NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Ice

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 19 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Ice Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:25 pm

Pieman wrote:Imagine your 23 year old 80kg halfback, who has done nothing in the game, who missed the most tackles in the game - coming out and giving a spray to the forwards at half time and the end of the game on tv. Fuck me dead there would be some fuming forwards who busted themselves all game.

I also noticed in that after the game when they were in the sheds, Gutho was walking around helping blokes take their jerseys off etc while hayne and french stood behind everyone backs turned in their own little group. They really need gutherson back on the park, someone the side enjoys playing with and for.

Once our forwards stopped dropping the ball and giving away silly penalties, and gave us close to 50% possession, he led the comeback for us. He missed 3 tackles and made 14, last week he missed 2 and made 14, in the Manly flogging he missed 3 and made 19, in none of those games did he miss the most tackles and there are a few other halves that have missed more this year and have a higher ineffective tackle rate. If your gonna come back with "bad reads" etc and that sort of guff, again, that comes down to the guys that should be helping and protecting him defensively. He has clearly improved defensively under Arthur, but still needs Tom work on it no doubt. Where he is struggling is from the kicking tee, and for a goal kicker, that can affect your confidence so he really needs to do some work there and refocus.

I'd like to think the forwards weren't fuming but actually listened and accepted responsibility for a shit effort for the 4th week in a row from them, they have been ill disciplined, sloppy and unenthusiastic as a group, no doubt about that and Mitchell has every right to try and light a fire under them.

Agree with Gutho.

Easy pot shot on Hayne and French.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 19 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by ryno_ Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:04 am

Ice wrote:

I'd like to think the forwards weren't fuming but actually listened and accepted responsibility for a shit effort for the 4th week in a row from them, they have been ill disciplined, sloppy and unenthusiastic as a group, no doubt about that and Mitchell has every right to try and light a fire under them.

Is that his place to do though? Eels foward pack isnt young (Pritchard aside), any rev up from a guy who looks like he's waiting for puberty to hit, tackles at 70% on a good day and went the first 245minutes of the season without setting up a try isnt going to be well received from a pack of guys mostly in their late 20s.

Moses is an adequate young playmaker - but revving the forwards up isnt the role of a young playmaker. Stay in your lane son.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:19 am

Moses turnstile
    Hayne bad buy
    Spoon or close enough to it

In here or the prediction thread ?
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:27 am

ryno_ wrote:

Is that his place to do though? Eels foward pack isnt young (Pritchard aside), any rev up from a guy who looks like he's waiting for puberty to hit, tackles at 70% on a good day and went the first 245minutes of the season without setting up a try isnt going to be well received from a pack of guys mostly in their late 20s.

Moses is an adequate young playmaker - but revving the forwards up isnt the role of a young playmaker. Stay in your lane son.

He is the team halfback, please find me a coach that doesn't want to see his halfback take some ownership and give someone a rev up when required, which it clearly was.

Not the worst defending half based on reality and the stats, so speuik me about the ills of the others and find me a half dominating behind a pack getting smashed, dropping balls and lacking discipline and effort.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:28 am

No Worries wrote:Moses turnstile
    Hayne bad buy
    Spoon or close enough to it

In here or the prediction thread ?

Insightful after round four. Come back to me after 26. Eels to finish above Tigers comfortably.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:43 am

Ice wrote:

Insightful after round four. Come back to me after 26. Eels to finish above Tigers comfortably.

There's only 25 rounds, do you want 2 points for the bye too ?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:46 am

Ice wrote:

Once our forwards stopped dropping the ball and giving away silly penalties, and gave us close to 50% possession, he led the comeback for us. He missed 3 tackles and made 14, last week he missed 2 and made 14, in the Manly flogging he missed 3 and made 19, in none of those games did he miss the most tackles and there are a few other halves that have missed more this year and have a higher ineffective tackle rate. If your gonna come back with "bad reads" etc and that sort of guff, again, that comes down to the guys that should be helping and protecting him defensively. He has clearly improved defensively under Arthur, but still needs Tom work on it no doubt. Where he is struggling is from the kicking tee, and for a goal kicker, that can affect your confidence so he really needs to do some work there and refocus.

Agree with Gutho.

Easy pot shot on Hayne and French.

He led the comeback? He did 1 good thing in the whole game.
    According to champion data - missed 3 last week which was the most for the eels
    Week before he missed 7 - easily the most for the eels
    Week of the pounding - it says he missed 1 .. says hayne missed 5 tho so I wonder how many were from being nervy / making bad reads around moses. Also, I wonder if just being run past counts as a missed tackle, or do you have to touch them?
    Week 1 missed 2 along with hayne and french

Now missing tackles is not the be all and end all - maloney has been doing it his whole career and he is regarded as a great player. But fuck, if you miss tackles dont come out and have a crack at the forwards for not having a go ON NATIONAL TV. Do it in the sheds. I suspect he is the kind of person that wouldnt say it to their faces though. A half, the brains of the team, the extension of the coach - has every right to rip into forwards when they arent doing their job properly - but not on national tv and not twice in one day.

Also, was that a pot shot? Or just stating what literally happened? V defensive there mate

ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:06 am

Ice wrote:

He is the team halfback, please find me a coach that doesn't want to see his halfback take some ownership and give someone a rev up when required, which it clearly was.

Not the worst defending half based on reality and the stats, so speuik me about the ills of the others and find me a half dominating behind a pack getting smashed, dropping balls and lacking discipline and effort.

Im pretty sure if Bellamy saw Croft giving his props a rev up he'd bring him aside and tell him to stay in his lane - or the captain would. Same with Bennett and Niko. Cleary and Brooks. Brennan and Taylor. Pick your young half.

Teams have leadership groups for a reason. Its not the role of a young player to rev up the forward pack, much less a young bloke who doesnt do the hard yards himself.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:18 am

ryno_ wrote:

Im pretty sure if Bellamy saw Croft giving his props a rev up he'd bring him aside and tell him to stay in his lane - or the captain would. Same with Bennett and Niko. Cleary and Brooks. Brennan and Taylor. Pick your young half.

Teams have leadership groups for a reason. Its not the role of a young player to rev up the forward pack, much less a young bloke who doesnt do the hard yards himself.

I think it depends on the player. I think it is also the role of the halfback to organise and get blokes into position and to put effort in.
    I tend to think most coaches would like seeing a young half give a spray to a forward on the field, my issue with it is doing it in an interview on TV, twice. Not the actual act of doing it. It is also 100% the captains job too. But again, in private or on the field. Not in an interview.

Cleary is obviously a lead by example kind of player.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:29 am

Pieman wrote:

Cleary is obviously a lead by example kind of player.

Whats that got to do with the price of tea in China?
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:59 am

Seriously, The forwards have been shite, I don't care if the ball boy calls them out on national TV.

As to the speculation as to what others might do, it's mere speculation but Moses isn't the first and won't be the last to give an honest assessment of various aspects of the game/team and I for one appreciate the honesty and if the forwards can't cop it then they need a good hard look at themselves. If they think he isn't "leading them around the park" the. That's on them to say so if they are unhappy with the critique, but Arthurhas always encouraged his players to give honest appraisals be it in public or private. I'm glad the team is happy to speak publicly. Arthur leads by example, he came out after the Manly game and fronted the media on the Monday, he didn't sook and moan and blame the media like some coaches have.

Again, if people think Moses is our issue at the minute, then they simply aren't watching.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:07 am

I won't refute any stats as the stats from Fox and NRL.com are terrible. The NRL website is sooooo shit.

Where do you get decent stats from these days Pieman, cause I can't find any decent ones anywhere.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:00 pm

Look ice. Moses is barely a first grader. To think some people were talking origin. Just lol. He probably wouldn’t be in the 17 at 10 clubs in the NRL.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:56 am

Ice wrote:I won't refute any stats as the stats from Fox and NRL.com are terrible. The NRL website is sooooo shit.

Where do you get decent stats from these days Pieman, cause I can't find any decent ones anywhere.

http://mc.championdata.com/nrl/

usually here mate
    the league live app too usually but they have vastly different stats sometimes lol
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:57 am

Parra dont look like scoring. Im struggling to even see what their plan is with the ball, they look like they just go from side to side hoping for something to happen. The problem seems to be Will Smith has no idea what he is doing at fullback, he should be tipping the halves a bit more and coming into the line to make the overlap instead he just hangs around in no-mans land
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:16 am

Last year's plan was throw it to Semi
    This year ......................
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:43 am

Nathan Brown looked fkd, his ankle was not looking good, anytime out for him and Parra is in more shit, won't help my fantasy team either

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:48 pm

You cant say the forwards didnt have a dig this week ... yet moses still played like shit.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:57 am

i don't actually think parra were THAT bad, few bombed tries didn't help them. Halves just couldn't ice any of the plays, but I think the panthers defense deserves credit. they were constantly getting off their line and getting in the eels faces. The eels weren't able to cope were lacking that extra attacking weapon from FB something that king guth would have given them.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:13 am

Gutho back this week apparently. Cruisy game against another hapless team. Easy way to play themselves back into form.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 am