NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Pieman
    Pieman

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 36 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Pieman Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:28 pm

well predicted
    leaguegod

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 36 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by leaguegod Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:38 pm

Shanbon wrote:This is exactly why Parra are taking their time and not offering overs in negotiation with BA Gutho and Moses. You never see the top 4 teams come out this flat, Parra need to find some consistentcy

the bulldogs almost won in melbourne 4 weeks ago, even the best have flat weeks

in saying that, i still agree with their stance, more so with gutho and moses.

regarding arthur, i feel like you're not learning anything new about him in the next few weeks, he isn't gonna re-invent the wheel but appears to be a solid coach, there doesn't seem to be any other coaches on the market that scream upgrade so i'm pretty certain they end up re-signing him

2 weeks showcasing how wild the NRL can be:

Eels thrash tigers
    Titans thrash knights

they flip opponents and the losers both after comfortable wins over the previous weeks winners
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:32 am

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 36 59008857_429543064274139_4417396313730056192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fsyd7-1
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:12 am

Not at all surprised by the result. But am a little annoyed we played our worst 20 minutes in two seasons at the start of that game and finished with very average 10 minutes.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun May 05, 2019 12:21 pm

Good bounce back after a terrible start, to come back and win easy after trailing 14-0 is a big shift for us. Ordinarily we would have capitulated. Even against Newie,though we played shit we didn't capitulate.
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Sun May 12, 2019 2:01 am

Glad we didn't play Melbourne this week, we have got them next week though lol

To be fair, anyone who played the Storm last night in the mood they were in would have got a touch up.

Bellamy is a genius in these situations
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon May 13, 2019 12:10 am

haha yeah they were absolutely on fire
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed May 15, 2019 11:40 pm

I'm. Or reading much into that loss, Melbourne were always winning that game and we were never winning the Premiership so the 50+ points,thoug embarrsing, is to an issue. What we do this week is the tester. A top 8 for us this year is the goal and a huge overachievement with our squad, so hopefully we can still reach that goal.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Tue May 21, 2019 5:15 pm

I’m tipping a Panthers win this week as Parra play another team into some form. Our line up looks very avg.

Ice

Post by Ice Tue May 21, 2019 10:50 pm

Shanbon wrote:I’m tipping a Panthers win this week as Parra play another team into some form. Our line up looks very avg.

Yep, bound to happen. Cleary to have a big one ahead of Origin selection. I think he will be there for Origin anyway.

When Hoffman is your starting centre you've got problems. Also, Smith at 6🤦‍�.

And young Reed, for god sake have a run. He has had less dummy half runs than Any other starting 9.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue May 21, 2019 11:44 pm

As a young 9 he is prob just being told to concentrate on what he does best, and that is tackle.
    I dare say if he isnt a natural runner, he wont develop that part of his game until a few years into his career.

Newie's whole season started to turn around once Levi started running from dummy half. It changes the entire go forward of a side if the dummy half can actually get on the front foot.

I dont understand why smith is the starting 6 now?? What did Salmon do that was that wrong?
    But yeah its got that smell about it, no Maloney so Cleary can actually control the side.

I dont think Fergo will attack at centre... surely he says on the wing. He has been the best winger in the comp this year pretty much (aside from a few usual brain snaps) why move him.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed May 22, 2019 9:49 am

I just can’t believe Parra re-signed BA without really interviewing any other candidates. They should have at least looked at Justin Holbrook. BAs team selection has been a bit off and as a whole the recruitment strategy lately is just wrong. If we really sign GBurgess I think I may quit. Rumour has it we signed DWZ, I know he was the back up plan if Gutherson left but now he has stayed I’m not sure why you sign DWZ or where you play him.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed May 22, 2019 10:19 am

Centre
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed May 22, 2019 10:23 pm

Pieman wrote:As a young 9 he is prob just being told to concentrate on what he does best, and that is tackle.
    I dare say if he isnt a natural runner, he wont develop that part of his game until a few years into his career.

Newie's whole season started to turn around once Levi started running from dummy half. It changes the entire go forward of a side if the dummy half can actually get on the front foot.

I dont understand why smith is the starting 6 now?? What did Salmon do that was that wrong?
    But yeah its got that smell about it, no Maloney so Cleary can actually control the side.

I dont think Fergo will attack at centre... surely he says on the wing. He has been the best winger in the comp this year pretty much (aside from a few usual brain snaps) why move him.

If I'm the coach, the first thing I want my 9 to do is learn to run, so just get in there pick the ball up and go. Only way to learn when to do it and not to Do it is by doing it.

Fergo agree is wasted in the centres. He gives us so much go forward at the start of our sets.

As for DWZ, if we get him, yep, either centre, OR DWZ at FB and Gutho in 6 is better than our current combo of Gutho and Smith.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed May 22, 2019 10:41 pm

Shanbon wrote:I just can’t believe Parra re-signed BA without really interviewing any other candidates. They should have at least looked at Justin Holbrook. BAs team selection has been a bit off and as a whole the recruitment strategy lately is just wrong. If we really sign GBurgess I think I may quit. Rumour has it we signed DWZ, I know he was the back up plan if Gutherson left but now he has stayed I’m not sure why you sign DWZ or where you play him.

You can't do that.
    2 Reasons:

1. Media shit storm if/when they find out destabalising the team
    2. Hey Shanbon, you're doing a great job, but we think it would be in our best interest to interview other candidates for your job. But don't worry because if we can't find anyone better it's all yours. Keep up the good work.

It's an all or nothing situation, you either do or don't renew. About the only other option is creating a new role like "director of coaching". What's Brian Smith doing ?
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu May 23, 2019 1:19 am

Totally fine and happy With the resigning of BA, and agree totally with the logic of the two reasons above. Don't always agree with every selection decision BA makes, but I don't think there is anyone else out there and available that is gonna come in and immediately turn us into contenders.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu May 23, 2019 5:46 am

I have zero problem with asking him to reapply for the job and interviewing other candidate. Has happened before and in other world sports that are much bigger then the NRL.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu May 23, 2019 5:49 am

Parras problem is the administrator is still in charge so every employment decision seems to be based on the cheapest option, it’s why we didn’t have an assistant coach until halfway through last season and only after being unable to win games did Donnelly agree every team needs extra coaches
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu May 23, 2019 8:23 am

Ice wrote:

If I'm the coach, the first thing I want my 9 to do is learn to run, so just get in there pick the ball up and go. Only way to learn when to do it and not to Do it is by doing it.

Fergo  agree is wasted in the centres. He gives us so much go forward at the start of our sets.

As for DWZ, if we get him, yep, either centre, OR DWZ at FB and Gutho in 6 is better than our current combo of Gutho and Smith.

Its easy to say that, and it will come in time i reckon, but if the kids strength is defence, no doubt the coach would be telling him to stick to what he is good at while he is finding his feet in first grade
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu May 23, 2019 12:31 pm

Parra have major issues and BA has a lot to answer for. Smith Hoffman JJennings should never have been near a 1st grade team, moving a top 3 winger into the centres oh my what a fail that has been. All this rot started when he moved Mahoney to the bench and didnt play a hooker.

That will be 4 out of the last 5 games as losses and 3 of those losses where to teams running bottom 3 when they played them.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 am