they win the GF Wink

Both will play on next year!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:16 pm

The JT shoulder charge.. hahahah far out how did that even get a mention

Shouldnt have even been looked at twice
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:15 am

Ice wrote:

Both will play on next year!

Who's Cronk playing for ?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:02 am

Does he even have another season of playing left him? He was rested a hell of a lot this year
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:07 am

Pieman wrote:I dont think anyone has counted out the bronco's, except for their own fans in the thread lol

I counted them out, thought when Maccas went down they'd fall apart. They haven't but they still don't survive this week.

Roosters V Storm GF. Roosters win.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:15 am

I think storm v roosters with a storm win. They wont lose 2 gfs in a row.
    It wouldnt shock me if Bris beat them this week tho, even if its an upset.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:35 am

long cheered against the storm, but almost going for them just in appreciation of how good they are top to bottom this year & unlike the cap cheating years, they play exciting footy to watch too

i think the cows can beat the chooks but i don't think they can compete with the storm like the roosters can, so i'm hoping for a chooks/storm GF, the game 5-6 weeks ago down there was very enjoyable

broncs have the quality in them but i think the amount of soft tackles they miss at times will bring them undone against the storm
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:18 am

Yeah good point LG. Generally hated watching the storm play because 1. they were/are the cap rorters 2. They were so fucking boring to watch and 3. they always won.

Really loved watching them play this year, appreciating smith and slater more and more too.

They deserve to win the comp. They are the most consistent, most disciplined and have been the best team to watch this season. There is a lot to like about them, crazy how they have changed from the robot like team they were to the entertaining unpredictable team they are now.

In saying that I fucking loved seeing them lose to cronulla last year lol
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:07 pm

Pieman wrote:The JT shoulder charge.. hahahah far out how did that even get a mention

Shouldnt have even been looked at twice

I agree, I only needed one look to know it was a shoulder charge and based on past shoulder charges he should have got a week (plea and carry overs not withstanding).

I think the rule is stupid myself, especially if there is no dangerous contact with the head, but the precedence is there that guys have missed a week for a perfectly good shoulder charge.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:35 pm

haha what? he had his arm up?
    His arm wasnt tucked against his side was it

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:47 am