NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Ice

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Ice Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:08 pm

I'm. It a Pritchard fan either. Yep,thought we might have found a decent one in King after his finish to last year but we just keep chopping and changing, possibly niggling injuries a factor.

Baptiste is poo, he can stay away. King is a better player. Seggie is good, but a loose cannon, he isnt hooking a side to GF glory. We need to throw the stadium at Cook.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 30 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by ryno_ Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:15 am

Rein is wasted off the bench at GC. Speaking of the GC, if your bean counters knew how to run a club, you'd have never lost Peats and nobody in Parra would be having a hooker conversation.

Cook would be good but surely Souffs wont let him hit FA.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:56 am

I reckon roosters will go fucking hard after Cook after seeing how well he and ted worked together
    there are big wraps on the young fella parra are blooding, duno much about him

Rein is terrible I reckon, but hes better than king and pritchard

Last edited by Pieman on Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:03 am

3 words to solve the Eels hooker crisis:

GOD
    I
    NET
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:17 pm

NRL.com with a sense of humour. That's (blue &) GOLD !!

Norman meets Brennan about Titans switch but must shed bad boy reputation

We've all heard about Corey Norman's bad-boy reputation.

"She's a bit out of control what everyone thinks about me," Norman says.

Unfortunately for the Parramatta five-eighth, that well-documented troubled past continues to haunt him despite his best efforts to turn his career around.

Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan is willing to give him a chance and met Norman three weeks ago.

As it stands, Norman knows he's unwanted at Parramatta. He's been tapped on the shoulder that hard he may need a reconstruction to repair it.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:37 pm

he had a chat on the big sports breaky (as he regularly does) this morning.
    basically said he has been told that he can go if someone wants him. He was joking and laughing about it, Im not sure if I found that good or not. Hes so easy going, doesnt take it too seriously, thats prob why hes been inconsistent his whole career and never won anything
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:48 pm

I rate Norman as a player, if he goes to a contender and stays out of the shit, they will reap the rewards, but the 900k will be handy, as long as we target the right blokes. I fear with Cleary likely linking with his dad at the Tigers the same time Brooks comes off contract, we might end up with a Brooks/Moses combo and that doesn't thrill me.

Shaun Lane seems a decent pick up though, happy with the way he is going at Manly, so hopefully he brings that to the Eels. Will make for a good back row with Brown and Niokure if he continues to develop the way he is going.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:53 pm

Ice wrote:I rate Norman as a player, if he goes to a contender and stays out of the shit, they will reap the rewards, but the 900k will be handy, as long as we target the right blokes. I fear with Cleary likely linking with his dad at the Tigers the same time Brooks comes off contract, we might end up with a Brooks/Moses combo and that doesn't thrill me.

Shaun Lane seems a decent pick up though, happy with the way he is going at Manly, so hopefully he brings that to the Eels. Will make for a good back row with Brown and Niokure if he continues to develop the way he is going.

I can see Brooks at Penrith if Cleary leaves.
    Could Cleary and Brooks not work together? or are their styles too similar?

Roosters are going to need a halfback come the end of next season too... Is Brooks good enough to be the Roosters 7? or will they go after Moses like they have in the past?
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:11 pm

I think Cleary and Brooks could be fine to be honest. I don't think they are that similar personally, but others have suggested they are, I guess it will be what Ivan thinks as I'm sure he will want Cleary as his main half. Which may actually free Brooks up to run a bit more.

I think Brooks to Chooks is actually less likely, so maybe they will have a crack at Moses, who I think probably makes a better combo with Keary. Will be interesting to see how the half merry go round plays out.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:55 pm

Max Donnelly finally stepping down, Best news all year for Parra.

On Norman its funny how when he re-signed he was in trouble and had to settle for 700k per year according to most reports, now that Parra are trying to offload him he is on 900k+

From what i can tell Parra see Moses/Salmon as the long term combo. I see next years backline at full strength
    Gutho
    Leleisiuao
    Hayne
    Jennings
    Fergusson
    Salmon
    Moses

If Hayne doesnt take a pay cut and re-sign then i can see us going to Tupou and pushing Ferg to centre
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:39 am

Ice wrote:I think Cleary and Brooks could be fine to be honest. I don't think they are that similar personally, but others have suggested they are, I guess it will be what Ivan thinks as I'm sure he will want Cleary as his main half. Which may actually free Brooks up to run a bit more.

I think Brooks to Chooks is actually less likely, so maybe they will have a crack at Moses, who I think probably makes a better combo with Keary. Will be interesting to see how the half merry go round plays out.

I too think that Cleary and Brooks would be fine. Cleary has played well with ball dominant Maloney, there is no reason he and brooks wouldnt play well together
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:41 am

Shanbon wrote:Max Donnelly finally stepping down, Best news all year for Parra.

On Norman its funny how when he re-signed he was in trouble and had to settle for 700k per year according to most reports, now that Parra are trying to offload him he is on 900k+

From what i can tell Parra see Moses/Salmon as the long term combo. I see next years backline at full strength
    Gutho
    Leleisiuao
    Hayne
    Jennings
    Fergusson
    Salmon
    Moses

If Hayne doesnt take a pay cut and re-sign then i can see us going to Tupou and pushing Ferg to centre

If Hayne is healthy, I wouldnt hate seeing him have another crack at FB. The last few weeks he has looked great - if this mystery disease stuff is all true then he might be able to get back to some good form.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:02 am

Salmon gets his first start this week against the Dragons. Look for him to tear Hunt a new one. Good to see Arthur make this call before seasons end.

I really like French though so not sure what will become of him.
    As to Norman, I think he will go and With the cash from him and some other departures and plenty in the cap, I wouldn't be upset if we had a red hot crack at Munster if Cook isn't an option.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:51 am

It seems almost certain Norman will go somewhere now. What's everyone's thoughts on his stint with Parra. He certainly had at least a couple of good seasons there. I remember when he was playing well there was quite a bit of talk about him being another good player the Broncos let go.

Having regard for his injuries and off field drama's, what's everyone's thoughts? Without knowing what he got paid by the Eels, it seemed like when he left the Broncos it was probably overs at the time, but we went/are going through a time where halves are getting inflated money the last couple of years. He certainly was in the talk for origin based on sustained performances so I'd say as far as Parra are concerned, he's been a good without being great value for money signing over the course of his time there. Almost certainly not worth the money he'll want (and can probably get) moving forward though.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:41 am

I think he was value for money in a tough period for parra. I think his off field activities affected his relationship with BA and some players and that affected his form this season.

I don’t think he is on 900k next season I’d say 700-750, replace him with Salmon on say 200k (conservative est) paying 150k for him to go, and Hayne(550) doesn’t re-sign you’re looking at 950k for one player. That opens a heap of options (Marty Tapau please)
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:19 pm

Wouldnt want him at my club thats for sure.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:38 am

From a purely football perspective I think he's been very good. It's all of the other shit dragging down his value.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:10 am

Krump wrote:From a purely football perspective I think he's been very good. It's all of the other shit dragging down his value.

I reckon he is one of the most inconsistent halves in the league.
    Will go missing for weeks then has a blinder.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:25 pm

No way Do I want Tapau for $950k. Throw that at Cook or Munster, but not a forward.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:33 pm

Ice wrote:No way Do I want Tapau for $950k. Throw that at Cook or Munster, but not a forward.

Is this a rumour getting around that he is asking this much?

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:00 pm